Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,445 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170949 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sweetoma: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

I honestly dont think your cited budget range will get you a good 3 bed in Bournemouth.
That's the 1 bed to maybe 2 bed, 1 toilet range.
As someone else said, check carefully, it's an expensive place to be in.

Please oh make una help. 1 bedroom appt in Bournemouth area. Price range £800 per month
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:40am On Feb 08, 2022
justwise:

You no look pass first line in that first page,

You no see the time I respond ......... I wake up, go do number 1 ............. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
sweetoma:

I’m not looking for a 3 bed. I am looking for a 1 bed room it’s for myself, husband and a small child

Apologies, I misread your initial post.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
As a biomedical Scientist in the U.K. u don’t necessarily need a cv, all u need is a good profile on trac.jobs which you will be using to make applications. However, if u really need one u can create based on the information on your trac.jobs profile. I can review ur profile for free and help arrange a convincing personal statement to land a job.

Also, I will recommend this training for you https://labmedexpert.com/training/individual-training although it is far from Sheffield but if u can sacrifice to do the training, u can get job almost immediately as a locum staff.

If you were registered with MLSCN in Nigeria, I suggest you start your HCPC registration now and when it’s done you can apply for jobs as HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist.

eolme:
cc Omopapa
Good morning.
I arrived the UK ( Sheffield ) on Friday on dependant Visa and I don't wish to work as a carer. I am a medical laboratory scientist but not yet gotten my HCPC licence, are there other healthcare jobs I can do? Please I need suggestions on online training I can do to boost my CV. Also what will likely be the cost for a professional to review my CV?
Thank you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tpoju: 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello everyone. Does anyone here live in Lincolnshire? We are considering options for postgraduate study (University of lincoln) and possible relocation of a young family of 3. I'd like a bit of background on what it's like living there as a Nigerian, in terms of diversity, job opportunities, family/social life in general.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ugochinyere1:
Una well done o.
Please I just arrived Aberdeen 2 days ago and currently in Airbnb. I'm in dire need of an accomodation in Aberdeen, I'm a postgraduate student of RGU and would appreciate pointers to getting one asap edakun

Hi welcome to Aberdeen. Have a look at ASPC website.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Based on the information on here especially on accommodation request, which city would you invest in student HMO?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
omopapa:
Based on the information on here especially on accommodation request, which city would you invest in student HMO?

Aberdeen.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ugochinyere1(f): 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
Thanks. Right away

Peerielass:

Hi welcome to Aberdeen. Have a look at ASPC website.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Well, all that's theoretical.
Firstly, the EU won't take Scotland or Wales even if they do vote for independence, Spain won't allow them to do so because that will only encourage Catalonia.

Secondly, the level of social welfare that is currently obtainable in the UK cannot be funded by taxation of 5 or 3 million people alone. Tax levels will have to be punitive, and it will be difficult to find people willing to vote for their own impoverishment, temporary or not, out of an idealised attachment to some nationalist ideal. Support for independence mainly ran in the areas with lower income in Scotland such as Dundee and Glasgow, where deindustrialisation hit hard. Edinburgh, Aberdeen, the islands, etc., all voted to remain in the UK. They know where their interests lie.

[b]These days people are less committed than before. Put simply, nobody is dedicated enough to suffer for years in the pursuit of so-called nationhood. In the 60s and 70s when poverty was common and hardship was not an unusual part of life in the UK, when central heating na new thing and many people were still burning wood to heat their homes and using outdoor toilets) they could have accepted that. Definitely not now [\b] .

Great point tho.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lovelynife(m): 3:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Wonlasewonimi......

Your thoughts on Geely & Great Wall .......
Good afternoon Mr Lexusgs430.... Have you acquired any knowledge about the Geely cars. Please I will like to know more about the car please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
omopapa:

Edinburgh/Glasgow
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eolme(f): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
omopapa:
As a biomedical Scientist in the U.K. u don’t necessarily need a cv, all u need is a good profile on trac.jobs which you will be using to make applications. However, if u really need one u can create based on the information on your trac.jobs profile. I can review ur profile for free and help arrange a convincing personal statement to land a job.

Also, I will recommend this training for you https://labmedexpert.com/training/individual-training although it is far from Sheffield but if u can sacrifice to do the training, u can get job almost immediately as a locum staff.

If you were registered with MLSCN in Nigeria, I suggest you start your HCPC registration now and when it’s done you can apply for jobs as HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist.

Thank you for your respond, I submitted my HCPC application yesterday. I will create an account on track.jobs and I look forward to you reviewing my profile.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
Chreze:
If the UK were to be a person, I see it like those Aunties/uncles that have made a name for themselves as big Anty/uncle that tries to solve everyone’s financial issues. To the point when they don’t have, they go to borrow from other people to give to another person so as to keep their title “Big Anty/Uncle”, Then later turn around to be the one everyone is scolding in the family for having bad financial attitude/behavior.

I think the Uk/UK government are in a very bad financial place but keep acting like all is well. They promise a lot to people (Afghans), things they cant fulfill. They have a lot going wrong with them, but they feel they have a title globally and would prefer to involve in Ukrainian issues (to save their title) than focus on how to come out of their financial mess.

I see decisions of the UK/UK government affecting the other countries in the union (UK). I think it will be best for the union to be separated so that these other countries can take decisions that best suit them, and not let some group of undisciplined adults control their affairs. If they ever separate the other countries will do far far better than what the controlling country at the moment would achieve.

Since we are here already, it will be best to have an alternate plans. Plans that can be actualized outside the UK. I think it’s going to be a difficult run ahead for the UK and it’s residents. It will be fine at the end, but it’s gonna be ruff.

I may be wrong. Or maybe I am tired and need some rest. Abi a cup of wine. Time will tell.

Don't be fooled by Nicola Sturgeon.... Scotland will not even be able to survive a year let alone forever been independent. Even to join EU which will be their saving grace to prop them worse case, it takes ages to join EU with many requirements
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Samopex05: 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
Can a Band 2 Nursing Assistant within the NHS be qualified for sponsorship?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Can someone please recommend a reliable mobile electric heater?

I plan on getting one as the cost of gas heating a 3 bedroom apartment is becoming unbearable.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tolajay: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
Welcome.

But I'm almost certain you won't get a family space for your budget.

sweetoma:
Hello Everyone, I just arrived Bournemouth on Sunday, currently staying at an Air BNb. I am in dire need of accommodation, for a family of 3. Budget is between £600 - £800 per month. If you have anything please let me know. Thanks so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Please oh which store can I get a solid, warm, leather jacket that can make someone warm in this cold weather.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
sweetoma:
Hello Everyone, I just arrived Bournemouth on Sunday, currently staying at an Air BNb. I am in dire need of accommodation, for a family of 3. Budget is between £600 - £800 per month. If you have anything please let me know. Thanks so much

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/60714096/. Check zoopla and don’t restrict area. Try and widen your search
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Lovelynife:

Good afternoon Mr Lexusgs430.... Have you acquired any knowledge about the Geely cars. Please I will like to know more about the car please

Geely, is a big player in the automotive space...... If you love Volvo & Polestar offerings...... You indirectly love Geely....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sweetoma: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
Akorkor:

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/60714096/. Check zoopla and don’t restrict area. Try and widen your search

Alright I’m doing that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
canadaishome:

Congratulations

Please can you share some insight on how you got a job offer that provides sponsorship.
Will you be ending your course or will your employer allow you to finish?
I'm on that path and it would really be appreciated

Hi, I shared here.

https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health/21#109533402

I won’t be finishing my course before switching as the CoS is only valid for 3 months. I, however, may choose to continue my studies online should Uni allow that or defer.

Although, I’ll most likely defer my dissertation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
Akorkor:
Please oh which store can I get a solid, warm, leather jacket that can make someone warm in this cold weather.

No leather jacket will keep you warm. What helps with the cold is layering. Buy some long sleeve vest/underwear to wear underneath your top/trousers and then a jumper to go over the top. If it’s bitterly cold � like sub zero temperature, a thick cardigan might also come in handy.

In due course you will learn to dress like Michelin man. Like they say there’s no such things as bad weather only unsuitable clothing.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You no see the time I respond ......... I wake up, go do number 1 ............. wink

Mr president
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
teeebest:
Can someone please recommend a reliable mobile electric heater?

I plan on getting one as the cost of gas heating a 3 bedroom apartment is becoming unbearable.

Electric heating will cost more

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
CheesyTee:

Hi, I shared here.

https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health/21#109533402

I won’t be finishing my course before switching as the CoS is only valid for 3 months. I, however, may choose to continue my studies online should Uni allow that or defer.

Although, I’ll most likely defer my dissertation.

I read what you shared. Congratulations smiley I’m fascinated by where your job will be located. Sounds like a different magical world. Please keep us posted as to how your experience is generally. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mamatukwas:

I read what you shared. Congratulations smiley I’m fascinated by where your job will be located. Sounds like a different magical world. Please keep us posted as to how your experience is generally. All the best.

Scottish Islands are known to be picturesque but be prepared for remote living. They are also very insular and quite isolating. I know because I lived in one for 5 years and couldn’t wait to move back to the mainland and to civilisation. Not sure I would recommend it to someone that has just recently arrived in UK.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
Akorkor:
Get thermal long sleeves and tights from Marks and Spencer underwear range.
Really good stuff, I only use them and my clothes and then outer jacket...sometimes it feels too warm in the office with jacket off.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
Peerielass:

Scottish Islands are known to be picturesque but be prepared for remote living. They are also very insular and quite isolating. I know because I lived in one for 5 years and couldn’t wait to move back to the mainland and to civilisation. Not sure I would recommend it to someone that has just recently arrived in UK.

I can imagine. But I find it fascinating that almost the 70% of the population in some parts still speak Scottish Gaelic and hold on to traditions. That’s amazing. But you’re right, it will be nice in small doses.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.