Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179255 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
I passed ur number to someone ystday, did they reach out?
ybahrbz91:
Good Morning Everyone.

I am looking for a Flatmate in Glasgow.

G31 4TS
3 bed 1 Tiolet
Can only be occupied by 2 Tenant
£700 per month
1 month deposit £700
Total £1400
tenant 1. available already paid. £700. Looking for tenant 2 to pay £700. Monthly rent will later be £350 each.

Anyone interested should please dm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lol first bank

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Schoolhike: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
ybahrbz91:
Good Morning Everyone.

I am looking for a Flatmate in Glasgow.

G31 4TS
3 bed 1 Tiolet
Can only be occupied by 2 Tenant
£700 per month
1 month deposit £700
Total £1400
tenant 1. available already paid. £700. Looking for tenant 2 to pay £700. Monthly rent will later be £350 each.

Anyone interested should please dm

Hi I’m interested.

How do I contact you??

I don’t know my password to access this mail
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Who has lemonade referral code?

Signing up for it now

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
umarwy:
Lol first bank

Think it's now $20 for Zenith bank

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
hustla:
Who has lemonade referral code?

Signing up for it now
https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/rNUJ

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ralphlauren:

I shared the info below last year on the old thread. Its still very relevant with the exception of the stamp duty holiday which was closed last year.

https://www.nairaland.com/4158866/living-uk-life-uk-immigrant/523#98157720

===================

Bookmarked for future reference

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
ukay2:

Which mortgage broker do you use please?

https://peritusprivatefinance.co.uk/

Request to speak to a gentleman named Vick

He provides mortgage advice/services for properties in England and Scotland

26 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Temi231:

Can you advice/ suggest on this

He provides mortgage services for properties in England and Scotland

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
And to add to what has been said about properties a few pages back:

Keep abreast of current and future regulations. I read today that from 2025 landlords with houses with EPC rating D or less will have to upgrade their properties to level C before they can start new tenancies.

This has potential to add significant cost to upgrade properties for landlords. The landlord usually will pass cost to tenant so potential increase in rent.

I think they are planning same for house sales too, If your house is not up to a certain EPC rating, you won't be able to sell. Don't quote me o.

Welcome to the green agenda

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
The amount of information provided on this page and the previous is enough to write a book buying your first house in the UK for dummies grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ralphlauren:

He provides mortgage services for properties in England and Scotland

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SakJiggy: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Civil engineers in Uk.
I have question, what the advantages of completing a MSc in civil engineering in uk, with a good grade?

Will it be easier to get graduate jobs, or it doesn’t matter at all.

Who can also share experiences of church networking and networking with other Nigerians to get good jobs in uk related to one’s discipline. How effective is it?
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
omopapa:
The amount of information provided on this page and the previous is enough to write a book buying your first house in the UK for dummies grin

Who go help us do the Buy to let or HMO version ..... please there are some listening ears here

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ralphlauren:

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
hustla:

Think it's now $20 for Zenith bank

20usd in a month, na to use am do Spotify
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
I think the next one should be how to build and save up for mortgage deposit.

I have heard of the “ajo/esusu” style and also cash gift
LagosismyHome:

Who go help us do the Buy to let or HMO version ..... please there are some listening ears here

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
omopapa:
I think the next one should be how to build and save up for mortgage deposit.

I have heard of the “ajo/esusu” style and also cash gift

How does the "ajo/esusu" style works. Wouldn't the repayment/contribution show in the bank statement and potentially affect affordability?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Bluetherapy:

How does the "ajo/esusu" style works. Wouldn't the repayment/contribution show in the bank statement and potentially affect affordability?

Simply wait for 3 or more months after receiving the funds in your account before you make a full mortgage application as lenders usually ask for bank statements of the last 3 months preceding your application.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sweetoma: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Anyone have details on the Tier 2 health and care visa for those already living in the UK? Does it really include Health Care Assistants?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
For example: 10 group of friends contributing £1,000 monthly. One person pack the total contribution and use it for down payment of their mortgage.

They continue the circle until it goes round
Bluetherapy:

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
omopapa:

I know what you are doing, you are stylishly bookmarking for future ref, on mortgage.
No kind me, na wetin me sef dey try to do. Lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
omopapa:
For example: 10 group of friends contributing £1,000 monthly. One person pack the total contribution and use it for down payment of their mortgage.

They continue the circle until it goes round
Ppl still do ajo? In the UK?
Una like wahala o.
If one person packs and doesn't pay up what happens?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ralphlauren:

Just wanted to ask can someone get a nice 3 bedroom house on mortgage in a good location with £30k
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SamReinvented: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ralphlauren:

If you do not hold a foreign passport, getting a US visa is very easy. You just need to understand the "common" strategy that applies for UK resident applicants.

Wetin be the strategy na? No dey give us half gist na wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
I very much doubt it except it’s those inhabitable houses that will require plenty of refurbishment work
Mellady:

Just wanted to ask can someone get a nice 3 bedroom house on mortgage in a good location with £30k
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Grp of trusted, working class and serious like minds
mizGene:

Ppl still do ajo? In the UK?
Una like wahala o.
If one person packs and doesn't pay up what happens?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SamReinvented: 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ralphlauren:

Yes, you can. I currently have 2 mortgages. My source of income and affordability tests were based on my contract jobs.

I used very good mortgage brokers/advisors that sourced the lowest possible interest rates for me though.

Anything is possible if you have a very good mortgage broker that knows his stuff.
Please name them? If you don’t mind.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=Ralphlauren post=110885731]

As lexusgs430 has suggested, travel to the US and do all your shopping. Its cheaper than you think. If you travel off peak, you can get return BA flights from London to New York for around £350-£400.

Prior to the pandemic, I would travel to the US at least twice a year for vacation and stock up on casual/office wear. Talk about using one bird to kill two stones. grin My username says it all. You get the best RL outfits for the best prices in the US. grin

If you do not hold a foreign passport, getting a US visa is very easy. You just need to understand the "common" strategy that applies for UK resident applicants. [/quote]

Designer boss, pls share the common strategy oo, want to step out of UK soon. Can someone qualify for Dropbox in the UK as well
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
omopapa:
Grp of trusted, working class and serious like minds

Until one person smokes weed...

Best set up a direct debit to your own account that you cat easily access.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
omopapa:
I very much doubt it except it’s those inhabitable houses that will require plenty of refurbishment work

I think she means deposit....(I hope....)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.