Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1180290 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ynniks1: 8:34am On Mar 17, 2022
ufeedoh:

It’s been more than 20 working days and haven’t heard from them. Dependant can’t work with that on the Brp

I am currently in same shoes and I am so tired of waiting and left blank.... please , what was the last email you received from them ? Or can you share your contact let's talk over the phone and share ideas.... been here not doing anything for a while now and it's actually crazy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 8:57am On Mar 17, 2022
thanks so much

Lexusgs430:

The implication is, your bank withdraws their services and shuts your account down.........

They would start by blocking your account, conduct their own investigations, if nothing suspicions is picked up. They could release or shut account down.....

But you know, they now have their eye's on you ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ahappygirl: 9:47am On Mar 17, 2022
Please does IHS payment cover dentist appointment and treatment?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:10am On Mar 17, 2022
Ahappygirl:
Please does IHS payment cover dentist appointment and treatment?

NO...... For adults.....

Kids receive free dental treatments........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babranancy: 10:48am On Mar 17, 2022
Hi everyone
Please do I still need to fill passenger locator form while traveling to the Uk
Do I still need to book covid test after arriving in the Uk despite fully vaccinated since I need to fill it in the passenger locator form or has it been waived
Can I fill passenger locator form 3 days prior to arriving in to the Uk
Please I need your help as regards to this passenger locator form because it is confusing me. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ramafama: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2022
zeb04:
Guys I finally got a job in the Uk after trying for 2 years from Nigeria . To God be the glory.

My office is in Wilmsow Cheshire Manchester. Unfortunately, resumption time is 7:30am-5pm.

We are a family of 3 but i will be coming alone first.

I wonder how, i would juggle it out with my child and school and still resume work by 7:30am when my family moves in with him.

I have asked this question before but i am looking for a place close to wilmslow that is affordable in terms of rent and schools for kids. Please suggest the closest towns i can live in.

Thank you, May God bless you all.
If you are working full time and you have kids that are not in primary school, you need to get full time childcare provision for them. This is usually a 10 hour a day cover.This maybe in form of a nursery or child minder. The latter is usually an 8am -6pm affair. They are not usually flexible. Childminder may be more flexible. These are the government recognised options.
Non-governmental recognised options include grandmas in church, grandma's nearby etc. They will be cheaper and more flexible but they usually have a lot more children under their care.
Childcare in the UK is very expensive.
For primary school kids (over 5s) you can use a breakfast club/afterschool club provision.
Again most start at 8 and end 5pm or 6pm max. They are not cheap and even if you can afford them. You end up running upandan to drop off and pick up kids.
That said it is possible but you must prepare yourself it is not easy. All the best wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
Morning all

I don come again. My daughter in Year 4 class told me that they have upto year 9 abi 10 in their school here. Is it an equivalent of JSS in naija? Am asking because their elder brothers in JSs1 and 3 will join them soonest in the UK. They are 11 and 13 years old respectively. Will they be admitted back to Primary school? Or Secondary school. Honestly this UK school system is confusing
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
£326 needed in exchange for NGN

Mamatukwas, do you have?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
babranancy:
Hi everyone
Please do I still need to fill passenger locator form while traveling to the Uk
Do I still need to book covid test after arriving in the Uk despite fully vaccinated since I need to fill it in the passenger locator form or has it been waived
Can I fill passenger locator form 3 days prior to arriving in to the Uk
Please I need your help as regards to this passenger locator form because it is confusing me. Thanks

I believe the locator form is within 24 hrs before you board

I think they have removed the need for a locator form now though, you can see the info on the home office website

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/all-covid-19-travel-restrictions-removed-in-the-uk
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2022
hustla:

Mamatukwas, do you have?

I need naira, got pounds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mellady:

I need naira, got pounds

Rate?
Vouch?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lipsync: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
hustla:

Rate?
Vouch?
I should be asking you this, what's your rate? Lol. I usually send money to Nigeria thru OhentPay, but their rate is a bit low today
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mellady:

I should be asking you this, what's your rate? Lol. I usually send money to Nigeria thru OhentPay, but their rate is a bit low today

750?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lipsync:
Hello everyone
Very urgent ….
Pls is there anyone who travelled to the uk with qatar airline between yesterday and today,did they ask for a covid test result.pls help,45k no be beans abeg

I'm in this dilemma too I'm traveling this weekend
I'm using Egypt air
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oludolao: 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
Year 9 is JSS3, so the 11yrs old depending on the month of birth will be Year 6 or 7.

mex551:
Morning all

I don come again. My daughter in Year 4 class told me that they have upto year 9 abi 10 in their school here. Is it an equivalent of JSS in naija? Am asking because their elder brothers in JSs1 and 3 will join them soonest in the UK. They are 11 and 13 years old respectively. Will they be admitted back to Primary school? Or Secondary school. Honestly this UK school system is confusing
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ynniks1:

I am currently in same shoes and I am so tired of waiting and left blank.... please , what was the last email you received from them ? Or can you share your contact let's talk over the phone and share ideas.... been here not doing anything for a while now and it's actually crazy

Have you tried checking your “right to work” status on gov.uk ?

The correct status might be on your right to work page.

You can convince respective agencies that it’s an error on the BRP
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Try Open Study College.
A couple of people have used those for their NVQs that I can remember.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
mex551:
use Google. You will see plenty. Also filter the key words on indeed. Dem plenty

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
kaylov12:

Congratulations on the first step.

The Uni should let you know the interview format , but it is usually in two phases.

1. Prior to the interview: Some administer a test or ask for a subject knowledge audit to know confident you are on topics in the subject area.

2. For the interview:
You may be given a topic, and asked to talk them through how you would teach it (lesson presentation)

You would be asked questions like you are interviewing to be a teacher; the whys, whats and how. Safeguarding question always come up as well, including dicussion on an educational and Professional Issues.

You could PM me for more support.

Thanks a lot. PM sent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deleson: 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
Good evening.

Does anyone have an idea of the cost for spending pounds from a UK bank account to a Nigerian Pounds account?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
Santa2:

There is supposedly a new visa class coming up this spring, The Scale up Visa, where you just need to earn up to £33,000 while working in an organisation that qualifies as a scale up company(a company with revenue or employee growth of at least 20% over last 3 years). It is an unsponsored route i.e you don't require sponsorship from the company just like the global talent visa and of course it counts towards ILR.
This is interesting cool
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
Good evening guys, this thread has been such a great source of information and blessing to me and my family.

My wife and kids visas are out as dependents on my student visa, but on my wife's visa is written restricted work. Does this mean she can't work full time?? @TheGuyFromHR @Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
So I got myself a Credit Karma account last year, score has been 570 since then despite all the moves I made to build it up...

Yesterday I signed up to check with Experian and I got 975 ...
Not sure why there is a crazy gap, any thoughts?
Just in case someone else is having a similar experience...might be worth trying out a different service

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
IcecoldDon:
Good evening guys, this thread has been such a great source of information and blessing to me and my family.

My wife and kids visas are out as dependents on my student visa, but on my wife's visa is written restricted work. Does this mean she can't work full time?? @TheGuyFromHR @Lexusgs430

This is absolutely fine. She can work full time

Buh she can’t work as sportsperson.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
IcecoldDon:

no she can. It means she cannot work as a sportsman or medical doctor in training

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Yes

Wow...please how can I go about this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2022
Thank you Bro

rayralph:

This is absolutely fine. She can work full time

Buh she can’t work as sportsperson.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
Thanks so much Bro.

jesmond3945:
no she can. It means she cannot work as a sportsman or medical doctor in training
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
hustla:

Mamatukwas, do you have?

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.