Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1178005 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Endlessgrace: 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author=twizzie post=111059950]
Yes, I captured on the 5th of February and I received my passport last week, I did not pay priority fee.[/quote

Thanks for your response. My son had his capturing on the 21st, hopefully we’ll get it this week or next.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Some of us do, in our living rooms or bedrooms...... Depending on how we feel .......... grin

You be “shon of the shoil” nah, lol grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ukliving:
Good day all,
Hope you are all well

I was advised to create an account and state my issue.
My husband is a student in the UK studying Data science and I'm spouse dependent. We also have kids.
My dilemma is that I was offered two jobs in care. One will offer sponsorship and the other won't. The one with sponsorship is in England and we are in Glasgow scotland.
The one that won't offer sponsorship are in Glasgow and are on the sponsor list. I checked but they are still claiming that they can't offer sponsorship. I don't want to go to England because the job is domiciliary care which means driving and driving for hours and only getting paid for time spent with clients. Which means I may never get to see my children who are still very young.
I just feel 5 years is a long time to be miserable and unhappy because of trying to get ILR
A friend advised me to take the non sponsorship one and try to convince them and secondly, to keep looking for another job with sponsorship in Scotland.
Our visa will expire in January 2023.
I'm really confused on what to do. Am I being crazy for even thinking of not taking the job with sponsorship? I really need wise advice. Thank you in advance

There is no right or wrong answer to this. Some will agree that you are being crazy for not grabbing the sponsorship ‘opportunity’ with both hands, while some would argue that ‘at what cost’? From your tone, it seems you do not want to sacrifice your family for the fast track ILR. While I agree that not every opportunity is an opportunity, my advice for you would be to sit down with your other half and agree what’s best for your family.

If you could get 2 job offers at the same time now, you will certainly get another one with sponsorship close to home - sooner or later. See these 2 offers as your stepping stone - each has one advantage over the other - so the question you should ask yourself is which of the 2 do you want to take as a stepping stone to what you really want? England for a few months to start the ILR clock or Scotland for a few months to get UK work experience and boost your chances of getting one with sponsorship locally? Whatever decision you make is not crazy - they are both valid and sensible - you just need to decide based on what you believe is best for you and your family, given the circumstance.

PS: if you take the one without sponsorship and perform really well on the job and decide to leave after a few months due to sponsorship, chances are they will offer you the sponsorship to keep you. And if they don’t, it’s their loss!

Finally, you will receive advice from people based on their own circumstance and what matters to them. What you make of it, is entirely up to you.

32 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
icon8:

There is no right or wrong answer to this. Some will agree that you are being crazy for not grabbing the sponsorship ‘opportunity’ with both hands, while some would argue that ‘at what cost’? From your tone, it seems you do not want to sacrifice your family for the fast track ILR. While I agree that not every opportunity is an opportunity, my advice for you would be to sit down with your other half and agree what’s best for your family.

If you could get 2 job offers at the same time now, you will certainly get another one with sponsorship close to home - sooner or later. See these 2 offers as your stepping stone - each has one advantage over the other - so the question you should ask yourself is which of the 2 do you want to take as a stepping stone to what you really want? England for a few months to start the ILR clock or Scotland for a few months to get UK work experience and boost your chances of getting one with sponsorship locally? Whatever decision you make is not crazy - they are both valid and sensible - you just need to decide based on what you believe is best for you and your family, given the circumstance.

PS: if you take the one without sponsorship and perform really well on the job and decide to leave after a few months due to sponsorship, chances are they will offer you the sponsorship to keep you. And if they don’t, it’s their loss!

Finally, you will receive advice from people based on their own circumstance and what matters to them. What you make of it, is entirely up to you.

This is one of the best post that I have read on here, it is a difficult decision, I really wouldn’t want to be in her shoes right now. But great response to her post.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
Old generation bank's........ Feeling the heat . ..... grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Old generation bank's........ Feeling the heat . ..... grin

Once upon a time, a certain guy on this thread (names withheld) said challenger banks are for illegal immigrants and dodgy people. I didn’t say the guy’s name was Eric oh…. I didn’t say it was erico2k2 ohhh… I cum in peace

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
KOVIC19COVID20:

Once upon a time, a certain guy on this thread (names withheld) said challenger banks are for illegal immigrants and dodgy people. I didn’t say the guy’s name was Eric oh…. I didn’t say it was erico2k2 ohhh… I cum in peace

I no dey o ... . cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
Unu don start again abi

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
erico2k2:
Unu don start again abi

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 8:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Seen.
Scotland is not necessarily "rosy", but it gets more public funds from the UK government than England and Wales per head, so it and NI have proportionally more money to play with than England, which is the financier of the UK.

---and yet they want to go independent. They will suffer ehnnnnn....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DrObum(m): 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
erico2k2:
Unu don start again abi
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
twizzie:

Best to contact TLS Abuja so you can track the passport. I have read stories where they lost people's passport and they kept saying they had not received it from UKVI.

The good thing is you know the decision has been made and you have gotten confirmation that the passport has likely been returned to them.

Unfortunately, these TLS people appear to be un-contactable
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by qizick: 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Great thread please ppl in Plymouth how is live there generally , just got my dream course I will be coming soonest
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
BorisJohnson:

---and yet they want to go independent. They will suffer ehnnnnn....

Who are we to dispute this comment........ BJ spoken..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Thank you Baba Lexus… I got my BRP today
Lexusgs430:

You're are simply masking the pain, without getting to the root of the issue.........

Excessive intake of painkillers, is also not good for your kidneys........

Expect constipation...... Your shit go hang ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ufeedoh: 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Good evening everyone, I need advice and help from anyone who has gone through this.
Our visa came out February and I saw no work, no business on my dependant visa. We traveled to the uk and picked up the Brp on the 14th and he still got the no work, no business. I immediately filled the form online and was emailed that it will take 20 days . Till now we haven’t heard anything
Please anyone who has had this issue should help if possible with even a contact number for BRP errors.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pacypatty:

Concerning this sir/ma, someone said years of studying are not counted towards ILR , if this is true as the main applicant or dependant what can be done to get ILR , then if no company is ready to sponsor what also can be done. Thanks

5 years work visa = ILR (student visa is not a work visa so not included, PSW Not included as well )

10 years legally in UK = ILR (time spent as a student will count and so will PSW )

If no company is ready to sponsor, then some people stay on student visa and see how they can drag studying for 10 years. Not a cheap options sha because school fees money is not beans but its how some people have gotten ILR especially those who start from A level or first degree

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
ufeedoh:
Good evening everyone, I need advice and help from anyone who has gone through this.
Our visa came out February and I saw no work, no business on my dependant visa. We traveled to the uk and picked up the Brp on the 14th and he still got the no work, no business. I immediately filled the form online and was emailed that it will take 20 days . Till now we haven’t heard anything
Please anyone who has had this issue should help if possible with even a contact number for BRP errors.

UKVI is charging a lot of money from migrants yet since covid control their quality control has gotten so bad.... you keep seeing cases of errors on the visa and brp.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
BorisJohnson:

When you track this does it say its in DMC or VAC?.... also has someone gone to Tsl to check directly .. definitely stroll to their office
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ukliving: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
icon8:

Thank you cry

My other half is equally as confused as I am but we will pray and decide eventually.
Thank you again
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ramafama: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Specialtee:
Hello everyone. Please does anyone know if you are allowed to bring in your mobile phone, wallet and keys to the US embassy in London?

I don't have a car and I'm wondering where to keep all these items if it is like their embassy in Nigeria.

Thanks.

All you mentioned are allowed but laptops and large bags are not

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
ufeedoh:

Hi, when you said “Our Visa” is that for more than one applicant? And what sort of visa was your sponsor holding? Is he or she on a student visa? British citizen? Work visa? ILR?

Does your visa also says you cannot claim public funds? Did you pay for the IHS as part of your application? I think your answers to these questions would determined why you have “No work or business” annotated on your BRP.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
BorisJohnson:

You need to go to TLS directly, there is no point waiting or tracking because their tracking system is never updated until AFTER you have turned up, collected your passport THEN they would update their tracker to say you have picked up your passport. Am telling you now, that your passport is waiting there gathering dust.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ufeedoh: 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ray7878:

Hi, when you said “Our Visa” is that for more than one applicant? And what sort of visa was your sponsor holding? Is he or she on a student visa? British citizen? Work visa? ILR?

Does your visa also says you cannot claim public funds? Did you pay for the IHS as part of your application? I think your answers to these questions would determined why you have “No work or business” annotated on your BRP.
mine student visa, my spouse dependant visa
We both paid IHS too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by boghetto: 11:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
wongwe:

Get in touch with these contacts

Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 11:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
ufeedoh:

mine student visa, my spouse dependant visa
We both paid IHS too

So then it is an error from UKVI, you are definitely entitled to work full time. You usually have to report it and they would tell you “20 working days” but in most cases they take longer than 20 working days to correct it, it is a frequent issue with a lot of student visas/Tier 4 visas in regards to dependent, but am glad you have reported it right away. That means they wouldn’t charge you for another BRP fee.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ufeedoh: 11:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ray7878:

So then it is an error from UKVI, you are definitely entitled to work full time. You usually have to report it and they would tell you “20 working days” but in most cases they take longer than 20 working days to correct it, it is a frequent issue with a lot of student visas/Tier 4 visas in regards to dependent, but am glad you have reported it right away. That means they wouldn’t charge you for another BRP fee.
It’s been more than 20 working days and haven’t heard from them. Dependant can’t work with that on the Brp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
ufeedoh:

You would probably receive your new BRP before the end of this week, they would ask you to cut up the previous one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
ufeedoh:

It’s been more than 20 working days and haven’t heard from them. Dependant can’t work with that on the Brp

When exactly was it 20th working days?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
ufeedoh:

And to clarify on your and dependent Vignette is the “No work or business” annotated on it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ufeedoh: 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ray7878:

And to clarify on your and dependent Vignette is the “No work or business” annotated on it?
Dependant Visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ufeedoh: 11:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ray7878:

When exactly was it 20th working days?
14/03/2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.