Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176463 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
Preshyi:
I am the main applicant and it's a student Visa. I am exempt and thought my husband was too.

Yes International dependent are exempt... reach back to the council

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by samadajet833(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good afternoon
I'm applying to Glasgow Caledonian university, the tuition fee is 13,500pounds but I can pay it instalments by spreading it for 8 months, but the first fee to be paid is 3,500pounds.
My question is are there jobs I could do 20hours per week and in order to pay off the 10k debt within 8 months in Glasgow
Please reply me

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
Preshyi:
This is more complicated than I thought o. Council tax no dey our budget

What of tv licence? That one sef dey o cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
(I think) only if the dependant immigration permission says no work no business

LagosismyHome:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
Lol, who TV help? We no watch anything o.
icon8:

What of tv licence? That one sef dey o cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
This is what I want to hear now. How do I prove my point please?
LagosismyHome:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Preshyi:
This is what I want to hear now. How do I prove my point please?

Your school should have an international student office . This is their job to support you as international student who have "no recourse to public funds" shouldn't pay council tax

Some council staff no know their work, mainly because maybe they haven't dealt with international student spouses. Check with your school to provide you with evidence of the law

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
Preshyi:

You sure? Not even live streaming on your phone, tablet or laptop? E get why o cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Keralis: 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello all, kindly recommend good universities close to Redbridge SE (have a guardian here) for an irish national who just finished high school in Naija. Any other good option outside the Redbridge area will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
samadajet833:
Good afternoon
I'm applying to Glasgow Caledonian university, the tuition fee is 13,500pounds but I can pay it instalments by spreading it for 8 months, but the first fee to be paid is 3,500pounds.
My question is are there jobs I could do 20hours per week and in order to pay off the 10k debt within 8 months in Glasgow
Please reply me

No.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
samadajet833:
Good afternoon
Please reply me

https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4/294

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
They said the council peeps will know better, I will have to follow up.
LagosismyHome:

Your school should have an international student office . This is their job to support you as international student who have "no recourse to public funds" shouldn't pay council tax

Some council staff no know their work, mainly because maybe they haven't dealt with international student spouses. Check with your school to provide you with evidence of the law
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 9:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Make person chop first.
icon8:

You sure? Not even live streaming on your phone, tablet or laptop? E get why o cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
LagosismyHome:

You either get money from employee or statutory pay.....so never both, instead one or the other and when the employer one stops then you roll into the statutoryone .

The statutory pay is sadly very small so u have to plan accordingly. ... different companies have different policies. I seen some companies pay you 90%of your salary for 6 months, some can even pay up to 9 months self... however some pay only 6 weeks for maternity

So check with the company. Hopefully yours pay for 6 months but you have a lot of only 6 weeks (especially small companies) . So when they stop your SMP starts which is that small amount per week

Thank you so much, I'm clear now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jayifeanyi1234: 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good evening All,

Please can someone outside the UK apply ?

Thank you

quote author=claremont post=106195859]Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

Look beyond those headline figures and ask yourself why there is a shortage of people willing to do these jobs.[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
Yeah, you are right. I wanted to write 10 months before your due date.
Ticha:

6 months rather than 10. It's 26 weeks = half of 52 weeks. Employers have to be notified by 24 weeks. Same as HMRC is you're self employed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jayifeanyi1234: 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good evening Everyone.

Thanks for all the questions and answers. Have read some pages, and have learnt a lot.

Please I have some questions; Is it true that if you do PHD you do not need your job to be sponsored by an employer?
What are the advantages of doing a PHD over MSC, if any, as regards having you Indefinite stay.

Pls, my experienced Oga’s/Madams, make una assist .
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by londonerr: 2:32am On Oct 02, 2021
Mimzyy:
Really? Why?

For false accusations. I don't think it's something we'll like to discuss online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2021
Lmao, you must be a joker. Are we even acquainted off Nl What a way to start my morning. Why are you using multiple monikers anyway? Anyway that’s your cup of tea. Abeg carry your drama comot make I see road.

londonerr:

For false accusations. I don't think it's something we'll like to discuss online.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2021
Ohhh. Thanks for the update.

girlsupersonic:
Update on my passport application.
So i registered in April and made payment in May. I decided to go to the high commission yesterday just to ask questions and I was attended to. Thank God. The whole process was less than 30 mins.
The man at the gate was very nice. 20 pounds postal order and a delivery envelope was what i got. Though one other guy started shouting that i paid in may and theyre still attending to April. Saying i should get a 120pounds postal order insted. His oga's word trumped his own sha and they allowed me in for biometrics and all.

Fast track is officially suspended but it is still on for 120pounds postal order. Only with a caveat that youll sign some undertaken, cant remember what it was.
Officially free from passport wahala wheew thank God!

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by londonerr: 7:53am On Oct 02, 2021
Mimzyy:
Lmao, you must be a joker. Are we even acquainted off Nl What a way to start my morning. Why are you using multiple monikers anyway? Anyway that’s your cup o.f tea. Abeg carry your drama comot make I see road.

Aramide you gravely offended me. I'll leave you to it. It won't cost you a thing to pick up your phone to make amends....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2021
londonerr:

Aramide you gravely offended me. I'll leave you to it. It won't cost you a thing to pick up your phone to make amends....

In Kwam1’s voice, “Aramide mi, Shekina Elegushi ooooh...” grin cheesy grin wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TrumpsWall: 8:14am On Oct 02, 2021
It wouldn't have cost you anything either by picking up your phone and send an SMS rather than immaturely coming on a public forum 'sighs'

londonerr:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Good evening All,

Please can someone outside the UK apply ?

Thank you

quote author=claremont post=106195859]Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

Look beyond those headline figures and ask yourself why there is a shortage of people willing to do these jobs.

The whole point of these short-term visas is that they are supposed to be for people outside the UK.
The visas havent gone live yet (this week, they say), so no-one can yet say how they'll work, but usually such recruitment (agricultural workers and those categories) is done through agencies.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by londonerr: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2021
TrumpsWall:
It wouldn't have cost you anything either by picking up your phone and send an SMS rather than immaturely coming on. a public forum 'sighs'

Please stay out of this.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:00am On Oct 02, 2021
Preshyi:

Go back to part one of this thread and read the extensive discussion about the TV licence and when one is needed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2021
TrumpsWall:
It wouldn't have cost you anything either by picking up your phone and send an SMS rather than immaturely coming on a public forum 'sighs'

Are you assuming Aramide has not blocked Londoner on every other channel? Perhaps this is the last resort? Just saying...but like Londoner has requested, we should stay out of the matter but I guess we can spice it up with some “ajasa” tongue wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2021
samadajet833:
Good afternoon
Please reply me

No
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2021
@icon8 I didn't see any tsunami, where this aramide issue begin.... me need gist to spice up the weekend, work don weak me. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by contra(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2021
contra:
Anyone need Naira? Please send a DM.

Still open please. Thank you. Thanks to lexus, omopapa and TuniLove that cane through.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

icon8:

In Kwam1’s voice, “Aramide mi, Shekina Elegushi ooooh...” grin cheesy grin wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 10:16am On Oct 02, 2021
Abi o. I don’t even know who he is off NL ffs.

TrumpsWall:

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.