Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,011 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1178006 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
steadyMoving22:

Big bros, what's black market as it relates to this case, I just won learn tho ..

Employment on the black market, simply means your employment status is not legally documented, it affords you no employment rights and can subject you to employment abuse...........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Employment on the black market, simply means your employment status is not legally documented, it affords you no employment rights and can subject you to employment abuse...........

Cam we call it payment by hand, hand to hand ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
steadyMoving22:

Cam we call it payment by hand, hand to hand ?

Cash in hand........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SPDAZZY(f): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
Irenenwaka:
Hi guys @currency exchangers( if theres a word like that lol)…please what is rate today? I need naira. Kindly send a dm please or quote me

Gotten? I have naira, need pounds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
How much do you need. Come let’s deal tonight as e dey hot
SPDAZZY:

Gotten? I have naira, need pounds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2022
Do you want the bitter truth or sugar coated lies. It doesn’t have prospect in the uk especially for someone that needs sponsorship, on the other hand, no knowledge is waste and they might be lucky
ultrazone:
Bro, what is your view about the HR profession in the UK? My spouse is going for her master's in HRM at RGU, and I plan to accompany her as a dependent. Do you have any tips? Should we consider another city or course?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
Pepper don rest, no win no fee lawyers will jump on this easily. If the mistake happened from the lab, someone’s license is at risk
gratefulme40:
What shall we do with/about a wrong test result from GP?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
omopapa:
Pepper don rest, no win no fee lawyers will jump on this easily. If the mistake happened from the lab, someone’s license is at risk

Someone was given a positive STi result by the GP and referred to sexual health clinic

Gets there and says she just can’t figure out how that was possible. Been married for some years and haven’t been anywhere, fairly certain Oga wasn’t playing away match. Requested for repeat test. Well, result from sexual health came back negative for all STis

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Walepro: 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
omopapa:
Do you want the bitter truth or sugar coated lies. It doesn’t have prospect in the uk especially for someone that needs sponsorship, on the other hand, no knowledge is waste and they might be lucky
The course right
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
gratefulme40:

Someone was given a positive STi result by the GP and referred to sexual health clinic

Gets there and says she just can’t figure out how that was possible. Been married for some years and haven’t been anywhere, fairly certain Oga wasn’t playing away match. Requested for repeat test. Well, result from sexual health came back negative for all STis

Let her book therapy sessions

Let them live separately

Let them form fight etc

Let her stop working

Let her get sick note for feeling down

Etc
Etc

I am not a financial advisor. Take it with a grain of salt
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ucystan(f): 1:37am On Apr 15, 2022
umarwy:

Let them live separately

Let them form fight etc

Let her stop working

Etc
Etc

Oh boy!!! Why u wicked like this Hahahahaa

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ucystan(f): 1:38am On Apr 15, 2022
omopapa:

Please I also want the bitter truth about LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 2:36am On Apr 15, 2022
Please people, does any UK law permit me to withhold my rent till my house agent attends to what I want her to fix? I moved into the house in December but the back was not cleared of all the rubbish swept out during renovation. Broken bottles, broken tables etc and it's a heap. I called the attention of the agent to it and she promised to send her maintenance team to clear the place but she hasn't. Sometimes, I will call her she won't pick my call, send message she won't reply. I expressed my displeasure last month and asked for the landlord's number but she said I couldn't have it but she promised to send her team but till now I haven't seen anyone. My rent is due on Monday and a friend said I shouldn't pay her. Will that be permitted under the law? If not what can I do?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ultrazone(m): 2:40am On Apr 15, 2022
omopapa:

TheGuyFromHR:

@omobaba, thank you for stating it as it is. She has admissions to UK and Canadian schools, so we plan to go with one with greater prospects.
@TheGuyFromHR, can you please share your view too, bro?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 3:43am On Apr 15, 2022
babajeje123:
Please people, does any UK law permit me to withhold my rent till my house agent attends to what I want her to fix? I moved into the house in December but the back was not cleared of all the rubbish swept out during renovation. Broken bottles, broken tables etc and it's a heap. I called the attention of the agent to it and she promised to send her maintenance team to clear the place but she hasn't. Sometimes, I will call her she won't pick my call, send message she won't reply. I expressed my displeasure last month and asked for the landlord's number but she said I couldn't have it but she promised to send her team but till now I haven't seen anyone. My rent is due on Monday and a friend said I shouldn't pay her. Will that be permitted under the law? If not what can I do?

Stop calling start sending emails,

Copy the council, I believe in you right to rent paper work there is something about safe and healthy abode.

Keep mentioning that it's not safe for you and your family, you don't feel safe, kids aren't safe etc.

After 2- emails with said copy of council+mp you should have your back cleared

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 4:44am On Apr 15, 2022
ultrazone:

@omobaba, thank you for stating it as it is. She has admissions to UK and Canadian schools, so we plan to go with one with greater prospects.
@TheGuyFromHR, can you please share your view too, bro?
He has spoken about it in the past (you can probably Google his previous response) and like omobaba said, it’s not a great prospects. Most of the people in the role don’t even have BSc, it’s all about the years of UK experience and not the degree.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 4:49am On Apr 15, 2022
Chilexeve:
Good morning friends. Please I need advise. I got an offer for two courses from Swansea University:
1. MA Applied Criminal Justice and Criminology
1. MA Developmental and Therapeutic Play.

I'm ready to go for either of them, but I'm considering the job prospects after studies for both courses in Uk.

Please can someone tell me what the job prospects look like for both courses and also I need advise on the one to choose.

Thank you
First thing to do might be to Google the type of jobs you can do with these degrees. Then go to job sites like indeed, total jobs etc and check for these job requirements. You might realize that most of the jobs don’t need an MSc, but instead require previous experience and some other skills. So, what you will do is to choose one that currently aligns with your current experience/skills.
MSc doesn’t typically get you a job in the UK. A lot of UK citizens don’t even go to Uni. It’s the experience and skills you have that typically get people jobs. So an employer will pick a person with experience and skills over another person that has just an MSc.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ultrazone(m): 5:13am On Apr 15, 2022
tshoboy:

Much thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2022
BuildingProject:

How many months after arrival into the UK can someone approach a mortgage broker? Even if you have the deposit at hand

Are student allowed to purchase a property when you can't actually do business on your tier 4?

Please can someone help with an answer to this?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:59am On Apr 15, 2022
Newbie123:

Please can someone help with an answer to this?

Thanks

If you're paying cash, you can start conveyancing within 6 hours ..........

Let's assume you're not a cash buyer, and you have some deposit........

Example - Property sale price £100,000

Deposit at hand - £50,000

Funds available for other purchasing logistics - £10,000

That leaves you with £40,000 outstanding.......

During your financials calculations, you need to satisfy your lender, that you can afford the outstanding £40,000 + interests added, going forward.........

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 6:44am On Apr 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Thanks a lot boss

During your financials calculations, you need to satisfy your lender, that you can afford the outstanding £40,000 + interests added, going forward.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Futureukstudent: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2022
Hello great people, I need a band 5 nurse that can help me fill Florence app reference form. I will be so glad if anybody can help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IamE: 7:21am On Apr 15, 2022
Arrived
It's been a wk here since I left 9ja.
Thanks to all who contributed In one way or the other.
Big shout out to Lexusgs430.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:34am On Apr 15, 2022
umarwy:

Let them live separately

Let them form fight etc

Let her stop working

Etc
Etc

You would never win a case on emotions...... What's the value of the loss .. ....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:36am On Apr 15, 2022
IamE:
Arrived
It's been a wk here since I left 9ja.
Thanks to all who contributed In one way or the other.
Big shout out to Lexusgs430.

Welcome home ....... Summer is on now, enjoy the heat, till it switches on you ........... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2022
babajeje123:
If on facebook you can join the group: The Tenants voice group and post this; you will get immense advice

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2022
giselle237:
If on facebook you can join the group: The Tenants voice group and post this; you will get immense advice
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2022
When means in place, #Intent, #motive inter-alia 'financial freedom'
Just saying ni o. Not to be chewed on.

umarwy:

Let her book therapy sessions [insert: PTSD]
Let them live separately
Let them form fight etc
Let her stop working
Etc
Etc

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2022
babajeje123:

Never withhold rent, or you loss your rights, when it gets to litigation .......

Send your agent/landlord a warning letter, before action. ........

In that letter, you clearly state your grievances and their lackadaisical attitude ........ And you would have to engage the services of a third party provider and you would send them the bill ...........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2022
Documentary evidence are critical in moments like this ... emails (2 or 5), photos (calculated side shots), video shots with voice (well intentioned side shots). All well backed up to cloud

Well, there're other options (in addition to above), get 'em removed (reputable/verifiable firms), then sue (civil claim). PS: if it turns south, be ready to drain all your reserves!
By the way, umarwy PTSD might come in handy cheesy shocked cheesy
[Kindly read inbtw the lines. #advice]

babajeje123:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IamE: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2022
Home?
home is abule o
Lexusgs430:

Welcome home ....... Summer is on now, enjoy the heat, till it switches on you ........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

This answer still no clear, how do you proof you have the outstanding £40,000 with interest, Are you going to present your Nigerian bank statement cause uk go ask for source of funds and start raising dust bearing in mind that you just got in less than 6 month. Plus £50,000 upfront shocked :. Ó lọ far

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.