Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177729 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:10am On Apr 15, 2022
IamE:
Home?
home is abule o

Home is whichever country, you spend more than 180 day's a year ............... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by RAD01: 9:33am On Apr 15, 2022
Hi Susom, I will like to discuss further with you on this pleas. I have sent you email too. Thanks. [quote author=Susom post=111896094]This post is just to say thank you to everyone that come here to give advice, share information and basically render support when required. In January a couple of you guys started discussing about ho

The hustle to find a house within my affordability was another thing, houses don’t even last on the market ( single applicant with two kids, husband in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2022
Just to give update:

I applied for my provisional licence 4 weeks ago with my BRP sent along, everything came in this week. Got the licence 2 days earlier and my BRP arrived this morning. Please note that I sent the request using their address but I added a priority mail sticker.

Note: You dont have to spend 6month in the UK before applying for this. If you want it, apply for it. Cheers

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2022
umarwy:

Let her book therapy sessions

Let them live separately

Let them form fight etc

Let her stop working

Let her get sick note for feeling down

Etc
Etc

I am not a financial advisor. Take it with a grain of salt

See how person wan take blow for this country ooo

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
gratefulme40:

See how person wan take blow for this country ooo
grin grin cheesy Nawa oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hanzzyyy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hello, is it necessary to upload Employment Letter as Partner Dependant? By the way what does this Employment Letter mean?
Is it a compulsory requirement? as I don't think so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2022
hmmm this matter ehn, somebody is definitely negligent
gratefulme40:

Someone was given a positive STi result by the GP and referred to sexual health clinic

Gets there and says she just can’t figure out how that was possible. Been married for some years and haven’t been anywhere, fairly certain Oga wasn’t playing away match. Requested for repeat test. Well, result from sexual health came back negative for all STis
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2022
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
HR
Business Admin
Marketing

All belong to the same whatsapp grp, their admin is in bold
ucystan:

Please I also want the bitter truth about LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Trajan(m): 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Send a Dm please let me see if I can help
Please, I need naira asap.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BouharryArtikou: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
gratefulme40:

Someone was given a positive STi result by the GP and referred to sexual health clinic

Gets there and says she just can’t figure out how that was possible. Been married for some years and haven’t been anywhere, fairly certain Oga wasn’t playing away match. Requested for repeat test. Well, result from sexual health came back negative for all STis

I would think carefully…
There is no such thing given by the Lab (or GP) as STI-positive.

The lab (GP) result will clearly state what is the causal organism. Infact the labs may state the method and or equipment used to arrive at that result.

Additionally, it doesn’t take someone’s husband to play away match to get a UTI - a UTI can be an STI.

Finally, the You said the person is ‘fairly certain’ Oga has not played at Old Trafford. That leaves the slight possibility that Oga may have played in a Sunday league team.
….. I would be cautious in going down the legal route. I would demand explanation from the GP. I would make sure I clearly get a ‘sorry we made a mistake’ or at least I get a non-reasonable explanation before I sue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2022
[b][/b]
gratefulme40:
Sadly the Oga of the house has carried face up since the day madam told him GP said she tested positive for bla bla STi
She hasn’t contacted the GP yet to ask for explanation/apology
I don’t think she wants to take it up legally but just wondering assuming she was to take it up legally
oga is carrying face as as what??
So you can fairly be certain he has not played away match but he can not be fairly certain in your case and is carrying face?? Ikanbe!
Anyway GP will not manufacture test results/report.. whatever he or she received as result from the lab is what will most likely be communicated to you.
Do reach out to him/her as soon as you can for explanation etc

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blurpy: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hmmt
omopapa:
Do you want the bitter truth or sugar coated lies. It doesn’t have prospect in the uk especially for someone that needs sponsorship, on the other hand, no knowledge is waste and they might be lucky
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ahappygirl: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
I apologise for taking us back but this is too beautiful not to comment on. I smiled all through reading this.

May you and your family continue to know only joy and laughter #lovenwantiti#�

Lexusgs430:
My wife was studying at Kadpoly at that time, she stayed with her Uncle off campus........

I was accused of all sorts, kidnapping, getting her pregnant etc etc etc

Kaduna is a small town, our secret marriage was a major scandal within the Yoruba community, my oga was also accused of all sorts .......

Her parents stayed in Ibadan, the news spread like wildfire...... Considering the fact that prior to this secret marriage, I had never spoken to my in-laws, nor meet them.......

I had to call my in-laws, apologized to them, clearly stated my position/intentions and why we had to conduct the marriage etc etc ......

Silver jubilee is around the corner...... I have never reported her to parents, they have never intervened in our union, likewise my wife ...... We are buddies, just like biological siblings...... People might deem it an exaggeration, but we have never had an argument or raised voices....... We might have one in the future, which I seriously doubt ........

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by salau23: 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
omopapa:
HR
Business Admin
Marketing

Bitter truth as how ? I don’t understand you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2022
omopapa:
HR
Business Admin
Marketing

shocked

Entered the Supply Chain Management class some weeks back and oh boy, them go reach 100

More than 99% were Indian guys, saw only 3/4 Nigerians there
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2022
salau23:

Bitter truth as how ? I don’t understand you

Not much sponsorship prospects after study

Think that's what he means smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bola01234: 4:16am On Apr 16, 2022
fabulous2019:
It is so funny when people stay in Nigeria and argue about UK, I was in Nigeria for over 35 years with my own business,I tell u my brother,I was robbed in one of my office branche which almost cost me my life, I had to close that branch, imagine after graduating no jobs and after suffering to open my business, my own fellow blacks came with gun to rob me of my sweat, I close very early from my office for fear of robbing me or kidnapping me, which affected my business tremendously, I had car to run bolt, but fear of thieves I could not make good money from bolt,
What do you call racist,when in your own country Nigeria without being an hausa or ibo or yoruba I can't get jobs in a good company, I entered Uk in less than one month now and see the beauty of life, constant light, water, good transport system, health system and enough jobs.
The only issue in uk is the harsh weather which is far better than the unrest of mind in Nigeria,I have had enough interviews for work, you get many daily work which you can use to pay your accomodation, feed well, buy nice clothes, send money back to your siblings and still save money,
For those of you that just came looking for work there are many online recruiting firms like indeed, indeedflex to get daily manual jobs where you get about 9pounds per hour, i
If anyone in Uk needs to register just inbox me and I send you my referral code so I fit still add to my money jade
Also for every job arrange your CV to the taste of job you applying
Also when you enter UK find Nigeria that have been there for long, experience is the best teacher

Hello sir
I love this your write up
I just got an offer to study in the same university .
After all the issue of test of English i was told to paid fees to get Cas..
where you given unconditional offer because i cant see anything like that and I would like to ask u one or two things privatley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:14am On Apr 16, 2022
Ahappygirl:
I apologise for taking us back but this is too beautiful not to comment on. I smiled all through reading this.

May you and your family continue to know only joy and laughter #lovenwantiti#�

When I look back at my friend's marriages and about 60% of them are divorced......... When we chat, they always tell me my marriage was the least expected to stand, considering all the circumstances involved.......

Marriage is indeed a mixture of luck & gamble........ cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 6:46am On Apr 16, 2022
Good to be here!
A great weekend to all

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ixodes(m): 7:01am On Apr 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

When I look back at my friend's marriages and about 60% of them are divorced......... When we chat, they always tell me my marriage was the least expected to stand, considering all the circumstances involved.......

Marriage is indeed a mixture of luck & gamble.
....... cheesy
I do not agree completely with the bolded...you married a woman from a good home who simply replicated same and you are a good man yourself simple. correct me if am wrong. you want to get married look at the parents of your partner what you see is what you get.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:05am On Apr 16, 2022
Ixodes:

I do not agree completely with the bolded...you married a woman from a good home who simply replicated same and you are a good man yourself simple. correct me if am wrong. you want to get married look at the parents of your partner what you see is what you get.

Not completely true...

Both husband and wife decide to make marriage work deliberately....

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:08am On Apr 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Marriage is indeed a mixture of luck & gamble........ cheesy

It's because both of you decided to make it work daily...

Been married for upto a decade now and we decided to make it work and it's been working for us blissfully by the grace of God

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:09am On Apr 16, 2022
Ixodes:

My in-laws are still happily together, but my parents are not really together (in the true sense of the word)........

Should my wife have used this parameter to Judge, going by your principles........ She would have not even looked at me twice ............

So I say again...... It's a mixture of luck & gamble....... smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

My in-laws are still happily together, but my parents are not really together (in the true sense of the word)........

Should my wife have used this parameter to Judge, going by your principles........ She would have not even looked at me twice ............

So I say again...... It's a mixture of luck & gamble....... smiley

No luck or gamble oga Lexusgs430...its your daily cautious decision to make your marriage work

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:13am On Apr 16, 2022
ukay2:

Not completely true...

Both husband and wife decide to make marriage work deliberately....

Both people involved, have to be delibrate and intentional.... Towards making their union work, nobody is the boss or the slave, they are joint CEO's of equal standing, in this consortium of marriage, working together, ensuring their going concern, is indeed, going in the right direction ........ cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:14am On Apr 16, 2022
ukay2:

No luck or gamble oga Lexusgs430...its your daily cautious decision to make your marriage work

That is indeed, the aspect of luck and gamble........

I might want it to work, but she got no such plans..... Can 2 work together, pulling in different directions.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:18am On Apr 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Both people involved, have to be delibrate and intentional.... Towards making their union work, nobody is the boss or the slave, they are joint CEO's of equal standing, in this consortium of marriage, working together, ensuring their going concern, is indeed, going in the right direction ........ cheesy

Exactly � Boss

If both partners don't see it as obligations to make it work, it will surely crumble within their own eyes.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:21am On Apr 16, 2022
ukay2:

Exactly � Boss

If both partners don't see it as obligations to make it work, it will surely crumble within their own eyes.

So it clearly means, no recipe for a perfect union........

I still insist on luck & gamble......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:28am On Apr 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

So it clearly means, no recipe for a perfect union........

I still insist on luck & gamble......... grin

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 7:43am On Apr 16, 2022
hustla:

Not much sponsorship prospects after study

Think that's what he means smiley

While there may not be much prospects in those listed fields, anything can still happen.

I personally know someone who is a dependent of her husband on student visa that recently got sponsored as a Human Resources Officer, despite having few years experience no masters degree and professional certification in progress. She was able to secure the role with the company being that she was in the UK.
Apparently the company was short staffed in that department and I even tried to recommend a friend's wife to apply from Nigeria but she wasn't selected because she was not in the country (something that borders on not qualified/eligible for relocation expenses). Meanwhile someone else who just arrived on dependant visa of her husband was selected for that same role (that someone from Nigeria was denied of) and is in progress of the interviews.

All in all, prospects may be slim, hopefully the individuals can break barriers when they get selected for a role in their respective fields.

Boss I am not disputing your take like that o, just throwing a different view. I am still fasting lol.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.