Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179847 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Susom:
This post is just to say thank you to everyone that come here to give advice, share information and basically render support when required. In January a couple of you guys started discussing about how to get a property , that was when it occurred to me that have been dashing landlord money for too long oh.

Shout out to my girl @Mimzyy❤️. Thanks for always cheering.

Congratulations!!! I tap into your blessing. Please I need a dancing emoji
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by StoneColdxx(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

May I recommend Google Slate.......... You would love it.......

Check eBay ........

I've seen a product I want off eBay but please how do I get it down here?
Any recommendations please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-visit-ireland/how-to-apply-for-a-short-stay-c-visit-tourist-visa/

OR Back door from NI to IE grin tongue

STENON:
Hi Everyone. I am tired of searching the Internet.
Please I need information on travelling to Republic of Ireland for tourism with UK spousal visa, Do I need to apply for ireland tourist visa ?
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
Bourne007:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-visit-ireland/how-to-apply-for-a-short-stay-c-visit-tourist-visa/

OR Back door from NI to IE grin tongue

Oh Why only me embarassed embarassed !!! I would need a visa from what I just read. My Husband and Baby are free to enter Ireland without irish visa except me.
Thanks alot for sharing the link with me Bros.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations........

RENT MONEY IS DEAD MONEY ........

Have a financial plan, work towards that plan (strictly), in no time .......... You would be exchanging contracts.......

If you are on this thread, and still renting, with no plans to buy your own property.........

Just go and be reading ashawo thread. .......... grin

How many months after arrival into the UK can someone approach a mortgage broker? Even if you have the deposit at hand

Are student allowed to purchase a property when you can't actually do business on your tier 4?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
Leamington:

Oboy pray they didn't report you for scam else police still dy come o.

Lloyds told me my account was reported for investment fr**d and that I have too much in flow within a short period so therefore, they're closing down the account. I went there in person to ask for my money and I was told am going to receive a letter by post, say from there we go know the next step.

The funny thing is the name of the person who claimed scam is a staff of allianz insurance from LinkedIn search.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayowolebami(f): 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Finally caught up! Missing a few days on this thread feels like missing deadline sometimes sad

Who has seen this update on happenings in the FinTech industry from this part of the planet cheesy

https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/flutterwave-the-african-unicorn-built/comments
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ayowolebami:
Finally caught up! Missing a few days on this thread feels like missing deadline sometimes sad

Who has seen this update on happenings in the FinTech industry from this part of the planet cheesy

https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/flutterwave-the-african-unicorn-built/comments

I have just read this article by David hundeyin.. There is no way that Gbenga Agboola is not going to prison and the sadly the company might go down

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

I have just read this article by David hundeyin.. There is no way that Gbenga Agboola is not going to prison and the sadly the company might go down

I doubt if he’ll go to prison. Sanction and be forced to step is down is more likely. Flutter wave I hope survives it as well. They have innocent staff that earn from there.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Mamatukwas:

I doubt if he’ll go to prison. Sanction and be forced to step is down is more likely. Flutter wave I hope survives it as well. They have innocent staff that earn from there.

The company was built on fraud.. He also lied under oath. If it was registered in Nigeria, I would say nothing will happen. He would be extremely lucky to avoid a jail term

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ayowolebami:

I have

LOL Plenty gbas gbos since yesterday

They have done a lot of terrible things lowkey

It will probably be swept under the carpet unless their investors start to pull out
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
BuildingProject:

Lloyds told me my account was reported for investment fr**d and that I have too much in flow within a short period so therefore, they're closing down the account. I went there in person to ask for my money and I was told am going to receive a letter by post, say from there we go know the next step.

The funny thing is the name of the person who claimed scam is a staff of allianz insurance from LinkedIn search.

After their investigation is concluded, you would receive a letter officially closing your account and a closing balance cheque .........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by moauk: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hello gurus and ancestors, I’m coming to the UK hopefully next month to join family. I hold a CCNA certification. Anybody knows about the availability of jobs for network engineers? Are there any network engineers here too please? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hwy9: 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
akanniade10:
Hi guys, I have been assigned a 3 year CoS and my employer agreed to certify my maintenance so i don’t have to use my bank statement when applying for visa.

I am not sounding greedy but is it right as there were no prior discussion regarding this, I was only told after my CoS was assigned.

It isn't a new development. A number of companies do same and deduct from your salary monthly. Were you given a separate letter/contract to sign for the loan?
Whatever you ain't happy with, you may discuss with your recruiter in a subtle way.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

The company was built on fraud.. He also lied under oath. If it was registered in Nigeria, I would say nothing will happen. He would be extremely lucky to avoid a jail term

The financial empire in Nigeria is built on exploitation basically one way or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
moauk:
Hello gurus and ancestors, I’m coming to the UK hopefully next month to join family. I hold a CCNA certification. Anybody knows about the availability of jobs for network engineers? Are there any network engineers here too please? Thanks

My best pal is a network engineer, send me a DM, so I connect you guys .. .......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
LagosismyHome:

What type of job is this ?.... morally employer suppose to cover all cost , at the minimum you should have been told before cos.

However the streets are not playing . Home offices charges are so much that employers are coming up with all manner of tricks to cover the cost. Some are putting in the contract that you pay xx amount if you leave before.
Morally ke? Even the NHS does not cover IHS outside of the house health and care categories
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kaylov12: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
LagosismyHome:

What type of job is this ?.... morally employer suppose to cover all cost , at the minimum you should have been told before cos.

However the streets are not playing . Home offices charges are so much that employers are coming up with all manner of tricks to cover the cost. Some are putting in the contract that you pay xx amount if you leave before.

I believe having an employer cover you IHS/VISA cost is a plus, It is not their responsibility.
Since OP didn't inquire before been issued the CoS, it's noone's blame.
I will advise that you accept the option given as it takes away the pressure of having to cough out the fee wholesome.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Let me play devil’s advocate here

The only way to track you earnings is via NI, your income from gigs don’t reflect on ur NI, ur moniker on upwork and Fiverr will most likely not be your official name and even if it does, there are a million John Pauls out there.

Do with that information what you may

avalon7:
HELP! I just read on the uk immigration site that Freelancing is not allowed for people with a student visa (tier 4). Please does anyone know if they enforce this and how? I have fairly successful gigs on Upwork and fiverr and I'm curious as to if this would count as self-employment/freelancing and what will happen if I'm discovered to be earning money on these platforms while studying? THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
omopapa:
Let me play devil’s advocate here

The only way to track you earnings is via NI, your income from gigs don’t reflect on ur NI, ur moniker on upwork and Fiverr will most likely not be your official name and even if it does, there are a million John Pauls out there.

Do with that information what you may

I was going to say the same ... ....... No be all mouth, we suppose use talk .........

If Rishi thinks it was morally right, to allow his wife dodge tax and be a British MP, whilst holding a green card.......

Do with this also, what you may ......... grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
Oya UK asylum seekers, kuku ma buy ticket to Rwanda instead because Britiain will now ship them there. I don't think it is right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I was going to say the same ... ....... No be all mouth, we suppose use talk .........

If Rishi thinks it was morally right, to allow his wife dodge tax and be a British MP, whilst holding a green card.......

Do with this also, what you may ......... grin

This was BJ gats to go. ..... if the law makers are not keeping to the rules of the and why will the little people keep to the rules.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tobexin(m): 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
STENON:
Oh Why only me embarassed embarassed !!! I would need a visa from what I just read. My Husband and Baby are free to enter Ireland without irish visa except me.
Thanks alot for sharing the link with me Bros.
if you can enter through Belfast you don’t need Visa. Just take a bus from Belfast to Dublin and you are fine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
LagosismyHome:

This was BJ gats to go. ..... if the law makers are not keeping to the rules of the and why will the little people keep to the rules.

The little people, like leprechauns......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
dustydee:
Oya UK asylum seekers, kuku ma buy ticket to Rwanda instead because Britiain will now ship them there. I don't think it is right.

They're copying from Australia's playbook. At least Rwanda has land borders and asylum seekers will most likely be able to leave. Christmas Island, Manus and Nauru where the Australians send their asylum seekers are all tiny islands with no way out unless the government lets you out. Unfortunately for the UK government, there are a lot of white knights that will likely scupper this plan. There'll probably be protests within the week
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
Tobexin:
if you can enter through Belfast you don’t need Visa. Just take a bus from Belfast to Dublin and you are fine.
oh..thank you ..I will try this method.
I just saw this online now but still confused
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/moving_to_ireland/coming_to_live_in_ireland/visa_requirements_for_entering_ireland.html

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DaveChapelle: 12:47am On Apr 14, 2022
@lexusgs430

How market Oga
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DaveChapelle: 12:47am On Apr 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The little people, like leprechauns......... cheesy
How market
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by akanniade10(m): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2022
LagosismyHome:

It’s a care worker job. Having read other people’s input, it’s like it’s a norm.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by akanniade10(m): 12:51am On Apr 14, 2022
Hwy9:

It isn't a new development. A number of companies do same and deduct from your salary monthly. Were you given a separate letter/contract to sign for the loan?
Whatever you ain't happy with, you may discuss with your recruiter in a subtle way.

Seem like it’s the norm. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:12am On Apr 14, 2022
DaveChapelle:

How market

Conventional market is doing well, volatile assets are performing better ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 1:13am On Apr 14, 2022
akanniade10:

It’s a care worker job. Having read other people’s input, it’s like it’s a norm.
it is not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.