Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,114 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:55 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1288770 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:11am On May 28, 2022
midasfx:

Good evening house,

I got this in the mail and was little confused as at no point did I contact or sign up for this service. Moreover, they claim to have setup a direct debit. My question now is, am I not expected to authorise or confirm a service before a DD can’t be setup on my bank account?

Anyone familiar with this please?

Is your name written anywhere on the letter ?

Perhaps the letter is meant to be delivered to the previous occupant. Did you recently moved in to the apartment?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 12:11pm On May 28, 2022
Thanks.

Will check them out.

rayralph:

Three sim only is around £15 unlimited everything
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 12:14pm On May 28, 2022
Happy Weekend!

Is there a UK version of Nairaland or something similar, a one-stop-shop public forum?

Just curious. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by midasfx(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2022
rayralph:

Is your name written anywhere on the letter ?

Perhaps the letter is meant to be delivered to the previous occupant. Did you recently moved in to the apartment?

My best guess YourMove letting agency. I was originally supposed to move into another apartment but the whole process fell through as I got a better accommodation.

Thinking back, it is likely that YourMove signed up for that service on my behalf even after I later didn’t go ahead with the apartment.

I’ve gone ahead to notify First2Protect and PremiumCredit.

Many thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:18pm On May 28, 2022
midasfx:

My best guess YourMove letting agency. I was originally supposed to move into another apartment but the whole process fell through as I got a better accommodation.

Thinking back, it is likely that YourMove signed up for that service on my behalf even after I later didn’t go ahead with the apartment.

I’ve gone ahead to notify First2Protect and PremiumCredit.

Many thanks.

What could yourmove have signed you up for (I wonder)......... Call for your credit file ...........

Small small, you go dey remember........... grin

Nah so blacklist dey take start, wey go carry CCJ for back ......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:38pm On May 28, 2022
Is anyone else having issues booking biometric appointments for Schengen Visa?

I’ve tried Netherland and Paris options for a few weeks now with no luck. Anyone know if this is a thing now?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jamesy212(m): 3:54pm On May 28, 2022
lightnlife:
Happy Weekend!

Is there a UK version of Nairaland or something similar, a one-stop-shop public forum?

Just curious. grin
Reddit
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:24pm On May 28, 2022
lightnlife:
Happy Weekend!

Just curious. grin

Quora.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:00pm On May 28, 2022
Hi those who recently travelled back to naija via BA. They asked us to upload green card. I have uploaded the naija green vaccine cards front and back page, as well as the document from naija travel portal, But BA is rejecting this.

How can we navigate this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 28, 2022
Mamatukwas:

I’ve tried Netherland and Paris options for a few weeks now with no luck. Anyone know if this is a thing now?
If you try it around 11pm or early morning. You'll be able to book.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 5:50pm On May 28, 2022
onecoder:

If you try it around 11pm or early morning. You'll be able to book.

Okay. I’ll try this. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Try Portuguese embassy, two yrs ago a family member had the same prob, we managed to get a date there, though we had to use Portugal as entry point before heading to our holiday destination
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 7:02pm On May 28, 2022
lightnlife:
Happy Weekend!

Just curious. grin

Here are some

Moneysavingexpert.com (the forum section)

Digital Spy Forum

The Shadeborough on Instagram. A bit immature, mostly young black Brits but still fun

The Student room uk ( mostly university students)
Mumsnet ( Dads are there too lol)

Quora & Reddit as some have mentioned have some good topics relating to uk life

10 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 7:17pm On May 28, 2022
How person fit take watch champions league final today?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:21pm On May 28, 2022
IPTV crew ....... It's on BT sport 1 ........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 28, 2022
Viruses:
How person fit take watch champions league final today?
BT sport's YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvsU48M4dpY

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:09pm On May 28, 2022
justwise:

Try Portuguese embassy, two yrs ago a family member had the same prob, we managed to get a date there, though we had to use Portugal as entry point before heading to our holiday destination

Whew. I hope it doesn’t come down to this. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 8:12pm On May 28, 2022
Biko, which app will I use to stream this championship league
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:18pm On May 28, 2022
onecoder:

BT sport's YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvsU48M4dpY
Thank you very very much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Missposh: 11:04pm On May 28, 2022
Please elders how can I go about this, I bought something on Facebook marketplace on cash on delivery basis. It arrived all wrapped up and I paid. As soon as the driver left, I noticed one of the order was not included. I asked for refund they said they don't do refund, bring back my item, they said until they have another order to dispatch in my area and till now they've not delivered it. Is there a way I can resolve this please? The guy is no longer responding on chat but I have the driver's number.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 12:18am On May 29, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Ahh no so we see am ohh.. i have been facing the same issue. For over two months now i have been trying to get appointment. I check at midnight , early in the morning but nothing.

Thankfully it is a business trip, so my company got involved and dropped the embassy an email after which vfs reached out to me in 24 hours to give me a manual appointment. The visa came out in 8 days and thankfully I was given about a year validity (multiple entry).
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:50am On May 29, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Spanish embassy will bring their biometric machine to your house with less than £500.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by specialenvoy: 1:31am On May 29, 2022
Thank you,

I will check them out
dustydee:

We did ours with these guys in Manchester

https://iq-online.net/book-uk/
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ProfJYK(m): 2:30am On May 29, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Hi those who recently travelled back to naija via BA. They asked us to upload green card. I have uploaded the naija green vaccine cards front and back page, as well as the document from naija travel portal, But BA is rejecting this.

How can we navigate this?

Try scan your barcode on the green card, then take a screenshot of the result page, save and upload preferably as pdf.

This worked for me.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by congressman101: 3:09am On May 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:
For us IPTV lovers, got a very good IPTV deal....... Still testing it.......

Under $30 per year + firestick not even required......

All channels open eyes like okpomiliki......... wink
Abeg I’m interested
Please drop
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:56am On May 29, 2022
ProfJYK:

Try scan your barcode on the green card, then take a screenshot of the result page, save and upload preferably as pdf.

This worked for me.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 7:36am On May 29, 2022
Really? That is surprising because I actually called the Council directly to inquire and they confirmed that a dependent would be exempted. Did you apply for exemption with all your documents proving that you are a dependent?

teeboi77:

I only got 25% discount from Birmingham city council as a dependent,despite all the dragging

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 7:59am On May 29, 2022
DrObum:

So, which part of your story shows him behaving like an Igbo man?
Or you carried stereotypes into Youukay?

Don't mind the human being. What has Igbo got to do here's? You use an experience with 1 person to classify a people group. Very shameful

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:18am On May 29, 2022
ProfJYK:

This worked for me.

Thanks again. Tried this now, and its sorted. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:
For us IPTV lovers, got a very good IPTV deal....... Still testing it.......

Under $30 per year + firestick not even required......

All channels open eyes like okpomiliki......... wink

Baba share the way, I no dey use eyes hear IPTV.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 8:40am On May 29, 2022
Mamatukwas:

I tried some weeks back and gave up. France, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, and a couple of others....
The appointments are there but are months out. I think the beginning of every week, a new week of available appointments open up, so if you are happy to wait like 2 months, you should be able to find something on Monday/Tuesdays I think.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (1007)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.