Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177061 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
mamatwiny:
Please I need urgent assistance.
I need an urgent loan of 2k pounds. Please where can I borrow?

Note I am a student and I do part time job but the person that helped me with money to complete my school fees needs his money back by month end. My agency is having issue and i am trying to sign on to other agencies.

www.lendable.co.uk

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
Bukad:
Oga Lexusgs430 I need 4300 pounds too to clear fees in school. Niaja form A is taking forever. Thanks

Send a WhatsApp message.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nellaluv(f): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
I saw this on twitter. UK folks with Canada on their mind. Register if interested.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

www.lendable.co.uk
Ah! From frying pan to fire. Mamatwiny abeg don't use this o. Try moneysaving expert or experian to see if you are eligible for any loan and then apply.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
dustydee:

Ah! From frying pan to fire. Mamatwiny abeg don't use this o. Try moneysaving expert or experian to see if you are eligible for any loan and then apply.

They have good rates ........ Or you're seeking 0% Apr ......... grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ayosco2008(m): 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hello.

Anyone here living in coventry? Looking to rent a 2 bed in coventry. Anyone with an agent link or know any vacant house will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mamatwiny(f): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

They have good rates ........ Or you're seeking 0% Apr ......... grin cheesy

Thank you. I don't mind the rate as long as it is available
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
mamatwiny:

Dustydee....... A bird in the hand, is better than 20 in the forest.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
mamatwiny:

Your credit file determines rates & availability.......... If accepted, funds get credited within 20 seconds...........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Dustydee....... A bird in the hand, is better than 20 in the forest.......... grin
The days of wonga lipsrsealed
My hand no dey.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by samint1: 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
For those that recently applied for Provisional driving licence, how long did it take to get it?.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
dustydee:

The days of wonga lipsrsealed
My hand no dey.

Lendable is not a shark loan provider, they can be equated to high street banks ..........

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/lendable.co.uk

4.9 reviews out of 5 ......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Lendable is not a shark loan provider, they can be equated to high street banks ..........

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/lendable.co.uk

4.9 reviews out of 5 ......... grin
ok, the interest I saw on the site was around 25% which far more than I can get from most lenders.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
dustydee:

ok, the interest I saw on the site was around 25% which far more than I can get from most lenders.

Your credit history, determines your rates...... Rates starts from 3%.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

25% na Italian mafia loan be that oh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bsharp: 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

How much £'s .........
£1600
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
kode12:

25% na Italian mafia loan be that oh

If you don abuse your credit file, the Italian mafia's are your only friend's .............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
Bsharp:

£1600

Send a WhatsApp message.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I got a few offers of 2.8% last month. Notably M&S bank.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
dustydee:

I got a fewvoffers of 2.8% last month. Notably M&S bank.

Interest rates gone up yesterday, so that 2.8%, would now be over 3%......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Grace321: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
One bedroom in a shared accommodation available in Liverpool. Kindly DM
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Interest rates gone up yesterday, so that 2.8%, would now be over 3%......... cheesy
Oh yes, I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. No more cheap money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dduchess90(f): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hello,

Could you kindly post this on the student/study visa thread as well.it might be useful for students coming in

Cheers
Grace321:
One bedroom in a shared accommodation available in Liverpool. Kindly DM
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
dustydee:

Oh yes, I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. No more cheap money.

Everything is gone up...... Those on fixed term deals, are now smiling (well, till deal is over)........ grin

Or things gets better, dropping rates .......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
If you're renting, read new white paper....... Tenants have better protection now ......

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-deal-for-private-renters-published-today

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 12:38am On Jun 18, 2022
specialenvoy:
Did you use a direct airline like BA or Virgin or airlines like Turkey, Qatar etc?

Direct flight.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tawak: 2:20am On Jun 18, 2022
Ticha:
Oh and always set some money aside for a rainy fund. You own a house and all the responsibility is yours. Boiler breaks down? You need funds for that. Fence blows over in the storm? You pay. Toilet blocks? You pay. Basically learn to do minor house repairs on your. Painting, tiling, cleaning gutters, hanging and removing wall papers etc are all skills I have learnt from owning our own home.

Solicitor fees is usually between £300 and £600 ish

Most brokers are free to you - they get commission from the bank.

Stamp duty is payable on properties above £125k so budget for that as well - https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/residential-property-rates.

If you buy a flat or apartment, you will also pay a service charge and/or lease charge plus ground rent. For any apartments, your solicitor should check how much the sinking fund is, when major repairs were last undertaken (imagine moving in and being stung for a roof replacement!) etc. Check the length of the lease. If shorter than 110 years, abandon ship!

I'll add more as I remember.

What about this relief? https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 3:03am On Jun 18, 2022
Tawak:

What about this relief? https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax

The stamp duty relief ended in 2021. Standard rates of stamp duty have been re-instated so you'll pay stamp duty on a purchase price above 125k as long as you declare that you do not own any other property anywhere else in the world
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 18, 2022
claremont:

We are all here as ''economic migrants'', it's only sheer luck that make us different from refugees.

Be that as it may, I'm happy today that the ECHR has intervened at the expense of the UK courts who supported this abhorrent policy. No one is going to be deported to Rwanda. grin

I'm an Atheist, but I specifically welcome the intervention of the Church of England in this matter. If the Queen who is the Head of the Church of England and Prince Charles finds that this policy is ''appalling'' and abhorrent, who are you?

This is illogical.

Assuming that we are all economic migrants, there is a huge difference between people who come legally and those who decide to break the law in doing it.

What those people are doing is incredibly unfair and damaging to both UK citizens and other legal migrants, and it encourages and directly funds violent criminals and human traffickers. It is absurd to expect the UK to continue putting up with it ad infinitum.

People like you who condemn the policy always can't seem to outline exactly how it's bad or inhumane to the refugees. In fact, I've observed a tinge of racism in some of the commentary that focuses on how moving them to Africa is deplorable, implying assumptions that it's impossible to be safe and comfortable in Africa so it must be akin to taking them to hell.

That just isn't true, obviously. They are to be kept in safe and comfortable conditions until decisions are made about their refugee applications, so can you articulate exactly what is wrong with the arrangement?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.