Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183406 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Khafsun: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2022
samint1:
My wife did actually
Ok.
Please did she have to upload POF before she got CAS?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SPDAZZY(f): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

Please how can I get an NHS Dental practice to register in Leeds? Called 3 practices today and they all said they only take private insurance and no slot for NHS.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
See below:
I've used the 1st one in the past but not sure if they will be able to handle your cargo but you can always ask them.
I haven't used the 2nd one. It is a random picture from when I walked the streets of Peckham couple of months ago.
5gee:
Please does anyone know how I can ship a flammable substance like this to Nigeria?
Thanks
cc mamatukwas Lexusgs430

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
mimilyrics:
See below:
I've used the 1st one in the past but not sure if they will be able to handle your cargo but you can always ask them.
I haven't used the 2nd one. It is a random picture from when I walked the streets of Peckham couple of months ago.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by malayachtsdubai(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
Can I visit in UK from UAE?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Grace321: 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2022
Yeah I did

Thanks

dduchess90:
Hello,

Could you kindly post this on the student/study visa thread as well.it might be useful for students coming in

Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Grace321: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
For the graduate visa application, someone selected “No” for the question ‘Did you have any medical treatment in the UK’ but this person has done ear syringing before. Is ear syringing considered as a medical treatment?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2022
Grace321:
For the graduate visa application, someone selected “No” for the question ‘Did you have any medical treatment in the UK’ but this person has done ear syringing before. Is ear syringing considered as a medical treatment?

Thanks

Ear syringing is medical treatment, but to the best of my knowledge that is no longer provided free by the NHS - did you get it through your GP or were you referred to a clinic where you had to pay?

The "no" is fine, as that question is simply a carryover from the tourist visa application aimed at smoking out those who get NHS treatment without having paid/being eligible for it, and as a student on a Tier 4 visa you have paid the IHS and are entitled to NHS treatment like any other UK resident, so even if you had attended a hospital or GP surgery for any other reason and answered yes, it's absolutely fine and makes no difference.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Grace321: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2022
Thanks for your response.

The GP referred her to another clinic and it was free.

TheGuyFromHR:

Ear syringing is medical treatment, but to the best of my knowledge that is no longer provided free by the NHS - did you get it through your GP or were you referred to a clinic where you had to pay?

The "no" is fine, as that question is simply a carryover from the tourist visa application aimed at smoking out those who get NHS treatment without having paid/being eligible for it, and as a student on a Tier 4 visa you have paid the IHS and are entitled to NHS treatment like any other UK resident, so even if you had attended a hospital or GP surgery for any other reason and answered yes, it's absolutely fine and makes no difference.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by samhay: 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2022
malayachtsdubai:
Can I visit in UK from UAE?

U carry dis UAE English enter typing boss

If u av residence visa, u can apply for uk visit visa

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
grin cheesy
samhay:

U carry dis UAE English enter typing boss

If u av residence visa, u can apply for uk visit visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Righty(m): 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
Good evening to all the distinguish ladies and gentlemen.

Please, can one make use of a Nigeria Driver's License temporarily in the Uk or one should obtain the international driver's license?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
Your Nigerian license is valid for use up to a year from the day you enter the YouKay.

No need to get an international license.

Righty:
Good evening to all the distinguish ladies and gentlemen.

Please, can one make use of a Nigeria Driver's License temporarily in the Uk or one should obtain the international driver's license?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MJ01: 8:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Righty(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
lightnlife:
Your Nigerian license is valid for use up to a year from the day you enter the YouKay.

No need to get an international license.

Thanks so much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MJ01: 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MJ01: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ah looks like hurricane abi flood happened here and carried away the 10 year ban posts smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Owoado(m): 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
Why I dey miss the good stuff
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hi guys,

Good evening all, please I have a question

If my entry date is 20th august, can I book a flight for 19th but will land on 20th ?

Is there any reprecussion to this ?

Why am I doing this? it's because there is about 800 usd difference between flying on 19th and 20th.

Can I go ahead ?

Kindly advise

@justwise @lexusgs460. @giselle237
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
MJ01:

Looool

Oshodi bus-stop

But once you get in the plane, the Moroccans are much more coordinated and polite. I had mixed feelings after we got to Morocco.

It's just KLM requesting transit visa via Amsterdam that's causing this Brouhaha

I don't plan to fly with them anymore either...
we're in this same dilemma that's why we're looking for alternative.

BA is outrageous
Virgin Atlantic is toooo expensive
Klm, air France, Lufthansa all require transit visa
Ethiopia will be having stop in Brussels, I don't want to risk it also, so man no go hook for road.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SamReinvented: 10:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
OmichaelO:
Hi guys,

Good evening all, please I have a question

If my entry date is 20th august, can I book a flight for 19th but will land on 20th ?

Why am I doing this? it's because there is about 800 usd difference between flying on 19th and 20th.

Can I go ahead ?

Kindly advise

You can go ahead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
SamReinvented:

You can go ahead.
thank you so much boss

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
OmichaelO:
Hi guys,

Why am I doing this? it's because there is about 800 usd difference between flying on 19th and 20th.Can I go ahead ? Kindly advise
hi you need to confirm with the airline before buying the ticket. Some might not allow you board because technically you do not have a valid visa on that day which is among the things checked before you will be allowed to fly.
Call the airline first.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
giselle237:
hi you need to confirm with the airline before buying the ticket. Some might not allow you board because technically you do not have a valid visa on that day which is among the things checked before you will be allowed to fly.
Call the airline first.
Thank you for this.

I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.