Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1198523 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 6:17am On Jun 29, 2022
Next time, put am for your hand luggage when light goes off nah, I get two of their blankets o. They are too stingy even their meal na crap

codedarrow:
You see Turkish airline they specifically stay by the exit door to collect that blanket. If you see get cold they won’t give you that blanket to take away! I will never use Turkish airline again unless I need to visit Turkey ��

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaTaikun: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
My family thought has much too… Well, I left the apartment already around first week of this month. Thank Goodness my 6 months contract ends this June, I just closed eye, paid the rent and left the house. I have a lovely family and I can’t risk their safety..

Now in a gated community, if them still follow reach here, na to comot this region be that.. grin grin
Lol... grin I like your positive spirit and the fact that you moved to a more secure location. Family safety comes first. smiley

All the best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 7:52am On Jun 29, 2022
I remember someone talking about a care home asking for "Admin fee" for COS. How much did they ask for please? Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:37am On Jun 29, 2022
Osoderi:

lol! Lexusgs always the first person to respond to my request. lol. Thank you.

Nah night we from Edo dey fly ........... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2022
Good morning, please does anyone stays in Hull here?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2022
Chudycharles:

Good evening bro.. Please I am to use Qatar airways next month to travel from Lagos... I have not be vaccinated yet at all.. I want to know if that will be an issue with the immigration officers please...
As at December when I travelled, I wasn't vaccinated at all but negative covid test results that is less than 72hrs old were required at MMIA. Without it you're going no where. You should check if this has changed. It was at transit in Qatar and exit at UK that I wasn't asked about anything covid.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadarasBlade(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:

When you can't beat them, you join them ......... cheesy

What use is a good egg, in the midst of 500 dozen rotten eggs........ grin

My bro, morning.

Would love to speak personally to you about something.

Nothing serious.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2022
MadarasBlade:

My bro, morning.

Would love to speak personally to you about something.

Nothing serious.

So long as you don't test your madaras blade, on my skin ......... wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2022
Hkana:
Hello everyone.
Does anyone know how life is in Dunfermline? I got a job there and I'm planning on relocation

Someone should please help here
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chudycharles: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
Viruses:

As at December when I travelled, I wasn't vaccinated at all but negative covid test results that is less than 72hrs old were required at MMIA. Without it you're going no where. You should check if this has changed. It was at transit in Qatar and exit at UK that I wasn't asked about anything covid.

Thanks.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Josh121:

You passport most be valid for 6 months before you can apply for student visa

This is not true.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
@uchman

Ask your question in student visa thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
justwise:

This is not true.
Okay
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ogbaba123: 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please is there a referral system with M&S and can I register with less than 3 years UK residency ?

dustydee:

I got a few offers of 2.8% last month. Notably M&S bank.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ogbaba123:
Please is there a referral system with M&S and can I register with less than 3 years UK residency ?

If you are looking for a credit card, Amex has refferal option and bonus:

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/dAVIdGwbr6?CPID=100439814

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
Romoller:
Next time, put am for your hand luggage when light goes off nah, I get two of their blankets o. They are too stingy even their meal na crap

Whao!!! Is there anything you people will not pinch? Even if others are doing it, it doesn’t make it right. You don’t even have use for the blanket. It’s an illness. If you feel the airline is crap then don’t use them.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
phyl123:

Whao!!! Is there anything you people will not pinch? Even if others are doing it, it doesn’t make it right. You don’t even have use for the blanket. It’s an illness. If you feel the airline is crap then don’t use them.

Saint Obi..... grin

Runs out of thread

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
AirBay:

Saint Obi..... grin

Runs out of thread

I’m no saint but this is disgraceful behaviour.

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
justwise:
@uchman

Ask your question in student visa thread.

Ok Chief
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
Viruses:

I used Qatar Airways, affordable compared to others, no transit visa required, no issue of covid was raised. When we were getting down, we saw people carrying their blanket, we carried ours too and that's what we are still using here. I will fly them again because I need more blankets.

Their blankets are not thick enough, doesn't serve the purpose.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lol, wow I have heard u Saint Morris. They denied me to board one time like that due to Covid result test came in late and I paid another 279k the next day, two blankets never cover my money. And yes it’s very useful on long train journeys in winter. Thanks.

phyl123:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Romoller:
Lol, wow I have heard u Saint Morris. They denied me to board one time like that due to Covid result test came in late and I paid another 279k the next day, two blankets never cover my money. And yes it’s very useful on long train journeys in winter. Thanks.

And then you will complain about politicians that get into government office and raid the treasury because they spent a lot of money for nomination forms and campaigning. No matter how we try to sugarcoat it or dress it up. When you take something that doesn’t belong to you. It’s called stealing.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
uchman:

Their blankets are not thick enough, doesn't serve the purpose.

I was wondering if there is another blanket apart from the ones I saw
Some people take hotel towels too
grin wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hello My Ogas

I have a question

To build up credit without going the CC way, which one is the most advisable or the best option to speed it up

- Buying and paying items using PayPal credit (3 times payments)
- Changing from maybe Lebara to O2 contract plan
- Using the Monese credit builder option for 1 year (costs around 7GBP per month)

Kindly advise

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
HollyMadison:

I just checked. I got it. wink I’m sure you’ve gotten yours too

I did. Thanks a lot.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
hustla:

I was wondering if there is another blanket apart from the ones I saw
Some people take hotel towels too
grin wink

Some people are sick they can’t help themselves. it’s called Kleptomania and the worst part is that they do these things in front of their young kids. While some people are passing on generational wealth to their kids, others are passing on looting techniques . This same people go to parties with a big bacco bag , place it underneath the table and start pillling the jack daniels and other drinks meant for everyone one on the table into the bag. Without a care in the world. Too sad.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
phyl123:

Some people are sick they can’t help themselves. it’s called Kleptomania and the worst part is that they do these things in front of their young kids. While some people are passing on generational wealth to their kids, others are passing on looting techniques . This same people go to parties with a big bacco bag , place it underneath the table and start pillling the jack daniels and other drinks meant for everyone one on the table into the bag. Without a care in the world. Too sad.

grin

Country hard!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chudycharles: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
Viruses:

Good evening bro.. December is a long time ago.. if you can help me get someone who travelled down recently I will appreciate it please.. thanks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.