Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1181741 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
phyl123:

And then you will complain about politicians that get into government office and raid the treasury because they spent a lot of money for nomination forms and campaigning. No matter how we try to sugarcoat it or dress it up. When you take something that doesn’t belong to you. It’s called stealing.

Ok sir/ma, rest now please. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
hustla:
Hello My Ogas

I have a question

To build up credit without going the CC way, which one is the most advisable or the best option to speed it up

- Buying and paying items using PayPal credit (3 times payments)
- Changing from maybe Lebara to O2 contract plan
- Using the Monese credit builder option for 1 year (costs around 7GBP per month)

Kindly advise

Thanks!

If they all report to credit agencies, I think you can combine all. Lol. Klana also started reporting to credit agencies at the start of this month.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lol, I know the towel own wella. Especially Lautech boys and hotels in Mosho o…I once take earphones too from plane, I pray Forgive us for little things we don’t count as sins.

hustla:

I was wondering if there is another blanket apart from the ones I saw
Some people take hotel towels too
grin wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
I think this credit thing is very important, a bro who is a Dr here wants to get house on mortgage and was told his credit is bad despite the fact that he buys and pays everything with his debit card. Mortgage guy called him to get a credit card and start using it,according to him as I don’t know how true that is,,I think that thing is very important abroad unlike in Nigeria where we buy everything in cash.

hustla:
Hello My Ogas

I have a question

To build up credit without going the CC way, which one is the most advisable or the best option to speed it up

- Using the Monese credit builder option for 1 year (costs around 7GBP per month)

Kindly advise

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2022
In other news, how much is Abuja Agege bread in your area?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Emmyk:

If they all report to credit agencies, I think you can combine all. Lol. Klana also started reported to credit agencies at the start of this month.

Yes they all do

Yeah, Klana has just started too

PayPal actually warned me that they report to credit agencies.

Monese's programme is to do help with credit so they report to the agencies. I just would like tok know which is faster and maybe better in the long run so i wont just be doing the same thing in different places

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
Romoller:
I think this credit thing is very important, a bro who is a Dr here wants to get house on mortgage and was told his credit is bad despite the fact that he buys and pays everything with his debit card. Mortgage guy called him to get a credit card and start using it,according to him as I don’t know how true that is,,I think that thing is very important abroad unlike in Nigeria where we buy everything in cash.

Yes its important

Need to get a CC also along the line but i dont think im financially mature for it yet hence the other soft options smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
Romoller:
Lol, I know the towel own wella. Especially Lautech boys and hotels in Mosho o…I once take earphones too from plane, I pray Forgive us for little things we don’t count as sins.

Ive never taken anything sha

I always wonder how embarassing it'd be if hotel staff search and embarass me because of hotel towel

Nahhh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
hustla:
Hello My Ogas

I have a question

Kindly advise

Thanks!

I'll take the O2 plan over the other 2 options. Also try to have your name added to one or all of your bills if you haven't already, plus use your overdraft facility if you have one and you'll be fine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
Estroller:

I'll take the O2 plan over the other 2 options. Also try to have your name added to one or all of your bills if you haven't already, plus use your overdraft facility if you have one and you'll be fine.

Thanks!

I'm currently on lebara, if I move to O2, will my current plan move there?

I am currently on one unlimited plan like that

Does the overdraft help in any way?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
Chudycharles:
Good evening bro.. December is a long time ago.. if you can help me get someone who travelled down recently I will appreciate it please.. thanks...

wwww.gov.uk is the Bible for travel into the UK amongst other policies.
If you have gone on there you will see irrespective of vaccination status, all can come into the UK with no further requests.. no PLF , no vaccination cards and no tests are required for inward travel to the UK.
What else do you want to hear as I feel the govt’s website is clear enough.
If u decide to transit via Istanbul or Qatar through to the UK, the same applies.
I know I said this before to you. at least govt’s website should serve the purpose at the end of the day. If you decide against travel advisory on www.gov.uk please by all means do pcr test for day 2,8 and 10 and book 14 day quarantine

Or perhaps you are a 1st time traveller, if you know the rules you stick by it. Do not allow immigration to intimidate you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
hustla:

Thanks!

I am currently on one unlimited plan like that

I think sim only contract from O2 will help
Also, getting UK driving license too ( I've heard a few number of people ask If I had one)
I think the essence of this scoring system is to show you're credible not necessarily about your bank balance.

I've had water bill addressed to me because the water company found out I live in the apartment based on credit reports. (My landlord does not live the apartment, so no one replies the water company)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
Romoller:

Guy, don't smear my school in the mud ó, people do it and it's mostly people who can't take their eyes off basic things or people who feel they didn't get the quality for the money paid.

Omo Ladoke?

Owo dá lókè?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
hustla:

Thanks!

I doubt you'll be able to. You'll have to take out a new plan with O2

Yes it does if used sensibly, it's a form of credit so your bank will report your usage to credit reference agencies.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Owojuyi(f): 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
nairalandolodo3:

Hello sir please I have 100 pounds for sale. Can you help me out please? I have it on Revolut

Hello, I have naira
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
onecoder:

I think sim only contract from O2 will help
Also, getting UK driving license too ( I've heard a few number of people ask If I had one)
I think the essence of this scoring system is to show you're credible not necessarily about your bank balance.

I've had water bill addressed to me because the water company found out I live in the apartment based on credit reports. (My landlord does not live the apartment, so no one replies the water company)

Yes the sim only contract will help

I just would like to retain my old number hence the reason for asking about the plan

I might just wait until the plan expires before migrating

Many thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
That’s not good, loss to the business owner and not fair but will Turkish airline wash the blankets and repackage it again? Aren’t they new I don’t understand.

hustla:

Ive never taken anything sha

I always wonder how embarassing it'd be if hotel staff search and embarass me because of hotel towel

Nahhh

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
Estroller

Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
Romoller:
That’s not good, loss to the business owner and not fair but will Turkish airline wash the blankets and repackage it again? Aren’t they new I don’t understand.

They can recycle it
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
hustla:

Yes the sim only contract will help

I just would like to retain my old number hence the reason for asking about the plan

I might just wait until the plan expires before migrating

Many thanks

You can retain your existing number.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
Estroller:

You can retain your existing number.

But the plan goes away then?
Ill just call o2 tmr and ask
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lol, one of your boy came to Yikpata camp with white towel that has nest hotel on it.

HondaLover:

Guy, don't smear my school in the mud ó, people do it and it's mostly people who can't take their eyes off basic things or people who feel they didn't get the quality for the money paid.

Omo Ladoke?

Owo dá lókè?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Romoller: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Toor.

hustla:

They can recycle it
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
BorisJohnson:

This is an outright untruth.
NO WHERE in the UK will Tier-4 students get COUNCIL HOUSES.

The writer of this fallacy simply chose to pull the wool on the faces of vulnerable individuals by deliberately creating the (false and wrong) impression that Council House = Housing Association. The two are not the same.

Did you bother to check my subsequent posts where I reiterated and emphasized on housing association.

Why not calm your raging nerves and adjust your point view.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 12:00am On Jun 30, 2022
hustla:

Yes they all do

Yeah, Klana has just started too

PayPal actually warned me that they report to credit agencies.

Monese's programme is to do help with credit so they report to the agencies. I just would like tok know which is faster and maybe better in the long run so i wont just be doing the same thing in different places

smiley

Makes sense. I've been reporting my house rent payment to Credditladder since February, they are suppose to report to Transunion, but my Transunion credit score hasn't moved since February!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 12:00am On Jun 30, 2022
Hkana:

Someone should please help here

Most students unable to secure a place in Edinburgh are in dunfermline. Quite an affordable area compared to Edinburgh.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 12:25am On Jun 30, 2022
Thanks goodness some of us are LAUTECH men smiley: 1st set at that when it was OSUTECH, part of the process becoming LAUTECH. Watched the Abiola lecture hall foundation and completed, and graduated from it.
PS: I can't agree more with HondaLover; though I'm not a fan of Honda
HondaLover:
Guy, don't smear my school in the mud ó,
... ...
Omo Ladoke?
Owo dá lókè?
Romoller:
Lol, I know the towel own wella. Especially Lautech boys and hotels in Mosho o… ...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 1:16am On Jun 30, 2022
I paid 70k today for a close Ikeja biometrics date. Plus the 50k I paid earlier for IOM TB cert. This country has fully gone to shite. The last time alongetayo and I complained about this our comments were removed. Why? You people don't want the world to know what you're doing?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 3:01am On Jun 30, 2022
jumpshot:
I paid 70k today for a close Ikeja biometrics date. Plus the 50k I paid earlier for IOM TB cert. This country has fully gone to shite. The last time alongetayo and I complained about this our comments were removed. Why? You people don't want the world to know what you're doing?

You dont have any moral right to complain. U engaged in something corrupt and still calling the system names. Come to think of it most times those people who collect miney for closer date are just hustlers. They just sit there and keep refreshing and do all sorts of tricks to get closer date. 50k for iom cert is for what exactly?

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 3:03am On Jun 30, 2022
Emmyk:

Makes sense. I've been reporting my house rent payment to Credditladder since February, they are suppose to report to Transunion, but my Transunion credit score hasn't moved since February!

I heard they dont count recurrent expenditure like rent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 3:06am On Jun 30, 2022
jumpshot:
Whatever you do, please avoid Royal Air Maroc. Nothing royal about that company. I am royally pissed on God.

Nothing wrong with the airline. You get what you pay for.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by evalovely: 4:26am On Jun 30, 2022
Please how can I contact Nigeria Home office or check passport issuing status ?
I did biometric for renewal since May and I have not received the passport. I have tried calling the number on their homepage and no one ever picked

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.