Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177408 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Wow. Now I'm scared. Lol. Thanks for the headsup
. It’s a long process but this is what I did. Open a PayPal account and also a coin base account. Transfer your fund to coinbase. Link your PayPal account to your bank. Then withdraw via PayPal to your account. Most uk banks don’t support direct withdrawal from coinbase. But PayPal can act as intermediaries. I have used this several times.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

Well, you could be right

99% of the time though, without UK DBS, you are just wasting your time

Btw, do you know a lot about SIA certs?
. If you are new to the uk, most employers will ask for Police clearance. You can get it at Alagbon before coming. I can also give u a plug. They willl do it for you and send it to you same day or next day here in the uk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
mex551:
. If you are new to the uk, most employers will ask for Police clearance. You can get it at Alagbon before coming. I can also give u a plug. They willl do it for you and send it to you same day or next day here in the uk.
he is a student.. who has gottn visa…

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maturedhustler:
My people,

I need an urgent clarification regarding travel insurance for Schengen country if required for transit flight.

In the past I used one for entry to Amsterdam while visiting Netherlands but not clear if I need to get another one for transit flight via Schengen country to UK. Thanks
What kind of travel insurance do you currently hold?
Depending on the website you got your travel insurance.
You usually would have your insurance cover Europe travels and the policy is valid for the number of days you wish to stay at your final destination.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
mex551:

I don't need it at the moment sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

No one go send your Nigerian police report

If you like obtain your Nigerian police report from heaven, without DBS, you're just wasting your time
grin

It is NOT a waste of money.
There are a lot, a LOT of jobs that would require a Nigeria police clearance cert.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Wow. Now I'm scared. Lol. Thanks for the headsup
If you use Binance, you can convert the USDT to GBP and then withdraw to your bank account. Fee is £1 for bank transfer and 1.5% if withdrawing to your bank card.
You first need a UK bank account, preferably the challenger banks. I use Revolut.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mintyx(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hello everyone!

Please I have interest in doing a life insurance policy for personal reasons.

I read somewhere yesterday where someone said one can do life insurance, hand the insurance over to a trust to invest like in real estate or something like that and that can create generational income.

Has anyone life insurance policy here in the UK?

If yes, what companies did you use? (I have interest in Aviva but I don't know if there are better options.

Finally, is the idea of handing the life insurance over to a trust a wise one?

Cheers to you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
lightest:

Please share more insight on how to make money when driving please
Amazon delivery, or just delivery for companies, you can work for just eat and Deliveroo or if serious do Ubar

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
mintyx:
Hello everyone!

Please I have interest in doing a life insurance policy for personal reasons.

I read somewhere yesterday where someone said one can do life insurance, hand the insurance over to a trust to invest like in real estate or something like that and that can create generational income.

Has anyone life insurance policy here in the UK?

If yes, what companies did you use? (I have interest in Aviva but I don't know if there are better options.

Finally, is the idea of handing the life insurance over to a trust a wise one?

Cheers to you all.
Do you own a car and drive? do you own your own house?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
BorisJohnson:

There are a lot, a LOT of jobs that would require a Nigeria police clearance cert.
Like?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mintyx(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
erico2k2:

Do you own a car and drive? do you own your own house?

Not yet...

I came into the UK about 5 months ago.

Why did you ask?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by divinegrace4me: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
My brother, For you to be a SIA certified door supervisor licence, security guard licence, or key-holding licence, they will ask you to provide your Nigeria police character certificate, then your DBS for England/Wales or Disclosure Scotland for people who reside in Scotland.
hustla:

I don't need it at the moment sir

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
5gee:

If you use Binance, you can convert the USDT to GBP and then withdraw to your bank account. Fee is £1 for bank transfer and 1.5% if withdrawing to your bank card.
You first need a UK bank account, preferably the challenger banks. I use Revolut.

You can only withdraw to UK bank using bank transfer if your binance is created in the UK, for withdrawal to visa bank card, it's now 1.8%.

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
divinegrace4me:
My brother, For you to be a SIA certified door supervisor licence, security guard licence, or key-holding licence, they will ask you to provide your Nigeria police character certificate, then your DBS for England/Wales or Disclosure Scotland for people who reside in Scotland.

My brother, my friend here has his SIA license and he didn't use his 9ja anything

I guess it depends on location

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
BorisJohnson:

Issorai
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
mintyx:

Not yet...

I came into the UK about 5 months ago.

Why did you ask?
That means you have no kind of insurance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mintyx(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
erico2k2:

That means you have no kind of insurance

Do you need to have a house and a car before you can get life insurance?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
mintyx:

He probably misread your question.
Life insurance is good. The trust, I believe, helps you to avoid inheritance and also with the disbursement of the claims upon your death. Using a trust is a wise decision. I use AIG but may change my policy. What I have at the moment will end when I am 65 but I want one that will last a life time. I pay slightly less than £20 per month.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
5gee:

This option is dope.

I'l try it. I use Binance

Thanks alot
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mintyx(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
5gee:

Life insurance is good. The trust, I believe, helps you to avoid inheritance and also with the disbursement of the claims upon your death. Using a trust is a wise decision. I use AIG but may change my policy. What I have at the moment will end when I am 65 but I want one that will last a life time. I pay slightly less than £20 per month.

Thanks man. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Please outside the monthly payments, ("slightly less than £20"wink is there any other amount AiG required you to pay?

This will be my last question to you I promise!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

If you like obtain your Nigerian police report from heaven, without DBS, you're just wasting your time
grin
please what's DBS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
5gee:

Please do I still need to go through the P2P hassle after conversion or I can withdraw directly to my bank account?

For withdrawal options, is it same as the Deposit.... Withdraw...Transfer option?

I tried to upload a picture but it's not responding.

Thanks 5Gee for this insight. I was really worried
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

grin

Actually medical related students need police report for DBS check

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
mintyx:

Please outside the monthly payments, ("slightly less than £20"wink is there any other amount AiG required you to pay?

No. if you look well, you might get £100 Amazon voucher after 6 months. Mine did not pay me and I did not follow up. Check moneysupermarket for qoutes.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
mintyx:

No, premiums are usually all-inclusive.
As an aside, given that he's paying less than £20, I would assume there's no critical illness cover included in the life insurance. It's a useful thing to have, especially for those with young family who are on NRPF, but it will push up the cost of the premiums. When you're getting a quote (just go to any insurer's website, Aviva, Legal and General, AIG, etc. and you'll find a facility there to generate a life insurance quote/or use a comparison website), there's usually a provision for adding that to the life insurance cover if wanted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Please do I still need to go through the P2P hassle after conversion or I can withdraw directly to my bank account?

For withdrawal options, is it same as the Deposit.... Withdraw...Transfer option?

I tried to upload a picture but it's not responding.

Thanks 5Gee for this insight. I was really worried
Straight to bank. After someone shared his poor p2p experience in the UK, I now use bank transfer method when converting to pounds. Withdraw to card fee is now 1.8%.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
5gee:

A lifetime's too long, unless you have lots of property to leave for your heirs which will generate serious death duties or mortgage(s) to pay or ongoing financial commitments that will need settling after you die.

Otherwise, the premiums on life insurance beyond retirement age are way higher usually. Most people take out life insurance so their young children will be provided for in the event of their untimely deaths with a lump sum (which can be used for paying off mortgages), so apart from the reasons above, at 65 the average person with children has generally finished raising them and does not really need life insurance, except of course, where one intends to keep firing on all cylinders and downloading pikins for the community well into old age.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

Well, you could be right

99% of the time though, without UK DBS, you are just wasting your time

Btw, do you know a lot about SIA certs?

It’s usually DBS/PVG + Nig. police character certificate

I don’t have enough info about SIA to speak freely on it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2022

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2022
mintyx:

Ti bros yen ba ti fa gbana, isokuso ni won ma n so.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 1:49am On Jul 05, 2022
5gee:

Straight to bank. After someone shared his poor p2p experience in the UK, I now use bank transfer method when converting to pounds. Withdraw to card fee is now 1.8%.

Cool

I really appreciate this. Thanks 5gre �

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.