Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176503 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kannyman: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
congratulations.

Did you have to send the mail on the withdrawal?

eyesaswide:

I don get alert o.

Chai… system wey Dey work good abeg, na so my sweat for just go ….. we move
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
Sheamus007:
So someone need a Nigeria police character certificate and DBS to work in some places In UK right?

Apparently

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hello guys, please how long does it take for care home to process certificate of sponsorship. There're about 2 care homes that want to sponsor my visa and for over 1 month now they're both saying they're working on it.

Please all contribution are welcome
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
5gee:

If you use Binance, you can convert the USDT to GBP and then withdraw to your bank account. Fee is £1 for bank transfer and 1.5% if withdrawing to your bank card.
You first need a UK bank account, preferably the challenger banks. I use Revolut.

There is an article on taxing crypto investors, it was released last year by HMRC and updated this year February I think. I have not read the article. Also I don’t intend to do anything directly with a UK bank card as I don’t know what their final publication will be on taxing crypto investor/traders.

I did with my naira bank account early last year because I know it takes Nigerian central bank years to investigate and come up with a process. But since US became very serious with their crypto tax talk in 2020, I knew it won’t take long for their sibling UK to come up with something too.

If you have not, I advice you search for the article and read to be sure you are covered since you have direct bank transfer from your wallet to your bank account. I don’t think it will take binance more than 10 seconds to provide any document when requested by the UK government.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by senny(f): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Phayie:
Hello guys, please how long does it take for care home to process certificate of sponsorship. There're about 2 care homes that want to sponsor my visa and for over 1 month now they're both saying they're working on it.

Please all contribution are welcome

• Employer applies for Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) – 2 weeks
• Employer applies for defined CoS – 4 weeks
Just ask how long it will take, so you can always follow up
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
Newbie123:

So if your binance wasn't created in the UK, you can't use this function?

You can't use the option of bank transfer which is 1GBP but you can do the card option of 1.8%. Visa cards only.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yoged(m): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
Please who has a sample of work reference letter from a previous job .My former boss needs a sample. i'll appreciate it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Igbamatigbi: 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
hustla:

My brother, my friend here has his SIA license and he didn't use his 9ja anything

I guess it depends on location

I am studying social work, for them to give CAS you must show police clearance from Nigeria, when you come you will show them again before you apply for DBS, I don’t know for other school but for mine it was important even when I started working they asked for that while my DBS was in process.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Igbamatigbi: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
Newbie123:

Actually medical related students need police report for DBS check

I am studying social work, for them to give CAS you must show police clearance from Nigeria, when you come you will show them again before you apply for DBS, I don’t know for other school but for mine it was important even when I started working they asked for Nigeria police clearance.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
jumpshot:

I did 733 yesterday on lemonade

I did 740 on flutterwave yesterday
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
senny:

• Employer applies for Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) – 2 weeks
• Employer applies for defined CoS – 4 weeks
Just ask how long it will take, so you can always follow up

Thank you for your response. Each time I ask them the response they always give me is that they've apply to home office and there's no update on the application yet
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chreze:

There is an article on taxing crypto investors, it was released last year by HMRC and updated this year February I think. I have not read the article. Also I don’t intend to do anything directly with a UK bank card as I don’t know what their final publication will be on taxing crypto investor/traders.

I did with my naira bank account early last year because I know it takes Nigerian central bank years to investigate and come up with a process. But since US became very serious with their crypto tax talk in 2020, I knew it won’t take long for their sibling UK to come up with something too.

If you have not, I advice you search for the article and read to be sure you are covered since you have direct bank transfer from your wallet to your bank account. I don’t think it will take binance more than 10 seconds to provide any document when requested by the UK government.

I don't think there is more to the rules other than you won't be able to trade on futures. You need to submit any of those information before you scale through.

You can still trade on spot though, I can't recollect if depositing money from your uk bank to binance is also affected.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eyesaswide: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
Kannyman:
congratulations.

Did you have to send the mail on the withdrawal?

I insisted that they send their email offering me to settle out of court and they did. In reply I agreed that I will withdraw if they pay me.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
OmichaelO:
Hi guys,

Kindly please, Is police report required for students and their dependents ?

I'm getting conflicting informations.

Kindly help o

You don’t need police report till an organization requests for it. Police report has an expiry date, it’s useless if you get it too early.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Phayie:

Thank you for your response. Each time I ask them the response they always give me is that they've apply to home office and there's no update on the application yet
This is a same day thing. Have you been given employment letter by the company?

Just remove mind and continue life. If it eventually comes out they will let you know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
bigtt76:
Pls where did you get your crypto cards from?

cryptodotcom and wirex

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
Viruses:

This is a same day thing. Have you been given employment letter by the company?

Just remove mind and continue life. If it eventually comes out they will let you know.

Thank you. But the problem is my visa is expiring soon. My current employer told me not to worry that they've agreed to sponsor my visa but they've not asked me for any document or information and the other company that agree to sponsor me are also saying they've applied for my certificate of sponsorship and they're waiting for home office to contact them. The thing just tire me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
Who knows what is happening? Why are Bojo's compatriots quitting office?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
kode12:

This is getting serious 3 aides resign in one day
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
oooh ok ...cryptodotcom was not supporting Nigeria so couldn't get one. Let me look at Wirex. Thanks

Update
Wirex not supported in Nigeria cheesy

5gee:

cryptodotcom and wirex
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
kode12:

So much real politicians can take......... Nigerian politicians, would just keep soaking all in, like a foam sponge........... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
You no include damages / emotional distress cheesy .. . Glad to hear it's sorted cool

eyesaswide:

I don get alert o.

Chai… system wey Dey work good abeg, na so my sweat for just go ….. we move
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
Josh121:

This is getting serious 3 aides resign in one day

Honestly, I haven't been following things for a few weeks then I saw 3 aides resigning at once. That isn't looking good at all.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

So much real politicians can take......... Nigerian politicians, would just keep soaking all in, like a foam sponge........... cheesy

The political space is getting funky.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
BuildingProject:

I don't think there is more to the rules other than you won't be able to trade on futures. You need to submit any of those information before you scale through.

You can still trade on spot though, I can't recollect if depositing money from your uk bank to binance is also affected.

Cool. But this looks like a note from binance to its investors in the uk I think. Am actually talking about the one from HMRC on taxing crypto investors/traders. I think it’s on gov.uk. One of these days I will try to read it tho.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
Igbamatigbi:

I am studying social work, for them to give CAS you must show police clearance from Nigeria, when you come you will show them again before you apply for DBS, I don’t know for other school but for mine it was important even when I started working they asked for that while my DBS was in process.

Alright then

I guess I didn't explore other job options

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
BorisJohnson:

Like MI-5. Like Teaching. It was a requirement for the SIA badge. Like Airport Baggage Handler and a lot of current airport vacancies. Like some probation service jobs. Like some Prison Officer jobs. Like Met Police jobs.

Do you want more examples?
you either don't know what you are talking about or just imagining things.
Mi5 you have to be a British. so if you are a commonwealth citizen you would have at least 10 years in the Uk already B4 Being British
SIA badges requires you to have 3 years in the Uk and b4 one has right to do security job and your vetting for security officer is 3 years that for door man is 5 years and for you to do these jobs you must have the rights to work which takes more than 5 years so where is the need for 9ja vetting?
Airport jobs same thing go your vetting periods are 3 to 5 years which you would have spent in the Ul already
Probation service this one off me, you cannot be a probation officer without having a 1st degree in probation service once again we know how long that takes in the Uni
Met police like UKBA is a reserved job for British citizens .
Look you guys should stop assumptions or giving misleading advice to guys on here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
mintyx:

Do you need to have a house and a car before you can get life insurance?
Not at all but its god to keep all your insurance with one company and you get discounts
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

So much real politicians can take......... Nigerian politicians, would just keep soaking all in, like a foam sponge Borisjohnson ........... cheesy
Fixed tongue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
5gee:

Fixed tongue

But you agree that fire is burning his legs .......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
erico2k2:

you either don't know what you are talking about or just imagining things.
Mi5 you have to be a British. so if you are a commonwealth citizen you would have at least 10 years in the Uk already B4 Being British
SIA badges requires you to have 3 years in the Uk and b4 one has right to do security job and your vetting for security officer is 3 years that for door man is 5 years and for you to do these jobs you must have the rights to work which takes more than 5 years so where is the need for 9ja vetting?
Airport jobs same thing go your vetting periods are 3 to 5 years which you would have spent in the Ul already
Probation service this one off me, you cannot be a probation officer without having a 1st degree in probation service once again we know how long that takes in the Uni
Met police like UKBA is a reserved job for British citizens .
Look you guys should stop assumptions or giving misleading advice to guys on here.

The bolded is either incorrect or outdated information
You can get your SIA badge even if you’re under 6 months in the UK.

Criminal record
You need to pass our criminal record checks.

If you live outside the UK, or you have spent 6 continuous months or more outside the UK in the last 5 years, you need to provide evidence of overseas criminal record checks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.