Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1200801 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by homole(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2022
Abeg guys. I get one small Renault Clio 2002
Mileage is less than 40k , automatic transmission
Car is in perfect condition.
Road tax and insurance is less than 100 pounds
The can been small for me. I bend in it. The bending done cause me leg pain.
Vehicle is located in Leicester.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 12:14am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Before Brexit NHS was understaffed, After Brexit, same situation and this tide would continue till Infinity.........

NHS was understaffed in 1970, I bet it was understaffed before 1970....... So you see, it's impossible to fully staff the NHS .........

As at today, almost 35000 vacancies......... Tomorrow, it could be more ........

This just came out today - makes for interesting reading.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5803/cmselect/cmhealth/115/report.html
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:15am On Jul 26, 2022
homole:
Are you giving it out for free.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OgbeniOptional(m): 12:19am On Jul 26, 2022
Credit card sweet o. If u can’t pay your friend the interest free loan you promised to pay him back in a month. If u can’t honour that kind of agreement. Don’t near any financial institution for loan or credit, you will default as well. Stop making it seem like CC is a life destroyer. Live within your means.

claremont:

No. A credit card is just one of several credit instruments you can use to build a credit score. If you can afford not to have/use it, please don't. The careless acquisition and usage of credit cards has ruined the lives of several people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OgbeniOptional(m): 12:21am On Jul 26, 2022
How much

homole:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:18am On Jul 26, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

As usual, lessons would be learnt ...............

Staffing issues are historic and cannot be resolved in it's current form ......

I dare the political party, that proposes a total privatization of the NHS ............. grin

This report, might be a preparation of minds .............. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ardamz: 2:54am On Jul 26, 2022
We are getting there gradually, I don't believe the structure & efficiency was like this 20 years ago (i stand to be corrected on this o). it's not going to happen overnight but gradually section by sector. At least the surgeries are privately owned, just Govt funded, the structure for privatization is there already na just to dey add and expand exclusion list
Lexusgs430:

I dare the political party, that proposes a total privatization of the NHS ............. grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 3:28am On Jul 26, 2022
nineville:

Thanks for your response, not yet.

I am thinking perhaps, is it this website?
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport/ptype/1By1C

Yes it is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 6:38am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

What do you mean by the bolded oga mi
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 6:41am On Jul 26, 2022
ardamz:
We are getting there gradually, I don't believe the structure & efficiency was like this 20 years ago (i stand to be corrected on this o). it's not going to happen overnight but gradually section by sector. At least the surgeries are privately owned, just Govt funded, the structure for privatization is there already na just to dey add and expand exclusion list

The beet thing is for the NHS to be privatised, but many patients in the UK won't be able to pay for the services
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:49am On Jul 26, 2022
ukay2:

What do you mean by the bolded oga mi

Not playing mind games, but the devil is in the details......... Hibernating between the lines ......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2022
Good morning famz

Pls oo, can someone guide me through how to access sport stations and other interesting TV stations in the UK. I am stucked presently with their normal antenna TV stations which are just boring.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Punstar: 7:39am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Send details to me on the other side, so i add new user and test ...........

As I dey so, blazing with Nancy & Business news .... No conflicts ........ cheesy
Oga Lexus, na your TV be like billboard so?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2022
orlabot:
Good morning famz

Pls oo, can someone guide me through how to access sport stations and other interesting TV stations in the UK. I am stucked presently with their normal antenna TV stations which are just boring.

Get Sky or Virgin e.t.c and be dashing them cool £££ monthly or contact Oga Lexus and get a year iptv subscription at shikini rate and watch any program of your choice across the globe grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

Get Sky or Virgin e.t.c and be dashing them cool £££ monthly or contact Oga Lexus and get a year iptv subscription at shikini rate and watch any program of your choice across the globe grin

Thanks bro, so d first option na 3pounds right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:11am On Jul 26, 2022
Punstar:

Oga Lexus, na your TV be like billboard so?

You know say when person be illegal immigrant, he must buy assets, incase deportation happens....... My people go see asset send to me back in Nigeria......... grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Send details to me on the other side, so i add new user and test ...........

As I dey so, blazing with Nancy & Business news .... No conflicts ........ cheesy

Oga lexus, good morning. Pls I need ur help

Pls oo, can u guide me through how to access sport stations and other interesting TV stations in the UK. I am stucked presently with their normal antenna TV stations which are just boring.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2022
Munamoqel:
is it possible to raise 10k pounds in the uk as a student ? After paying 10k with 5 months before enrolment
ewelee. With 20 hours? So target is 20k pounds in say 5-9 months minus your usual monthly expenses. May the gods be on your side.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Jul 26, 2022
orlabot:

Oga lexus, good morning. Pls I need ur help

Pls oo, can u guide me through how to access sport stations and other interesting TV stations in the UK. I am stucked presently with their normal antenna TV stations which are just boring.

Are you a lover of IPTV ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2022
giselle237:
ewelee. With 20 hours? So target is 20k pounds in say 5-9 months minus your usual monthly expenses. May the gods be on your side.

We are all doing something wrong.......... Maybe UK £ hack don dey ........... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2022
ukay2:

The beet thing is for the NHS to be privatised, but many patients in the UK won't be able to pay for the services

That's actually the worst thing that could happen.
A move to a hybrid model is the best option, just like in Germany/France, etc., where patients who can afford to pay something do, and those who can't don't pay or pay and claim it back (like in Ireland). Nobody wants to end up like America or Nigeria where paying for healthcare alone can mean the difference between life and death.

In Ireland, for instance, you pay to see a GP, so that makes people serious about scheduling and appointments and also hopefully encourages the GPs not to retire at 55, pension tax issues aside.

Another reason why the UK's free at the point of use model is overstretched is simply the imbalance between medical staff and admin staff (so many layers of bureaucracy that could be cut to free up money to train/pay more medical staff, but the NHS unions are too strong to let that happen, I would think.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kannyman: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Yes...... Many people do that because so long as you spend over £100........ You get a cast iron section 75 protection, on all purchases..........

By also managing credit properly, it helps in projecting a customer da da ni outlook to lenders .......... cheesy

Noted, thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

We are all doing something wrong.......... Maybe UK £ hack don dey ........... grin
I am in shock
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Indeed, interesting insightful reading. Thanks TheGuyFromHR. I read about a quarter or third, scan/'flip' through the rest. So much to digest.
Govt response (expected within next 2 mths, though with 'no govt's wink cry wink ), will indicate "what's next". Well, Lexusgs430 already dare the (no) government.
I noticed, unfortunately so, midwifery is in a state of mess. That might indicate the unfortunate, unpalatable experience of haydotzed. Summarised in para 57

Just within a week, the issue of staffing was discussed here. Lexusgs430 highlighted deep rooted areas, characteristic of him in light manner. Here we have it laid bare b4 us in this report. Oh, I spotted a 9ja in the committee
Draft Report (Workforce: recruitment, training and retention in health and social care)
This is a House of Commons Committee report, with recommendations to government. The Government has two months to respond

Members present:
- Jeremy Hunt, in the Chair
- Rachael Maskell
- Taiwo Owatemi

The health and social of the blue light sector really need beam light. A high intensity laser beam not just soft blue.

For others that have not read, perhaps unlike me who went about reading top-down, you might just do first few paragraphs, then flip to summarised "Conclusions and Recommendations" at the tailed end.

PS : I've only few areas touching in some of the talking points on this thread.
If Govt accepts recommendations:
- Those that want security of NHS might be able to do so with the flexibility they 'crave' for (almost at par agency/locums). [89]
- Those in the sector, especially NHS nurses would soon shout hallelujah because parents & dependants will be joining soon with less stress (in the voice of one of RCCG hymns). [72]
- Those in care would leap for joy on pay, opportunities and costed travel time yet watch their back with mandatory assessed certification and reluctant (international) sponsorship. [210, 211, 231, 233, 235, 198/201 (mandatory certification)] Obviously, £6bn funding inflow no b moinmoin.
- Those facing racism an unfair discrimination-induced disciplinary might get a ray of hope. [146, 149-150, 157]
- Doors of international HSA recruitment might remain open as-is or even more loose tap for at least another 5yrs. [62 to 71]

I can't but notice a 9ja submission: Lara Akinnawonu, Medical Student and Co-Chair of the BMA Medical Student Committee, Cardiff University

TheGuyFromHR:
Lexusgs430:

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Are you a lover of IPTV ......... cheesy

I don't know anything about IPTV bro
Pls tell me more about it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You know say when person be illegal immigrant, he must buy assets, incase deportation happens....... My people go see asset send to me back in Nigeria......... grin

This illegal elder self... don't worry, the good thing is that due to the huge visa fees people like us are paying, Fine Girl Patel can afford to buy you a seat in a private jet when time for deportation reach, unlike the days of sending people back to Lagos in cargo planes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2022
semmyk:
Indeed, interesting insightful reading. Thanks TheGuyFromHR. I read about a quarter or third, scan/'flip' through the rest. So much to digest.
Govt response (expected within next 2 mths, though with 'no govt's wink cry wink ), will indicate "what's next". Well, Lexusgs430 already dare the (no) government.
I noticed, unfortunately so, midwifery is in a state of mess. That might indicate the unfortunate, unpalatable experience of haydotzed. Summarised in para 57

Just within a week, the issue of staffing was discussed here. Lexusgs430 highlighted deep rooted areas, characteristic of him in light manner. Here we have it laid bare b4 us in this report. Oh, I spotted a 9ja in the committee
Draft Report (Workforce: recruitment, training and retention in health and social care)
This is a House of Commons Committee report, with recommendations to government. The Government has two months to respond

Members present:
- Jeremy Hunt, in the Chair
- Rachael Maskell
- Taiwo Owatemi

The health and social of the blue light sector really need beam light. A high intensity laser beam not just soft blue.

For others that have not read, perhaps unlike me who went about reading top-down, you might just do first few paragraphs, then flip to summarised "Conclusions and Recommendations" at the tailed end.

- Those that want security of NHS might be able to do so with the flexibility they 'crave' for (almost at par agency/locums). [89]
- Those in the sector, especially NHS nurses would soon shout hallelujah because parents & dependants will be joining soon with less stress (in the voice of one of RCCG hymns). [72]
- Those in care would leap for joy on pay, opportunities and costed travel time yet watch their back with mandatory assessed certification and reluctant (international) sponsorship. [210, 211, 231, 233, 235, 198/201 (mandatory certification)] Obviously, £6bn funding inflow no b moinmoin.
- Those facing racism an unfair discrimination-induced disciplinary might get a ray of hope. [146, 149-150, 157]
- Doors of international HSA recruitment might remain open as-is or even more loose tap for at least another 5yrs. [62 to 71]

I thought the bolded was already a reality in terms of the NHS staff bank. I know some students who are on the bank and it basically works like agency staff in terms of you show up when you like, and still get NHS salary, blue light card and pension rights. I stand to be corrected though.

Hopefully, they take that finding to the logical conclusion for all roles. I'm looking out for something remote and part-time/flexitime in the NHS (nothing like a gold-plated inflation-indexed pension, no matter how small) and the reality is that Covid, while it has really hit parts of the economy and society hard, has also established remote/hybrid working and the sooner the government stops fighting that (the Tories are controlled by the big property owners who want their city centre properties to keep their values) and acknowledges the savings that could be made, lots of admin roles can be properly staffed for a change, even on shift bases (no need for doctors to be writing discharge summaries, for instance, save their time for real work, etc.).

Regarding the italicised, you are right when you point out that health and social care is a growth industry here, and many of the recent incomers would actually be well served in taking up training and other opportunities to stay in or enter that area, as it's almost a sure thing to eventually secure status.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

This illegal elder self... don't worry, the good thing is that due to the huge visa fees people like us are paying, Fine Girl Patel can afford to buy you a seat in a private jet when time for deportation reach, unlike the days of sending people back to Lagos in cargo planes. cheesy

Let's hope pretty priti, does not send me to Rwanda............. Or collude with buhari to put me in a crate, and send me to Nigeria, via stansted airport .............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:14am On Jul 26, 2022
Yep, you right and spot on. Thanks for highlighting this. It's one of the golden gems.
What I think I picked up from from the report is that pockets are here and there at local trust level or at best regional. However, the recommendation seemly suggesting taking it heads on, formalising it at national level (hence attempting roping Home Office in!).
Two extracts below (PS: too many to copy here)
Flexible working: [Recommendations]
89. Whilst we welcome changes made to the NHS contract that give every NHS worker a “day one” right to request flexible working, it is clear that this has been insufficient to make flexible working a daily reality in the NHS. No NHS employee should be choosing to locum or work for an agency to regain control over their working life. The NHS must commit to a review of flexible working arrangements in all Trusts, with a view to ensuring that within 12 months all NHS staff have similar flexibilities in their working arrangements to those enjoyed by locum or agency staff. Reduced or flexible hours must be made available to everyone, but especially those with caring responsibilities or those nearing retirement, and investment should be made in technologies which make home-working or remote consultation possible
International recruitment: Recommendations
72. Many health and social care workers have caring responsibilities, including for adult relatives. The Government must commit to revising the amount of proof that must be provided to bring an adult dependant into the UK through the Sole Responsibility and Adult Dependant visa routes to ensure that it is not acting as a deterrent to the recruitment and retention of health and social care staff.

TheGuyFromHR:
I thought the bolded was already a reality in terms of the NHS staff bank. I know some students who are on the bank and it basically works like agency staff in terms of you show up when you like, and still get NHS salary, blue light card and pension rights. I stand to be corrected though.
Hopefully, they take that finding to the logical conclusion for all roles. ..., lots of admin roles can be properly staffed for a change, even on shift bases (no need for doctors to be writing discharge summaries, for instance, save their time for real work, etc.).
All in all you are right when you point out that health and social care is a growth industry here, and many of the recent incomers would actually be well served in taking up training and other opportunities to stay in or enter that area, as it's almost a sure thing to eventually secure status.
semmyk:
... ...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by topellycategory: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2022
Nawa 4 u ooh. We know say you get Pali pupa. The matter wey people don Bury na hin you still dey use style dey resurface I bow for you ooh.
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 9:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Welcome to capitalism if it happens.

Do you want it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 10:08am On Jul 26, 2022
Acting as Lexusgs430 PA for 5mins, do WhatsApp or DM @Lexusgs430 directly smiley grin smiley
Oops. My time is up.
[Disclaimer: only collated past posts]
Lexusgs430:
Send a WhatsApp message......
Lexusgs430:

Slide into my DM ...... grin
Lexusgs430:
For us IPTV lovers, got a very good IPTV deal...
Under $30 per year + firestick not even required......
All channels open eyes like okpomiliki......... wink
philipomoraka:

Abeg oga Lexusgs430 and co, make Una help me with update o, na now I dey know about this mata o, I have installed nanomid and can’t get a good playlist to use on it yet, abeg make Una help
Chriswazo:
Bro how can I go about getting this on my smart tv

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.