Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183797 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Before Brexit NHS was understaffed, After Brexit, same situation and this tide would continue till Infinity.........

NHS was understaffed in 1970, I bet it was understaffed before 1970....... So you see, it's impossible to fully staff the NHS .........

Well, just gotta live with it then.. Or go private..

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2022
hustla:

smiley

Going private, you still get dealt with by NHS staffs....... You cannot avoid the NHS .......... wink

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2022
KOVIC19COVID20:
Hello People,
Due to unforseen circumstances totally beyond my control, I need to urgently book a flight to Abuja.

I intend to take EgyptAir on my return journey.

Egypt Air appears to be the most budget-friendly option (Yes, I am really tight and ££ and infact, If there were to be cheap STANDING ONLY flights, I no go mind)

If I have a 12-hour lay over in Cairo, will I be given hotel accomodation please?

Anyone with EGYPTAIR experience?
Egypt air gives you hotel and feeding. They will also arrange local transportation. But the layover must be up to 7hrs or so

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2022
Hummmm, l'atọjọ gbọgbọrọ ad infinitum
When 35000 gets filled, seemly another 50k begs to be filled #viciouscycle
... igba lode tan nlo, asiko ni o, ko ṣ'èdá to mọla ...
Lexusgs430:

Before Brexit NHS was understaffed, After Brexit, same situation and this tide would continue till Infinity...
NHS was understaffed in 1970, I bet it was understaffed before 1970 ...
As at today, almost 35000 vacancies......... Tomorrow, it could be more ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:28am On Jul 24, 2022
NHS just like MTN everywhere you go
or like OMO, ... OMO, OMO, super blue OMO, washes brighter and it shows (privately)!!! wink
hustla:
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2022
mex551:
Egypt air gives you hotel and feeding. They will also arrange local transportation. But the layover must be up to 7hrs or so

Had to Google this, it seems true o....... Na wá o ....
EgyptAir dey try o ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Had to Google this, it seems true o....... Na wá o ....
EgyptAir dey try o ........ cheesy
i have used them twice now Better hotel self. Novotel Cairo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Jul 24, 2022
mex551:

Pésin fit sharply visit the pyramid and other tourist spots .......... Hope kidnappers no dey Egypt........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Going private, you still get dealt with by NHS staffs....... You cannot avoid the NHS .......... wink

But it's faster, right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2022
mex551:

shocked

I want o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2022
semmyk:
NHS just like MTN everywhere you go
or like OMO, ... OMO, OMO, super blue OMO, washes brighter and it shows (privately)!!! wink

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2022
hustla:

But it's faster, right?

Qjump....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Qjump....... cheesy

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 10:48am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Pésin fit sharply visit the pyramid and other tourist spots .......... Hope kidnappers no dey Egypt........ cheesy

. Yes. At the airport. You will see the famous Egyptian Mummy. The museum is right there inside the airport. I was there too.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:11am On Jul 24, 2022
DeeOneBangin:
My IPTV people, update your channels. Bb Naija station has been added. grin

Lexusgs430 Ancient Baba! I thank you oooo

do you pay subscription?
Please, can I get the m3u file you are using?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2022
I know it has been discussed here before but I can’t seem to find the thread.
Please what are the tips to getting a car here in the UK, from what year should I be looking at, someone recommended from 2013 and above. What sites can i get credible car sellers, Also how do I calculate the tax I would be paying etc. Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:57am On Jul 24, 2022
mex551:
. Yes. At the airport. You will see the famous Egyptian Mummy. The museum is right there inside the airport. I was there too.

Haba Oga ........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Amarathripple0:
Please what are the tips to getting a car here in the UK, from what year should I be looking at, someone recommended from 2013 and above. What sites can i get credible car sellers, Also how do I calculate the tax I would be paying etc. Thanks in advance
look for ulez complaint in the filter https://www.autotrader.co.uk/cars

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ProfJYK(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Amarathripple0:
Please what are the tips to getting a car here in the UK, Also how do I calculate the tax I would be paying etc. Thanks in advance

for tax, you can manage this one. requires the full Vehicle Reg No:

https://searchvehicle.co.uk/search/?q=gov+uk+road+tax&v=0&category=noneroadtaxgov&mt=p&oq=gov+uk+road+tax&gclid=CjwKCAjw_b6WBhAQEiwAp4HyICMA36A2ofUhPIeOy1OljwtUlruGxyrNr9kLV9Idh9dmDSG2NioEhRoC0FEQAvD_BwE&c=web&gd=SY1003925&stid=19829201

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by James4presh: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
Good afternoon all, any one in uk that has felvin 20 please send to me. I'm in Bradford

Pain is terribly disturbing me, thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by danieldg: 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hi Guys.

Please I need help on how to apply for U.S visa, I'm currently in UK, have a UK study visa.

I want to know how I can apply for the u.s visitor's visa asap. Thankss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Good day all,

Canada finally answered me so I don port.
Officially permanent residents.
Thank you for all the valuable information during my time in the UK .
All the best to all

44 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
James4presh:
Good afternoon all, any one in uk that has felvin 20 please send to me. I'm in Bradford

Pain is terribly disturbing me, thank you

In this situation, best to speak to your GP, so an alternative can be prescribed ........ Felvin 20, got a UK alternative.... Speak to your GP ......

I would not mention the alternative, MJ is watching me ........ cheesy

And if required, place you on repeat prescription........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
canadaishome:
Good day all,

All the best to all

Enjoy the snow and bears ........ No forget us in the trenches....... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Enjoy the snow and bears ........ No forget us in the trenches....... wink
grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
canadaishome:
Good day all,

All the best to all

Canada is finally home

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by topellycategory: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
[Bobo yi ma lo oolong gbogbo Nkan ni eniyan fi N se awada.quote author=Lexusgs430 post=115046079]

In this situation, best to speak to your GP, so an alternative can be prescribed ........ Felvin 20, got a UK alternative.... Speak to your GP ......

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
topellycategory:
[Bobo yi ma lo oolong gbogbo Nkan ni eniyan fi N se awada.quote author=Lexusgs430 post=115046079]

I no take the matter joke nah ........ Serious thoughts, went into my response............ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
I have a question please
A friend didn't declare his sister in his visa application.
Visa application is still in progress
How can he rectify it please? And will it have any major impact later if it's not fixed?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yemstico: 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Good evening great people of God. May God bless you and bless your husstles. Please I would like my Sabi people to help Torchlight on this matter as I be proper jjc.

I am moving to Coventry in 2 weeks time with my family of five on a tier 2 visa. Employer would assist in getting us accommodation while we pay. Please what are those things we should look out for in the rent terms. Is it wise to just pay for one month incase we need to move apartment or just stay put till we have gained a little ground?

Pls can someone who has lived in Coventry say something about the affordable areas and maybe a little advice as per settling down with family. Opening account, registering with GP etc.

I would have really loved if there is a little Coventry community one can familiarise with as it may be somewhat lonely in a new environment.

Thank you great people as you respond to my query.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
hustla:

Canada is finally home

It truly is wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
yemstico:
Good evening great people of God. May God bless you and bless your husstles. Please I would like my Sabi people to help Torchlight on this matter as I be proper jjc.

I am moving to Coventry in 2 weeks time with my family of five on a tier 2 visa. Employer would assist in getting us accommodation while we pay. Please what are those things we should look out for in the rent terms. Is it wise to just pay for one month incase we need to move apartment or just stay put till we have gained a little ground?

Pls can someone who has lived in Coventry say something about the affordable areas and maybe a little advice as per settling down with family. Opening account, registering with GP etc.

I would have really loved if there is a little Coventry community one can familiarise with as it may be somewhat lonely in a new environment.

Thank you great people as you respond to my query.

I just remembered...... Search for Oluomo of Derby on twitter, he got a UK group of over 6000 mostly UK based Nigerian's.......

You are bound to find plenty people in Coventry, in that twitter community space..........

Use for information only, plenty 419 Nigerian's don port ............. cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.