Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179722 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Maybe Baba think say the way we can raise ₦4000, is equal to the way £4000 can be raised......... cheesy

Abeg do the conversion for am...
Make e for understand how far
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
yemstico:
Good evening great people of God. May God bless you and bless your husstles. Please I would like my Sabi people to help Torchlight on this matter as I be proper jjc.

I am moving to Coventry in 2 weeks time with my family of five on a tier 2 visa. Employer would assist in getting us accommodation while we pay. Please what are those things we should look out for in the rent terms. Is it wise to just pay for one month incase we need to move apartment or just stay put till we have gained a little ground?

Pls can someone who has lived in Coventry say something about the affordable areas and maybe a little advice as per settling down with family. Opening account, registering with GP etc.

I would have really loved if there is a little Coventry community one can familiarise with as it may be somewhat lonely in a new environment.

Thank you great people as you respond to my query.
. Avoid Hillfield Area. I live in Coventry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
yemstico:
Good evening great people of God. May God bless you and bless your husstles. Please I would like my Sabi people to help Torchlight on this matter as I be proper jjc.

I am moving to Coventry in 2 weeks time with my family of five on a tier 2 visa. Employer would assist in getting us accommodation while we pay. Please what are those things we should look out for in the rent terms. Is it wise to just pay for one month incase we need to move apartment or just stay put till we have gained a little ground?

Pls can someone who has lived in Coventry say something about the affordable areas and maybe a little advice as per settling down with family. Opening account, registering with GP etc.

I would have really loved if there is a little Coventry community one can familiarise with as it may be somewhat lonely in a new environment.

Thank you great people as you respond to my query.

You don't have much worry, and I doubt if anyone will ask for rent of more than 1 month as rent is typically monthly. The contract, though, might state you gotta stay for minimum 6 months or 1 year. Since your Employer is getting it for you, that's soft landing. Some of us rocked Airbnb for 2 months before moving to renting. So, I'd say "Be careful with the contract, hope it doesn't bind you for long, and pretty much hope for the best". My first place was Electric Heating and my first Energy bill was £850 cos the Thermostat was on 30°c for the entire month (subsequent months kept dropping till we hit £80 in the Summer without Heating) so watch anything that has to do with heating: Boiler, Radiator, Iron, Cookers, Oven, that's what controls your Energy Bill.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy @embolden nor bi small thing ooo

Lexusgs430:

I just remembered...... Search for Oluomo of Derby on twitter, he got a UK group of over 6000 mostly UK based Nigerian's.......

You are bound to find plenty people in Coventry, in that twitter community space..........

Use for information only, plenty 419 Nigerian's don port ............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
canadaishome:

I have a question please
A friend didn't declare his sister in his visa application.
Visa application is still in progress
How can he rectify it please? And will it have any major impact later if it's not fixed?

Please �
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nellaluv(f): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
Iptv lovers and BBN fans I hope you're enjoying the two BBN channels for the two different houses. Premium package cool grin

Oga Lexusgs430 I thank you oo wink cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yemstico: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Thanks Bro. Il search for him

quote author=Lexusgs430 post=115050314]

I just remembered...... Search for Oluomo of Derby on twitter, he got a UK group of over 6000 mostly UK based Nigerian's.......

You are bound to find plenty people in Coventry, in that twitter community space..........

Use for information only, plenty 419 Nigerian's don port ............. cheesy[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by topellycategory: 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ogbeni Nise lo n waste talenti re awada kerikeri loye ko ma se...
Lexusgs430:

I no take the matter joke nah ........ Serious thoughts, went into my response............ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yemstico: 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
Solumtoya:

You don't have much worry, and I doubt if anyone will ask for rent of more than 1 month as rent is typically monthly. The contract, though, might state you gotta stay for minimum 6 months or 1 year. Since your Employer is getting it for you, that's soft landing. Some of us rocked Airbnb for 2 months before moving to renting. So, I'd say "Be careful with the contract, hope it doesn't bind you for long, and pretty much hope for the best"[b][/b]. My first place was Electric Heating and my first Energy bill was £850 cos the Thermostat was on 30°c for the entire month (subsequent months kept dropping till we hit £80 in the Summer without Heating) so watch anything that has to do with heating: Boiler, Radiator, Iron, Cookers, Oven, that's what controls your Energy Bill.

Thanks @solumtoya for your inputs. Please can you expantiate on the "be careful of the contract...." do you mean the housing contract or the job contract? So I can know how to roll up my sleeves. Do I pick gas heating over electric heating? Thanks allot for your time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yemstico: 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
mex551:
. Avoid Hillfield Area. I live in Coventry

Thanks alot for this information. Out of curiosity, please can you tell me reason why I should avoid Hillfield? Gangsters? Robbery? Do you mind sharing your email? Thanks once again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
haydotzed:

Bro, I had a first hand experience of the dilapidated health system they operate here in UK. My wife just had a baby in UK precisely July 2. Prior to the baby delivery, there has been some health concern as the baby's weight was reducing in the mother's womb; therefore, she was to be induced. The induction date was for 25th of June 2022. We went to the hospital with the hope that they will do the induction that day or the next. To my greatest surprise they put my wife in the ward, started the induction process but intentionally slow down the process because according to them "there were other 16 people who are on induction". It becomes a queue waiting for our turn to be called to delivery unit. 1 day, 2days, 3days... 7thday nothing was done. They were only given her nonsense food, paracetamol and other pain relievers. In between these days I was asking them if anything was wrong, they stated it clearly that they were short staffed and they can only do what could be done. On the 7th day I threatened them with a lawsuit if anything happen to my wife or baby. On that day, they had to transfer us from Manchester Royal hospital to Oldham to take the delivery of the baby. Mind u, they still no transfer her in ambulance ooo, Nah me still carry Uber even with her pain. Spent 9 good days only to take delivery of my child. In Nigeria, I have never experienced childbirth that long except there are serious complications. Their health system needs serious funding if they care to meet the picture they portray to the public.

Did you request a birth debrief and birth notes.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
haydotzed:

Bro, I had a first hand experience of the dilapidated health system they operate here in UK. My wife just had a baby in UK precisely July 2. Prior to the baby delivery, there has been some health concern as the baby's weight was reducing in the mother's womb; therefore, she was to be induced. The induction date was for 25th of June 2022. We went to the hospital with the hope that they will do the induction that day or the next. To my greatest surprise they put my wife in the ward, started the induction process but intentionally slow down the process because according to them "there were other 16 people who are on induction". It becomes a queue waiting for our turn to be called to delivery unit. 1 day, 2days, 3days... 7thday nothing was done. They were only given her nonsense food, paracetamol and other pain relievers. In between these days I was asking them if anything was wrong, they stated it clearly that they were short staffed and they can only do what could be done. On the 7th day I threatened them with a lawsuit if anything happen to my wife or baby. On that day, they had to transfer us from Manchester Royal hospital to Oldham to take the delivery of the baby. Mind u, they still no transfer her in ambulance ooo, Nah me still carry Uber even with her pain. Spent 9 good days only to take delivery of my child. In Nigeria, I have never experienced childbirth that long except there are serious complications. Their health system needs serious funding if they care to meet the picture they portray to the public.
Sue them. They put the life of your wife and baby at risk

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Did you request a birth debrief and birth notes.........
really surprised no ambulance was used for the referral....

.....we de use an ambulance like water.....

...he needs to make a serious complaint if the story he said is true ......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
nellaluv:
Iptv lovers and BBN fans I hope you're enjoying the two BBN channels for the two different houses. Premium package cool grin

Oga Lexusgs430 I thank you oo wink cheesy

When I dey do my research, una think say nah yoke ........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
topellycategory:
Ogbeni Nise lo n waste talenti re awada kerikeri loye ko ma se...

Mo ti miss boat yen ........ Orugbo ara mi ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 11:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
mex551:
look for ulez complaint in the filter https://www.autotrader.co.uk/cars
Thank you so much! Super helpful
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 11:19pm On Jul 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yemstico: 12:04am On Jul 25, 2022
Good evening all. Please house, how does one register for blue card as a carer. How does one also get the Costco membership card. Thank you. Esheun.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OgbeniOptional(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2022
Morning seniors, please are used automatic Vauxhall Corsa or Astra cars any good? Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:20am On Jul 25, 2022
OgbeniOptional:
Morning seniors, please are used automatic Vauxhall Corsa or Astra cars any good? Thanks in advance.

Very good cars, when brand new only (or with manufacturers warranty) ......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:21am On Jul 25, 2022
yemstico:
Good evening all. Please house, how does one register for blue card as a carer. How does one also get the Costco membership card. Thank you. Esheun.

https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/

https://www.costco.co.uk/membership

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OgbeniOptional(m): 12:40am On Jul 25, 2022
Toor, I will pass then. Please can u recommend any automatic used car for about £1,500. That’s how much I budget for it really. I’m also having my theory test tomorrow and I have been getting between 47-50 constantly for a week now in dvla mock test, masted the hazard perception too on the original dvla app and the other one I purchased separately. Any other tips sir? Thanks

Lexusgs430:

Very good cars, when brand new only (or with manufacturers warranty) ......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:46am On Jul 25, 2022
OgbeniOptional:
Toor, I will pass then. Please can u recommend any automatic used car for about £1,500. That’s how much I budget for it really. I’m also having my theory test tomorrow and I have been getting between 47-50 constantly for a week now in dvla mock test, masted the hazard perception too on the original dvla app and the other one I purchased separately. Any other tips sir? Thanks

Ọgbẹni, failure is optional....... You must pass o ..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OgbeniOptional(m): 12:51am On Jul 25, 2022
I pray so oo, please can u recommend auto cars in the range of £1,500? I will appreciate and I’m only checking auto trader and Fb market(friends got this Mazda and one Audi A3 diesel there £100 and £1,500 respectively around January, both auto). If there are other apps or website I can look as well, I will appreciate

Lexusgs430:

Ọgbẹni, failure is optional....... You must pass o ..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 3:26am On Jul 25, 2022
Who has pounds to sell abeg o undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:37am On Jul 25, 2022
OgbeniOptional:
I pray so oo, please can u recommend auto cars in the range of £1,500? I will appreciate and I’m only checking auto trader and Fb market(friends got this Mazda and one Audi A3 diesel there £100 and £1,500 respectively around January, both auto). If there are other apps or website I can look as well, I will appreciate

www.pistonheads.com

www.preloved.co.uk

8 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oggg: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2022
AirBay:
Who has pounds to sell abeg o undecided
i do. You can dm me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:47am On Jul 25, 2022
IPTV lovers, that don't want to watch BBN....... Can watch OWN (Oprah Winfrey network)......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by skarlet: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2022
Please are there any COVID protocols for visiting Naija from UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SapphireFort(f): 9:14am On Jul 25, 2022
Tawak:

Hi, is it possible to book on hold and pay online later?

I think it should be possible
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rubyio: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2022
hustla:

Not easy to raise funds as a student with limited hrs
Either you wait to work well during summer or you come prepared

smiley

Not totally true.

You can do it.

NOTE: Currently studying in UK and I'm doing it. So, I know what I'm talking about

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.