Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1198618 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by StrikeBack(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:
It looks like our £20 IPTV can't cope on match days ......

The £100 IPTV is coping well on match days ....... If we love to watch EPL, that might be an option...... Streams in 4K, but no DSTV .......... wink
it works well but with Express VPN.. you can stream all matches on Bein sport too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Kpele o..... We discussed this transit visa matter a few weeks ago .........

The conclusion we arrived at was, transit visa is now a requirement........

KLM's customer base would dwindle ........

No it won’t. Cracking flight prices compared to BA. We got tickets to travel in October 2 adults and a child for less than £1K. BA was asking for over £2K for the same flight. Klm is the way to go, shame new immigrants are being penalised.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
deept:

To what end is this policy? What are they trying to achieve?

Blame Brexit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by excelchips(m): 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hello House, kindly advise oh. I engaged Council to exempt me from council tax being a student, but they came back saying that I'm exempted but my wife needs to pay and the amount is 1670Pound between now and January 2023. Please, I will like to seek your advice on how to go about this, please oh all/seniors in the house.

Also, I got a letter from Office for National Statistics requesting for interview on Living Costs and Food Survey from the whole household older than 7 years, and they promise to compensate with a 50Pound voucher for adults and a 5Pound voucher for kids above 7 years. I don't know if I should participate because of the aforementioned issue up here. Now I perceived that sharing info might amount to exposing oneself. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Go and feed us back ......... Maybe nah me get problem........ wink
grin grin grin
You know that point when you laugh hard after deciding you won't laugh. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2022
excelchips:
Hello House, kindly advise oh. I engaged Council to exempt me from council tax being a student, but they came back saying that I'm exempted but my wife needs to pay and the amount is 1670Pound between now and January 2023. Please, I will like to seek your advice on how to go about this, please oh all/seniors in the house.
search the thread… If I’m not mistaken, someone wrote earlier of how she contested the situation and got exempted as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ixodes:

read the quote again and this time slowly maybe you can comprehend it this time. I wonder how advising someone to hear both side of a story has become a "judgement".
So pls go and seek out the man then so you can hear/judge the matter squarely.
If the man came to seek advice first, I am hoping you would tell the others same way not to say anything until they hear from the woman?
If yes then that’s good but you went on to say ‘we need to be careful how we advice women o, some women dey craze well well... make young innocent man no go suffer for the abroad’
Again pls get the man and hear his side so his innocent self does not suffer abroad.
And let’s be clear, comprehension has never been a problem to me.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:
It looks like our £20 IPTV can't cope on match days ......

The £100 IPTV is coping well on match days ....... If we love to watch EPL, that might be an option...... Streams in 4K, but no DSTV .......... wink

Our £20 iptv is streaming effortlessly here oooo. I mean the premier league games. The only thing is that during game time, It didn’t work with my broadband (Virgin) I had to use my phone hotspot and it worked fine. I just watched Man U game now tongue, waiting to watch my team (City grin)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2022
Peerielass:

Blame Brexit.

Is it hurting the British? I reckon people will just use alternative airlines, Ethiopian, Emirates, Qatar, Egypt, etc if the wahala becomes too much.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

Our £20 iptv is streaming effortlessly here oooo. I mean the premier league games. The only thing is that during game time, It didn’t work with my broadband (Virgin) I had to use my phone hotspot and it worked fine. I just watched Man U game now tongue, waiting to watch my team (City grin)

Could it be that internet providers are actively blocking the service just before the match ?

StrikeBack:
it works well but with Express VPN.. you can stream all matches on Bein sport too

Perhaps this(VPN) might be a viable solution

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2022
rayralph:

Could it be that internet providers are actively blocking the service just before the match ?

Perhaps this(VPN) might be a viable solution

Perhaps they are.

I tried VPN with my broadband as well and it streamed fine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
dupyshoo:
I used AirFrance recently and they asked for transit visa/British passport. If you see how empty the plane was. We literally had a row per person. Plenty space to stretch legs. My sister had the same experience with Lufthansa.

Qatar airways, Kenya and Ethiopia airways will be smiling to the bank now. Enough customers for them.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
dupyshoo:
Why do you think it is the best interest for the children to go abroad? Most of the time, it is the best interest for children to be with their mothers.
If a man is taking my children abroad without my consent and without full custody, I will do the best to stop him. He should do it the right way.
If you read the fine prints of the story, she does not intend to stop the man from taking the children abroad, she wants to claim back the children after they have reached the abroad. That in itself is not a genuine intention. I would rather she use this as an opportunity to get custody and take the children abroad herself.

That being said, the advise given was not out of place even though the other side of the story has not been heard because it may never be heard.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2022
I agree with your comments. Wanted to ask her why she is willing to wait till she goes abroad before getting her kids back but I got distracted with other things. Was wondering why she would prefer her children to be taken to social services/Foster home which is what might happen at the early stage even if she eventually gets them back.

I also wanted to ask her what kind of visa she too was applying for.

Viruses:

If you read the fine prints of the story, she does not intend to stop the man from taking the children abroad, she wants to claim back the children after they have reached the abroad. That in itself is not a genuine intention. I would rather she use this as an opportunity to get custody and take the children abroad herself.

That being said, the advise given was not out of place even though the other side of the story has not been heard because it may never be heard.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2022
Viruses:

I also asked same question..... Using the quote 'horse & cart ' .......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2022
tshoboy:

Is that asus a mobile monitor? And how much if you are selling that alone?

Nah.

ASUS Laptop: £260
Lenovo monitor: £40
Laptop Bag: £10
Wireless mouse: £5
pTrons Bassbuds Bluetooth headset: £9
Iphone XR: £220

All pretty much brand new except the iPhone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Afolawale: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hi Anessi, I’m also planning going to Suffolk this September, can we connect ??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Afolawale: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
Anessi:

Hi Ticha, please do you live in Ipswich? Or by any chance, know any Nigerians living there that you can connect me with? I have some enquires to make.

I’m also planning to go to Suffolk this September
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustbin007: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
HondaLover:

To be honest with you there's not much you can do to hold it, not like you want to pay the month's rent without actually staying? Except move in date is stated as a months time. Been on the accommodation drama myself, E no easy o.....
It's advisable you visit the property yourself to view what you're getting yourself into, pictures are deceptive(if you can get someone to do that on your behalf, it's fine.....but no landlord or agency will rent out any property without any background or credit check)

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustbin007: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
Heathrow44:

re u going as a student or skilled immigrant or dependent visa

Skilled
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
dustbin007:

Skilled

what skill do u av
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 9:34pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I also asked same question..... Using the quote 'horse & cart ' .......

It is possible she does not know that both parents consents are needed to process travelling documents for minors. That way she'll think her last resort was to continue the custody battle abroad

@OP if you're seeing this, your consent is needed to process travelling documents for your children, if you were not contacted for this purpose; it is safe to assume that forgery or misrepresentation has happened. If your strategy is really to allow the children travel...maybe you can still chase the case abroad too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2022
Viruses:

It is possible she does not know that both parents consents are needed to process travelling documents for minors. That way she'll think her last resort was to continue the custody battle abroad

@OP if you're seeing this, your consent is needed to process travelling documents for your children, if you were not contacted for this purpose; it is safe to assume that forgery or misrepresentation has happened. If your strategy is really to allow the children travel...maybe you can still chase the case abroad too.

I hope this her story is not tales by moonlight........ OP never returned for clarifications ........... cheesy

She gone mute on us .......... wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Anessi: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
Afolawale:
Hi Anessi, I’m also planning going to Suffolk this September, can we connect ??

Hi. I already replied your mail.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 1:43am On Aug 08, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Thanks a lot. Your Moneysupermarket suggestion gave me the best quotes. I got lower quotes when I put in that I have a provisional license instead. This slashed the prices significantly; over half the initial price I was getting. Thanks again.
You're welcome.
Show us way oo grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 2:31am On Aug 08, 2022
Trex12:
Hello guys. my trip to Europe by my company will will definitely coincide with my UK Visa application. i was advised to do keep my passport at TLS but when i may be asked to return the passport may be when i am to leave for Europe. The two dates are clashing. . gave a good story and my boss said the trip can be postponed by a week which will still not work for me. How do i politely tell my boss to exempt me from the trip without raising eyebrows. my UK japasynthesis is a secret from the company.

You can return the passport late to the UK embassy. There's a timeline of 30 days to return it if you do kmp

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HaneefahRN(f): 6:13am On Aug 08, 2022
giselle237:

So pls go and seek out the man then so you can hear/judge the matter squarely.
If the man came to seek advice first, I am hoping you would tell the others same way not to say anything until they hear from the woman?
If yes then that’s good but you went on to say ‘we need to be careful how we advice women o, some women dey craze well well... make young innocent man no go suffer for the abroad’
Again pls get the man and hear his side so his innocent self does not suffer abroad.
And let’s be clear, comprehension has never been a problem to me.

Imagine, a man trying to travel with kids without the mother's consent being called 'innocent '. Innocent indeed
I don't think the woman has anything really worry about though since she met them at biometrics, not at airport, lol. Most times such visa applications will not be granted till they have excess proof both parents consented and that the man has sole custody.
Unless he has perfected forgery, he will still come back begging.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2022
Advision:

On the home.gov.uk webiste, you'll find a list of companies with sponsorship license. You may be surprise to find quite a few outside the big4 and healthcare also have these license.

Spread your net and be persistent. All the best
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2022
tshoboy:

Don’t limit your application to Big4s try smaller firms too. Most of them now sponsor. Don’t get tired of rejection emails either, try different locations, change your emails (might kee getting rejected at other locations of it had been rejected previously).

Ensure your CV is tailored to the JDs ie key words in JD should be in your CV.

LinkedIn is also a good place to search. Post to your LinkedIn in once in a while. I notice number of recruiters that message me increased anytime I make a new post.

All the best.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 10:50am On Aug 08, 2022
Thanks Lexus, I get the point.
But sharing apartment is not an option cos it's for a couple. That central london go choke o.
Lexusgs430:

To be honest none ........ Affordable is a subjective term ........

If you work in central london, you don't want to live too far..... So when you leave for work, you save £'s, but loose time, only for saved £'s to be consumed by transport fare ....... grin

Ideally, you might pay higher rent, but save money on transport....... You might even be able to cycle to work .......

So, the ultimate choice is yours........ Your best bet might be sharing an apartment, with a colleague.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.