Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179496 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2022
missjekyll:

Lmfao. I actually stumbled on the Margate Soul Festival today. We were side by side with Ghana. Omo Ghana speaker na one in town.
Our speaker whether na iPhone own I no know. The songs nko? I no hear Buga for once. Haba. No one was dancing. Worst of all no jellof rice. Hian.
Lexus is this a yearly thing? Next year I go hire that Jamaican speaker. Omo I could hear it from the station.

It's the heat before the main carnival........ You chop Jamaican goat BBQ special........... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

But nah only 6 years, e go comot nah ......... wink
Thank you bros

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It's the heat before the main carnival........ You chop Jamaican goat BBQ special........... wink

Wow. Na im be say I go block margate again tomorrow. If dis one na dry run, I wonder as main one go be. Reminds me of calabar dry runs before main carnival. Lol.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If he decides not to speak with her, whilst she is awaiting him picking up his call, visa is issued and children are already moved out ............. grin

She arrives UK too, she tracks her children etc etc etc

Matter don turn police case and social services......... wink

He is likely to be questioned at POE and whatever he tells the immigration officer will be used against him when police gets involved

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately, the man is not available to air his version.......... Abi you have his number.......... cheesy

It's time for both of them to sit and discuss..........

Even the ugliest pancake, still got two sides.......... wink
You need to give comedy a shot.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2022
missjekyll:

Wow. Na im be say I go block margate again tomorrow. If dis one na dry run, I wonder as main one go be. Reminds me of calabar dry runs before main carnival. Lol.

I have a passion for Margate......... My foster mum wey almost thief us from our mama hand, lived at Garlinge..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Thank you bros

I trust you, Bros ...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Anessi: 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2022
Ticha:

No I don't live in Ipswich. I used to work across Norfolk and Suffolk hence knowing those areas well.

Oh! Thank you very much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MJ01: 5:07am On Aug 07, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:30am On Aug 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Organised by your Oluomo of Derby crew. The self acclaimed president of Nigerian's in the UK ......... grin wink

Ever been to the Nigerian section of the Notting Hill Carnival.............

I would rather stay home and watch paint dry ......... wink
Someone has to take the responsibility to organise. How will you change them if you don't join them. This is part of why Nigeria has some of the problems it has today, the good ones will rather stay home and casts blames rather than take active part.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:31am On Aug 07, 2022
Viruses:

Someone has to take the responsibility to organise. How will you change them if you don't join them. This is part of why Nigeria has some of the problems it has today, the good ones will rather stay home and casts blames rather than take active part.

The good one's are not yet born .............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2022
So because the man has not come here to ask for advice, he should not advise the woman that came here to ask for advice?
Kindly contact the man to come and post here so we can hear his side of the story.

If the man has full custody, then no amount of advice can stop him. It is only if he is doing the wrong thing that the advice will stop him.

Ixodes:

Baba careful how u advice women o, some women dey craze well well... I know your intentions are pure but you need hear both side of relationship story o. make young innocent man no go suffer for the abroad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:41am On Aug 07, 2022
MJ01:
My mom's KLM flight was cancelled because of Schengen visa requirement.

If you don't have KLM requirements make sure you cancel before flight date because they will neither reschedule nor refund you. They will count it as no show.

Their agents were really not challant, mean, didn't mention that until check-in. The flight was overbooked I guess that's why they tried to cut off as many passengers as possible.

They promised to reschedule the flight but later said it'd be treated as NO-SHOW. Two plane tickets down the drain in this economy.

Kpele o..... We discussed this transit visa matter a few weeks ago .........

The conclusion we arrived at was, transit visa is now a requirement........

KLM's customer base would dwindle ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:43am On Aug 07, 2022
dupyshoo:
So because the man has not come here to ask for advice, he should not advise the woman that came here to ask for advice?
Kindly contact the man to come and post here so we can hear his side of the story.

If the man has full custody, then no amount of advice can stop him. It is only if he is doing the wrong thing that the advice will stop him.

Come collect my free Budweiser bottle........ It's now attained mortuary standards............

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 7:44am On Aug 07, 2022
Why do you think it is the best interest for the children to go abroad? Most of the time, it is the best interest for children to be with their mothers.
If a man is taking my children abroad without my consent and without full custody, I will do the best to stop him. He should do it the right way.
abuhusna1:

Both party should not be selfish in this matter. The better future of the children is better than their egoistic battle. They need to reach compromise without washing their linen in public in this matter else the children might never make it abroad again without both parents involved

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2022
Hehehe!! Ayam on my way. grin
Lexusgs430:

Come collect my free Budweiser bottle........ It's now attained mortuary standards............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ixodes(m): 7:47am On Aug 07, 2022
dupyshoo:

No you are wrong...you don't give relationship advice without knowing the root cause. You will be causing more harm unknowingly. you really do not know what's good for the children.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 7:50am On Aug 07, 2022
I used AirFrance recently and they asked for transit visa/British passport. If you see how empty the plane was. We literally had a row per person. Plenty space to stretch legs. My sister had the same experience with Lufthansa.

Lexusgs430:

Kpele o..... We discussed this transit visa matter s few weeks ago .........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2022
Someone came here to seek advice that the father of her children has plans to take her children abroad without her consent and you said she should not be given advice because women can be bad. You are the one that is wrong here!! If we have been waiting for second side of the story, we will not be advising people on this forum.

Like I said earlier, if the guy has full custody, no amount of advice will stop him. Is that wrong too?

I don't see anything wrong in the advice that was given to her. It is for the court to decide.

Ixodes:

No you are wrong...you don't give relationship advice without knowing the root cause. You will be causing more harm unknowingly. you really do not know what's good for the children.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:08am On Aug 07, 2022
dupyshoo:
Someone came here to seek advice that the father of her children has plans to take her children abroad without her consent and you said she should not be given advice because women can be bad. You are the one that is wrong here!! If we have been waiting for second side of the story, we will not be advising people on this forum.

Like I said earlier, if the guy has full custody, no amount of advice will stop him. Is that wrong too?

I don't see anything wrong in the advice that was given to her. It is for the court to decide.

Just interpolate this narrative to someone suffering domestic violence.......... They would keep waiting for the second side of the story........ Till someone is killed .........

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 8:26am On Aug 07, 2022
I agree!! The children might even be going through hell while with their father. I am not saying they are as there are loads of brilliant fathers out there. This can also happen when a woman gain custody. We have seen stories recently of children killed by their step mothers/fathers.

I am always an advocate of children having access to both parents even while the parents are separated except if violence is involved. Even if parents are bitter towards each other, the children should not be used as a weapon to fight the other party.

Lexusgs430:

Just interpolate this narrative to someone suffering domestic violence.......... They would keep waiting for the second side of the story........ Till someone is killed .........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Aug 07, 2022
dupyshoo:
I agree!! The children might even be going through hell while with their father. I am not saying they are as there are loads of brilliant fathers out there. This can also happen when a woman gain custody. We have seen stories recently of children killed by their step mothers/fathers.

I am always an advocate of children having access to both parents even while the parents are separated except if violence is involved. Even if parents are bitter towards each other, the children should not be used as a weapon to fight the other party.

Since OP claimed a custody battle still lays ahead. .. ..... Their father got no right to sneak them abroad .......

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:05am On Aug 07, 2022
In #law, there's the concept of prima facie and substantive matter at hand. In #mediation, however, there's the concept of gold.
I'll leave it there and comments further on those basis.
Suffice to say, from what has been presented thus far, there's a commonality in having the children in the YouKay, albeit not mutually agreed logistically.
Meanwhile maybe for now, wetin be that thing Bisade Ologunde oops Lagbaja talk ... coolu coolu temper ...
Oh, dat one by most elder Obey for us to strive to obey ... ija ọkọ pẹlu aya, aiye ẹ ma ma dasi ... But then as Lexusgs430 cautioned not when GBV is evident (by the way husbands also faces physical GBV!)
dupyshoo:
... I am not saying they are as there are loads of brilliant fathers out there. This can also happen when a woman gain custody.
Ixodes:
you don't give relationship advice without knowing the root cause. You will {Semmyk:} may be causing more harm unknowingly. you really do not know what's good for the children.
Lexusgs430:
Just interpolate this narrative to someone {Semmyk: woman or man} suffering domestic violence.......... They would keep waiting for the second side of the story........ Till someone is killed
semmyk:
Maybe plan fly reach cloud, come dey 'cybernate'
Make me reserve the chikini legal knowledge I dey manage
Lexusgs430:
WOW ........ What a coincidence......... Now wey una don see eyeball2eyeball....... That his plan, don jump inside ocean.........
... ...
You don't want to stop your children from travelling, but once they arrive the UK, you want to collect them?
The horse must always go ahead of the cart ..........
ekcfele:
Please I need help and advice on what to do.
I am traveling to the UK, when I went for biometrics I saw my husband with two of my children that are minor at the TLC CENTER they also came for their biometrics.
We have been in custody battle in Nigeria and no decision has been made in court.
... ...
I NEED advice on how to get my children whilst in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Kpele o..... We discussed this transit visa matter a few weeks ago .........

To what end is this policy? What are they trying to achieve?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ixodes(m): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2022
semmyk:
In #law, there's the concept of prima facie and substantive matter at hand. In #mediation, however, there's the concept of gold.
Suffice to say, from what has been presented thus far, there's a commonality in having the children in the YouKay, albeit not mutually agreed logistically.
Meanwhile maybe for now, wetin be that thing Bisade Ologunde oops Lagbaja talk ... coolu coolu temper ...
Oh, dat one by most elder Obey for us to strive to obey ... ija ọkọ pẹlu aya, aiye ẹ ma ma dasi ... But then as Lexusgs430 cautioned not when GBV is evident (by the way husbands also faces physical GBV!)

correct man, the bolded is the basis of my initial comment.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:57am On Aug 07, 2022
semmyk:

Kotu posu mẹta....... Akpari o ....... Are you saying OP would not mind been a second wife ........ Abi you read say the oga don marry another youkay wife ......... cheesy

DV is faceless......... Women are equally guilty of bashing their husband's (may my one and only wife not bash me o) ......... grin

May me too never bash her o ....... Her skin is too silky smooth, to be bashed.......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:02am On Aug 07, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lexusgs430:

Kotu posu mẹta....... Akpari o ....... Are you saying OP would not mind been a second wife ........ Abi you read say the oga don marry another youkay wife ......... cheesy

DV is faceless......... Women are equally guilty of bashing their husband's (may my one and only wife not bash me o) ......... grin

May me too never bash her o ....... Her skin is too silky smooth, to be bashed.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Advision: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2022
Poanan:
Good afternoon everyone. Please how can someone get a job here after school. I tried applying for jobs in pwc but got rejection mails after i got a mail to answer diversity and inclusion questions.

Abeg elders how do we go about it. Cos the skill set on my cv in my opinion is same as the jobs advertised.

I have experience of 7yrs. Out of this 7yrs i worked 2yrs in audit.

@TheguyinHR and others abeg. Responses are highly appreciated.

On the home.gov.uk webiste, you'll find a list of companies with sponsorship license. You may be surprise to find quite a few outside the big4 and healthcare also have these license.

Spread your net and be persistent. All the best

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello everyone, please I’m currently searching for accommodation for me in leeds, if you have a place please send me a PM, my budget is 450pcm.

I’ve been searching on zoopla, spare rooms, right move but nothing yet and I’m getting frustrated, it’s either they want an home owner guarantor, no student allowed or my messages go unanswered.

Im tired and really need help please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
@mamatukwas... I sent email request.
How the shipping venture dey go? grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2022
Solumtoya:
I'm selling some new work gadgets. I got them brand new and used them barely before I changed jobs and got new ones. Can sell them all for £300, they're basic specifications that can get office job done without issues. Basically brand new.
Is that asus a mobile monitor? And how much if you are selling that alone?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2022
Poanan:
Good afternoon everyone. Please how can someone get a job here after school. I tried applying for jobs in pwc but got rejection mails after i got a mail to answer diversity and inclusion questions.

Abeg elders how do we go about it. Cos the skill set on my cv in my opinion is same as the jobs advertised.

I have experience of 7yrs. Out of this 7yrs i worked 2yrs in audit.

@TheguyinHR and others abeg. Responses are highly appreciated.
Don’t limit your application to Big4s try smaller firms too. Most of them now sponsor. Don’t get tired of rejection emails either, try different locations, change your emails (might kee getting rejected at other locations of it had been rejected previously).

Ensure your CV is tailored to the JDs ie key words in JD should be in your CV.

LinkedIn is also a good place to search. Post to your LinkedIn in once in a while. I notice number of recruiters that message me increased anytime I make a new post.

All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.