Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,631 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171335 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You don pass that hurdle......... wink

The trick to passing, is using the same instructor's vehicle for practice and test .........

My driving instructor, told me I was not ready to pass my test, after 4 lessons !!!!!(I shocked him) ......... cheesy

Only 4 Lessons?? You be Legend Baba!

I took about 10 though across the two tests.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
domin8:

Only 4 Lessons?? You be Legend Baba!

I took about 10 though across the two tests.

I had been driving with producers, for over 5 years prior ......

The good old days of ancient technology.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sarhyd(m): 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Naso iptv no work again as game wan start
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sarhyd:
Naso iptv no work again as game wan start

What did you say

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rowon(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
Does a 16 years old required to be vaccinated before traveling to Glasgow ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
domin8:
Afternoon guys,

You guys should help me thank God! I Passed my Practical driving test today with 1 minor! grin on my 2nd Attempt.

My 1st Attempt was Zero minors and 2 serious faults (One for putting the gear in drive instead of reverse when pulling out after parking in bay. As I tapped the accelerator, the car lurched forward and I braked only to realise the examiner also braked too cry - Rookie mistake as I was not used to the instructors car and the Second was for observation not checking blind spot when pulling out from stopping on the left and a car was approaching. - This happened after the parking bay incident and I was already shaken).

To God be the glory! Now to move on to other matters. cheesy

N.B To anyone still practicing for their license be encouraged with this update

Congratulations!!!... Test dates are a headache right now. Were you driving in Nigeria? How many hours of practice did you do here (if you don't mind answering)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2022
Googledrive12:
can we have a small get together of this thread members in same city? Maybe on a weekend this summer, I miss speaking pidgin and looking at my country people faces. This white life no sweet again. Vote for this. Let's connect , share ideas and opportunities. You are free to say I am feeling lonely in this white dominated area. but I am not home( bandit controlled territory) sick. tongue

You must be in Devon. Kent na nonstop olingo. Considered moving? Rent is about same as Exeter.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 12:19am On Aug 06, 2022
jadepinkett:

Congratulations!!!... Test dates are a headache right now. Were you driving in Nigeria? How many hours of practice did you do here (if you don't mind answering)

Thanks a lot!. I dropped this earlier
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nickyyo.drivingtestnow

You can book a test pretty much anywhere and use the app to scan for cancellations and have it autobook for you. Used it for both my tests and it worked fine.

I have been driving in Nigeria for about 15years and everyday in UK for about 10months.

Did about 10hours with driving instructors and countless hours of YouTube and reading the highway code. grin

7 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:51am On Aug 06, 2022
Googledrive12:
can we have a small get together of this thread members in same city? Maybe on a weekend this summer, I miss speaking pidgin and looking at my country people faces. This white life no sweet again. Vote for this. Let's connect , share ideas and opportunities. You are free to say I am feeling lonely in this white dominated area. but I am not home( bandit controlled territory) sick. tongue
There's a hangout for Nigerians in UK on the 27th of August at Southend Beach, Essex.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:04am On Aug 06, 2022
Viruses:

There's a hangout for Nigerians in UK on the 27th of August at Southend Beach, Essex.

Organised by your Oluomo of Derby crew. The self acclaimed president of Nigerian's in the UK ......... grin wink

Ever been to the Nigerian section of the Notting Hill Carnival.............

I would rather stay home and watch paint dry ......... wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 1:05am On Aug 06, 2022
missjekyll:

You must be in Devon. Kent na nonstop olingo. Considered moving? Rent is about same as Exeter.

Breaking news!!!
I am in Rondon grin. How can I move this my life to Kent right now cheesy?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2022
Googledrive12:

Breaking news!!!
I am in Rondon grin. How can I move this my life to Kent right now cheesy?

The wider question....... Does Kent want you ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 1:13am On Aug 06, 2022
Viruses:

@Viruses ati covid please more info on this for me. Or maybe I will just show up like a bouncer that day, pay gate fee, jump in, mingle and dangle then return to London with a big smile of fulfillment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 1:15am On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The wider question....... Does Kent want you ....... grin

Be gone o ye spirit of London in Kent I shall pitch my tent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:42am On Aug 06, 2022
Googledrive12:

Be gone o ye spirit of London in Kent I shall pitch my tent.

Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani........... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:15am On Aug 06, 2022
Car drivers in the UK, be careful.........

That lorry next to you, might be a police trap ........ wink

They record all incidents captured in 4K, so no point arguing.............. wink

2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 4:42am On Aug 06, 2022
STENON:
Agriculture is not part of the subjects in the secondary school curriculum in UK. She can not be qualified for TRCN without an Education degree.

I think she should look at volunteering or working at any Primary school level in Nigeria, then apply for PGDE( Primary) in UK.

Hello Stenon,
My wife has TRCN and also B.edu in Political Science, we are coming to UK and she will be my dependent, any pointer of what to do to key in faster?
Thanks for your time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukaface(f): 6:28am On Aug 06, 2022
Wow
Good thing I stumbled on this thread.

Never knew a group like this existed.

Who wan welcome me laidis?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 6:41am On Aug 06, 2022
missjekyll:

Some of us might just be stuck here (Exeter, Devon) for the next few yrs cry

Thank God say Lexus give me code to dey watch Africa magic yoruba grin. Na wetin I dey use console myself

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:45am On Aug 06, 2022
Please which of the videos on YouTube helped you with the practical driving, I am scheduled for practical test on October 4th…
domin8:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You have no recourse to public funds ........ Council property, is public funds........

When Madam comes, set her loose on the job market..... Or look further than Birmingham for much cheaper accommodation.........

I would have adviced leaving them in Nigeria, but that would be excessively crude and insensitive....... But you don't want them to suffer o ......... Man by himself, can endure ....... With a complete family, e no go easy o .........

Or can't he apply the "staged japaing" in this situation? Let madam come fes, while the kids stay with Grandma at home.

Then him and madam can hustle hard to raise cash that will comfortably bring the kids over.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 6:58am On Aug 06, 2022
Yettiesbiz:
Hello all. My family got there visa in June with the validity commencing from July 20th. They are dependants of a skilled worker. I know skilled workers should resume at work within 28days of receiving visa, does this apply to the dependants please?

Does it really matter when they choose to travel? Thank you

Check their Vignette. It's written there.
Since it commences from July 20th, it would be valid until 18th Oct I think.

So they have from now till Oct 18th to travel to the UK and pick up their BRP.

P.S. That sticker inside their passport is not the "visa" per se, but more like a permission to enter the UK and pick up their residence permit and stay in the UK, for as long a period as the skilled worker visa holder.

Hope this helps?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2022
VMuna:

Or can't he apply the "staged japaing" in this situation? Let madam come fes, while the kids stay with Grandma at home.

Then him and madam can hustle hard to raise cash that will comfortably bring the kids over.

Make we no use all our mouth talk ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by thiagoteres(m): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2022
ukaface:
Wow
Good thing I stumbled on this thread.

Never knew a group like this existed.

Who wan welcome me laidis?

Welcome yourself and feel at home.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Organised by your Oluomo of Derby crew. The self acclaimed president of Nigerian's in the UK ......... grin wink

Ever been to the Nigerian section of the Notting Hill Carnival.............

I would rather stay home and watch paint dry ......... wink

Bros, wait oooo

I'm planning to go this year

Is it that dry?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by saskatoonguy: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2022
Anyone travel to the UK with dependent visa or any UK visa at all through Airfrance in recent time. Do i need Transit visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:09am On Aug 06, 2022
hustla:

Bros, wait oooo

I'm planning to go this year

Is it that dry?

Go and feed us back ......... Maybe nah me get problem........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:10am On Aug 06, 2022
saskatoonguy:
Anyone travel to the UK with dependent visa or any UK visa at all through Airfrance in recent time. Do i need Transit visa?
as long as there is a stopover in the schenghen/eu/eea territory and you hold only a Nigerian passport- yes

Why you dey type in red everywhere?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:21am On Aug 06, 2022
thiagoteres:

Welcome yourself and feel at home.

Haba, where is the love ........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by thiagoteres(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Haba, where is the love ........ wink

Everything na DIY for this side.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rowon(m): 8:47am On Aug 06, 2022
Does a 16 years old required to be vaccinated before traveling to Glasgow ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ekcfele: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2022
Please I need help and advice on what to do.
I am traveling to the UK, when I went for biometrics I saw my husband with two of my children that are minor at the TLC CENTER they also came for their biometrics.

We have been in custody battle in Nigeria and no decision has been made in court.
I am not sure what documents he is using to move the children to the UK.

I WILL also mention that I know where they are going to because I know where his current wife school in the UK.

I NEED advice on how to get my children whilst in the UK.

@justwise, @DisGuy, @lexusgs430 @ekpotek, @Brightingsus, @claremont, @UKmigrant, @dupyshoo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.