Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1193835 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2022
Eddibloc:
I'm sorry sir..I'm just shattered by this mistake. I wish you know how I feel about it..I don't want to go to the airport and not allowed to fly.. I wish I can be assured I can fly from naija without issues..I've not seen or heard anyone do it..I'm sorry if I keep repeating this...I feel terrible
contact UKVI. They are the appropriate people to deal/handle this Sir. Not here. Wish you luck.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Is anyone going for FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022....... We dey find UK 9ja parapò crew ......... grin

Na this year them deh play am?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
Eddibloc:

Thanks alot bro...

But can I travel from naija? Someone suggested I have an affidavit handy..stating clearing that I intend to rectify the issue in the UK, also saying I'm the same person.

I don't know if that would work...

Someone passport has been with ikeja 6 weeks and still counting..this is terrible, I don't know why ECO would make such a grievance mistake..too bad!
Something similar happened to someone I know.
1. Do the Affidavit (though it may not be needed)
2. Send an email to UKVI on the issue stating that you will prefer to rectify the issue in the UK as you already have a flight ticket. Wait for their confirmation, print out the mails (Sent and Received) and you are good to go.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
rayralph:

Settle down in Manchester first, then start attending your local church/mosque. Notify your imam/pastor about your intention to settle down within the next 2 years.

Don’t forget to invite Lexusgs430, Justwise and co as the chairmen on the high table.

Put me in charge of drinks and food.

Happy married life in advance

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Is anyone going for FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022....... We dey find UK 9ja parapò crew ......... grin

exactly what i am planning...hope the stadium tickets sales never finish?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jaymarius(f): 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
Good evening.

Please I need a shared flat in Birmingham Uk. Preferrably close to University of Birmingham. Please I will appreciate of anyone that can send contact to me. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
davide470:
Something similar happened to someone I know.
1. Do the Affidavit (though it may not be needed)
2. Send an email to UKVI on the issue stating that you will prefer to rectify the issue in the UK as you already have a flight ticket. Wait for their confirmation, print out the mails (Sent and Received) and you are good to go.

Thank you so much sir...you don't know how much this comment has relieved the tension in me.

God bless you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hello my sweet friends.

I'll be in london come sept. Some things are confusing me.

1) if a job employs me, lets say virgin for example, and they sponsor me, and i land another job with another employer, can i use the sponsorship of the previous employer to keep working for the new employer? Or the previous employer will revoke their sponsorship?

2) do i need a transit visa to tour the city of doha. I have a layover at doha airport qatar. And its over 7hr layover. I'd like to tour nearby places at the city. I even heard there is a free tour right from the airport. Who has explored this before

3) what's the best network to use that is reliable and fast in terms of internet connection. I dont mind the fee

Thats what i want to ask my friends.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jonwizzy(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2022
Good evening house ....

Please I will be coming to epsom next month...

Please what should I expect,

Job, rent, et al..

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
rayralph:

Settle down in Manchester first, then start attending your local church/mosque. Notify your imam/pastor about your intention to settle down within the next 2 years.

Don’t forget to invite Lexusgs430, Justwise and co as the chairmen on the high table.

Give justwise the chairman position, whilst I play the father of the day role .......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2022
Regex:

Na this year them deh play am?

21/11/22 .......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

21/11/22 .......

Tankio. I go watch am on TV.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
DrObum:

You wan make we keep the babe for airport for you or do you prefer we waybill her when you've arrived?

My Oga grin grin

I want a Naija babe that is already in Manchester o. Slim, 1.75m tall, nice dentition, curvy legs, white eyes, preferably working in one of the big four or the big three or any reputable firm grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
rayralph:

I don't go to church anymore cry

This wasn't the case when I was looking for job o. May God help me

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
grin
WhiteWolfe:

My Oga grin grin

I want a Naija babe that is already in Manchester o. Slim, 1.75m tall, nice dentition, curvy legs, white eyes, preferably working in one of the big four or the big three or any reputable firm grin grin grin.
come with enough malaria medicines grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
mex551:
. What of those local girls were u dey kpa for Naija. U wan leave dem find who get Blue passport. U all have it figured out. Congratulations in advance grin

Lol... The babe no gast get citizenship o

Thank you sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
level10:
I don pass oooooo
After 2 attempts

So you dey my bark Yard?

Which instructor sis you use??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
WhiteWolfe:

Lol... The babe no gast get citizenship o

Thank you sir

If the babe with citizenship, is well proportioned, under 4, scattered dentition, bowlegged, yellow eyes (jaundiced) and a cleaner at one of the big four's........ grin

Are you still game........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If the babe with citizenship, is well proportioned, under 4, scattered dentition, bowlegged, yellow eyes (jaundiced) and a cleaner at one of the big four's........ grin

Are you still game........ cheesy

I'm not game sir grin grin.

I'm not desperate for British Passport
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
eniola1010:
Hello my sweet friends.

I'll be in london come sept. Some things are confusing me.

1) if a job employs me, lets say virgin for example, and they sponsor me, and i land another job with another employer, can i use the sponsorship of the previous employer to keep working for the new employer? Or the previous employer will revoke their sponsorship?

2) do i need a transit visa to tour the city of doha. I have a layover at doha airport qatar. And its over 7hr layover. I'd like to tour nearby places at the city. I even heard there is a free tour right from the airport. Who has explored this before

3) what's the best network to use that is reliable and fast in terms of internet connection. I dont mind the fee

Thats what i want to ask my friends.

1. No you can’t. You need to get a another COS from the new employer.

3. Depends on your location, but I’ll suggest EE
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
WhiteWolfe:

My Oga grin grin

Shey you sabi mould ?

I can provide the clay to build one grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2022
WhiteWolfe:

I'm not game sir grin grin.

I'm not desperate for British Passport

Nah face we dey follow o...... The rest, nah almost the same........... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by congressman101: 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
House abeg help me, my firestick wey i dey use watch supersport match don spoil i need new cheat code in the house for full naija station and supersport stations. HELP!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
Tableau isn't a core tool for business analysis(BA). It's majorly for data analysis(DA). They're often misrepresented.

BA answers the "WHAT" question, dealing with business needs, changes, requirements and documentations.

DA answers the "WHY" question, utilising tools to understand patterns, explain rationales through visualisation.

Amarathripple0:

Nope, Business analysts also use Tableau smiley

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 12:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Nah face we dey follow o...... The rest, nah almost the same........... wink

Hmmn... Let me not derail further sha
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 12:44am On Aug 14, 2022
rayralph:

Shey you sabi mould ?

I can provide the clay to build one grin

I'm an Artist actually. Where make I come collect the clay?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 12:47am On Aug 14, 2022
BAR-CLAYS!

WhiteWolfe:

I'm an Artist actually. Where make I come collect the clay?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mintyx(m): 12:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I recently booked an Airfrance round trip ticket from Heathrow to Nigeria.

I am from Nigeria and I work here in the UK.

The trip is not a direct trip. Airfrance will stop over in France and then to Nigeria. My coming back will be from Nigeria - France - UK.

Do I necessarily need a Schengen airport transit visa for this trip?

I have asked this question to Airfrance but they weren't helpful.

Has anyone travelled to Nigeria from UK via Airfrance recently and did they ask for a transit Schengen visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 1:25am On Aug 14, 2022
lightnlife:
Tableau isn't a core tool for business analysis(BA). It's majorly for data analysis(DA). They're often misrepresented.

BA answers the "WHAT" question, dealing with business needs, changes, requirements and documentations.

DA answers the "WHY" question, utilising tools to understand patterns, explain rationales through visualisation.

Is it used by BA’s or not? I never said it was the main tool. Yes data analysts use it more, It is still useful regardless. Just like learning how to use Excel is equally important. Heck, even some Product Managers use Tableau. Also, you have to understand that the functionalities of what a BA does in different organisations would differ, yes there’s a general description of what BA’s do and what is expected of them. However, the business needs would necessitate the tools used within the organisation.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 5:52am On Aug 14, 2022
Jaymarius:
Good evening.

Please I need a shared flat in Birmingham Uk. Preferrably close to University of Birmingham. Please I will appreciate of anyone that can send contact to me. Thank you.

Nobody will do such. Just go to spareroom.com or gumtree.com to DIY

WhiteWolfe:

My Oga grin grin

all these naija people wey dey price camry don enter this thread grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2022
Solumtoya:

You're in a very tight situation but you will be fine. What I will do: I will write to my school/employer informing them of the challenge and what I intend to do, also write to UKVI and tell them the reason why I don't wanna rectify it in Nigeria. Then, go ahead and travel with it that way and hope no one spots the little error of one letter. This is an audacious journey so I gotta be bold and know my rights. I didn't make the error and it is obviously my name, just a wrong letter, then I pray the plan works.

I'm having a similar issue although mine is a dependant partner of skilled worker visa. sad

08 instead of 09 was written in my day of birth. I would have managed that (then apply for correction of the error upon entry if it happened to be repeated on my BRP), but I just saw that my former passport number is what's written in my vignette, instead of my latest passport number.

I'm just tired. sad

I never knew oyibo would be making typists' errors on something as critical as travel documents.

Someone said I should just travel with the two passports.

So many tales abound of the excessive delays people experienced while waiting for correction of errors made in their vignette. sad

I'm just tired.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by alongetayo: 11:08am On Aug 14, 2022
giselle237:
yes buses(National Express) leave straight from each Terminal to Manchester and other cities.
U can get a ticket ahead to get better prices, give a couple of hours after your landing hour for immigration checks and time to pick up your baggage and locate the coaches.

Appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.