Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171226 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Itsrm(m): 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2022
Josh121:

Please look at everything squarely, cause I know some women pregnancy can be very stressful. It brings out aggressiveness, if this happen it will affect everything you ever want to do here. That been said if you check and it looks tough pls and pls abortion is free in UK. Don’t put stress on yourself that will affect you and your mental health.

Best advice so far

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joyfuljoyful: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2022
I am.
giselle237:
are you the student or your husband is? In the meantime pls take it easy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2022
HELLO SENIORS IN THE HOUSE...

I need your help please...I just collected my passport and I realized there is an error on my Surname on my vignette...A letter was spelt on it as I instead of D.
Please what can I do? will i be able to use it to travel to the Uk?

should I travel to the Uk and correct over there or I try and correct it here.
I'm just scared if there would delay here in naija if I try to do it here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2022
Joyfuljoyful:
I am.
I dnt know how it works for students.. and completing your education at this time but I want you to know that you can not be discriminated against by anyone due to pregnancy. Cheer up
Secondly, you are only legally allowed to contribute 20hrs of work anyway and so your partner should concentrate on getting a job.
Can two work together except they be agreed? No.
Dnt be hard on yourself. All is vanity for one who is alone but you are not, both of you should uplift each other, plan and work together to make this work.
By virtue of pregnancy, you might be more at home and so for these few months he has to carry the family. This would be good as you can save on childcare and look after your other kids and yourself. If he gets a tier 2 sponsorship that’s also fine but dnt feel like the world is coming to an end. .. it is not
With unplanned pregnancies, you are not out of place to be anxious about so many things but pregnancy is here. .. let your husband concentrate on getting a job, while you research about completing your education if possible.. or whatever options out there for you.
Wishing you all the luck that you’ll need!

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2022
Joyfuljoyful:
Thank you for your reply. The issue of getting a job. I dont know how possible it is to get employment now that I am pregnant as I do not want all the pressure on my husband.

I don't even know how to cope with three kids especially here. I'm also worried about child care and expenses. We had plans of working towards a tier 2 but I am so uncertain of somethings at the moment.

Thanks.

You can try applying for remote roles- Call agent, customer service or data entry.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Seyi0T: 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2022
Seyi0T:
Hi all, is there anyone with a room available in a shared apartment in Middlesbrough please respond to me thank you.

Please help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2022
Hi, I need a babe in Manchester o. Nigerian lady ready to settle in less than 2 years, who is also in Manchester. I will be relocating to Manchester in October
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DrObum(m): 12:35am On Aug 13, 2022
WhiteWolfe:
Hi, I need a babe in Manchester o. Nigerian lady ready to settle in less than 2 years, who is also in Manchester. I will be relocating to Manchester in October
You wan make we keep the babe for airport for you or do you prefer we waybill her when you've arrived?

37 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 12:44am On Aug 13, 2022
WhiteWolfe:

Settle down in Manchester first, then start attending your local church/mosque. Notify your imam/pastor about your intention to settle down within the next 2 years.

Don’t forget to invite Lexusgs430, Justwise and co as the chairmen on the high table.

Put me in charge of drinks and food.

Happy married life in advance

21 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2022
WhiteWolfe:
. What of those local girls were u dey kpa for Naija. U wan leave dem find who get Blue passport. U all have it figured out. Congratulations in advance grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2022
Eddibloc:
HELLO SENIORS IN THE HOUSE...

I need your help please...I just collected my passport and I realized there is an error on my Surname. A letter was spelt on it as I instead of D.
Please what can I do? will i be able to use it to travel to the Uk?

should I travel to the Uk and correct over there or I try and correct it here.
I'm just scared if there would delay here in naija if I try to do it here.

Passport with misspelt name is not your passport. Go and correct it before you get into deeper complications that’d require unnecessary explanations and cast doubt on your applications.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2022
kode12:

Passport with misspelt name is not your passport. Go and correct it before you get into deeper complications that’d require unnecessary explanations and cast doubt on your applications.

It's not my passport..my vignette has the issue.. my name was wrongly spelt on it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by alongetayo: 8:37am On Aug 13, 2022
Pls a quick question.

I and my wife are flying into UK through Heathrow, though out destination is Manchester.
Is it possible we get a bus or coach right inside the airport straight to Manchester?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:37am On Aug 13, 2022
Eddibloc:

It's not my passport..my vignette has the issue.. my name was wrongly spelt on it

You said passport at the OP. But the same applies IMHO. Where there’s an option to have it corrected before use, you’re better off in the long term making the corrections immediately.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2022
alongetayo:
Pls a quick question.

I and my wife are flying into UK through Heathrow, though out destination is Manchester.
Is it possible we get a bus or coach right inside the airport straight to Manchester?

Yeah.
https://book.nationalexpress.com/coach/#/choose-journey?journeyType=single&departureStopId=57230&destinationStopId=21131&departureDate=13%2F08%2F2022&departArrive=DepartAfter&outboundTime=08:00&returnDate=13%2F08%2F2022&departArriveReturn=DepartAfter&returnTime=09:00&adults=2&children=0&infants=0&euroAdults=0&euroChildren=0&euroSixtyPlus=0&euroInfants=0&ouiAdults=1&ouiChildren=0&usingCoachCard=false&youngPersonCards=0&seniorCards=0&disabledCards=0&partnerId=NX&campaignId=DEFAULT&request_locale=en

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:51am On Aug 13, 2022
alongetayo:
yes buses(National Express) leave straight from each Terminal to Manchester and other cities.
U can get a ticket ahead to get better prices, give a couple of hours after your landing hour for immigration checks and time to pick up your baggage and locate the coaches.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2022
kode12:

You said passport at the OP. But the same applies IMHO. Where there’s an option to have it corrected before use, you’re better off in the long term making the corrections immediately.

Someone returned and passport has been held back since June..
Is there an alternative to this?

I have already bought my tickets for Sept..this error made by ukvk is so sad for me.

Can I fly using an affidavit from here and rectify it in the UK? Please help me, I feel restless

Cc giselle237
Cc just wise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 9:11am On Aug 13, 2022
Eddibloc:

If it's the vignette, you may be fine. However, try as much as you can to rectify it if possible to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 9:12am On Aug 13, 2022
Eddibloc:

Someone returned and passport has been held back since June..
Is there an alternative to this?

I have already bought my tickets for Sept..this error made by ukvk is so sad for me.

Can I fly using an affidavit from here and rectify it in the UK? Please help me, I feel restless

Cc giselle237
Cc just wise

If you enter the UK, you don't need the vignette for anything again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2022
Solumtoya:

I thought at POE they will match the vignette data with my passport data?

What if they see the error in my Surname? Won't it raise a redflag??

Guys please who has experience in this should help me..I'm restless
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2022
gistbite:

You can try applying for remote roles- Call agent, customer service or data entry.

Joyfuljoyful

Try anywhereworks - its more of customer / product support; someone shared it on this platform some months ago

I got an offer from them around April this year but was bounced when I showed them I am on a student visa angry

Either of you who's the dependant can try it .. and its fully remote but your PC needs to match their requirements

Interview is pretty easy (to me sha) and I shared the questions they asked on Glassdoor

Good luck smiley

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2022
Solumtoya:

As long as you claim to have a valid uk visa.
They would check and refer to it whenever you visit any other country.
So, it's better op rectify the issue before it gets complicated.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2022
onecoder:

The time frame is my issue..

I checked on ukvi website and I was told I can rectify it within 3months of my arrival if I discover there's an error on my vignette..

But then if I discovered it before coming to the UK, I should rectify here.. tike frame to fix it is my issue here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
onecoder:

I agree he should fix it if he can. But no one cares about validating the each letter in an old vignette after you have used it. If you enter UK, you can literally throw away that passport booklet and go get a replacement. I lost my Passport the day I stepped into the UK, I got a replacement. What business do I have with the vignette in the lost passport now?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
Eddibloc:

The time frame is my issue..

I checked on ukvi website and I was told I can rectify it within 3months of my arrival if I discover there's an error on my vignette..

But then if I discovered it before coming to the UK, I should rectify here.. tike frame to fix it is my issue here.

You're in a very tight situation but you will be fine. What I will do: I will write to my school/employer informing them of the challenge and what I intend to do, also write to UKVI and tell them the reason why I don't wanna rectify it in Nigeria. Then, go ahead and travel with it that way and hope no one spots the little error of one letter. This is an audacious journey so I gotta be bold and know my rights. I didn't make the error and it is obviously my name, just a wrong letter, then I pray the plan works.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2022
Is anyone going for FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022....... We dey find UK 9ja parapò crew ......... grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2022
DrObum:

You wan make we keep the babe for airport for you or do you prefer we waybill her when you've arrived?
grin grin grin grin I can't stop laughing...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Is anyone going for FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022....... We dey find UK 9ja parapò crew ......... grin

Would love to, but heard it’s sold out and insanely expensive.

Are you aware of any available parapo package?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
icon8:

Would love to, but heard it’s sold out and insanely expensive.

Are you aware of any available parapo package?

No packages o..... Nah individualised bookings........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
Solumtoya:

You're in a very tight situation but you will be fine. What I will do: I will write to my school/employer informing them of the challenge and what I intend to do, also write to UKVI and tell them the reason why I don't wanna rectify it in Nigeria. Then, go ahead and travel with it that way and hope no one spots the little error of one letter. This is an audacious journey so I gotta be bold and know my rights. I didn't make the error and it is obviously my name, just a wrong letter, then I pray the plan works.

Thanks alot bro...

But can I travel from naija? Someone suggested I have an affidavit handy..stating clearing that I intend to rectify the issue in the UK, also saying I'm the same person.

I don't know if that would work...

Someone passport has been with ikeja 6 weeks and still counting..this is terrible, I don't know why ECO would make such a grievance mistake..too bad!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2022
People have answered you already on this thread and everywhere else you have posted. It is not your fault.. fault is from them and can be corrected when you get to the UK.. you are not the 1st person. I dnt know what you want to hear again sir

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eddibloc(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
giselle237:
People have answered you already on this thread and everywhere else you have posted. It is not your fault.. fault is from them and can be corrected when you get to the UK.. you are not the 1st person. I dnt know what you want to hear again sir

I'm sorry sir..I'm just shattered by this mistake. I wish you know how I feel about it..

I don't want to go to the airport and not allowed to fly.. I wish I can be assured I can fly from naija without issues..

I've not seen or heard anyone do it..

I'm sorry if I keep repeating this...I feel terrible

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.