Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176983 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Odenigbo25(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
justwise:

I guess the question here is... did plagiarism? Did you copy and paste without summarising and referencing it?

Always use turnitin to check ur assignments before submitting. Make sure it’s green . Good luck � mate lol �

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Agbekehorla(f): 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2022
LagosismyHome:

No rules...it down to personal choices. Many are even abandoning school and going to tier 2... but I feel its a trap to keep people in minimum wage for 5 years all for paper

Is it possible to do this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Timitempah: 12:06am On Aug 27, 2022
seunoj:

U can switch your visa anytime. Infact, the earlier the better as ur 5years start counting when u switch.

Not sure about this. Once u switch, u can discuss with school on the way forward. Or discuss before the switch. This area get as e be.

Yes. You need pOF £1,270 (30 days) except ur employer indicates that they are providing financial support in your cos.

Healthcare worker visa do not pay ihs. You can check your status on the gov.uk site. It will simulate the cost of ihs (if any) for ur visa category.

Thanks for the kind information. Please lastly do I need to do a TB test?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 3:11am On Aug 27, 2022
Timitempah:

Thanks for the kind information. Please lastly do I need to do a TB test?

I assume you are in the uk already. Nothing like that.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 8:56am On Aug 27, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Try and find a way to insert yourself, even if it's at the periphery and work your way to where you can.
Areas like information governance and privacy, data protection, moving on to DPO (not Nigeria police o), you could then segue into infosec at some level, maybe.
I write some JDs and the pay is good for those areas, even though they're not considered pure IT/tech roles.

Not everyone can do pure tech, we all have different abilities, for instance, I can barely count, hate Excel with a passion (still learning that program after all these years), and don't even know how I managed to get through training school when I got my bank job. Payroll stuff gives me nightmares when the spreadsheets land in my inbox.

The areas I mentioned above are for people like me who are most comfortable dealing with words, not numbers. I function best when dealing with policies, firing off emails and answering the sometimes inane queries from employees (HR here is in many ways not very different from it is in Naija, sometimes employees bring the craziest kinds of stuff to us). You see what you can do to upskill in an area you can manage. You might be surprised to find there's something within your abilities that will fetch you the figures you named above.

This is me, I currently work in hr&admin here in Nigeria and I love and enjoy my work so much but I’ve heard hr job in the uk are not there for foreigners, it’s quite wild because now I’m thinking of a different career path wen I land in the uk with my student visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:
After enjoying my wimpy burger, a thought crossed my mind .......... cheesy

UK residents, I hope you're all aware your energy bills (gas & electricity)...... Would be going up by 85% in sept/oct.........

Your energy bills are going up to £4500.00 per annum.......

What are your coping mechanisms, assuming the government does nothing in way of support........ wink

We'll eventually learn how to live like the oyibo man was living before central heating came in the 70s and 80s, when people were doing coal fire in one room then off to bed. Jumpers, jumpers, thick blankets, thick blankets, wool coats, etc.

After all, apart from some parts of Scotland, the UK isn't really a cold country any more, thanks to global warming.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

We'll eventually learn how to live like the oyibo man was living before central heating came in the 70s and 80s, when people were doing coal fire in one room then off to bed. Jumpers, jumpers, thick blankets, thick blankets, wool coats, etc.

After all, apart from some parts of Scotland, the UK isn't really a cold country any more, thanks to global warming.

We shall be having many high cost of living babies....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:

We shall be having many high cost of living babies....... grin

When EDF has finished direct debiting 2/3rds of someone's monthly salary, all their libido will vanish. wink
No high-cost of living babies will appear, there was no lockdown baby boom either. Unless there was an abortion boom, probably, but in any case, pregnancies and live births during the last two years remained broadly the same. Reality is hard to avoid these days o.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
House,

So I bought goods from a Company. Business transaction. Items over £500+ were not delivered. We found out and asked for a refund for items not delivered. Total transaction was much larger but they delivered the rest.

It’s been over 3 weeks now and the contact guy keeps posting me. Every week he promises to do a refund still no show. What’s the fastest way to get my money out please.

It’s an Indian run company if it helps and payment was made via bank transfer not PayPal so I can’t even use the PayPal route.

I’m getting pissed. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
Mamatukwas:
House,

So I bought goods from a Company. Business transaction. Items over £500+ were not delivered. We found out and asked for a refund for items not delivered. Total transaction was much larger but they delivered the rest.

It’s been over 3 weeks now and the contact guy keeps posting me. Every week he promises to do a refund still no show. What’s the fastest way to get my money out please.

It’s an Indian run company if it helps and payment was made via bank transfer not PayPal so I can’t even use the PayPal route.

I’m getting pissed. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Appeal to his good conscience.......... If this fails, and business is traceable...... Small claims court......

Bank transfer is simply a NO - NO........

NB: The importance of credit card payments.........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

When EDF has finished direct debiting 2/3rds of someone's monthly salary, all their libido will vanish. wink
No high-cost of living babies will appear, there was no lockdown baby boom either. Unless there was an abortion boom, probably, but in any case, pregnancies and live births during the last two years remained broadly the same. Reality is hard to avoid these days o.

How come Nigeria is overpopulated, despite been ravaged by poverty.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2022
Please I wanted to confirm if it was okay to claim 12 months stay in uk from Sep 1 (i entered on the 28th of Sep).

The visa application page only asked of month and year of entry and no specific date.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
CheesyTee:
Please I wanted to confirm if it was okay to claim 12 months stay in uk from Sep 1 (i entered on the 28th of Sep).

The visa application page only asked of month and year of entry and no specific date.

Thank you.

September to August is a calendar year, if there is no provision for stating the specific dates.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
icon8:

September to August is a calendar year, if there is no provision for stating the specific dates.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2022
Possibly, take a second look at posts on page 476
semmyk:
... Tier 2 ...
Timitempah:
My question is on switching from tier 4 student visa to skilled worker visa (health and care worker visa).
- Can I switch my visa from tier 4 to tier 2 without completing my course?
- Do I have to complete my first year fees or all my fees before applying for this visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sunlade: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
Good Evening all.. Please can I get help with shared apartment at University of Kent Canterbury?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
James4presh:
Hi everyone, please I have serious issue, I am being accused of plagiarism and I have been give zero mark for the course work, please I will like to know if I will be given two year sponsorship visa, this is my first semester.

Please advice on what to do, they say that I can appeal.

Thank you.
I sent u a DM
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
James4presh:
Hi everyone, please I have serious issue, I am being accused of plagiarism and I have been give zero mark for the course work, please I will like to know if I will be given two year sponsorship visa, this is my first semester.

Thank you.

Did you use those assignment devil sites ......... If you did, this matter was extensively discussed, many pages back.........

If one sticks to 20 hour's work restrictions, one does not require help to do assignments.........

That rule was put in place, for a reason...... To enable students, study........ cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
I guess if you are able to scale the course on next attempt. Avoid getting caught later on. Subscribe to writing tools like Quilibot, Grammarly etc to help you paraphrase your writing s before submitting through turnitin for final checks. These tools also help give you an insight into your plagiarism score while you write.

James4presh:

Thank you.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2022
Yes you have a contract with your school and if you've passed certain stage with them, you can't avoid not paying up your balance fees. I would've suggested you discuss this with them or an immigration lawyer to get their views. Cos the minute you no longer show up in school, they will withdraw your CAS and terminate your study visa with Home office ...same Home office you will be submitting a tier 2 visa application to.

Timitempah:

Thanks for the kind information. Do I have to pay my fees finish thoe, as I have paid my first year fees finish. Left with my second year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2022
The news is disturbing.

Would it make any difference for prepaid electricity users with already loaded units that can last till year end?

Lexusgs430:
After enjoying my wimpy burger, a thought crossed my mind .......... cheesy

UK residents, I hope you're all aware your energy bills (gas & electricity)...... Would be going up by 85% in sept/oct.........

Your energy bills are going up to £4500.00 per annum.......

What are your coping mechanisms, assuming the government does nothing in way of support........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
lightnlife:
The news is disturbing.

Would it make any difference for prepaid electricity users with already loaded units that can last till year end?

If the price hike happens, pre loaded units would simply be adjusted to reflect changes.........

Let's start buying firewoods and blankets......... I thought my chimney was a decorative item......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2022
ugoonuoha:

How much is priority please? Also what if the person has already done a standard application...can the person withdraw and start afresh? What about the almost £2k Visa application fee?

If you have gone for biometrics already, you won't be refunded. If a decision has already been on your application you can't withdraw either. I'm not sure about paying for priority service if you had already picked standard service.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ugoonuoha: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
ugoonuoha:

Please how do I know if a decision has been reached? I want to withdraw biko....8 weeks and no news yet...no email...nothing. Crazy

I waited 7 months already. Im reapplying next month so i wont have to show POF embarassed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:

How come Nigeria is overpopulated, despite been ravaged by poverty.......... cheesy

Religion.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Appeal to his good conscience.......... If this fails, and business is traceable...... Small claims court......

Bank transfer is simply a NO - NO........

NB: The importance of credit card payments.........

Thank you. They have Made it almost impossible to pay them by anything other than Bank Transfer.

I’ll get my money sha. On it properly. Gracias.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Religion.

Go yé into the world and multiply........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Thank you. They have Made it almost impossible to pay them by anything other than Bank Transfer.

I’ll get my money sha. On it properly. Gracias.

If a business makes it impossible to pay by other means, that offers their customers, any form of reasonable recourse..........

They don't deserve your patronage....... ..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:

This your monthly rolling contract, just brought back a memory....... cheesy

My cousin had a council flat, she fell in love with someone in Nigeria, decided to relocate to Nigeria......

She did not want to return her flat back to the council, so I was offered exclusive status..........

Less than a year of my access to her mansion, she returned back (with her tails between her legs)......
cheesy

She now wanted me out almost immediately, see me see wàhálà........ cheesy

She started to frustrate my life, I could not find any accommodation, within my pocket friendly range....... cheesy

My delightful cousin now derived a mathematical calculation plan..........

She split all the bills into daily rates.......... grin

Cable, landline, gas, water, rent....... Now had a daily rate attached (till I eventually moved out)............... wink

Háà
Them Don run Ẹ̀gbọ́n Street, your own eyes sef Don see shege for this Youkay
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
HondaLover:

Háà
Them Don run Ẹ̀gbọ́n Street, your own eyes sef Don see shege for this Youkay

It was actually a pleasant experience, in comparison to my hostel experience..........

When I entered UK, no where to go..... I called a homeless centre, I was referred to a homeless unit in Hither Green. This homeless unit housed druggies, those homeless people that slept in front of shops etc etc etc.......

I stayed in this unit for almost 6 months......... My eyes too don see something..........

That hostel was about £131 per week........ I was economical with the truth, when I was asked if I was on unemployment benefits........... grin

They kept chasing DSS etc etc , when alarm wan burst, I take off ............ grin

I still have the contract I signed........... It's now looking faded.........

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.