Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170837 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Thank you....I did not know at all now i have to pay 140 pounds

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
ipassu:
Anyone has pounds for sale? I need 2000 pounds urgently. Thanks
Send me a message if you still need
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Odenigbo25(m): 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
CheesyTee:

Mine did not take 24hrs after approval of fund from the Director of Finance to pay for the CoS.

I heard its almost instant.

Brilliant
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Coleridge: 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
aragbaboy:
Please for those that have applied for tier 2 health care visa in the UK switching from tier 4 student visa. How long did it take after biometrics for your tier 2 visa to be ready?

Mine has entered the 7th week, skilled worker visa application, though not for healthcare.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NemB: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2022
Lool some west Africans at uni rushed it.
omopapa:
This sounded funny to me but I’m sure someone will need this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
harwe:
I would expect road's signs to that effect. There were none abi you didn't pay attention?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
harwe:

Call and plead with them that you were not aware ...I think first offense they usually waive. But I don't know of 4 tickets

Similar with dropping at Heathrow , it now comes with a £5 charge and if you don't pay within 3 days it goes to £40. ... so now I rather go the car pack, that way I am forced to remember and pay
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Coleridge:

Mine has entered the 7th week, skilled worker visa application, though not for healthcare.
6-8weeks is what is stated on the site. I quietly used priority £500 and confirmation in day 3 and brp came in by day 5

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Yes i actually called and got the penalty waved. I was just asked to pay the charges that was meant tobe paid and that was done immediately.

LagosismyHome:

Call and plead with them that you were not aware ...I think first offense they usually waive. But I don't know of 4 tickets

Similar with dropping at Heathrow , it now comes 2ith a £5 charge and if you don't pay within 3 days it goes to £40. ... so now I rather go the car pack, that way I am forced to remember and pay

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2022
There is but i did not pay attention to it as reported by the staff i spoke with.

mizGene:

I would expect road's signs to that effect. There were none abi you didn't pay attention?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Coleridge: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2022
seunoj:

6-8weeks is what is stated on the site. I quietly used priority £500 and confirmation in day 3 and brp came in by day 5

In hindsight, I think I made a mistake not using priority. My start date is 5 September and it would be a shame to not start on that date on account of non issuance of visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hmmm….what a great read.
We pin! here
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hey people, I’m looking for recommendations for a firm mattress with proper support.
Mattress buying has turned into a pseudoscience I don’t have the time running from shop to shop.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightofjoy(m): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
I need to buy 2,500 pounds pls. If you have at a good rate let me know. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Godtemi: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
Please guys, I wanted to book a flight using booking.com site. The currency is in USD. Can I use my naira visa or Mastercard for payment?

Or do anyone have experience of booking on booking.com site before?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ilovelearning(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2022
I need to buy 700 pounds pls. If you have at a good rate let me know. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ilovelearning(m): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
ipassu:
Anyone has pounds for sale

Co-asking pls
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ilovelearning(m): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
mizGene:

Send me a message if you still need

Do you still have?

Need £700, what's your rate?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
Godtemi:
Please guys, I wanted to book a flight using booking.com site. The currency is in USD. Can I use my naira visa or Mastercard for payment?

Or do anyone have experience of booking on booking.com site before?

No, you can't. Some Banks may prrmit transactions of $20 or less
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 2:57am On Aug 26, 2022
I have Pounds available for exchange. Send me a mail if interested.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hibiscuslady: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2022
Hello all, please who got a teaching Job in the UK from Nigeria and how did you go about the QTS? What qualification did you use?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2022
Coleridge:

8 weeks was stated in the website just wanted to know if anyone has gotten it earlier.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2022
After enjoying my wimpy burger, a thought crossed my mind .......... cheesy

UK residents, I hope you're all aware your energy bills (gas & electricity)...... Would be going up by 85% in sept/oct.........

Your energy bills are going up to £4500.00 per annum.......

What are your coping mechanisms, assuming the government does nothing in way of support........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adegbitetunji(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
drinking water and insha allah

Lexusgs430:

UK residents, I hope you're all aware your energy bills (gas & electricity)...... Would be going up by 85% in sept/oct.........

What are your coping mechanisms, assuming the government does nothing in way of support........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Heat only when really necessary

Layer up

Off all lights and gadgets

pray to God to help us
grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
ukay2:

Heat only when really necessary

Layer up

Off all lights and gadgets

pray to God to help us
grin grin

If you're home, when the weather is bitterly cold nko ...... cheesy

You go off TV too ....... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
adegbitetunji:
drinking water and insha allah

Would drinking cold water warm you up ........ wink

Insha allah, would not turn on the electricity ....... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gourdoinc(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2022
Mrak2Agho:
Good morning to you all,first time commenting here am kelvin from Leeds West Yorkshire
How una dey?
bro how is life in leeds west Yorkshire
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hello everyone, is anyone aware of any Schengen country with interview dates available for September? I really need a vacation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by James4presh: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hi everyone, please I have serious issue, I am being accused of plagiarism and I have been give zero mark for the course work, please I will like to know if I will be given two year sponsorship visa, this is my first semester.

Please advice on what to do, they say that I can appeal.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lindakam: 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
James4presh:
Hi everyone, please I have serious issue, I am being accused of plagiarism and I have been give zero mark for the course work, please I will like to know if I will be given two year sponsorship visa, this is my first semester.

Please advice on what to do, they say that I can appeal.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrsLins: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hello everyone,

Pls does anyone know a good childminder in Bedford? I need one urgently pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.