Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1199576 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2022
Jlaw1:
Good day, house. Please, I need details about availability of jobs in Hull, especially for students.

Also, what is the job market in the UK in general for people with MSc. in Environmental Sciences or Environmental courses in general.

@justwise, @lexusgs430, @lagosismyhome, @guyfromHR etc. and all the knowledgeable people on here.

Thanks a lot.

Start from checking if it's on the Skilled occupation list.. That should give you somewhere to start from
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No go chop money today, wey go choke tomorrow........ cheesy

I dey on top my game, nothing do me. I go chop awoof and the owner of awoof join grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
hustla:

LOL the way it's going, I'm sure they'll just use that as excuse to refuse lots of people

grin

The law is the law, as they always say
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2022
AlphaUno:

I dey on top my game, nothing do me. I go chop awoof and the owner of awoof join grin

Awoof dey purge o ........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
AlphaUno:

The law is the law, as they always say

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:47pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No go chop money today, wey go choke tomorrow........ cheesy

Chief

I got the energy rebate letter and they asked me to claim it by July 22 or so or they'll add it to my council tax payment (I no know who send them message)

I just saw it (been away for long). Just wondering if it's still possible to collect it

Country hard grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Awoof dey purge o ........ wink

O purge ti
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2022
For those who would like more information on Home Swapping. It's 2am my time so I most definitely won't attend! I need sleep. However, it will be a very informative session. It's free to attend and it's a virtual meet.

https://www.hellorevel.com/events/10-17-2022-raging-gracefully-all-about-home-swapping-qcpd?fbclid=IwAR2Pcqwq5XFEP3GXHChmrKyZz03i2w2ILUAvowvjLYbafsg5xBv7z5IPe9s

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2022
hustla:

Chief

I got the energy rebate letter and they asked me to claim it by July 22 or so or they'll add it to my council tax payment (I no know who send them message)

I just saw it (been away for long). Just wondering if it's still possible to collect it

Country hard grin

That one no be public funds nah ......... cheesy

See how Nigerian's dey run from FREE money.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I know o

Just wondering if I can still claim it as the window has expired
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by moore1: 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2022
Thanks semmyk for your input, much appreciated.

semmyk:
Trust ma Ticha will do justice to this from down under not minding the current state of the Kiwis
Quick one. From the link, it would appear this help-to-buy will be treated just like the Help to Buy ISA. There was deliberation on the ISA earlier in the year.
I took the liberty to follow the (Help to Buy: Equity Loan) Property Information Form. From the one with the link (obviously there're others), there's nothing out of this world. The 2nd page requested some info that might determine 'the state' of the applicant (they are not asterisk i.e. not compulsory). However, it doesn't seems to be #STOP in respect of NRPF.
Those that have gone this route, that is have attempted this scheme, can assist. Thanks.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by moore1: 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2022
Madam Ticha, I salute you. Thanks for your guidance here .... much appreciated.

Ticha:

You're fine. Just try and pay back the loan within the 5 years cos the interest will be on top your mortgage payments plus loan payments.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Oct 12, 2022
hustla:

I know o

Just wondering if I can still claim it as the window has expired

Speak to your council........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jlaw1: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 5:22am On Oct 13, 2022
hustla:

Thanks for the reply, Said person is in Nigeria

The name on the NIN slip she has is correct, the one on the passport is the one misspelled, an error from the passport office even after all the hand filled forms smh

If she submits her NIN slip along with the passport now, will it be corrected?

Immigration head office Souka Abuja.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:11am On Oct 13, 2022
iboboyswag:

Immigration head office Souka Abuja.

Think it's now online smiley

Still trying to get someone in Abuja though
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:11am On Oct 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Speak to your council........

Alright then.
Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:13am On Oct 13, 2022
Jlaw1:

Thanks for your response. I'll do just that.
D'you have any ideas about job availability in Hull?

No Boss

Lots of students there so opportunities may not be easy to come by too

Why not ask on the Uni Hull telegram group

Should be able to get some help there
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jlaw1: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Who wan purge? grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2022
Jlaw1:
Good day, house. Please, I need details about availability of jobs in Hull, especially for students.

Also, what is the job market in the UK in general for people with MSc. in Environmental Sciences or Environmental courses in general.

@justwise, @lexusgs430, @lagosismyhome, @guyfromHR etc. and all the knowledgeable people on here.

Thanks a lot.
Getting a nice job with a student visa can be tricky, they would be sure you're top notch as your visa will kinda not help. But NHS has jobs you can always get into( I know a lawyer who is a student who just got within the 20hrs thing).

In Hull, I would say not much is available, try call center, care jobs, Factory, etc.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 11:54am On Oct 13, 2022
hustla:

No Boss

Lots of students there so opportunities may not be easy to come by too

Why not ask on the Uni Hull telegram group

Should be able to get some help there

Safe to say lot of Nigerians grin

Like someone would say if you throw a stone in the school there's high probability it will hit a Nigerian cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
HondaLover:

Safe to say lot of Nigerians grin

Like someone would say if you throw a stone in the school there's high probability it will hit a Nigerian cheesy

No be my mouth you go hear that one o, before them say you be gatekeeper /village people

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by taiwolola(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
My people please i need your advice. Family of four, girl's age is 6 while boy's age is 4. Is it mandatory we have to rent 3bedroom accommodation? Kindly enlighten me please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Time to either rely on your Bible, Quran or herbalist......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
taiwolola:
My people please i need your advice. Family of four, girl's age is 6 while boy's age is 4. Is it mandatory we have to rent 3bedroom accommodation? Kindly enlighten me please

Nope, 2 rooms is fine .........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

They'll still need to start to introduce "payments" for this NHS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
taiwolola:

2 and above is fine...not compulsory it must be 3 and above
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Treadway: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
Lexusgs430:

na real wa oooo. Great healthcare, you just have to wait 6mths to a year to be seen. I knew they had waiting times, but didn't know it was this crazy. Abeg una wey dey there, shey some people sef no go don kpai or their condition become critically worsened/aggravated cos something wasn't nipped in the bud/caught early.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jlaw1: 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jlaw1: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.