Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1190958 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

By the time i go navigate reach airport, I go don drive pass border, enter france............ cheesy
grin grin grin
Ok you must be at the top of Scotland. Sorry o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:
É don happen....... Then don sack our brother....... grin

May I not be a victim of circumstance o.

Scapegoat things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Two weeks ago in a TV interview they asked Liz whose idea the mini-budget was and she said it was within the chancellor's purview and so he was responsible. I knew from then that if someone was going to get axed, he'd definitely be the first.
It's unfortunate, because his sack will set the entire race back. I doubt we'll see another black Chancellor in our lifetime.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ugoonuoha: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
kode12:

Two weeks ago in a TV interview they asked Liz whose idea the mini-budget was and she said it was within the chancellor's purview and so he was responsible. I knew from then that if someone was going to get axed, he'd definitely be the first.
It's unfortunate, because his sack will set the entire race back. I doubt we'll see another black Chancellor in our lifetime.

Agreed! The guy didn't put in a good showing at all (nor did Liz truss but na she be Oga Boss). Beyond the policies, his body language was so bad...awkward, twitchy, shaking, looking dodgy (something Rishi Sunak go finesse with confidence). Infact the entire govt need to go....everything is so cringe.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
ugoonuoha:

Agreed! The guy didn't put in a good showing at all (nor did Liz truss but na she be Oga Boss). Beyond the policies, his body language was so bad...awkward, twitchy, shaking, looking dodgy (something Rishi Sunak go finesse with confidence). Infact the entire govt need to go....everything is so cringe.

The guy came in the worst of times amid so much pressure, just unfortunate he has to be the fall guy. Liz Truss's days are numbered, she can't survive this for too long, she's just postponing her own sack

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 4:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Customers don do Netflix long thing ....... grin

Make dem sha no let the add dey annoying like YouTube

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

People are generally now shying away from subscription services..........

Hence massive price reduction, might be the only pull factor ..........

With recession and austerity, comes cancellation of unnecessary bills ........... cheesy

Your point is very valid.
Me just saying in addition to that, there is:

Competition: New entrants trying to get all they can of the market share.

Content : if a service provider is low on content, most folks won’t extend sub of that provider but focus on other providers, hence cancellation.

Price : sub price will automatically fall as other new entrants will reduce price to get a market share (case of Glo back then), while others will come in with a premium price eg Apple

As much as they don’t believe in ad, the obvious is staring them in the face that they don’t control the market anymore, hence, the need to find other ways to make profit

And there are still other minor factors like your one and only way grin …..IPTV, the economy you mentioned and others.

The massive profits and goodwill enjoyed by both promoters of Zoom and Netflix during Covid lockdown took many of the big boys by surprise, hence their rush into the video conference call and streaming biz.
Talking about the rich keep getting richer while we dey sub on a steady - Capitalism
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
perigosa:
Bro are you currently in UK ?? Pls some information sir

I am proudly a female so this bro sir is quoted wrongly smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
AlphaUno:

Your point is very valid.
Me just saying in addition to that, there is:

Competition: New entrants trying to get all they can of the market share.

Content : if a service provider is low on content, most folks won’t extend sub of that provider but focus on other providers, hence cancellation.

Price : sub price will automatically fall as other new entrants will reduce price to get a market share (case of Glo back then), while others will come in with a premium price eg Apple

As much as they don’t believe in ad, the obvious is staring them in the face that they don’t control the market anymore, hence, the need to find other ways to make profit

And there are still other minor factors like your one and only way grin …..IPTV, the economy you mentioned and others.

The massive profits and goodwill enjoyed by both promoters of Zoom and Netflix during Covid lockdown took many of the big boys by surprise, hence their rush into the video conference call and streaming biz.
Talking about the rich keep getting richer while we dey sub on a steady - Capitalism

But you know IPTV, is the way, the truth and life ....... To satisfy your entertainment void ......... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
olafim309:
Good evening, I brought ticket for Manchester to York with a railcard. Unfortunately the train conductor said there no railcard for Northern part of England. I was charged £55 for single journey. The guy asked me to contract Trainline for refund for railcard cuz it won’t in the north and the card was for senior member which I wasn’t even aware of. Please anyone who has encountered same situation, I will appreciate if you can enlighten on what do how.
Hi, do you stay in york and can send you a dm?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 5:23am On Oct 15, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I am proudly a female so this bro sir is quoted wrongly smiley

I like reading your comments. You always seem so knowledgeable and you're never condescending

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2022
Thanks! wink

Gemma11:

I don't know about visa but yes it is possible to do a day trip to France. Take the train from London St.Pancras to Paris. It is about a 2 hour journey.

*REMOVED*

Thanks. cheesy

Did you submit an itenerary (hotel booking...) during the visa application?

Osoderi:

My traveling trip.

I applied from Nigeria and given three months visa. I don't know about how to apply from UK.

yes u need a visa because they will check y passport.
travelled on Saturday on a nite coach with flex, arrived Paris on Sunday morning . on Monday morning - evening visited some tourist attractions , got bk to hostel rested well, on Tuesday night I left Paris and arrived uk on wesday morning. Thou, it was a stressful trip.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kingbee1900: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
Good day elders.
I have been thinking to rent a 2/3 bedroom and use one of the rooms for Airbnb.

Assuming the landlord agrees for me to sublet (tough job), does it run contrary to the terms of my tier 2 visa?

For tier 2 I know we can have a second job in the industry for which our CoS was issued.

I'd like your opinions on this please. Will subletting have any impact on my future ILR?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2022
Four Chancellors in four months.

UK and its unique practices.

Lexusgs430:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2022
Kingbee1900:
Good day elders.
I have been thinking to rent a 2/3 bedroom and use one of the rooms for Airbnb.

Assuming the landlord agrees for me to sublet (tough job), does it run contrary to the terms of my tier 2 visa?

For tier 2 I know we can have a second job in the industry for which our CoS was issued.

Subletting is not a job so it doesn’t count.

I'd like your opinions on this please. Will subletting have any impact on my future ILR?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
WhiteWolfe:

I like reading your comments. You always seem so knowledgeable and you're never condescending

I second this..and always ready to assist

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

He is useless at his job, he should have been sacked long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2022
kode12:

He should never have taken the job in the first place , he allowed himself to be used as a racial gate keeper. I have got no sympathy for him. Lizz will make history as the shortest reigning PM .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2022
Kingbee1900:

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
phyl123:

He should never have taken the job in the first place , he allowed himself to be used as a racial gate keeper. I have got no sympathy for him. Lizz will make history as the shortest reigning PM .

And we were here a few weeks back saying the best man for the job (Rishi) did not win but some people disagreed. Kwasi was just implementing Liz's campaign promise but he should have known better.
These conservatives are just toying with us. During the leadership campaign, Boris' camp was said to prefer Liz so that they can get her out quickly and bring him back. Looks like that script is playing out well so far.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
Random Musings: What’s the largest amount you’ve heard a family has had to pay for their BRP?

Today I heard £18k and was completely blown! Family of 4. 5 years visa fee + IHS. That’s crazzzyyyyyyy!!! A whole mortgage deposit! Whew! You think your own is bad until you hear what other peeps are going through.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Random Musings: What’s the largest amount you’ve heard a family has had to pay for their BRP?

Today I heard £18k and was completely blown! Family of 4. 5 years visa fee + IHS. That’s crazzzyyyyyyy!!! A whole mortgage deposit! Whew! You think your own is bad until you hear what other peeps are going through.

Where den dey see this money ............. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2022
dustydee:

And we were here a few weeks back saying the best man for the job (Rishi) did not win but some people disagreed. Kwasi was just implementing Liz's campaign promise but he should have known better.
These conservatives are just toying with us. During the leadership campaign, Boris' camp was said to prefer Liz so that they can get her out quickly and bring him back. Looks like that script is playing out well so far.

I don't see that clown coming back as a PM anytime that soon, appointing Hunt is an interesting move as he supported Rishi Sunak during the race. So Liz has bought herself sometime by appointing Hunt.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2022
Mamatukwas:

They just paid for their ILR.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.