Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191419 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
Please do one still need transit visa ifyou are flying airfrance, klm or lufthansa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2022
babajeje123:
Please do one still need transit visa ifyou are flying airfrance, klm or lufthansa?

Yes you do.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
BuildingProject:

Yes you do.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
Evening everyone.

Can I do a one/two-day trip to France and return to the UK same day?

I presume I'll need a France-Schengen visa. For those who have applied and been to France from the UK, please what was the process like?

Thinking of having a two-day visit to France later this year or in Q1 2023.

NB: I've been in the UK for 5 months.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
taiwolola:
My people please i need your advice. Family of four, girl's age is 6 while boy's age is 4. Is it mandatory we have to rent 3bedroom accommodation? Kindly enlighten me please

No, the children can share a room.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2022
I have come again oooo....

Anyone using Vodafone Broadband in Glasgow?

Please review....Vodafone or TalkTalk

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WhiteWolfe: 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
How to watch UCL legally in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
WhiteWolfe:
How to watch UCL legally in the UK?

Subscribe to sky, BT sports, virgin or any satellite tv service provider............

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
Flight tickets are on the rise. Please, will a friend need transit visa if they board Kenya / turkish airline?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
lightnlife:
Evening everyone.

I presume I'll need a France-Schengen visa. For those who have applied and been to France from the UK, please what was the process like?

Thanks

shocked

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
hustla:

Thanks for the reply, Said person is in Nigeria

The name on the NIN slip she has is correct, the one on the passport is the one misspelled, an error from the passport office even after all the hand filled forms smh

If she submits her NIN slip along with the passport now, will it be corrected?

At the point of biometrics capture, they usually tell the applicant to doubly cross-check and verify (on a separate monitor) the bio-data information keyed in, before they proceed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
babajeje123:
Flight tickets are on the rise. Please, will a friend need transit visa if they board Kenya / turkish airline?

As long as there are no layovers in the EU countries (I'm aware of Germany, France, The Netherlands), then a transit visa is not required.

Turkish Airlines doesn't require transit visas for stopovers in their country, if you have no plans of leaving the airport and entering into the city.

You can use travelstart to search for flights. The website specifies flights that would require transit visas.

Cheers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2022
babajeje123:

Yes. For all of them, if you are departing from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
Tinyemeka:

As long as there are no layovers in the EU countries (I'm aware of Germany, France, The Netherlands), then a transit visa is not required.

Turkish Airlines doesn't require transit visas for stopovers in their country, if you have no plans of leaving the airport and entering into the city.

You can use travelstart to search for flights. The website specifies flights that would require transit visas.

Cheers.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
Tinyemeka:

At the point of biometrics capture, they usually tell the applicant to doubly cross-check and verify (on a separate monitor) the bio-data information keyed in, before they proceed.

OK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frankadrian: 12:25am On Oct 14, 2022
babajeje123:

Yes. I just forfeited a return ticket because of that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tinyemeka(m): 1:39am On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Trading 212......

Big bro, you've reignited my long throat spirit.

I've been eyeing penny stocks lately for their uncanny ability to easily give good returns with the slightest change in price and given the general downturn in prices, this period looks like a good time to buy and hold. After proper investigation and due diligence of course.

Look at Global Atomic Corp.

These four are all nuclear energy companies.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 2:12am On Oct 14, 2022
Jlaw1:

Really shocked ?

Any thoughts about Sheffield?
Na like mtn( everywhere you go).

But sheffield isn't bad unlike hull( jobs are readily available)
It's even close to most places
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:27am On Oct 14, 2022
Tinyemeka:

Big bro, you've reignited my long throat spirit.

I've been eyeing penny stocks lately for their uncanny ability to easily give good returns with the slightest change in price and given the general downturn in prices, this period looks like a good time to buy and hold. After proper investigation and due diligence of course.

Look at Global Atomic Corp.

These four are all nuclear energy companies.

Penny stocks are good, but in most cases you must have the patience of a saint........... cheesy

If luck shines your way, you walk with the bag in your hand or on your head ............ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ibro2021: 7:26am On Oct 14, 2022
Thanks!

hustla:

CC ( use reasonably)

You can use my link below to apply for AmEX

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oLUDooy1GA?CPID=999999418

You can also get on the electoral register and get a contract sim smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2022
Customers don do Netflix long thing ....... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2022
lightnlife:
Evening everyone.

Thanks

My traveling trip.

I applied from Nigeria and given three months visa. I don't know about how to apply from UK.

yes u need a visa because they will check y passport.
travelled on Saturday on a nite coach with flex, arrived Paris on Sunday morning . on Monday morning - evening visited some tourist attractions , got bk to hostel rested well, on Tuesday night I left Paris and arrived uk on wesday morning. Thou, it was a stressful trip.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2022
Ibro2021:
Thanks!

wink

Use my link for points
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Customers don do Netflix long thing ....... grin

I guessed they now have more competitions.
Lots of folks with ‘heavy bags’ are going into the streaming biz.
In the short and long run, Content will be the determining factor to being the market leader
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:01am On Oct 14, 2022
AlphaUno:

I guessed they now have more competitions.
Lots of folks with ‘heavy bags’ are going into the streaming biz.
In the short and long run, Content will be the determining factor to being the market leader

People are generally now shying away from subscription services..........

Hence massive price reduction, might be the only pull factor ..........

With recession and austerity, comes cancellation of unnecessary bills ........... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2022
lightnlife:
Evening everyone.

Thanks

I don't know about visa but yes it is possible to do a day trip to France. Take the train from London St.Pancras to Paris. It is about a 2 hour journey.

Get the first train at 6am and arrive just after 9 in the centre of Paris.

Example itinerary below.

Going out

London St Pancras Int'l to Paris Gare du Nord
Mon, 17 October 06:01 - 09:17
1 x adult Standard

Coming back
Paris Gare du Nord to London St Pancras Int'l
Mon, 17 October 21:13 - 22:37

Paris are one hour ahead so you gain an hour coming back.

You can also fly and come back in a day but airport wahala is too much for me. You can also drive going via the ferry if you are brave enough to drive on French roads as they drive extremely fast over there.

I have used plane, car and train to do one day trips for work or pleasure and I much prefer the train journey as the stations are in the middle of the city.

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2022
Gemma11:

I don't know about visa but yes it is possible to do a day trip to France. Take the train from London St.Pancras to Paris. It is about a 2 hour journey.

Get the first train at 6am and arrive just after 9 in the centre of Paris.

Example itinerary below.

Going out

London St Pancras Int'l to Paris Gare du Nord
Mon, 17 October 06:01 - 09:17
1 x adult Standard

Coming back
Paris Gare du Nord to London St Pancras Int'l
Mon, 17 October 21:13 - 22:37

Paris are one hour ahead so you gain an hour coming back.

You can also fly and come back in a day but airport wahala is too much for me. You can also drive going via the ferry if you are brave enough to drive on French roads as they drive extremely fast over there.

I have used plane, car and train to do one day trips for work or pleasure and I much prefer the train journey as the stations are in the middle of the city.

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en

By the time I take the train to king's cross, I go don drive enter France ............. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2022
É don happen....... Then don sack our brother....... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gemma11: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

By the time I take the train to king's cross, I go don drive enter France ............. wink

where you dey? lol

Looks like ur best option na to fly na.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 11:56am On Oct 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:
É don happen....... Then don sack our brother....... grin

Eya... dem don throw Mensah linage under-bus!!!
Tories dem try save elections wipe-out
Sunak could deh smile somewhere be dat. Wont be surprised if he's planning some of his shadow cabinet
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
Gemma11:

where you dey? lol

Looks like ur best option na to fly na.

By the time i go navigate reach airport, I go don drive pass border, enter france............ cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.