Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1200402 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:49am On Oct 19, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

Big time Trap!!!

Oh yes! they just need an evidence to cancel his visa because he mislead them by claiming that he can drive both
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

That weird moment, you thought your village people no follow you enter plane........

Unbeknown to OP, then don melt enter hin bloodstream ............ cheesy

OP think say nah like 9ja, wey person go just carry motor ............ Wàhálà dey sleep, trouble wan wake am ..... grin

This is simple, the op can drive but not manual car, so look for automatic car and start your job. Don't drive manual because you are not lienced to drive one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 10:19am On Oct 19, 2022
What’s going on in King Charles’ land?

This labour shortage no be here o.
From one sector to another, either formal or informal.
A minor issh that one greenhorn apprentice will fix in less than 15mins in Motherland, they all saying there’s a waiting time of 2/3 weeks cos they fully booked.
Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2022
justwise:

This is simple, the op can drive but not manual car, so look for automatic car and start your job. Don't drive manual because you are not lienced to drive one

You think a company insurance policy, would cover a driver, with a Nigerian driving licence............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 11:12am On Oct 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You think a company insurance policy, would cover a driver, with a Nigerian driving licence............. cheesy

They may have had such policies, but after the trial they won't want to risk things which is why the OP may need to source for under £1000 automatic herself, if she's to keep her job.

Cos u reason am, gear 1 na im d op no even fit push enta..

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2022
skybird1:
Hi everyone.
Please how can I change naira to pounds in the UK.

Please recommend trusted agents that can transfer pounds to my account

Thanks

Write @Lexusgs430, Mamatukwas, dem no be agents sha....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2022
justwise:

I'm just wondering why the agent would even consider allowing someone who is new in the UK with no licence for manual car to drive one?

Na strategic!
BTW.. taking a horse to the river don't mean it would drink from the river..

The op would have just been honest like she's done here to the agent and buy sometime to watch YouTube and learn.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2022
justwise:

I'm just wondering why the agent would even consider allowing someone who is new in the UK with no licence for manual car to drive one?

A lot of care companies are doing this for Dom care ....its frightening, new people are just entering road even one week after they came all in the name of pressure and fear of COS withdrawal , using their foreign driving licence

Even if you are a very experienced driver, its not easy to just enter road like that , but so many dom care jobs are ignoring safety and requiring it

In my cousin work place , some Zimbabwe came and in 3 weeks she had a major car accident .this was 2 months ago, she hasn't healed and not back to work. It could have been fatal for her and she could have added join an innocent person to die

I been saying this thing , why are dom care requesting new people to drive up and down. Driving is not easy, then the pressure of even finding the house and going up and down so soon after arrival

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Superex(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2022
wallg123:

Hi,
I know this is not what you would like to hear but this might save you from heartbreak. Your friend is selling you premium BS. What is the #2,000,000 Naira for ? Is it for Your visa application/ processing or your flight or you accommodation? Would it also cover your spouses visa applications? Flights, accommodation?…
Now let’s talk about tuition fees for MSc, have you looked at the current average fees for MSc in the uk? It’s roughly around the £6.5k-£8k range or more Now convert this to the current exchange rate…. I think someone’s trying to con you out of your hard earned money but I might be wrong. Please when next you hear from him, try to get details on this said student loan.

Where can I see those of £8k range. Hehe all I see now are from £14k upwards. How come?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Well..this is another prob with the whole issue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
leef2022:

Na strategic!
BTW.. taking a horse to the river don't mean it would drink from the river..

The op would have just been honest like she's done here to the agent and buy sometime to watch YouTube and learn.

Oh well..not sure if its too late now or the agent has gotten an excuse to cancel the visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
LagosismyHome:

A lot of care companies are doing this for Dom care ....its frightening, new people are just entering road even one week after they came all in the name of pressure and fear of COS withdrawal , using their foreign driving licence

Even if you are a very experienced driver, its not easy to just enter road like that , but so many dom care jobs are ignoring safety and requiring it

In my cousin work place , some Zimbabwe came and in 3 weeks she had a major car accident .this was 2 months ago, she hasn't healed and not back to work. It could have been fatal for her and she could have added join an innocent person to die

I been saying this thing , why are dom care requesting new people to drive up and down. Driving is not easy, then the pressure of even finding the house and going up and down so soon after arrival

Now this is scaring
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sinchester: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
Sure Start Maternity Grant

for a student having a child in the uk. Is this qualified as public fund ? Her Midwife is pushing to apply for this grant for her. Trying to discourage her not to take it, but she won't listen.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
Sinchester:

for a student having a child in the uk. Is this qualified as public fund ? Her Midwife is pushing to apply for this grant for her. Trying to discourage her not to take it, but she won't listen.

Dr Google is very friendly........... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
Sinchester:

Even British people need to be claiming a benefit in order to get this, not all can claim this pointing to the fact that this is proper public funds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sinchester: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Dr Google is very friendly........... cheesy

Thanks for this. I just need a screenshot of replies to this in order to discourage her the more. If they'll listen to the community.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by blank(f): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
progress160:
Hello guys. I have a serious issue. I arrived the UK few weeks ago. My employer wanted to give me the company car today for visiting clients and told a south African guy to accompany me to test my driving. It was quite different from the manual car i drove in naija and I had issues putting it in gear one. The guy just looked at me for close to ten minutes as I tried to put it in gear one in the roads in and afterwards he shouted on me to come down tgat that he is going to report me to the office that I can't drive. He drove to the office and worked in to discuss with the boss. My boss didn't wait to hear from me and said I have to go back to my country since I can't drive. I insisted I can drive. She said she can't enter the car to test my driving but my manager convinced her to and joined at the back. She however explained how to put it in gear one and I drove them for a short distance.

She said I should come and drive her husband round the city tomorrow to prove my driving prowess. She insisted i get a car immediately and said my case will be determined tomorrow.

I heard the SA guy is bringing his sister-in-law to the company. Don't know what to think right now or what to say to them tomorrow. I need advice

Can you not tell her to give you time to get your UK manual car license so you can use that time to go to a driving school? Been a long time I drove manual and I don't think I can still drive one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
blank:

Can you not tell her to give you time to get your UK manual car license so you can use that time to go to a driving school? Been a long time I drove manual and I don't think I can still drive one

Driving a manual car, is like knowing how to properly ride a bicycle.......... wink

You never forget, once you put your hands on the gear lever....... You always remember, that clutch bite point ......... wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2022
She is no longer brave o....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
Aunty illegal migrant don resign ooo.

When public officers go dey resign/sacked for Naija?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Her initial Cabinet members is falling apart... funny she's replacing them with pro RS guys.

Road deh clear small small for RS. BJ return far be dat..e need better SOAP
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
Oh! Didn't see this before posting.

I've not read the details of her resignation as I only saw it in passing at the café.

But the swift turn on her and her migration stance by Liz Truss is an indication that there is trouble in paradise.

Back to work. Will read and analyze later.

Lexusgs430:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
lightnlife:

When public officers[b][/b] go dey resign/sacked for Naija?

Are there any? They all there for themselves not the public/masses.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
lightnlife:

When public officers go dey resign/sacked for Naija?

This UK government, just dey give us per second, per second content........... wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
lightnlife:
Oh! Didn't see this before posting.

I've not read the details of her resignation as I only saw it in passing at the café.

But the swift turn on her and her migration stance by Liz Truss is an indication that there is trouble in paradise.

Back to work. Will read and analyze later.

It could be a deliberate act by braverman........ Drop from the car, before it eventually crashes......... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It could be a deliberate act by braverman........ Drop from the car, before it eventually crashes......... smiley

That may make her directly/indirectly part of the coup she alleged... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Possibly, but I think It's because the PM is taking the opposite strategy to what she proposed. Just like Kwarteng had to go when his entire plan was dropped.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
leef2022:

Her initial Cabinet members is falling apart... funny she's replacing them with pro RS guys.

Road deh clear small small for RS. BJ return far be dat..e need better SOAP

BJ dey Carribean, dey watch them crumble...... Rubbing his hands with glee......... wink

The lesson is, be careful when you all gang up, to get rid of a leader........... Maybe we should beg buhari to serve a 3rd term ........... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.