Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,605 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177592 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2022
justwise:

This is not good idea, fixed for 10yrs on this current interest rate? And when interest rate comes down you will still be paying higher rate

grin

Lexus said to Japa when you see this and Leasehold

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It's a hoooooooge financial trap and an invitation to treat........ It's the Halloween season ......... cheesy

.. And some people will still enter lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2022
hustla:
Saw this in my Lloyds app and remembered what our brother in Christ, Lexusgs430 said to do when you see this and leasehold

grin

This is a bad idea and a trap. There's no way interest rates will stay the way they are now even up to 5yrs. If you get this, you're going to end up regretting when rates come down and you're left paying these absurd prices. November 2021 would've been a good time to fix, when there were still 1.x% rates in the market.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2022
Good morning my people

Please what's the least amount of money I should have in my account if I'm planning to invite someone to the UK?

If you have successfully invited anyone, abeg let's connect so you can put me through. I have tried watching a lot of YouTube videos and I'm hearing stuffs like "6 months bank statement" "6 months pay slips"
How true?
I need first hand experience
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2022
Join Monese and get up to £30 once you start spending! Just enter my invite code when you sign up: OLUW114

Download the app here: https://www.mone.se/7vQs/3e30vdmh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2022
kode12:

This is a bad idea and a trap. There's no way interest rates will stay the way they are now even up to 5yrs. If you get this, you're going to end up regretting when rates come down and you're left paying these absurd prices. November 2021 would've been a good time to fix, when there were still 1.x% rates in the market.

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
"Hilarious, so worried about the Polish stealing their jobs now they just have the whole company in Poland"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2lWmgEK1Y
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It's a hoooooooge financial trap and an invitation to treat........ It's the Halloween season ......... cheesy

No treat here - this one na trick or trick cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
I would love to get in contact with you.. please see my signature for my contact number. Thanks
Adapapaokoye:
Hello House.
Please if you need a childminder or someone to do school run (South London).
Please send me a DM.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
Finally, who has God blessed. Congrats my man rishi sunak. Power belongs to God.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2022
jesmond3945:
Finally, who has God blessed. Congrats my man rishi sunak. Power belongs to God[b][/b].

Na now e go sabi! E go still chop party gate and other allegations.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
leef2022:

e don collect history pocket. Obama things.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
hustla:

grin

Lexus said to Japa when you see this and Leasehold
I actually thought it should be something to rejoice about.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
jesmond3945:
e don collect history pocket. Obama things.

Obama was elected twice though (by the people). It remains to be seen if RS will even win the next election.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
leef2022:

I agree...it's a poisoned chalice at the moment. I suspect it's a lose-lose for whoever becomes PM right now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately, you are stuck with this contract....... If you cancel, you are liable to pay a cancellation fee(or face a blacklist).........

If you have WiFi and your provider + device supports WiFi calling, that might be your only route ...........

https://www.finance.co.uk/guides/can-cancel-mobile-phone-contract-cannot-get-signal/

One chance. That's a lot of money to throw away.

Remember when I made a post about 4 months back that Three placed a CIFAS on my credit scores? I was told to give it three months, then come back if I want any kind of contract.

I was there recently to get a broadband contract, I was still told I didn't pass credit check, I was hinted it's still due to the CIFAS on my account. I left their office and went to EE. Picked a broadband contract without any issue.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
rayralph:

Three supports WiFi calling,

Enable it

Thank you. Been using that, just felt there is another way around it, because now, I still get 30gb data on the Three sim, which I'll likely not use a quarter of it. smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Greathand01: 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
AlphaUno:

Your options
- get yourself a clipper and be your own barber
- go with the flow and pay the £20
- look around for African or black barbers to see if you ll get a bargain
Thank a bunch...I might use my head as practice
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Greathand01: 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

£20 * ₦800 = ₦16,000 (for a haircut), that would last only one week ............. grin

Welcome to the youkay......... grin

Buy this cordless clipper, use your head as the guinea pig....... Eventually, practice would make perfect....... cheesy
Like how much does it cost please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Greathand01: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lordfiido:
L7 2RF kessington. A Nigerian guy. He charged me £12 the last time I cut my hair there. He’s very good
I will trace this too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
Viruses:

I actually thought it should be something to rejoice about.

No ooooo
Run when you see it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately, you are stuck with this contract....... If you cancel, you are liable to pay a cancellation fee(or face a blacklist).........

If you have WiFi and your provider + device supports WiFi calling, that might be your only route ...........

https://www.finance.co.uk/guides/can-cancel-mobile-phone-contract-cannot-get-signal/

Can one downgrade a contract? I barely use 10 gb out of my 150gb
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NevaUgivup: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Delete in 5,4,3.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
cheesy
NevaUgivup:
Delete in 5,4,3.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
hustla:

Can one downgrade a contract? I barely use 10 gb out of my 150gb

Speak to your provider..........

When you have been data starved, the moment you saw 150GB, you grab am like a drunken sailor..........

MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9 mobile, una see wetin una cause........... cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Speak to your provider..........

When you have been data starved, the moment you saw 150GB, you grab am like a drunken sailor..........

MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9 mobile, Una see wetin una cause........... cheesy

Hehehehe took 150GB cos the wifi at home was crazy slow and I needed to take remote interviews at the time

It has now been replaced and the 150GB is just wasting

I'll call and ask the

Thanks grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
phyl123:

Everyone knows this but the English are not ready for a brown skin prime minister Even if the party had chosen him they will loose the general election. Those two Uncle Sam they gave positions are just for camouflage.

..and now?

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mosme: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Please who has or knows anyone renting a 1bed or studio for a couple in Ilford.
Please help. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
God bless Amarathripple0 for some sites she shared few weeks/months ago on job search even though I didn’t benefit directly in getting a job but the resume creator on “App dot Otta dot COM” which she shared was helpful and helped landed several interviews in Nigeria and finally a job in the Uk barely less than a month I got here…

God bless the Uk Nigeria Family on Nairaland from Grandpa Lexus, GrandMa Ticha, and to everyone contributing one way or the other grin

NB: please what is happening oo, pounds is 844 on lemonade, is it’s a good sign for PM RS

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
AgentXxx:
God bless Amarathripple0 for some sites she shared few weeks/months ago on job search even though I didn’t benefit directly in getting a job but the resume creator on “App dot Otta dot COM” which she shared was helpful and helped landed several interviews in Nigeria and finally a job in the Uk barely less than a month I got here…

God bless the Uk Nigeria Family on Nairaland from Grandpa Lexus, GrandMa Ticha, and to everyone contributing one way or the other grin

NB: please what is happening oo, pounds is 844 on lemonade, is it’s a good sign for PM RS
That's amazing! I'm so happy for you.
For anyone who needs the site, it's https://app.otta.com

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
justwise:

..and now?

You should have included all my statements regarding this discussion, not just this bit.

Rushi should have been chosen the first time over Liz because everyone knew he could do the job. Liz was not chosen based on capability.

They had no choice, they have messed up and needed someone to clear up the mess. They were desperate because they were loosing money by the day in investments.

This happens all the time, you go for an interview, they pick a white person over you. That person messes up and they call you in to clean the mess. ( I’m talking from personal experience).

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.