Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177862 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
[quote author=worldazzling post=118299747][/quote]

You just state you current accomodation, a lot of people used school as accomodation but ended up making alternative arrangement. So no worries
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2022
Good day everyone. I want to find out about Carlisle.
What's the cost of living like? How much does it cost to rent a 3 bedroom?
Is there a black community there? How about African shop?
When coming from Nigeria, which of the airport would you suggest that we land?
how is their schools? I'm coming 3kids, Age 3-8.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by worldazzling: 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2022
Santa2:

You just state you current accomodation, a lot of people used school as accomodation but ended up making alternative arrangement. So no worries

Thank you so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2022
semmyk:
The underlined changes your dynamics in the ordinary sense of it. (Well, based on what you narrated)
Seemly, you're no longer dealing with #relocation, rather, you're faced with #redundancy.
The operative word is no longer 'discussing', but 'consulting' #beware
Let your spouse work with a labour lawyer or a unionist.

In-btw, I left some pointers for you earlier

Thank you boss.

Your explanation made the whole thing easier for us and has helped us in following them constructively.

Can i DM you Please?.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Credit scoring hates swaps and changes, it could seem like a pre-maradona move ......... cheesy

But if you have to, you have to ......... Take the initial hit, which would recover over time ...........

What if I change address and I don't update it on my file?

Any issues with that?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
[quote author=worldazzling post=118299747][/quote]
For proficiency, u don’t need to upload any evidence. It has been demonstrated when the school gave u offer and they issued u study visa.

The second part, there is no need to package anything. Remember, there could be a change in accommodation for whatever reason. You have to provide info on where you actually stayed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
EJIOGBENIMI:
What's the cost of living like? How much does it cost to rent a 3 bedroom?
Is there a black community there? How about African shop?
When coming from Nigeria, which of the airport would you suggest that we land?
how is their schools? I'm coming 3kids, Age 3-8.

Check zoopla and right move for 3 bed rental
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2022
hustla:

What if I change address and I don't update it on my file?

Any issues with that?

So you would apply for a credit card and get them deliver it, to your old address or you sign a mortgage offer using your old address, so all your lenders correspondence, gets delivered to your old home address or you sign a loan, and your loan agreements, gets sent to your old address..................... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

So you would apply for a credit card and get them deliver it, to your old address or you sign a mortgage offer using your old address, so all your lenders correspondence, gets delivered to your old home address or you sign a loan, and your loan agreements, gets sent to your old address..................... wink

grin

Can't be done

Is it okay to change address after like 6 months then?

As you have said changing the address too soon affects one's score
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2022
hustla:

grin

Can't be done

Is it okay to change address after like 6 months then?

As you have said changing the address too soon affects one's score

If I loaned you some money, and you kept changing your address..........

How confident would I feel........... grin

But if you have to move, you have to move .......... wink

What would you rather do, move or protect/preserve credit score ............. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If I loaned you some money, and you kept changing your address..........

How confident would I feel........... grin

But if you have to move, you have to move .......... wink

What would you rather do, move or protect/preserve credit score ............. wink

Change address 6 months after moving so as to ensure cc address on file is up to 1 yr

Win/Win situation

grin

One has to move, the dip will happen but then it will go back up
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2022
hustla:

Change address 6 months after moving so as to ensure cc address on file is up to 1 yr

Win/Win situation

grin

One has to move, the dip will happen but then it will go back up

Not unless you move again............. wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:
[/b]

Not unless you move again............. wink

Na to turn Mario for new location

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frankadrian: 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2022
frankadrian:
My people I greet una well.

I have a little question. When applying for health and care worker dependent visa, I saw the following 2 options for identification:

-have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre - this is to get a biometric residence permit

-use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan their identity document - they’ll also create or sign in to their UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account.

Can someone kindly confirm if the second option is available for Nigerians? And if it is, does that mean I don't have to go to UK embassy?

Thanks mucho

Anybody please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2022
frankadrian:

Anybody please?

Yes, available to Nigerians in the UK. And yes, won't have to go to any office, it will be done from home.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frankadrian: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2022
mizGene:

Yes, available to Nigerians in the UK. And yes, won't have to go to any office, it will be done from home.

HI, thanks for your response. But how about Nigerians in Nigeria? Cos I am in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2022
frankadrian:

HI, thanks for your response. But how about Nigerians in Nigeria? Cos I am in Nigeria
not available for/to you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frankadrian: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2022
giselle237:
not available for/to you
Alright thanks.

Have any idea how long it'll take to go for biometrics once I complete the application? Trying to plan myself. Or do I pick any date available?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2022
Nope
Lexusgs430:

Does your estate agent accept CC payment .............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2022
Thank you…
Zahra29:

Not a good idea if you're withdrawing cash from your credit card to pay your rent, as any cash withdrawals are noted on your file (even if settled quickly) and will impact your credit score and history
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2022
Please after how many months will I be tax free after getting to the Uk?
semmyk:
If the rental provider or landlord provide a cc facility (link, scan, QR ...), why not if not. Simple response, it's a YES.
However, if not, and the transaction will be treated as cash, TREAD CAUTIOUSLY!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
There is ££ to be sent to US to be received in $$, anyone knows best means (app, bank etc) with a higher rate to do so?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2022
AgentXxx:
Nope

So how do you intend to pay ......... Your landlord get POS machine............ cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
AgentXxx:
Please after how many months will I be tax free after getting to the Uk?

You don't want to pay tax at all, in an economy that relies on taxations of all forms ............. grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 4:30am On Nov 12, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Check zoopla and right move for 3 bed rental
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 4:44am On Nov 12, 2022
EJIOGBENIMI:
What's the cost of living like? How much (on average) does it cost to rent a 3 bedroom?
Is there a black community there? How about African shops?
When coming from Nigeria, which of the airports would you suggest that we land and how do we commute ourselves from the airport to carlisle without much stress, considering our luggage?
How are the schools for the kids? I'm coming 3kids, Age 3-8.
I'll be working in the NHS, any opportunity for Locum around?.

cc Luchiano54 , tushqueen , valcorp

pls help.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Onikoyiesho: 5:12am On Nov 12, 2022
worldazzling:
Good Evening Everyone,

I am switching from a student visa to a Skilled worker visa but my MSc certificate (uk) is not out yet.

How else can i prove my English proficiency?

Thank you very much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Onikoyiesho: 5:32am On Nov 12, 2022
worldazzling:
Good Evening Everyone,

I am switching from a student visa to a Skilled worker visa but my MSc certificate (uk) is not out yet.

How else can i prove my English proficiency?

Thank you very much.

I got English as a medium of instructions from my sch to prove my English proficiency. Can I submit at for my Visa application
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2022
AlphaUno:

There is ££ to be sent to US to be received in $$, anyone knows best means (app, bank etc) with a higher rate to do so?

Revolut, Wise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2022
What about using this PayPal method stated above
Lexusgs430:

So how do you intend to pay ......... Your landlord get POS machine............ cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2022
Try TransferWise
AlphaUno:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2022
At least I deserved a welcome package smiley but tbh I thought I previously read where tax are immediately once drops in that you need to hit a target of income before it becomes taxable.
Lexusgs430:

You don't want to pay tax at all, in an economy that relies on taxations of all forms ............. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.