Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177955 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kennyliga112: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2022
alongetayo:
Good Morning.

Please I need sincere advices.

I got a Customer Service job [full time] with Llyods bank, through a recruiting firm though. Net pay is £1,660 and they pay every 2 weeks (£830).

Please is that a good pay? Considering the fact tge we moved in Aug? Or I should rather start care? I was told I can make more if I start care/support job. Or i should just focus on this job?

NB: Wifey is a student and makes like £1,200/Monthly also.
Good day,can use please give me the link of the recruiting firm,would like to apply also

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TouchOfSpice(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
Merry Christmas Everyone .

Please I need information on where I get a flexible payment/cheap tv deal (65 Inch+) for Christmas

I have tried Curry's ,Argos and a few others but they refused me because my stay in the UK is not up to 3 years .

Thank you .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
TouchOfSpice:
Merry Christmas Everyone .

Please I need information on where I get a flexible payment/cheap tv deal (65 Inch+) for Christmas

I have tried Curry's ,Argos and a few others but they refused me because my stay in the UK is not up to 3 years .

Thank you .
If your stay is up to a year, get argos card and spread the payment. If not, try PayPal pay-in-3 or klana pay in three.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
Meogom:

Thanks so much, followed your advice and got a positive response in less than an hour.

Merry Christmas folks
You’re welcome (:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2022
Quick one please, when you apply for your PSW or Tier 2. What start date would reflect on it? The date of the application or the date it was approved?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SPDAZZY(f): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2022
Meogom:
My good people, please can someone who is one month and few weeks old in uk get a phone contract?

I got a phone contract with EE less than a month after we arrived. I unfortunately had to cancel it because by the time we moved from the Airbnb(after 3weeks in the UK) to our rented accommodation, we found out there was no EE service in our new place.

I don't know how it happened anyways, I saw a post here on the importance and inquired when one of their agents called me regarding getting a higher plan.

This was a SIM we bought at the airport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ralphlauren:

You guys need to stop pitching credit card.

You can survive in the UK and leave a very comfortable life without them.

Would your debit card/cash offer you, section 75 protection....... wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

on 75 protection....... wink

I need VPN recommendations for streaming Bros.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
Amarathripple0:
Quick one please, when you apply for your PSW or Tier 2. What start date would reflect on it? The date of the application or the date it was approved?

The date it was approved.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pogracious: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2022
Hi Ancestors , thanks for always answering my questions.This platform is a blessing.God bless all the contributors.Please am here today to get advise for a pal of mine who has this scenario
He came in on student visa with his wife and children.Along the line the wife got a sponsored job but because he still has more than six month on student visa,they decided children and wife move to tier2.tier2 approval according to him took months to arrive and as he was preparing to apply on the tier2 dependant they got a mail from home office that the children-dependant visa has been shortened to the parent with the shortest stay and a new brp issued to them.In a Cross road now what can he do even though he has the PSW option or can he reapply the tier 2 for all dependant again using the same cos the wife is presently on?

Please sirs and mas ,what can he do at this point?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
Not well articulated but what I gathered is that the man applied later instead of with the wife for tier 2 before the children.

Ideally the children's stay are determined by both parents and not one. Because they all got to the UK on a student visa with their mom and them being dependents on same visa, they needed their father to have been on the tier 2 before the children.

Try and reapply if possible

Pogracious:
Hi Ancestors , thanks for always answering my questions.This platform is a blessing.God bless all the contributors.Please am here today to get advise for a pal of mine who has this scenario
He came in on student visa with his wife and children.Along the line the wife got a sponsored job but because he still has more than six month on student visa,they decided children and wife move to tier2.tier2 approval according to him took months to arrive and as he was preparing to apply on the tier2 dependant they got a mail from home office that the children-dependant visa has been shortened to the parent with the shortest stay and a new brp issued to them.In a Cross road now what can he do even though he has the PSW option or can he reapply the tier 2 for all dependant again using the same cos the wife is presently on?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:07am On Dec 24, 2022
domin8:

The date it was approved.
Thank you!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:22am On Dec 24, 2022
kode12:

Even if her goal is to relocate, I believe there are ways to leverage your UK credit history to get better credit in the US or EU.
Why not get a CC, use it for regular shopping and just setup direct debit to pay it off?

How can you leverage it cross country?

I've always wondered if it's possible
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 12:38am On Dec 24, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Date it was approved

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Derinde2223: 12:54am On Dec 24, 2022
Hello everyone thank you for all the advice on my previous post I have just received my skilled worker visa approval for 3 years.
Application date- 16/12/22
Approval date - 23/12/22

Thank you again everyone.

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 1:13am On Dec 24, 2022
Santa2:

Date it was approved
Merci
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2022
Just like Bigtt76 indicated, it appears OP was not well articulated with the post.
What I gather though is that
- Husband got Student visa (former Tier 4)
- Family came to the UK
- Wife got sponsored work. Moved to skilled worker (former Tier 2)
- husby remained on student visa (for reasons best known to them)
- children successfully applied for dependent skilled worker visa
- Home 9ff8ce with their 'evasive' data science big data picked dual visa for parents (one skilled worker, the other student visa). Home office apply the rule. Children have dependent based on least visa stay
OP wants to know what's up and can gan!

I concur with Bigtt76.
What should happen. Family should have moved to skilled worker (husbot (as Ticha would say) and children become dependent). We've discussed on this thread switching student to skilled worker visa; the impact et al. See for instance (my previous attempt at part collation)
semmyk:
.... Switch from student to workers ... ...
semmyk:
... ... Simple response: dependent have right to work. ...
Inbtw, ILR starts to count for all.
Way forward:
Husband and children apply for dependent (skilled worker) visa.
PS: recently, last week I think, we discussed on this thread that a proper application will keep the current visa stay legal, until Home office reach a decision.
Advice herein are not binding advisory as contemplated in law
bigtt76:
Not well articulated but what I gathered is that the man applied later instead of with the wife for tier 2 before the children.
Ideally the children's stay are determined by both parents and not one. Because they all got to the UK on a student visa with their mom and them being dependents on same visa, they needed their father to have been on the tier 2 before the children.
Try and reapply if possible
Pogracious:
... advise for a pal of mine who has this scenario
He came in on student visa with his wife and children. Along the line the wife got a sponsored job but because he still has more than six month on student visa,they decided children and wife move to tier2.tier2 approval according to him took months to arrive and as he was preparing to apply on the tier2 dependant they got a mail from home office that the children-dependant visa has been shortened to the parent with the shortest stay and a new brp issued to them.In a Cross road now what can he do even though he has the PSW option or can he reapply the tier 2 for all dependant again using the same cos the wife is presently on?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2022
kode12:

I need VPN recommendations for streaming Bros.

When they scramble, I simply use hotspot...........

Someone recommended a VPN, sometime ago...... Try tracking the post ......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:06am On Dec 24, 2022
Page 596, here we come
darknessbegone:
You can try Windscribe. They offer 10.00GB per month free and they also offer something called build a plan. Billed $1.00 per location, per month and it’s unlimited. So you can just add one or two locations and you are set. They are pretty reliable and they don’t keep logs.
I used a promo code to bump my plan to free 50.00GB per month few years ago. I think there are still some out there if you know where to look.
rayralph:
For guys having issues with iptv. Get ExpressVPN, change the location to any country within Europe.
Works seamlessly without issues even during live matches
Lexusgs430:
When they scramble, I simply use hotspot...........
Someone recommended a VPN, sometime ago...... Try tracking the post ......

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Foxie: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2022
AlphaUno:

They are all over Isolo / Ajao Estate axis in Lagos. Call this folks in Manchester, they ship to anywhere in UK.
07802 730559
Please when I try to call this number it keeps saying it doesn't exist.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:16am On Dec 24, 2022
You hit the nail well ...good stuff

semmyk:
Just like Bigtt76 indicated, it appears OP was not well articulated with the post.
What I gather though is that
- Husband got Student visa (former Tier 4)
- Family came to the UK
- Wife got sponsored work. Moved to skilled worker (former Tier 2)
- husby remained on student visa (for reasons best known to them)
- children successfully applied for dependent skilled worker visa
- Home 9ff8ce with their 'evasive' data science big data picked dual visa for parents (one skilled worker, the other student visa). Home office apply the rule. Children have dependent based on least visa stay
OP wants to know what's up and can gan!

I concur with Bigtt76.
What should happen. Family should have moved to skilled worker (husbot (as Ticha would say) and children become dependent). We've discussed on this thread switching student to skilled worker visa; the impact et al. See for instance (my previous attempt at part collation)

Inbtw, ILR starts to count for all.
Way forward:
Husband and children apply for dependent (skilled worker) visa.
PS: recently, last week I think, we discussed on this thread that a proper application will keep the current visa stay legal, until Home office reach a decision.
Advice herein are not binding advisory as contemplated in law

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TouchOfSpice(m): 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
Thanks Boss

Tried both option , application was declined . �

Guess I will have to wait a bit longer to try again

Viruses:

If your stay is up to a year, get argos card and spread the payment. If not, try PayPal pay-in-3 or klana pay in three.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2022
TouchOfSpice:
Thanks Boss

Tried both option , application was declined . �

Guess I will have to wait a bit longer to try again

Have you tried getting American Express or Amazon credit cards? Those are fairly easy to get. If not maybe CCs from Tesco or John Lewis. Try those, as long as each one isn't doing a hard search against you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ankaravillageng: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2022
Hello, any advice on how to secure sponsorship. Just got in in September and working in care. Any pointers, recruitment agencies, recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2022
IvanCardozo:
Hello friends

I have been in the UK for a year now. I have tried this credit card thing tire, dem no gree give me. I also tried phone contracts. For where. Nothing. Dem say I no pass credit check.

I downloaded Experian, and I have a score of 857. I just tire. My rent is on direct debit from my bank account. I no know wetin to do. Can anyone please advice? I recently got myself into the right to vote thingy (Dec 2022) cuz I was adviced it can help in the credit records.

Please what can I do?
Try American express card ,approval rate is very high even if you just been in UK for a month .
https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oLAITAmAeD?CPID=100359673
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shorty2022: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
Good evening
Please is anyone in London travelling to Nigeria. I have ten thousand naira cash and want to change it to pounds.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kymkym: 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2022
Good evening my people

I landed in London yesterday

I was able to get my BRP at post office yesterday

Please I'm looking for accommodation not too far from Buckingham University

I'm looking for someone that we share a room together pending the time when my family join me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by triplo3: 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
Mamatukwas:

UKVI said they are looking to completely phase out physical BRP’s by December 2024. So I think any issuance that’s seen as unnecessary is being dropped. I don’t think you’ll have issues if you have official correspondence to that effect.

See the email I got from Home Office (Decision mail) attached.

Please why am I the first person being told to rely on Gov website to proof my status. Never heard of it from family and friends or on the forum.

Can anyone please confirm if they've been in my shoes please?

I'm about to book the foreign trip, I don't want issues having to return back to UK.

Thanks ahead.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2022
Amarathripple0:

For psw, it's from the date it was approved

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplo3:

See the email I got from Home Office (Decision mail) attached.

Please why am I the first person being told to rely on Gov website to proof my status. Never heard of it from family and friends or on the forum.

Can anyone please confirm if they've been in my shoes please?

I'm about to book the foreign trip, I don't want issues having to return back to UK.

Thanks ahead.

You have nothing to fear as long it's a positive decision. I think there should be a link to report if your brp hasn't arrived in 10 days after approval. Contact them
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
triplo3:

Over 10 working days and no BRP sent via post. Plus no email saying they will send it. Called UKVI today and they said I won't get a new BRP, because I used the app during my application, so my picture was captured etc. Please does anyone have this experience of updating their visa from student to skilled worker dependent visa and then no new BRP? Instead just a status update online. Can I travel out and return to UK without a valid BRP? Thanks ahead

Have your copy of your visa approval mail handy or any document showing your current immigration status but confirm all this before you travel to avoid stories that touch. Research and confirm. I think there are future plans of electronic visa in place of brp for travel.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Shorty2022:
Good evening
Please is anyone in London travelling to Nigeria. I have ten thousand naira cash and want to change it to pounds.
Thanks

The question on my lips is, why did you travel to the UK, with ₦10,000........... cheesy

Emefiele don destroy that your money ....... Just put am jejely for recycle bin .......... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.