Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1186301 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Na so last page finished without anyone reminding us of Shina Peter's 777 is a number ...
@All, keep keeping well.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LaXxOnebody(m): 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas folks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gift7428: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
Hello everyone
Merry Christmas

Please I need you guys to help me not crucify me abeg.

What if I can’t afford to pay 3 months upfront as it is in the contract ( I didn’t even read contract properly then as I was very desperate to get a house and all the agents requested upfront payment.
My first payment was 3 months upfront and it is due soon.
I can afford my rent monthly. I don’t even get paid that way. This rent issue is already affecting me, thinking too much.
I feel it’s very unfair to people coming from outside the UK.

How do I go about this?
Will I be chased out? I live with my child. I like the place and I don’t want to move out.

Please help me guys. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LaXxOnebody(m): 12:11am On Dec 26, 2022
Read the contract again. It's possible that the 3 months payment was just the initial, subsequently rent should be monthly.

Wait for input from others too.

Gift7428:
Hello everyone
Merry Christmas

What if I can’t afford to pay 3 months upfront as it is in the contract ( I didn’t even read contract properly then as I was very desperate to get a house and all the agents requested upfront payment.
I can afford my rent monthly. I don’t even get paid that way. This rent issue is already affecting me, thinking too much.

How do I go about this?
Will I be chased out? I live with my child. I like the place and I don’t want to move out.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:24am On Dec 26, 2022
Gift7428:
Hello everyone
Merry Christmas

How do I go about this?

Rule 1 -:

- Always read and understand any contract, because when you sign it, it's legally binding
- Never sign a contract under duress/desperation

Way 4ward -:

Speak to your estate agent and try renegotiating payment terms.......

One of two things would happen, it's either you get a section 21 or they renegotiate.........

In the interim, apply for a credit card, that would give you a breaching limit ( with 3 months minimum interest free period)..........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 1:36am On Dec 26, 2022
Your post is not clear enough. Also,you didn't provide what might people to assist you
So, kindly provide the wording of the section that talks about this 3 mths payment. As you can see LaXxOnebody is asking you to read that section properly.
- extract of contract that talks about this 3 mths upfront payment
- have you moved in already or not.
- if not, when are you supposed to move in
- If yrs, when did you moved in
All of these would shape how to provide you with suggestions on ... how do you go about this
LaXxOnebody:
Read the contract again. It's possible that the 3 months payment was just the initial, subsequently rent should be monthly.
... ...
Gift7428:
... to help me not crucify me abeg.
... ...
How do I go about this?
[UPDATED]
Just read Lexusgs430 rule of #contracts and way 4ward. Great suggestion to you. However,vyour post is not clear on those parts I've listed and underlined earlier.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:46am On Dec 26, 2022
semmyk:
Your post is not clear enough. Also,you didn't provide what might people to assist you
So, kindly provide the wording of the section that talks about this 3 mths payment. As you can see LaXxOnebody is asking you to read that section properly.
All of these would shape how to provide you with suggestions on ... how do you go about this

[UPDATED]
Just read Lexusgs430 rule of #contracts and way 4ward. Great suggestion to you. However,vyour post is not clear on those parts I've listed and underlined earlier.

I have tried to cover all basis, based on the information she provided (assuming she is a she).......... grin

We know 3 facts -

- She already moved in
- Cannot afford the stipulated payment terms
- Likes the property, and does not want to move out (even if a crane or bulldozer was used ).......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 3:27am On Dec 26, 2022
rowon:
Hi everyone . Kindly advise me on how to go about the brp of my 16 years boy with "NO WORK" . I believe that could be a mistake. I want him to start volunteering job or perhaps paid job during the holidays. Thanks

Check the mail below and reach out to them it’s will
Get sorted in days

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 3:44am On Dec 26, 2022
Hi guys I want to know how I can get police background check back in Nigeria.

What kind of job can I get for my wife I mean a remote job(work from home) nursing a baby
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2022
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (2023) to everyone grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2022
Compliments of the season to everyone.

For those in London (students), you might be interested in this Tfl job. Please note that it is 15hr/week job.

https://tfl.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=040513&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FLondon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2022
Good morning
Can anyone recommend a small electric heater for a small room?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:02am On Dec 26, 2022
dupyshoo:

For those in London (students), you might be interested in this Tfl job. Please note that it is 15hr/week job.

https://tfl.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=040513&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FLondon

Key terms ......... grin

To be eligible for this vacancy, you should

- Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK
- Be prepared to work anywhere in London
- Be able to work a variety of shift patterns including Nights, weekends and public holidays.......

Are you really sure a student can undertake this role ........... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2022
dupyshoo:

Applied wink

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Key terms ......... grin

To be eligible for this vacancy, you should

- Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK
- Be prepared to work anywhere in London
- Be able to work a variety of shift patterns including Nights, weekends and public holidays.......

Are you really sure a student can undertake this role ........... wink

15 hr / week

Can be done in one day or 1 and a few hrs wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2022
hustla:

15 hr / week

Can be done in one day or 1 and a few hrs ;

Indeed, but not when your employer decides the terms of engagement........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:
[/b]

Indeed, but not when your employer decides the terms of engagement........... grin
The terms say night shifts between 22:00 - 00:00, so one can decline to work outside of any night shift hours. Weekends and Public holidays are also inclusive of nights. So I’m pretty certain students can do the job even if the hours are spread out to a number of days.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gift7428: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
I have read it again and again and it says subsequent rents must be paid 3 months in advance.
LaXxOnebody:

Wait for input from others too.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gift7428: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2022
Can I apply for a credit card as a student ?
I work part time and don’t make much

I will send an email to my estate agent
Thanks

Lexusgs430:

Rule 1 -:

- Always read and understand any contract, because when you sign it, it's legally binding
- Never sign a contract under duress/desperation

Way 4ward -:

Speak to your estate agent and try renegotiating payment terms.......

One of two things would happen, it's either you get a section 21 or they renegotiate.........

In the interim, apply for a credit card, that would give you a breaching limit ( with 3 months minimum interest free period)..........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gift7428: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
To answer your questions
-I moved in 5th October and paid 3 months rent upfront
The next rent is due January 5th
-please find attached picture that shows how my rent should be paid

I need help in adjusting the contract. I want to start paying monthly.
Thanks for your time

semmyk:

[UPDATED]

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gift7428: 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
I am a she. I live with my child in the house.
I have explained better in my previous reply

Lexusgs430:

I have tried to cover all basis, based on the information she provided (assuming she is a she).......... grin

We know 3 facts -

- She already moved in
- Cannot afford the stipulated payment terms
- Likes the property, and does not want to move out (even if a crane or bulldozer was used ).......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gift7428:
I am a she. I live with my child in the house.
I have explained better in my previous reply

As you're already under a contract. The best I think you can do is to speak to your landlord that you think you'll not be able to pay quarterly and plead with him to let you pay monthly.
He can't evict you from the apartment like that and if he wants you out,tell him to give you at least a month to look for a new place.

Note: My post is not based on experience just saying what I would've done.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
Amarathripple0:

The terms say night shifts between 22:00 - 00:00, so one can decline to work outside of any night shift hours. Weekends and Public holidays are also inclusive of nights. So I’m pretty certain students can do the job even if the hours are spread out to a number of days.

Goodluck to all applicants.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
Good day to the Elders and Happy Christmas.

I beg na who know the link to check 9ja passport application appointment(UK)
The applicant already booked his appointment but now he wish to download the appointment booking.

Lastly mak una help a needy broda wey need Tier2 care job (COS) frm 9ja oooo.
I know plug pass plug
Aku odun oooo

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
Compliments of the Season all. Hope you are having a swell holiday.

A quick question.

Please what does the law say on switching from an HCA role (Healthcare Assistant) to say a project manager or Data analyst role with a different employer.

Does the count for ILR reset or continues?

I reason they are both Tier2 so it continues but a lot of people seem to have a lot of different opinions.

What do you guys think?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by twizzie: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
Merry Christmas everyone.

I have a question about this LISA account please? The one for first time buyers is the Cash LISA? If yes, which of the providers is the best please? Registered with moneybox but want to be sure B4 going ahead with it @Ticha, @lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
iboboyswag:
Compliments of the Season all. Hope you are having a swell holiday.

A quick question.

Please what does the law say on switching from an HCA role (Healthcare Assistant) to say a project manager or Data analyst role with a different employer.

Does the count for ILR reset or continues?

I reason they are both Tier2 so it continues but a lot of people seem to have a lot of different opinions.

What do you guys think?
Yes, it continues. You will be fine if you switch employers.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
Derinde2223:
Hello everyone thank you for all the advice on my previous post I have just received my skilled worker visa approval for 3 years.
Application date- 16/12/22
Approval date - 23/12/22

Thank you again everyone.

Congratulations to you.

Was this normal or priority? And did you get a BRP or it is electronic proof now?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:
[/b]

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
mizGene:

Yes, it continues. You will be fine if you switch employers.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by paroh137(m): 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

DSTV Supersport........ cheesy

For we IPTV crew .......... grin

Bro how do I get this iptv Abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.