Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,732 members, 7,813,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171516 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2022

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
alongetayo:
Good Morning.

Please I need sincere advices.

I got a Customer Service job [full time] with Llyods bank, through a recruiting firm though. Net pay is £1,660 and they pay every 2 weeks (£830).

Please is that a good pay? Considering the fact tge we moved in Aug? Or I should rather start care? I was told I can make more if I start care/support job. Or i should just focus on this job?

NB: Wifey is a student and makes like £1,200/Monthly also.
My partner’s friend started out as a customer service advisor at Santander, he applied for an internal role advertised within the company and he got the job. Pay was multiple times his salary so I’d say just give it a shot. You can use it to hold body while you look for a better job.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Godfavour2020: 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
Please want to ask a question.

I am a graphic designer, all the graphic design jobs posted I have been seeing on indeed and totaljobs (UK) are not posting 20hrs per week. Mostly are full time with average of 30hrs per week. Is it possible to work with them knowing I have limited working hour of 20 per week
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
pretty1986:
Good afternoon sir, Please If a Man is working full time as a Caregiver in UK,can he save up to 3000 pounds each months ?and like how much is the hourly pay of a Caregiver?.Thanks.

I’m sorry I don’t know much about care work. I can say though that saving 3,000 after expenses seems wildly unrealistic, but take that with a pinch of salt sha.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
pretty1986:
Good afternoon sir, Please If a Man is working full time as a Caregiver in UK,can he save up to 3000 pounds each months ?and like how much is the hourly pay of a Caregiver?.Thanks.

Live in carer ? No bills, no rent.

Very possible.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
Help still needed, please. thanks!
DoubleN:
Hi Guys,

Please are there any other sites to book short stays apart from AirBnB and Booking.com? Will appreciate a plug.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 1:50am On Dec 22, 2022
semmyk:
Parenting in the UK might be a good place on coping with children. https://www.nairaland.com/7021004/parenting-uk-nigerian-migrant
@Mamatukwas new member don land. Make una show the rope

Omo na d parenting gon dey show us pepper like this! I’m now checking Nairaland every 2 business days! Ko easy but thanks for the mention smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CORE(m): 6:11am On Dec 22, 2022
Hello Guys,I just moved to UK. I want to buy a car. Pls I need your recommendation on the relevant models to use. Things to consider....must be automatic, tax low and cheap to maintain
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2022
Amarathripple0:

My partner’s friend started out as a customer service advisor at Santander, he applied for an internal role advertised within the company and he got the job. Pay was multiple times his salary so I’d say just give it a shot. You can use it to hold body while you look for a better job.

Does it give an edge if you are already in the system before applying for those other roles?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by shawrygal(f): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Oh bummer! Sorry about that. It’s no biggie, there are a lot of customer service jobs that offer 20 hours a week and also remote and I did that for months.
Good morning. Please am interested in this. Hope can you help me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
pretty1986:

If you sleep on the bus, shower in McDonald's and do aggressive intermittent fasting, it's possible.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
CORE:
Hello Guys,I just moved to UK. I want to buy a car. Pls I need your recommendation on the relevant models to use. Things to consider....must be automatic, tax low and cheap to maintain
Late model of these model will give very low road tax and equally cheap to maintain but doesnt expect extra convenience Toyota aygo ,Nissan micra ,Kia Picanto

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2022
just tell him its impossible

to save 3k a month I think the salary must be at least 4500 a month and that's a prudent man

wonlasewonimi:

If you sleep on the bus, shower in McDonald's and do aggressive intermittent fasting, it's possible.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayomidelabaeka5: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
Goke7:

masters certificate is ok for proof of English, tuberculosis certificate is not necessary as it's no longer valid because the one issued in Nigeria has 6 months validity. You no longer need TB cert if you are in the UK. She surely needs COS. She can also use the IDV app to confirm her identity instead of an appointment since she's in the UK.

I sent those links because everything is so clear in there. A little reading on those sites will answer every other question, it's that simple

Just to add, even for proof of English, she doesn't need it as she already has an earlier successful student visa application where her English was already verified and evidenced by the School she attended.

Hi I have a question please, I am EU citizen and my husband has been refused twice for EUSs family permit because the eco wasn’t satisfied that we are really married, now he wants to come by student visa and he has everything ready and also declared the refusals in his application and my details well. Has anyone gone through this please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ayomidelabaeka5:

Hi I have a question please, I am EU citizen and my husband has been refused twice for EUSs family permit because the eco wasn’t satisfied that we are really married, now he wants to come by student visa and he has everything ready and also declared the refusals in his application and my details well. Has anyone gone through this please?

Why not satisfy the reason for the refusals.......

When a cheaper relocation option is available, why tunnelling down the more expensive route ........

Or you are in agreement, with the reasons of refusals..........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Experience talking........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
jum33:

Late model of these model will give very low road tax and equally cheap to maintain but doesnt expect extra convenience Toyota aygo ,Nissan micra ,Kia Picanto

Don't forget to add Honda jazz ........

They would have Bluetooth/aux port, AC, automatic windows etc etc etc

What other extra convenience, do you seek ......... cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
hustla:

Does it give an edge if you are already in the system before applying for those other roles?
Yea it does, you can email the recruiter directly with your CV. A lot of companies send out these openings in an email to their staff and they encourage people to apply.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Yea it does, you can email the recruiter directly with your CV. A lot of companies send out these openings in an email to their staff and they encourage people to apply.

Alright then

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LaXxOnebody(m): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2022
Baba from what year do you recommend?

Also, are you not jeopardizing your chances at getting a Lexus endorsement with this your Wike-like Honda endorsement?

Lexusgs430:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2022
LaXxOnebody:
Baba from what year do you recommend?

Also, are you not jeopardizing your chances at getting a Lexus endorsement with this your Wike-like Honda endorsement?

Lexus can look after themselves........ cheesy

Depends on your budget........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ayomidelabaeka5:

Student visa is point based system

Get the required points, get your visa.

Ensure you declare the refusals too, Might (not) affect your SV application.

Switch to appropriate visa after his study.

consult an immigration lawyer too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ayomidelabaeka5:

It will be easier and cheaper to get EUSs visa than student visa, providing evidence of sustaining marriage is not difficult.

Work on the reason(s) of refusal and reapply

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hyzich(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
Hi Elders, I got my visa last month so I stated applying for jobs in UK using my sister's address in UK on my cv while in naija. fortunately, I got a job with a good coy in UK but I got a mail today to furnish them with my addresses in the last 5 years. My sister told me to come straight because I am still in Nigeria and I won't be in UK till January 2023. I am really confused because the offer is good but I really do not want to be seen as a cheat or liar which will affect my future in uk.. please big bros and sis your advice is needed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 7:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Honda Jazz is a no no cos it makes use of cvt transmission and cvt is very prone to fault .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
jum33:

Honda Jazz is a no no cos it makes use of cvt transmission and cvt is very prone to fault .

Toyota CHR, is also cvt driven .......

We're not talking about Nissan cvt's ........ I can see Murano don show you pepper............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2022
jum33:

Ever heard of

XADO EX120 Automatic Gearbox & DSG/CVT/Tiptronic Restorer Oil Additive Treatment.......

Better than holy oil ........ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2022
hyzich:
Hi Elders, I got my visa last month so I stated applying for jobs in UK using my sister's address in UK on my cv while in naija. fortunately, I got a job with a good coy in UK but I got a mail today to furnish them with my addresses in the last 5 years. My sister told me to come straight because I am still in Nigeria and I won't be in UK till January 2023. I am really confused because the offer is good but I really do not want to be seen as a cheat or liar which will affect my future in uk.. please big bros and sis your advice is needed.
If you’ve booked your flight, put your arrival date to present on your UK address, e.g January 5th 2023 - Present. (10 Downing Street, SW10)
let the recruiter untangle it. If they’re unclear they’ll likely come back to you for further details.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Meogom: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2022
My good people, please can someone who is one month and few weeks old in uk get a phone contract?

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.