Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1192781 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ralphlauren:

Not correct.
Anything that happens to the main applicant's visa directly affects all linked dependants.
If main applicant switches visa or visa is curtailed,it will affect all linked applicants.
no.
The dependents can continue on a pre-existing visa while the main applicant changes jobs/employers and changes their visa.
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/update-your-visa-if-you-change-job-or-employer

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
yolkman20:

hey bro. I'm currently based on London but planning to move to Northampton. Viewing has been a major challenge as most agencies I've been talking to don't allow virtual viewing.

Please, I need help with viewing, I'd appreciate if you could help or Know anyone around who could help. More so, I'd appreciate If anyone staying around NN1-3 can help as well.

Or anyone has 2bed house for rent here? please mention me here..

Thanks everyone.
I am far from NN1 - 3. Send me a message via email
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2023
Bourne007:
Google maps 🤔

I meant work oo.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Please any advice on how to secure job in Kettering?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
Contact the guy he might know one.

Luchiano54:
I already know about this. Thanks.
But I still need the services of a tax lawyer so I'd be happy if someone can refer me to anyone.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2023
Hi guys, I ptesently have a student account with Barclays. Please does it make any difference switching to a different type of account now I am no longer a student.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phil46: 12:13am On Feb 12, 2023
Please, would I need a short-stay Schengen visa if I'm traveling from the UK to Nigeria and will have 2 stops in 2 Schengen countries? I'd thought a transit visa would do but my little research seems to show otherwise. Abeg, your answer will be highly appreciated especially from anyone who has experienced this before. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seyejohn94: 4:14am On Feb 12, 2023
If you will be passing through two Schengen countries during your journey from the UK to Nigeria, you will likely need a short-stay Schengen visa, not just a transit visa. I would recommend checking the visa requirements for each country you will be visiting to ensure you have the appropriate documentation before you travel. It's always best to be prepared to avoid any issues or complications during your journey.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seyejohn94: 4:22am On Feb 12, 2023
Preshyi:
Hi guys, I ptesently have a student account with Barclays. Please does it make any difference switching to a different type of account now I am no longer a student.
Yes, it may be worth considering switching to a different type of account now that you are no longer a student. Student accounts often come with special features and benefits, such as interest-free overdrafts(1500 for Barclays) , which may not be available with regular current accounts. By switching to a different account, you may be able to find better features and benefits that are more suited to your current financial situation and needs. You can also contact their service center.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phil46: 10:36am On Feb 12, 2023
seyejohn94:
If you will be passing through two Schengen countries during your journey from the UK to Nigeria, you will likely need a short-stay Schengen visa, not just a transit visa. I would recommend checking the visa requirements for each country you will be visiting to ensure you have the appropriate documentation before you travel. It's always best to be prepared to avoid any issues or complications during your journey.

Thank you very much for the information. My only concern is proof of accommodation. Since I'm only transiting through those countries, booking hotels will be a waste of money. But then it's one of the requirements.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Herbworks: 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
I need pound ooo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JaySterling: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
Guys please advise me. I saw a nice place I want to rent and they are asking for former landlord references or guarantor

The landlord said if I don’t have references or guarantor, he can waive it if I can pay for the 6 months rent in advance.

My contract is 6 months

I can afford to pay for the 6 months rent but hope I won’t regret this later on?

Please what are the pros and cons of paying for all the rent in your contract at once ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2023
JaySterling:
Guys please advise me. I saw a nice place I want to rent and they are asking for former landlord references or guarantor

The landlord said if I don’t have references or guarantor, he can waive it if I can pay for the 6 months rent in advance.

My contract is 6 months

I can afford to pay for the 6 months rent but hope I won’t regret this later on?

Please what are the pros and cons of paying for all the rent in your contract at once ?

The contract is for 6 months minimum so you have committed to paying for 6 months anyway so the only difference is paying upfront. If you can afford it and all is in order, pay.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Herbworks:
I need pound ooo

How much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by audrey54me: 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
There's a warehouse in corby if you don't mind. They employ people but it'snight shift.
mayowa94:
Hello
I just relocated to Kettering who reside here that can show me way.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
audrey54me:
There's a warehouse in corby if you don't mind. They employ people but it'snight shift.
How can I contact you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teenwa: 6:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Good evening Gurus in the house.Please we need your advise here.
I am currently on Tier 4 visa while my husband and children are on dependent visas.After settling down and starting work,my husband got a US Visa to proceed with his doctorate degree programme in the US(an old application).He is now in the US doing the programme.
For now,we are yet to decide on which way to go in terms of settling down after my 1 yr programme. So we are trying to abide by all the rules in case I need to switch to Tier2 in UK.

We hear he must not spend 180days outside UK.
If anyone knows much about this,pls help throw more light as he does not want to default on his current dependent Visa.

Your guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks always .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2023
audrey54me:
send me an email mayohenderson5@gmail.com
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tynnah: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hello,
Please I have someone(student) that arrived London in December but has not been able to secure a job till now. All efforts have been futile e.g requests for care job referencing, rejections because of proximity to warehouse jobs location etc. Please can you help with a sure job link or lead, this will be highly appreciated? Kindly help. Many thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tynnah: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
rayralph:

Download indeed Flex from AppStore, follow through with the onboarding process.

Getting an interview slot for indeed flex is like getting to heaven now. Or is there a better way to go about it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tynnah:

Getting an interview slot for indeed flex is like getting to heaven now. Or is there a better way to go about it?

But I have been getting grin
Got like 4 lined up and even missed one on Friday
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tynnah:
Hello,
Please I have someone(student) that arrived London in December but has not been able to secure a job till now. All efforts have been futile e.g requests for care job referencing, rejections because of proximity to warehouse jobs location etc. Please can you help with a sure job link or lead, this will be highly appreciated? Kindly help. Many thanks in advance

shocked
London? Its like the easiest place to get casual jobs

Tell the person to download Obair work app and send a mail to mauro@appetite4work.co.uk or vilina@appetite4work.co.uk. They deal mainly with Event jobs

Said person can also tweak CV for Indeed.com jobs wink

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Teenwa:
I am currently on Tier 4 visa while my husband and children are on dependent visas.After settling down and starting work,my husband got a US Visa to proceed with his doctorate degree programme in the US(an old application).He is now in the US doing the programme.
For now,we are yet to decide on which way to go in terms of settling down after my 1 yr programme. So we are trying to abide by all the rules in case I need to switch to Tier2 in UK.

If anyone knows much about this,pls help throw more light as he does not want to default on his current dependent Visa.

Thanks always .

US to me is a much better option than UK (money making, ease of hitting good pay etc for most fields)

UK does not even know how to go about the student visa thing and appear unbalanced or confused as of this moment.

Best for me would be to complete your schooling and then move to the US too. He can visit before 180 days lapses (assuming its at a stretch and not total)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Please does anyone here a 2 bedroom flat for rent ? Or a shared ensuite room for rent?
Preferred locations for both accommodation-East London.

I am asking for some friends please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
Teenwa:

Thanks always .
What is your exact question?

Do you want to know if it's true or false that spending 180 days outside UK will be defaulting on his visa conditions or you believe it's true but want to know the worse that could happen if he did anyway either now or in the future?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
hustla:

US to me is a much better option than UK (money making, ease of hitting good pay etc for most fields)

UK does not even know how to go about the student visa thing and appear unbalanced or confused as of this moment.

Best for me would be to complete your schooling and then move to the US too. He can visit before 180 days lapses (assuming its at a stretch and not total)

The problem with this advise is that the US doesnt really clear path for transitioning from student path to permanent residency. I know people who have kept hopping from one to course to another after post study work I am talking between 7 to 8 years. If you take into consideration the H1B visa backlog, you will realise that for moving to do US, One will have to do loads and loads of research on how best to stay on long term.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2023
Santa2:

The problem with this advise is that the US doesnt really clear path for transitioning from student path to permanent residency. I know people who have kept hopping from one to course to another after post study work I am talking between 7 to 8 years. If you take into consideration the H1B visa backlog, you will realise that for moving to do US, One will have to do loads and loads of research on how best to stay on long term.

Does this apply to tech guys and nurses?

I really don't know the pathway in the US though as most people I know took the other route wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
Accommodation proof isn't necessary if you're only transiting.
Phil46:

Thank you very much for the information. My only concern is proof of accommodation. Since I'm only transiting through those countries, booking hotels will be a waste of money. But then it's one of the requirements.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tynnah:

Call the indeed flex team directly to book an interview slot.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2023
Teenwa:

Thanks always .

Bolded only has implications for ILR/settlement, no impact on his visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.