Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,063 members, 7,828,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191447 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joshua62: 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
hustla:

Spread your tentacles to Leeds smiley

Will try this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joshua62: 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
giselle237:
u got to this country early this month… calm down and stop pressuring urself unduely.. today is only February 15thh… that’s max u have spent in UK is 2 weeks and u are saying all this. please cool it down.

Ehn!
I really don't like being idle. Time flies oo...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eaganguolly(m): 12:20am On Feb 16, 2023
giselle237:
u got to this country early this month… calm down and stop pressuring urself unduely.. today is only February 15thh… that’s max u have spent in UK is 2 weeks and u are saying all this. please cool it down.

Exactly. Why the complain in just less thank 15days? You barely know the place except for what you have been reading online. Next he will come up with a discouraging negative story about the UK

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 12:41am On Feb 16, 2023
bigtt76:
🤣🤣🤣 Make dem gbera mend pickin naa baby daddy and mama things 😂😂😂

Omo the guy no want baby o.
But the girl dey say nonsense stuffs like in her village they dont abort. Girl wey never know ow she go pay part2 to part4 school fee wan keep pikin. Me i just dey laugh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sinchester: 2:00am On Feb 16, 2023
giselle237:

Yes I understand.
The koko is you are married.

Yes o. Thank you jare. I appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sinchester: 2:01am On Feb 16, 2023
hyzich:

Same here bro, I can't go through that stress biko..

No time jare. Wahalur o wa poju
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 2:23am On Feb 16, 2023
Joshua62:
Guys I need una help or advise,

My professional CV has granted me series of interviews to jobs but once I tell them that am restricted to 20hours..they tell me to reach out when I can do full-time.

At this junction, I need tips on how to get any menial jobs. I don apply for indeed, I can't even count the unfortunately emails I don get.
I got to Sunderland early this month.

I reside in Sunderland (SR2).

What advise or tips can you offer?

I don tire like this... 😂

Try Primary Care, Castleview, and Sunderland support. I live in SR2 too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AetA: 2:48am On Feb 16, 2023
seunoj:

In all of this info, u did not state the location you are going. How person go take help na?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:49am On Feb 16, 2023
eniola1010:

Omo the guy no want baby o.
But the girl dey say nonsense stuffs like in her village they dont abort. Girl wey never know ow she go pay part2 to part4 school fee wan keep pikin. Me i just dey laugh

When hin dey do the thing, hin no think say pickin go eventually wan graduate.........😂🤣

Hìn no see boots or poundland to enter, to buy rubber/or better still pour àkàmú for bedsheet ........😜🤣

This pickin MUST be born (sharp girl)........😁😂

That pickin nah her gateway........😁😂

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AetA: 2:51am On Feb 16, 2023
apologies for thhat, Location is Derby but anywhere not too far from there i can manage too
seunoj:

In all of this info, u did not state the location you are going. How person go take help na?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 5:20am On Feb 16, 2023
Elders, United Utilities don comot sleep from my eyes, abeg £584.08 for the period of 31.03.2023 to 31.03.2024 coupled with £299.91 that i am still trying to clear before 31.03.2023. eleyi o wa poju bayi. Isn't this too much ? How can i go about it ? Is too much ke. For ordinary water o. Any tweak to this thing ? Edakun o. When i called to complain, they said the bill is being charged on the size of the property. 2 bedroom apartment o with only me and my wife. I told them we're just 2 in the house. They said its not about the number of people living in the house, but the size of the property. I just weak. And i noticed one thing about these UK customer care services and this cuts across all services being rendered when you call them to complain about something, instead of them to solve that issue or give you a solution that would favour you, they would rather tell you their own reasons why you should pay the amount they're charging you and you have to pay. Next thing you go hear na say "What's your name for us to set up direct debit" shey you dey whine me ni, na because of direct debit i call ni abi una wan strangulate my life and pocket.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:47am On Feb 16, 2023
igbsam:
Elders, United Utilities don comot sleep from my eyes, abeg £584.08 for the period of 31.03.2023 to 31.03.2024 coupled with £299.91 that i am still trying to clear before 31.03.2023. eleyi o wa poju bayi. Isn't this too much ? How can i go about it ? Is too much ke. For ordinary water o. Any tweak to this thing ? Edakun o. When i called to complain, they said the bill is being charged on the size of the property. 2 bedroom apartment o with only me and my wife. I told them we're just 2 in the house. They said its not about the number of people living in the house, but the size of the property. I just weak. And i noticed one thing about these UK customer care services and this cuts across all services being rendered when you call them to complain about something, instead of them to solve that issue or give you a solution that would favour you, they would rather tell you their own reasons why you should pay the amount they're charging you and you have to pay. Next thing you go hear na say "What's your name for us to set up direct debit" shey you dey whine me ni, na because of direct debit i call ni abi una wan strangulate my life and pocket.

Are you on a water meter ...........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 5:55am On Feb 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Are you on a water meter ...........

No sir, i am not
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:20am On Feb 16, 2023
igbsam:

No sir, i am not

Unfortunately, it seems they just allocate bills per property........

If you had a water meter, this matter for no exist.......

With a water meter installed, my bill is £392 (for almost the same period) (family of 5) + I watch my children like a hawk, excessive length of time in the shower, turning on taps longer than normal etc etc ......

They receive a very loud bark, from this dog of the house .........😜😂🤣

You can send a complaint letter to ofwat (before you do, send a letter to your provider and inform them about your usage + occupants).........

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 8:10am On Feb 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We go soon start to pay for air ......😜🤣
you are already paying . Emissions car dey pay fine . ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:13am On Feb 16, 2023
Munamoqel:
you are already paying . Emissions car dey pay fine . ?

I am ulez compliant......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 10:02am On Feb 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately, it seems they just allocate bills per property........

If you had a water meter, this matter for no exist.......

With a water meter installed, my bill is £392 (for almost the same period) (family of 5) + I watch my children like a hawk, excessive length of time in the shower, turning on taps longer than normal etc etc ......

They receive a very loud bark, from this dog of the house .........😜😂🤣

You can send a complaint letter to ofwat (before you do, send a letter to your provider and inform them about your usage + occupants).........

I will do that. I will give them a call again and possibly this request them to install a meter for me. Cos i cannot survive this o. Is tew mush
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:08am On Feb 16, 2023
igbsam:

I will do that. I will give them a call again and possibly this request them to install a meter for me. Cos i cannot survive this o. Is tew mush

I did not say call them, I said write them....... Unfortunately, not all water utility companies, issue water meters (you can try)......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2023
please is 32 kwh of energy consumption per day is normal or too high for a family of 5 living a 2 bedroom apartment as i pay an average of 270 pounds per month which is feel is too outrageous for electricity bill . (Mind you the apartment is solely electricty powered no gas )
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babranancy: 10:39am On Feb 16, 2023
Good morning my people, please I need help. Does anyone know any number I can call to get to the Nigerian embassy in London. I having been calling with the numbers I got from their website yet they are not picking. I am really tired of them. I did my passport renewal since September 2022 and yet I haven’t gotten my passport back. The last time I went there by 2pm, they sent me back reason because I came late. I am just so tired of them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adedoks(m): 11:02am On Feb 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If the agent made over 400 payments, with improper records keeping........ Where do you start from........

The simplest way forward is for the applicant, to redirect the payment........ If not, someone would be having an early xmas present........😂🤣

My fear is how easy will it be to redirect the payment?

I called IHS and they said that the money will be paid back to the card that was used to make the initial payment.
They will only ask us for a new account to pay the money into if it fails to enter the card that was initially used.
Our prayer now is that the transaction should fail so that they can ask us for a new account to refund the money
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 11:10am On Feb 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I did not say call them, I said write them....... Unfortunately, not all water utility companies, issue water meters (you can try)......

Alright. noted
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 11:17am On Feb 16, 2023
NDANAKU1:
Hello, please am presently in Newport I need help getting a job any job I don't mind.

I also need help in getting accommodation

Are you sorted?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2023
igbsam:

My brother. Na so this UK be o. We dey see shege banza
the society is not designed for wealth accumulation but for living . They try to take back so much from one In return for a working system for Majority .

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joshua62: 11:26am On Feb 16, 2023
Eaganguolly:

Exactly. Why the complain in just less thank 15days? You barely know the place except for what you have been reading online. Next he will come up with a discouraging negative story about the UK

You don't need to conclude this way. It's not bad if I feel that way and push my concerns out here. That's why we are all here to help each other.
Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joshua62: 11:27am On Feb 16, 2023
babajeje123:

Try Primary Care, Castleview, and Sunderland support. I live in SR2 too.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 11:47am On Feb 16, 2023
Good afternoon my people, please does anyone know a free website where I can get verified evening childminder. All the websites I'm seeing are asking me to pay money to upgrade before I can get contact of child minder.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
I wanted to share this hoping that it helps someone. If you are a current student or a recent graduate in the UK, sign up for the Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB)

Once you complete your registration and upload your CV you will get personalized graduate jobs and internship recommendations and also support to prepare your application and interviews.

You can also use it to search for and apply for roles.

This is the link to sign up: https://www.grb.uk.com/sbm/1181619

Note: You need to be studying in the UK or recently graduated and still have access to your university email to be eligible.

Enjoy!!

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
Munamoqel:
oboy una dey suffer for this UK oooh .for najia if you Don mount better borehole plus treatment plant you go use water tire . My bore hole cost around 700k I have been using it for 8 years with 2000 litres tank .

Only in RUK, we don’t have a separate meter bill in Scotland. It’s all included in our council tax bill.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.