Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1190821 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AltCtrlDel: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
Zahra29:

What type of background check do you mean?By the school or your employer? Schools do not conduct background checks on parents

Overseas Police Check For Certificate of Good Character

bigtt76:
Ha your son wrote about his dad being a thief?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can’t figure out what sparked such imagination till today. His mother said maybe because she always tells them “you know your dad would do anything to give you guys the best in life, so you gotta do well in your academics to make him proud “🤣🤣🤣

Since that day nobody gives baba all those inspirational quotes again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

AltCtrlDel:

Overseas Police Check For Certificate of Good Character

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can’t figure out what sparked such imagination till today. His mother said maybe because she always tells them “you know your dad would do anything to give you guys the best in life, so you gotta do well in your academics to make him proud “🤣🤣🤣

Since that day nobody gives baba all those inspirational quotes again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2023
Viruses:
I'm getting a car finance and the car dealer is quoting 11.9% interest rate. My bank is even worse with a 19.9%. Anyone know's where I can get a cheaper deal for car finance?

11.9% is not so bad though depending on your Credit rating

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2023
Viruses:
I'm getting a car finance and the car dealer is quoting 11.9% interest rate. My bank is even worse with a 19.9%. Anyone know's where I can get a cheaper deal for car finance?

Have you tried a bank loan ......... The Apr is usually much better + no lien on the vehicle...........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2023
Delayed Haba. This simply mean you did sputum test because of irregularity in your X-ray.
giftedchild009:
What led to the delay is IOM results, IOM delayed the TB test certificate for more than 10 weeks before they release it and ... ... Can I sue UKVI for this?
Suing UKVI is a different thing. Not so sure how far you'll go on that. If TLS is not joined, your matter will stalled with non-joiner technicalities without dealing with the substance!
Inbtw, you should engage with the UK students visa thread

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Have you tried a bank loan ......... The Apr is usually much better + no lien on the vehicle...........
Lloyds bank is giving me 19.9%. I was even surprised. I bank with Lloyds and Monzo only.

Can a bank I don't have an account with grant such loan?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2023
Viruses:

Lloyds bank is giving me 19.9%. I was even surprised. I bank with Lloyds and Monzo only.

Can a bank I don't have an account with grant such loan?

It's not only banks, that offers loans....... Loads of loan provider's in the market.......

Monzo also gives loans, but Monzo does the hardest of searches......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 10:44pm On Feb 25, 2023
Odedenshi1:

Yes, I think it is.

I sincerely need all the help I can get as I have just been made aware by the Family Support Worker that he has made a referral to LADO. I am just confused and worried because of my profession, I don’t know what to do.
Please anyone with a useful information that can help my cause kindly reach out. These people are seriously on my case even though I have not been found wanting, it is even my wife that is even stricter with the children. Now they are trying to attack my career, to destroy everything I have laboured for…

PM and I'll link you up with my in law who works as a child social worker in Northampton. He maybe able to offer guidance.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2023
gergemam:
Please guys I need the IPTV subscription that shows either BeiN sports or SuperSports.

I heard about it here.

https://getvbuy.com/collections/livego-datoo-world-tv

Ask for 24hr free test.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 12:02am On Feb 26, 2023
giftedchild009:

What led to the delay is IOM results, IOM delayed the TB test certificate for more than 10 weeks before they release it and school was aware of all this delay. The same week the IOM TB certificate was released is the week I applied for the Visa. My issue is priority is usually 5 working days to get the decision and also return the passport back to TLS, so why was the passport delayed even till now it has not been return back to me. Can I sue UKVI for this?
You should be able to get your priority fees refunded. I am not sure you have a legal resort in this case but if you decide to sue, that will be a reasonable step. Check online to see if there is past precedence.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giftedchild009: 1:17am On Feb 26, 2023
chrisj2:

You will definitely get your IHS fee back!

Maybe there were issues with international mail but who knows? Why would they refuse to return your passport after giving you a VISA? That is difficult one.

When does your course start?

How can I go about IHS fee refund?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 1:21am On Feb 26, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:01am On Feb 26, 2023
chrisj2:

You will definitely get your IHS fee back!

Maybe there were issues with international mail but who knows? Why would they refuse to return your passport after giving you a VISA? That is difficult one.

When does your course start?

He will not because his application was successful, you get refunded when the visa was denied or you cancelled the application before decision was made.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Odedenshi1(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2023
Ticha:

I PMed you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chrisj2(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2023
justwise:

He will not because his application was successful, you get refunded when the visa was denied or you cancelled the application before decision was made.

Justwise might be right according to the published info on .gov...

However, given that you are not deliberately refusing to come to the UK; the school cancelled your admission, hence your VISA is useless to you, you should apply for a refund.

Go to the IHS section: https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds

You can but try!

* The Tuberculosis result delay is a curious one... You have been unlucky on some respects with the delays... But like advised, try to see if you can delay admission for next start
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chrisj2(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2023
Robin Hood or is it robbing hood? He no fit give Amazon stuff to charity or kids that their parents cannot afford such gifts but he gave his 'taken' stuff to his family.

I am sorry that is not the story of Robin Hood and a 7 year old writing such a story is far too clever for his own good. Motivational speech take does not even cut it!
Why Amazon?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:54pm On Feb 26, 2023
vikaosi:
Who needs pounds. I want to sell as I need naira.

How much ₦ you need & what's your rate ...... This would guide intended person's ............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:55pm On Feb 26, 2023
chrisj2:
Robin Hood or is it robbing hood? He no fit give Amazon stuff to charity or kids that their parents cannot afford such gifts but he gave his 'taken' stuff to his family.

I am sorry that is not the story of Robin Hood and a 7 year old writing such a story is far too clever for his own good. Motivational speech take does not even cut it!
Why Amazon?

Kpele....... How many bottles did you have ........😜😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2023
Oya ọ ...... Time to watch TV ......😂

Are we going to have another orubebe........😁🤣

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by vito85(m): 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
Please I want to get a care worker job in the uk how do I go about it ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2023
The Nigerian Community Association in Bradford (NCAB), presents an interactive session on "parenting / Children Law UK"

Children are our future and we must do right to raise them right. Given the cultural conflict on how to raise children in Nigeria, compared to the UK, the Nigerian Community Association in Bradford is organising an interactive session, with expert and experienced discussions on how to train our kids right, without falling foul of the British laws.

The highly anticipated workshop is scheduled to hold as follows

Session: An interactive session on "parenting / Children Law UK"

Date: Sunday, February 26th 2023

Time: 6pm

Venue: Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5260377898?pwd=Z09ZOUhLM0s3MkN3ZVBUek4vVzNIZz09

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
Guys how much is needed for visit visa to uk and what duration will the money sit in the acc for?

Also, can someone who is yet to apply for the visa do tb test. Cab tb test be done before visa application
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by doublesigh: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2023
eniola1010:
Guys how much is needed for visit visa to uk and what duration will the money sit in the acc for?

Also, can someone who is yet to apply for the visa do tb test. Cab tb test be done before visa application

You don’t need TB test to go to the UK from NG except you have plans to stay more than 5-6 months I believe . Also, for my last visit visa last year, I had around 250-300K balance. I think the historical activity of the account is more important.

> also I have been previously granted a UK visa a few times previously so that might have be a factor

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2023
doublesigh:

You don’t need Tb test to go to the UK from NG except you have plans to stay more than 5-6 months I believe . Also, for my last visit visa last year, I had 400K balance. I think the historical activity of the account is more important.

Ok tanks. The tb test question is for someone who is coming to stay more than 6 months. So i wanna know if the person can go and do tb test down. The person. Passport is not yet ready.

But she wanna be getting stuffs ready before the passport comes out. She wanna do the tb test and other necessary things down. So as soon as passport comes out, she applies.

What she does not know now is if it is possible to do tb test before visa application
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by doublesigh: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
eniola1010:

Ok tanks. The tb test question is for someone who is coming to stay more than 6 months. So i wanna know if the person can go and do tb test down. The person. Passport is not yet ready.

But she wanna be getting stuffs ready before the passport comes out. She wanna do the tb test and other necessary things down. So as soon as passport comes out, she applies.

What she does not know now is if it is possible to do tb test before visa application

TB tests are valid for 4-6 months after it was issued for Uk visa I think
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by acosfd: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2023
eniola1010:

I don't think you can do without a passport

I don't think you can do the test without a passport
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
Sorry, it's sold out.
TouchOfSpice:

Boss. I need naira. What's your rate kiss

Hahaha! Na future notes.

Lexusgs430:

Old notes or new notes .......😜😭😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2023
eniola1010:

But she wanna be getting stuffs ready before the passport comes out. She wanna do the tb test and other necessary things down. So as soon as passport comes out, she applies. What she does not know now is if it is possible to do tb test before visa application
maximum stay for a visit visa is 6 months per visit and some guidelines put this as 6 months in any given year and tb test is not indicated for a visit cisa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
chrisj2:

Sad!

I feel for you and understand your frustration. Imagine being offered food vouchers - I am glad you did not accept because some people are so greedy that they take anything free on offer.

The issue of kids eating every hour is one that I can relate or understand. I put that issue solely down to my missus that has come to join and was the sole carer of the children in Nigeria.

Even this morning, a half term weekend, one of them has just had a small amount of cereal with milk and a cup of hot chocolate. Said, she was full! How come? Not even have toast or apple but within an hour, she will be asking for snacks.

The missus feed then junk and mostly sweetened items; cereals, waffles, dough nuts and lots of crisps and biscuits and sweets - she is also the chief officer of eating all them sugar and snack type foo; now moved on to maccyDsvand KFCs. Nja has done her and she has done the kids - they rarely eat vegetables or variety of food - even Nja food is not eaten anymore; Yanga!

Anyways, try and make sure the children get up early and eat well and not having to snack every hour..

As for discipline - this is not Nigeria; all the shouting and threats and even beating will not work and kids talk to each other and teachers; sometimes things come out innocently and other times they are tricked or cajoled based on bias or innocent comments.

Child says to teacher, there is so much noise and disruption in class; these will not happen in my old school in nja, they will be flogged - green light to interrogate what is happening at home...

I should also add that one of mine is entitled to free lunch or food but we go with packed lunch because they do not like school food or eat what they have on the menu; things that are good for them. Missus just give them mostly rubbish and the occasional fruits and yogurt if she can be bothered. They are even entitled to fruits and yogurt anyways.

Snacking from lunch box is probably not allowed if they are on school meals... They are generally not allowed to be dipping into lunch boxes at an early age.

Welcome to the UK where parenting is different and made even more difficult by the woke attitudes of the do-gooders... Good luck. Keep

your head and that of your family down!
You keep saying missus is giving them junks. Don't you live in the house with them?

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:15am On Feb 27, 2023
How does trading your old car for a new one work?

Can one brand be traded for another? Like trade in BMW when you want to buy Audi or it must be Audi for Audi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.