Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179245 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Focus99: 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2023
Yea, you are right USA and Canada is best for car importation business. But a good website to buy from will be the issue especially when one doesn't have someone in both countries to view the car physically.

hustla:

Best to look at Canada / US jejeli to avoid stories that touch the heart and soul

Thanks! grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hyzich(m): 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2023
Hi Elders,

Trust everyone is coping well with the weather.

Please I need advice on the 2 offers I just got because they are my first job Experience in UK. Both roles align to my background as a finance person & none offered sponsorship but I'm not really bothered as I hold a skilled worker dependent visa.

1st offer.
A 12 months FTC with a leading retail chain in UK and pay is almost 13k above the second offer. The coy is good on CV to port.

2nd offer.

A permanent role with an audit firm in Dorchester not among the top 80 firms when I checked. However, eperience is worth it as I would be exposed UK gaaps(frs 101,102 etc).

Cc: santander semmyk lexusgs430
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2023
Do you want permanence or flexibility? Do you look forward to moving to a new role after 12 months or would you like to have some stability until you decide that you need a change?
Which experience do you reckon will leave you more satisfied in terms of the JD? Which one do you see leading toward your planned career aspirations?
What benefits do both companies offer aside pay? Trainings, work in different areas/subsidiaries etc.

Ultimately, you need to do a SWOT analysis of both offers and go for the one that benefits you more.

hyzich:
Hi Elders,

Please I need advice on the 2 offers I just got because they are my first job Experience in UK. Both roles align to my background as a finance person & none offered sponsorship but I'm not really bothered as I hold a skilled worker dependent visa.

1st offer.
A 12 months FTC with a leading retail chain in UK and pay is almost 13k above the second offer. The coy is good on CV to port.

2nd offer.

A permanent role with an audit firm in Dorchester not among the top 80 firms when I checked. However, eperience is worth it as I would be exposed UK gaaps(frs 101,102 etc).

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Omo this UK… Child/Children comes 1st in their hierarchical order of preferences…. Na man 👨 come last 🥹🥹
I joking told someone that the order of UK preferential treatment is
1. Children
2. Women
3. Animals
4. Men.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2023
hyzich:
Hi Elders,

1st offer.

2nd offer.

Thanks

There are so many things to consider but without more information, I would gravitate towards the 2nd because I'm not a big fan of contract roles in these early stages as the terms are fixed and they can easily be terminated, you're seen as a mercenary with little benefits nor career progression and are often easily replaced should circumstances change. On the other hand, they pay more BUT no benefits, pension contributions, room for increment, promotion, etc.

I once got a permanent role, resumed and within few months, the Management approved a salary raise of 5% across board after a year of deliberation (long before I joined) and it was backdated for 3 months. I benefitted from that ONLY because I was permanent.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2023
Odedenshi1 - The first mistake you made was panicking.............

The second mistake you made, was signing that document........ Further implicating yourselves.........

Resolution........ Send a letter to that safeguarding team, and resetting the clock ...........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Odedenshi1 - The first mistake you made was panicking.............

The second mistake you made, was signing that document........ Further implicating yourselves.........

Resolution........ Send a letter to that safeguarding team, and resetting the clock ...........

This is very key. If you're innocent, be firm about your innocence and consistent in all your conversations. Don't sign anything without a legal review

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You can now drive alone, but best to update your DL asap .......

Thank you, I will update asap.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2023
Solumtoya:

This is very key. If you're innocent, be firm about your innocence and consistent in all your conversations. Don't sign anything without a legal review

When I had my issues with safeguarding and social services........

My wife was panicking, her safeguarding friend advised me to engage.......

I completely went Nigerian army on them ...........😜😂

They came to my house, I refused them access to my children's rooms, I refused to sign any documents, all my calls to them was recorded, sent plenty letters etc etc etc .......

They tried getting my eldest daughter to implicate me (that failed)...….....😭😜

Eventually, they sent a letter dropping the case .....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hyzich(m): 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2023
Solumtoya:

There are so many things to consider but without more information, I would gravitate towards the 2nd because I'm not a big fan of contract roles in these early stages as the terms are fixed and they can easily be terminated, you're seen as a mercenary with little benefits nor career progression and are often easily replaced should circumstances change. On the other hand, they pay more BUT no benefits, pension contributions, room for increment, promotion, etc.

I once got a permanent role, resumed and within few months, the Management approved a salary raise of 5% across board after a year of deliberation (long before I joined) and it was backdated for 3 months. I benefitted from that ONLY because I was permanent.

Thanks for your advice.
Well, there's pension and even bonus in the offer for the FTC role

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2023
hyzich:

Thanks for your advice.
Well, there's pension and even bonus in the offer for the FTC role

That's cool then, changes a lot. I would still go for a permanent role with less pay.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2023
You may get additional hands-on tips on the Parenting in the UK thread - https://www.nairaland.com/7021004/parenting-uk-nigerian-migrant
@Mamatukwas
Odedenshi1:
Hello all,
Please this is a long read. Pardon me please, I am anxious and scared. Please I need your advice because “I nor know where these people dey carry me go”.
... ...
Please kindly help a worried soul. I need advice on how to take up this issue to prevent the unthinkable from happening. Thanks for your patience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 10:36pm On Feb 23, 2023
A good probs is sweet.
Great inputs from Mimilyrics and Solumtoya. Kindly reflect on them.
If my assumption is correct, the role is not a (financial) auditor role; obviously not IT audit.
If that is so, the audit firm might not offer much; even in the big 5!!
However, if preparing an presenting Financial Statement is critical/key to your career projection, then grab 2nd offer tight and (over)learn during the time you spend with them.
If otherwise, I'll incline towards 1st offer. Note that 1st offer, from how you stated it, does not refer to outside IR35.
PS: recommending 1st offer has nothing to do with the 13k extra. That Jara isn't massive. The selling point is the name which might gives you great flexibility in 'porting' easily to greater/higher role.
However, #name without tangible #experience might not work out or cut it much in the long run.
hyzich:
Please I need advice on the 2 offers I just got because they are my first job Experience in UK. Both roles align to my background as a finance person ... ...
1st offer.
2nd offer.
... ...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2023
Odedenshi1:

Thank you very much for your input, God bless you.

I have spoken to them about the implications of what they say in school. I keep praying for them too for God to guide them in their utterances. It is mostly my second son that talks too much, he can easily be tricked into making up what never transpired.

They mostly watch cartoons and music videos. My second son likes gaming on the phone and has been requesting for an iPad as his eight birthday gift which I am currently working on.

I will try and do that (get an expert opinion). I am open to recommendations and signposting, many thanks.

You should be very worried. You have two children corroborating the allegations of "abuse" and that's what the school is concerned about. In addition to this, one of your children is a vulnerable child with learning needs.

In Scotland, I know families that faced similar allegations and the kids were removed from their care. One was very recent. The kids told the teachers that their parents spanked them with belts meanwhile this was totally false. Parents were booked at police station and the kids had a full medical examination. The case were eventually closed after 6 months of torture for the family.

The issue is you or an aunty might have spanked or scolded those kids in Nigeria and its that experience they are relaying to their teachers.

You and your wife need to be united in this. If you are ever asked if you spanked your children whether Nigeria or Zimbabwe, tell them an emphatic NO. You will be asked your parenting style - Google to find out what's acceptable in the UK.

Were you sending your kids to school without snacks? The school might provide lunch but you have to provide snacks they would eat during breaks.

If you've not started already, you need to start "brainwashing" your kids with love and affection. Kisses, hugs, taking them to the park, mcdonalds, soft play center, bake with them at home, have Friday indoor movie nights with them etc. You need to get them to a place that when they are asked in school about their home life, their faces will lighten up with joy and they won't remember any negative experience meted to them by anyone either here or Nigeria.

Never ever let your kids go to school unhappy. It's usually in that mood or state of happiness that they get interrogated and say all sorts.

Make sure you don't shout at them.Shouting at kids in this country is termed emotional abuse and its totally unacceptable. When picking them up at school, show them love, give them hugs as those teachers will be watching your every move including your body language and interaction with your kids.

Be polite with the teachers and social workers. Any allegation that has been written in their assessment, you need to deny it and make sure its documented on their assessment that the allegations never happened. Do not raise your tone at them or anyone else.

The social worker can decide to visit your home at very short notice. Make sure your home is neat and tidy and same with your children's room. Display on the dining area or any area visible to the social worker basket of assorted fruits. Make sure you have food in your fridge - they can decide to open it and check (with your consent). Have toys around the house. These are things the social worker will look at when making their assessment on whether or not your home is a safe environment for your children.

Make sure you cooperate 100% with the social worker. They have the power to close this case or escalate things by 1000000% with a single phone call. If they suggest you go for parenting class, please attend. What you do not want is for them to note down that you've refused their help or you are a non-engaging family.

All the best.

33 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oyoolima: 11:14pm On Feb 23, 2023
@odedenshi1

This is very very dicey.Sometimes,a school or a member of staff fixates on one family and will keep on digging and asking questions once the children mention something funky is going on at home.

Your kids are making things up and that is the biggest problem. You need to ask why they are doing this.What is going on in your home? What is the relationship between you and your kids.

There's a thin line between defending yourself and then presenting the children as liars to the whole school.They will spend a lot of years in the school so if they are tagged to tell lies,it could affect them and their confidence forever.

It sounds like you're new to the UK,usually,a lot of children get asked questions innocent sounding questions about things that happen at home. Kids are expected to be honest and will generally say the truth. If any suggestion that something is off,teachers will then raly round them,if it is a child that craves attention,they'll tend to garnish the stories a bit more without understanding the implication.

Why did your kid say he was locked up in the garage? Do you guys use the toilet or stuff like that for time out? Why did he say he hadn't eaten? Hunger when coming into school may be a sign of neglect.

1. NEVER EVER accept an allegation of something you didn't do. Where is the evidence that you did all that?

2. Seek legal advice sharpish,all the things you signed were under duress.

3. Sit the children down and find out what is going on. Something is off and it is worse because its two of them pointing out similar things. Are the children afraid of you? Do they not want to go home sometimes? What is the atmosphere at home? Is it loving,welcoming,happy? How do you and your wife relate? Are you a happy couple? Start the reset..

Take walks to the park as a family weekends,do outings if you can afford it maybe once a month. do family meeting where you share ideas..make it happy and fun.

Find out who their friends are, creatively and gently find out what they discussed, what they're being asked. Ask them what is happening in school unfailingly daily . Are you close to them? Do they know you love them? Do you spend time with them? Explain what the consequences are to them in a loving way,It would break your heart to be separated from them and you don't want that. Start bonding with them today oga.

I never got to the point of social services but I can remember when my child was 7 and he innocently gisted teacher that i spanked his bum with my wooden spoon when he was younger..I may have,I may not have,I can't remember . I generally dont beat..ear twist or light tap on bum once in a while but Teacher run tell head teacher ,they called my daughter but she said she didn't get spanked with a spoon. Them ask whether we beat ,them say no.School called me to ask and I said I don't. Them say if I do make I no do am again..I said I do not.That was the end of it. My son was so remorseful when he knew it could get our family in trouble etc and we all had a long conversation about it.

4.Review your method of discipline especially because all eyes are on you now and it seems the school is gunning for you( it could be a particular member of staff) .You don't have to beat or kneel down or pick pin to get your point accross. Constructive discussion,taking toys away, stand and face the wall,sit on the step and think of what you've done etc these things de pain them well well. Once I say we are going to have a looooong discussion, my kids start sweating, lol.

5.You may want to change school if allowed to because this particular one will not let you have peace and they'll keep hounding your kids.

Pele oo but once this starts it may take a while to stop.
Start today to forge a close bond with your kids,it's the only way to save yourselves .

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 11:27pm On Feb 23, 2023
oyoolima:
@odedenshi1
I never got to the point of social services but I can remember when my child was 7 and he innocently gisted teacher that i spanked his bum with my wooden spoon when he was younger..I may have,I may not have,I can't remember . I generally dont beat..ear twist or light tap on bum once in a while but Teacher run tell head teacher ,they called my daughter but she said she didn't get spanked with a spoon. Them ask whether we beat ,them say no.School called me to ask and I said I don't. Them say if I do make I no do am again..I said I do not.That was the end of it. My son was so remorseful when he knew it could get our family in trouble etc and we all had a long conversation about it.

4.Review your method of discipline especially because all eyes are on you now and it seems the school is gunning for you( it could be a particular member of staff) .You don't have to beat or kneel down or pick pin to get your point accross. Constructive discussion,taking toys away, stand and face the wall,sit on the step and think of what you've done etc these things de pain them well well. Once I say we are going to have a looooong discussion, my kids start sweating, lol.

My dear, those things I bolded above are classified as abuse and have landed parents in trouble. Especially that face the wall and ear twist. Biko, no do am again.

What works for me is asking them to go to their room and think about their behaviour and then we have a long talk. It works like magic grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oyoolima: 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2023
Ralphlauren:

My dear, those things I bolded above are classified as abuse and have landed parents in trouble. Especially that face the wall and ear twist. Biko, no do am again.

What works for me is asking them to go to their room and think about their behaviour and then we have a long talk. It works like magic grin

My bro,i didn't know stand and face the wall is classed as abuse o shocked . Howwww?? How is it different from naughty corner?
Ear twist na problem for Scotland, I know .
Preference is talk but once in a while,the ear beckons for reset. God abeg o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 12:41am On Feb 24, 2023
oyoolima:

My bro,i didn't know stand and face the wall is classed as abuse o shocked . Howwww?? How is it different from naughty corner?
Ear twist na problem for Scotland, I know .
Preference is talk but once in a while,the ear beckons for reset. God abeg o.
I only learned recently that asking them to go to the naughty corner is corporal punishment.
@Ralphlauren
Why will not having food in the fridge be a red flag? What about those families having a rough time? Never gave my kids snacks to school in their early years.

Also, last time I checked, spanking of bum was still legal in England but they were contemplating changing the law. Not sure if that has been done but Scotland totally prohibits it.

I think schools in deprived areas tend to report these sort of issues more than other schools.

quick check:
It is unlawful for a parent to smack their child in England except where this may amount to 'reasonable punishment'.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:00am On Feb 24, 2023
Ralphlauren:

You should be very worried. You have two children corroborating the allegations of "abuse" and that's what the school is concerned about. In addition to this, one of your children is a vulnerable child with learning needs.

In Scotland, I know families that faced similar allegations and the kids were removed from their care. One was very recent. The kids told the teachers that their parents spanked them with belts meanwhile this was totally false. Parents were booked at police station and the kids had a full medical examination. The allegations were eventually dropped after 6 months of torture for the family.

The issue is you or an aunty might have spanked or scolded those kids in Nigeria and its that experience they are relating to their teachers.

You and your wife need to be united in this. If you are ever asked if you spanked your children whether Nigeria or Zimbabwe, tell them an emphatic NO. You will be asked your parenting style - Google to find out what's acceptable in the UK.

Were you sending your kids to school without snacks? The school might provide lunch but you have to provide snacks they would eat during breaks.

If you've not started already, you need to start "brainwashing" your kids with love and affection. Kisses, hugs, taking them to the park, mcdonalds, soft play center, bake with them at home, have Friday indoor movie nights with them etc. You need to get them to a place that when they are asked in school about their home life, their faces will lighten up with joy and they won't remember any negative experience meted to them by anyone either here or Nigeria.

Never ever let your kids go to school unhappy. It's usually in that mood or state of happiness that they get interrogated and say all sorts.

Make sure you don't shout at them.Shouting at kids in this country is termed emotional abuse and its totally unacceptable. When picking them up at school, show them love, give them hugs as those teachers will be watching your every move including your body language and interaction with your kids.

Be polite with the teachers and social workers. Any allegation that has been written in their assessment, you need to deny it and make sure its documented on their assessment that the allegations never happened. Do not raise your tone at them or anyone else.

The social worker can decide to visit your home at very [b]short notice. Make sure your home is neat and tidy and same with your children's room. Display on the dining area or any area visible to the social worker basket of assorted fruits. Make sure you have food in your fridge - they can decide to open it and [/b]check (with your consent). Have toys around the house. These are things the social worker will look at when making their assessment on whether or not your home is a safe environment for your children.

Make sure you cooperate 100% with the social worker. They have the power to close this case or escalate things by 1000000% with a single phone call. If they suggest you go for parenting class, please attend. What you do not want is for them to note down that you've refused their help or you are a non-engaging family.

All the best.

It's write up like this, that grants this jobs worth the permission to continually invade African homes........

When they visited me, they only had access to 2 chair spaces in my living room........ I bluntly refused them any access, to any other part of my home ....... Why did they not call the police ..........

They kept saying, ' father was not engaging '...... I still did not engage, till the case was shut .......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 7:08am On Feb 24, 2023
? is, why do we have lots of societal ill vice in predominantly BAME areas. Fear of #discipline (not all those cane et al or outright maltreat types). Overly intrusive 'piercing the veil' by deceitful, hypocritical, sanctimoniosly, pharaseeism, double standard, double-dealing 'bigotries': 👃-poking oversabi teacher, social worker ....
We oft have entitled kids who are brainwashed on self-seeking wants rather than solid love.
By the way, we don't assist with our ... now we live in saner climes, I'll show you attitude, we display within the home front. It takes assistive two to raise a home. A ball 🏀 never have two centres. Perhaps, a rugby 🏉 or 🏈 might have two contending points of influence.
By the way, abuse is not our African culture although some portrayed it as such. So sad. We don't take charge of history, sociology, anthropology. That's a discourse for another day.
PS: I'm not saying we don't have abuse taking place. Reality is in the true African culture, there were lots of safeguards. They got slackened or removed as 'modernity' kicks in.
oyoolima:
... ...
There's a thin line between defending yourself and then presenting the children as liars to the whole school.They will spend a lot of years in the school so if they are tagged to tell lies,it could affect them and their confidence forever.
... ...
1. NEVER EVER accept an allegation of something you didn't do. Where is the evidence that you did all that?
2. Seek legal advice sharpish,all the things you signed were under duress.
3. Sit the children down and find out what is going on. ... ... How do you and your wife relate? Are you a happy couple? Start the reset..
... ... Do they know you love them? Do you spend time with them? Explain what the consequences are to them in a loving way,It would break your heart to be separated from them and you don't want that. Start bonding with them today oga.
... ... My son was so remorseful when he knew it could get our family in trouble etc and we all had a long conversation about it.
... ...
Pele oo but once this starts it may take a while to stop.
Start today to forge a close bond with your kids,it's the only way to save yourselves .
I know oga Lexusgs430 was referring to Ralphlauren and not Oyoolima
Lexusgs430:
It's write up like this, that grants this jobs worth the permission to continually invade African homes........
When they visited me, they only had access to 2 chair spaces in my living room........ I bluntly refused them any access, to any other part of my home ....... Why did they not call the police ..........
They kept saying, ' father was not engaging '...... I still did not engage, till the case was shut .......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I understand the point you are trying to make but such approach might be a costly mistake for another family. Your circumstances at the time might be totally different for this family so they have to tread carefully.

With odedenshi1's case:
1. His kids were born and raised in Nigeria
2. He moved to UK barely 12 months ago and may not be used to the UK's parenting style
3. Two of his three children have made allegations of assault on more than one occasion. Beating a child is assault.
4. The allegations of assault were against the children's father (who resides with these children) and an "aunt".
5. One of his children has complained of not being fed and coming to school hungry on more than one occasion. This is seen as neglect
6. One of his children is vulnerable and potentially classed as high risk due to the child's learning difficulties

Its the school's responsibility to ensure all safeguarding concerns are flagged.

Now looking at the points I have raised above (especially points 3 -6), why won't the school be concerned ?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 7:39am On Feb 24, 2023
dustydee:

I only learned recently that asking them to go to the naughty corner is corporal punishment.
@Ralphlauren
Why will not having food in the fridge be a red flag? What about those families having a rough time? Never gave my kids snacks to school in their early years.

Also, last time I checked, spanking of bum was still legal in England but they were contemplating changing the law. Not sure if that has been done but Scotland totally prohibits it.

I think schools in deprived areas tend to report these sort of issues more than other schools.

quick check:

The kids have complained to their teachers that they come to school hungry.

What will be going on in the head of these teachers/social workers is so what happens to these children during weekends, school holidays or after school hours? Are they given little or no food? Do they go to bed hungry?

If the family is struggling, this is where the social worker comes in. The need to understand where the family is struggling and how best they can support. The family can be signposted to food banks or given food vouchers to redeem or money to buy basic items for the kids.

I know a family that was given bunk bed for free (they had twins of different genders sharing the same bed) and they were fast tracked to get an affordable council house. They came under the radar of social services following a report made by the school.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Fair points. What ought to be in bona fide. Unfortunately, we've seen over and over, it's from an oversabi or mala fide or sanctimonious standpoint. The BAME dominated community reality speaks loud in news!
In-btw, the majority of 'these custodian of standards' don't tolerate indiscipline in their homes (and community)!
Ralphlauren:
The kids have complained to their teachers that they come to school hungry.
What will be going on in the head of these teachers/social workers is so what happens to these children during weekends, school holidays or after school hours? Are they given little or no food? Do they go to bed hungry?
If the family is struggling, this is where the social worker comes in. The need to understand where the family is struggling and how best they can support. The family can be signposted to food banks or given food vouchers to redeem or money to buy basic items for the kids.
I know a family that was given bunk bed for free (they had twins of different genders sharing the same bed) and they were fast tracked to get an affordable council house. They came under the radar of social services following a report made by the school.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2023
Ralphlauren:

I understand the point you are trying to make but such approach might be a costly mistake for another family. Your circumstances at the time might be totally different for this family so they have to tread carefully.

With odedenshi1's case:
1. His kids were born and raised in Nigeria
2. He moved to UK barely 12 months ago and may not be used to the UK's parenting style
3. Two of his three children have made allegations of assault on more than one occasion. Beating a child is assault.
4. The allegations of assault were against the children's father (who resides with these children) and an "aunt".
5. One of his children has complained of not being fed and coming to school hungry on more than one occasion. This is seen as neglect
6. One of his children is vulnerable and potentially classed as high risk due to the child's learning difficulties

Its the school's responsibility to ensure all safeguarding concerns are flagged.

Now looking at the points I have raised above (especially points 3 -6), why won't the school be concerned ?

We are speaking from the same sheet, but on a different coloured page ...........

This crafty jobless social workers, would continually chase their tails and shadow's, whilst ignoring the real abusers/those parents they know would give them better wotowoto.......

Actions like this, create fears in parents........

Chastising their children now becomes a chore or fear of consequences....... This our children now become untouchable's, which in turn creates an avenue of them segwaying into gang/drug memberships ..........

The rate of our children under 17's, ending up in prison's, is truly alarming.......... Parents would just JAPA alone, leaving their children in Nigeria, if this data was made available.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We are speaking from the same sheet, but on a different coloured page ...........

This crafty jobless social workers, would continually chase their tails and shadow's, whilst ignoring the real abusers/those parents they know would give them better wotowoto.......

Actions like this, create fears in parents........

Chastising their children now becomes a chore or fear of consequences....... This our children now become untouchable's, which in turn creates an avenue of them segwaying into gang/drug memberships ..........

The rate of our children under 17's, ending up in prison's, is truly alarming.......... Parents would just JAPA alone, leaving their children in Nigeria, if this data was made available.....
Sounds like an indoctrination process.
Is it an intentional plot to brainwash children with British culture?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2023
onecoder:

Sounds like an indoctrination process.
Is it an intentional plot to brainwash children with British culture?

Former prime minister, Tony Blair was caught spanking his son......... Social workers never threatened to take away his son .........

It's an agenda, to destroy our kid's...... And dismantling our core family unit ............ (disguised as safeguarding).......

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Fourcade(m): 10:03am On Feb 24, 2023
Hello guys,

My passport expires 16 May 2023 and I want to apply for PSW. Can I use my current passport or would I have to renew my passport to be able to apply for PSW?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Omo this UK… Child/Children comes 1st in their hierarchical order of preferences…. Na man 👨 come last 🥹🥹

no be lie o, to tell woman say she fine na assault o grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Former prime minister, Tony Blair was caught spanking his son......... Social workers never threatened to take away his son .........

It's an agenda, to destroy our kid's...... And dismantling our core family unit ............ (disguised as safeguarding).......

There were at least 5 high profile cases last year of children who died from parental neglect and abuse, and social services came under huge criticism for missing the signs and not intervening to save these young children.

Against such backdrops,safeguarding laws get tightened and government response gets stronger. So you can't really compare what happened in 2004 with what will happen in 2023.

Not all that long ago, UK teachers used the cane frequently as an accepted form of punishment, especially in public schools. Things change...(rightly or wrongly)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2023
Zahra29:

There were at least 5 high profile cases last year of children who died from parental neglect and abuse, and social services came under huge criticism for missing the signs and not intervening to save these young children.

Against such backdrops,safeguarding laws get tightened and government response gets stronger. So you can't really compare what happened in 2004 with what will happen in 2023.

Not all that long ago, UK teachers used the cane frequently as an accepted form of punishment, especially in public schools. Things change...(rightly or wrongly)

Out of all the high profile cases........ How many had a Nigerian coloration .........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Said this many months back smiley

Used to think it's cos parents pick up too many shifts and dont take care of kids as they should
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
Zahra29:

There were at least 5 high profile cases last year of children who died from parental neglect and abuse, and social services came under huge criticism for missing the signs and not intervening to save these young children

Well said. This particular story was terribly sad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10267013/amp/Arthur-Labinjo-Hughes-stepmother-GUILTY.html?ico=amp_articleRelated_with_images

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.