Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170207 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AntiMCU: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
Santa2
bigtt76
kode12
Solumtoya

Thank you all your responses. Much appreciated.

Maybe to put things in context, subject involved will graduate in June with visa to expire in September and has already started job applications.

Subject won't mind non-sponsored professional jobs hence clicking no to be able to at least get a foot in the door and then continue searching for sponsorship jobs from there.

I have seen one or two people use this route.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2023
The person you referred would get 6000 but only after spending like £1000

hustla:

Maybe I'm missing something but I invited someone last week and I got credited with 4K Avios points even before they received their card

... Or Maybe my case is different

cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
Iolo:

Affordability isn’t the only issue. Why should a company pay at all when you can hire someone else that doesn’t require sponsorship? Also, some firms have to hire a law firm to deal with this which is additional paper work. That’s why it’s difficult to get sponsorship for non-technical roles as supply is abundant.

The young man doesn't understand
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
bigtt76:
The person you referred would get 6000 but only after spending like £1000

Nice then
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2023
Solumtoya:

The young man doesn't understand

I don't understand something I'm seeing first hand at work

Issorai, they should continue

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2023
CheesyTee:
Cost about £5k to sponsor 1 person for 5yrs. No be even license

That's outside Visa and IHS Fees for applicant and dependents... Even at that, the money isn't typically their problem as much as the uncertainties around the process. Some sponsorship processes take 2 weeks; others can take as much as 6 months where the Applicant is trying to get transcript and Letter of English proficiency from Universities, etc
Understandably, they may prefer someone who doesn't require sponsorship.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2023
laxebat48:
Gdsj

Justwise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2023
Solumtoya:

Understandably, they may prefer someone who doesn't require sponsorship.

Also true, but for jobs that need certain skill sets or ones with Huge employee turnover, it's no brainer for them to start offering sponsorship

The place I work, I even advised the top management guys in a meeting (even thought I don't need it) to just look at sponsorship instead of seeing their best hands leave

They refused to until when they saw that people kept leaving every month to where there's sponsorship

Companies may decide not to do it though but common sense says to

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
CheesyTee:

This is incorrect.

How ? Source ? Or you’re just quoting Random figures

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers/apply-for-your-licence

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 7:33pm On Mar 03, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
CheesyTee:

This is incorrect. You pay £536 to get a sponsorship license(small companies) and you can sponsor up to 10 people with it. Bigger companies pay higher but it's still not up to £1500 pounds for the license.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2023
https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers/immigration-skills-charge

brine:

This is incorrect. You pay £536 to get a sponsorship license(small companies) and you can sponsor up to 10 people with it. Bigger companies pay higher but it's still not up to £1500 pounds for the license.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2023
brine:

The government still charges the employer a fee for employing you on a Tier 2 visa. I think Theresa May introduced it and it's about £1k a year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2023
CheesyTee:
You can read here https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers/immigration-skills-charge

The OP is on student visa.

Immigration skills charge doesn’t apply if the company is sponsoring an applicant on tier 4 visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
I didn't quote OP.
rayralph:

The OP is on student visa.

Immigration skills charge doesn’t apply if the company is sponsoring an applicant on tier 4 visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jedisco(m): 11:03pm On Mar 03, 2023
WCUB3:
Good evening seniors in the house.

Please is it possible for a student to get Laptop on contract purchase? If yes what are the requirements?

Paypal credit for Samsung purchases? Interest free and spread out over months. But you need to have paypal credit.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 12:09am On Mar 04, 2023
I just started my switch from Barclays to Lloyd’s on Thursday, am hoping to get my 200£ In ten days time
nineville:

I eventually got a £200 switching bonus from NatWest. They are less strict when it comes to UK residence permit duration.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 1:11am On Mar 04, 2023
That NatWest £200 switch bonus sweet.

First Direct and a couple of others offering switch bonuses too.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 1:57am On Mar 04, 2023
AgentXxx:
I just started my switch from Barclays to Lloyd’s on Thursday, am hoping to get my 200£ In ten days time

Did you read Lloyds' terms and conditions for switching?
I think you will be paying a monthly fee to maintain the account.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 7:04am On Mar 04, 2023
bigtt76:
That's the UK's version of the Voters' register. Financial institutions and lenders use that to confirm your the area where you reside in the UK. This is one of the major factors which influences your credit rating score.

Thanks, I already registered to Vote and I have gotten confirmation from my council welcoming with a letter via post.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 7:08am On Mar 04, 2023
claremont:

https://getvbuy.com/collections/livego-datoo-world-tv

Ask for 24hr free test.

I can't seem to use this with my Hisense Smart TV because it's not an Android TV

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lordfiido(m): 7:41am On Mar 04, 2023
gergemam:

I can't seem to use this with my Hisense Smart TV because it's not an Android TV
You may need to buy a firestick I think

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tomiwiyu: 8:05am On Mar 04, 2023
https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/taking-a-second-job

is it okay to go many hours with this new update from Uk Gov website
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 10:35am On Mar 04, 2023
Guys,

Please what's the fastest way to get to Heathrow Terminal 3 from Kings Cross Station in London.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2023
Great

gergemam:

Thanks, I already registered to Vote and I have gotten confirmation from my council welcoming with a letter via post.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:17am On Mar 04, 2023
Kings Cross Station to Victoria Train Station ...take the Heathrow Express train

domin8:
Guys,

Please what's the fastest way to get to Heathrow Terminal 3 from Kings Cross Station in London.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:20am On Mar 04, 2023
I think what she's saying here is linked to those companies that hire and sponsor workers from outside the UK for jobs which may not be on the shortage occupation list or something compared to those who sponsor workers from Tier 4

brine:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
Lordfiido:
You may need to buy a firestick I think

Already done this using Cast from my phone to TV
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2023
Thank you to UK government ooooo...

They gave me £69 for Electricity... I woke up and check my smart meter dashboard.. Only to be wondering who mistakenly top my electricity up over the night. Confirmation gotten to me now that it is from UK government.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2023
tomiwiyu:
https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/taking-a-second-job

is it okay to go many hours with this new update from Uk Gov website

I think it's till August

Nawa for them o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 1:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
This depends on the account type you chose before switching, there different accounts you can switch to from zero to about 35£ monthly fee
nineville:

Did you read Lloyds' terms and conditions for switching?
I think you will be paying a monthly fee to maintain the account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.