Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (871) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1180198 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 12:24am On Mar 06, 2023
Hello fam, If we have any of the known monikers who is willingly to sell 1000£ @ 900, kindly reach out to me. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by vikaosi: 1:22am On Mar 06, 2023
AgentXxx:
Hello fam, If we have any of the known monikers who is willingly to sell 1000£ @ 900, kindly reach out to me. Thanks

I want to sell.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2023
rollykotex:

It’s a full time role that I secured while I was a student, but didn’t resume until I graduated in September due to restrictions on my hours to work as a student. I have only worked for 3 months and about rounding off my probation period before all these wahala. I don’t want to get sacked because I need them as reference. That’s my worry. I hope everything gets sorted soon. I’ll give an update after the disciplinary meeting.
Thanks everyone!

Hope all went well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bidosko(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2023
You use android tv box or hdmi to cast . And the subscription for golds tv is £30 per year
teeboi77:
Thanks boss,after downloading this how do I use it on my TV,can we talk on WhatsApp pls so you can guide me

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nomipmex(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
Anyone in Sunderland is housing and work available
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
What's the average warranty period for used vehicles and what does it usually cover?

Anyone knows?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kindly reach out to me, dropped my number for you already, Thanks
vikaosi:

I want to sell.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Johnny1013(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hello house,how long does sit take a company to get their Sponsorship license?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Viruses:
What's the average warranty period for used vehicles and what does it usually cover?

Anyone knows?

You are normally covered by the consumer protection rights (with certain limitations)........

One of which is, if vehicle is faulty within 30 days of purchase, you have a right to return (under consumer protection rights)........

Just read up your consumer protection rights .......

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/knowledge-base/what-are-a-consumers-legal-rights-when-buying-a-car

Having said all this, you can also buy an extended warranty (read all clauses, so you know level of coverage)..…....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nomipmex:

You can reach out to university of Sunderland students on Telegram

They'll give you a much better outlook but from what I've gathered from people there, it's a bit decent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You are normally covered by the consumer protection rights (with certain limitations)........

One of which is, if vehicle is faulty within 30 days of purchase, you have a right to return (under consumer protection rights)........

Just read up your consumer protection rights .......

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/knowledge-base/what-are-a-consumers-legal-rights-when-buying-a-car

Having said all this, you can also buy an extended warranty (read all clauses, so you know level of coverage)..…....
Thank you.

It's a blessing having you on this thread trust me.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 7:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Viruses:

Thank you.

Big blessing oooo… He dey knowledgeable… No cap 🧢

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harddrive2012: 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Yes! I use electric heaters cos Scotland is really cold. How do you survive in this cold without heaters on?

gergemam:

Yes, I use Smart Meter Pay As You Go

Do you use Electric heaters? They consume light a lot.

I use between £2-£3, I don't use electric heaters

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
Viruses:

Anyone knows?

Arnold Clark, for instance offers a standard 60 day warranty on all their used cars, but I remember seeing a post where you were asking about finance and interest rates, so I assume you dey [plan] buy better moto. If you're buying a used car from a dealer, close eye and buy an extended manufacturer warranty as well, for a minimum of two years.

If you wan buy used car from a dealer who isn't offering an extended manufacturer warranty, no buy again, go somewhere else and buy with the extended warranty.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeboi77: 11:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
Bro can we chat on WhatsApp pls? I need guide on how to use the HDMI to cast...I will do you a mail now pls let's take it up from there.

bidosko:
You use android tv box or hdmi to cast . And the subscription for golds tv is £30 per year
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:55am On Mar 07, 2023
Viruses:

Thank you.

I feel refreshed, after my Turkey holiday...... So annoiting still dey flow ........ 🦃 😜😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Immatex(m): 3:15am On Mar 07, 2023
AgentXxx:

Selling at N920

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 3:58am On Mar 07, 2023
harddrive2012:
Yes! I use electric heaters cos Scotland is really cold. How do you survive in this cold without heaters on?

I have a central heating system for the house.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 4:02am On Mar 07, 2023
Nomipmex:

Most people in Sunderland go to Gateshead and Newcastle to work.

Housing, search ahead ooooo...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 5:12am On Mar 07, 2023
For the question "will you need sponsorship in the future", here's something I can across on LinkedIn for answer that might be useful.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7037053081812946944?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 5:19am On Mar 07, 2023
harddrive2012:
Same here o. Are you also using pay as you go? Would like to ask how you manage your electricity usage. I feel my consumption is kinda high as I spend an average of £9/£10 daily. Someone said it’s probably because the house is 100% electricity and no gas. Abeg anyone with useful info on minimising this should also give me hint biko

Do you know the kind tarrif system being used in your house ?usually for 100% electricity supply system , the tarrif system being put in place is the economy 7 dual rate system ( peak rate in day and off peak rate in the night) .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Acedaybest: 9:05am On Mar 07, 2023
Good morning wonderful people,
Please I need enlightenment; my family recently relocated here ( London) from Nigeria.
Kindly enlighten me on what type of account I should open for my salary and which bank is the best ( I mean for morgage later on).
Thank you for your good advice in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bostin(m): 9:30am On Mar 07, 2023
lowander:

Am going to Guernsey, channel island
Please I want to ask you few questions on Guernsey . After a successful work permit what type of Visa is required to enter Guernsey and also how is life in there . I just want to know this handy because I'm still waiting for my work permit . thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dappy25: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2023
harddrive2012:
Greetings,
Please is there anyone here who has done Barclays interview for customers service role before ?

I need heads up on what to expect please 🙏.

Thanks as you respond to this

You can search this on YouTube; 'Customer Service Representative Interview questions and answers'. You would see lots of relevant videos.

Here is one of the videos I watched before I got the customer service job I do currently (Not in Barclays bank but most interviews for this position would be similar anyways)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxlj0asjE4w&t=651s

Also research and practice how to answer interview questions with STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Most interviewers will ask you at least a question based on STAR method.

Think about your work experience and relevant things that makes you a fit for the job you're interviewing for. Also emphasize on transferable skills that you have.

Best of luck with it.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I feel refreshed, after my Turkey holiday...... So annoiting still dey flow ........ 🦃 😜😂

You still close eye go Turkey? 😂 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
Regex:

You still close eye go Turkey? 😂 😂

We go o ....... But I map out jumping strategies, Incase I need to jump ..........😂🤪
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We go o ....... But I map out jumping strategies, Incase I need to jump ..........😂🤪

You don become that man that only visits a country immediately after a disaster. 😂 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2023
Regex:

You don become that man that only visits a country immediately after a disaster. 😂 😂

I had actually booked the holiday, before earth decided to quake..........😑
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I had actually booked the holiday, before earth decided to quake..........😑

cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2023
Acedaybest:
Good morning wonderful people,
Please I need enlightenment; my family recently relocated here ( London) from Nigeria.
Kindly enlighten me on what type of account I should open for my salary and which bank is the best ( I mean for morgage later on).
Thank you for your good advice in advance.

Any is fine

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Were the hotels cheaper considering the issues at hand?

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.