Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1190451 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
bigtt76:
A bit confused here

1. Does it mean that because you did not resit the module you can't get a full degree?

2. What's the essence of submitting the dissertation again if the above applies?

I know I sound daft but the time spent on getting the dissertation is best spent hustling for CoS.

Sad really what this Form A is causing people but again (not suggesting you did oo) but many people work and earn in pounds here and send the money back to Naira at black market rate and use the proceed to purchase pounds through Form A... Instead of paying off their fees using the pounds they earned 🤷🏿‍♀️

Well I guess by so doing they are able to pay off their full fees using Form A than it would've been paying with what they earn but it also exposes them to the delays of Form A. YouKay schools are not smiling again o 😢

Avoidable mistakes.
When it was delaying and they knew they might be lockout or any other unknown consequences might follow, they could have do the needful by still paying out then.

Look for sponsorship by all means Possible. My heart bleeds for this write up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 6:34pm On Mar 14, 2023
hustla:

Where in the UK are you?

If Cos doesn't come in time, your husband can switch to study and you to dependent

He should start looking for admission with immediate effect. PLAN B
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Coinbase is fine, but monzo banned binance(had to check through my transaction history).....

Please was this withdrawal done via card or P2P?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Exactly smiley
Sharply option
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Odedenshi1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2023
AlphaUno:

Very shocking!
Those hypocrites.

Spot on.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
Oakande:

Please was this withdrawal done via card or P2P?

Cash.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oakande: 7:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Cash.........

Okay boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2023
Oakande:

Okay boss

Card ...... I meant.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by prinzeindygo: 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
Good day my wonderful people.. my wife is yet to receive her COS. Can she apply with her Passport expiring in August. ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Really strange you will be submitting your dissertation and them go still award PGDip shocked. Usually dissertation are not required for PGDip.

Is there a limit to the number of resits that you can do? I don't think so but the issue is they are either ignorant or dem no wan stress themselves as they usually do for foreign students after paying huge sum of money. Ask your school you would like to extend your visa for resit and see what they say. I'm sure there will be some info regards this on your site

Look up below links for guidance
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/extend-your-visa
https://www.brookes.ac.uk/students/isat/visas/student-visa/getting-your-cas/resits-and-your-student-visa/
https://www.brookes.ac.uk/students/isat/visas/student-visa/getting-your-cas/extending-your-visa/

As others have suggested, CoS and CAS are your other alternatives. You can apply for another study visa too.

All the best

Maureen4sure:
My dear fellow Nairalander,

"Our records show that you are out of academic opportunities for one of your modules, and this therefore means you may not graduate with your full award and instead, upon successful completion of your remaining modules, you would be awarded a lower-level qualification than that which you were originally expected to achieve, You should note that in this event, this would mean that you are likely to be ineligible to apply for the Graduate Route Visa if you wished to do so. ''

I also received an email this morning from my module leader saying that I will be awarded a postgraduate diploma instead of a master's degree.

I have cried and cried my eyes out, I know I have disappointed my husband, who works tirelessly every day and night. He works in a warehouse and also as a security guard. For me to be able to get to this stage of my life,he has been there for me every day.

He has been down with this news for the last few days.

I will be submitting my dissertation by April, so I will be officially finished with school.

Please, where do I go from here?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

This suggestion bring given to her , doesn’t it require moneyyy?? Do they have the funds for hubby to get admission as an int student? Or is admission free?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elengine: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Good evening, the senior here.

How do you seniors in UK watch football like premiership and champions league. Abeg oh. Dstv no dey here oh and almost all the app no dey work
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
elengine:
Good evening, the senior here.

How do you seniors in UK watch football like premiership and champions league. Abeg oh. Dstv no dey here oh and almost all the app no dey work

Twitter and Telegram on mobile wink

Some people also subscribe for naija dstv mobile or showmax

.. Except Oga Lexus go run IPtv for you

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lolli2pop:

This suggestion bring given to her , doesn’t it require moneyyy?? Do they have the funds for hubby to get admission as an int student? Or is admission free

Nothing is free, the race is not to overstay your visa while you looks for sponsorship.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lolli2pop:

This suggestion bring given to her , doesn’t it require moneyyy?? Do they have the funds for hubby to get admission as an int student? Or is admission free?

You have your answer right there smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
rinzylee:

Easy dey follow those Asians o especially Indians, they know all the loopholes in the law and exploit it very well. Ask all necessary questions to be sure you are on the right path too.

Dem crazy gan

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Please what’s the max amount Amex can give to a first timer who applied for their card?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2023
lavida001:
Please what’s the max amount Amex can give to a first timer who applied for their card?

AMEX - £6,600 (would be your max).....

Do you have a very good credit score.......

If yes, try MBNA, Virgin Money or NatWest....... They would offer you over £10,000 credit limit.........

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If yes, try MBNA, Virgin Money or NatWest....... They would offer you over £10,000 credit limit.........

10k much for me for now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BoyleEd: 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I already did ....... '' you can layover '' ........

You would have company, you would see many fellow squatters.........🤣😂
Thank you very much sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JBoy9(m): 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
lightnlife:
That NatWest £200 switch bonus sweet.

First Direct and a couple of others offering switch bonuses too.

Please what ID did you use? NatWest rejected my Naija passport and I do not have another means of identification. Please help! My destiny needs that £200
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maureen4sure: 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
Thank you, guys, for all your contributions and suggestions, which have all been taken into consideration.

I did speak to my module leader again today, and I even went as far as calling in the student union president, but nothing was done.

But please allow me to ask, since I will be submitting my dissertation in April,can I start working full time immediately after the submission?

Our BRP does not expire until October 2023.

I'm still working part time, 20 hours a week, but only my husband works full time, so I can join him full time, and we can both join resource together.

In case we will be going the way of PLAN B that everyone has suggested (my husband going for postgraduate too),

On the other hand, we will be applying and searching for COS aggressively, and I pray that God comes through for us soon.

More suggestions and contributions are still welcome.

17 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JBoy9(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Boss I finally made it in life o! I’ve bought a 55” Smart TV 😁

Thank you for the moral and emotional support when things were hard for me 😁

Please boss kindly complete what the lord has sent you to do in my life, is IPTV or Amazon Fire Stick? Please how do I go it? I know I’ve stumbled on one of those posts from you in the past

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
lavida001:

10k much for me for now

You dey fear money..........🤪

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:27pm On Mar 14, 2023
JBoy9:

Boss I finally made it in life o! I’ve bought a 55” Smart TV 😁

Thank you for the moral and emotional support when things were hard for me 😁

Please boss kindly complete what the lord has sent you to do in my life, is IPTV or Amazon Fire Stick? Please how do I go it? I know I’ve stumbled on one of those posts from you in the past

Praise the lord........😂🤪

Send me a whatsapp message.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JBoy9(m): 11:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Send me a whatsapp message.......

Aye! Aye!! Captain 👩‍✈️
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elengine: 12:23am On Mar 15, 2023
[quote author=Lexusgs430

I need it too

Send me a whatsapp message.......[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elengine: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2023
Thanks

Twitter and Telegram on mobile wink

Some people also subscribe for naija dstv mobile or showmax

.. Except Oga Lexus go run IPtv for you [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 12:48am On Mar 15, 2023
Can I please ask if it is mandatory to use the credit cards on a monthly basis? Abi you can use every other month? Just trying to understand how having multiple cards work
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:50am On Mar 15, 2023
Preshyi:
Can I please ask if it is mandatory to use the credit cards on a monthly basis? Abi you can use every other month? Just trying to understand how having multiple cards work

You don't have to use it ....... View a credit card, as a loan in hibernation mode ........

If you have a credit card with £0 maintenance fee, it cost you nothing, if you don't spend/use it ......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 1:04am On Mar 15, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.