Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170574 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
HollyMadison:

I know two people that got £10k

I got 2k, I referred 2 people, both of them got 10k each.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Focus99: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
Greetings to you all.

If one succeeded in getting a permanent job will he/she still needs a CoS from the company? I need an answer as I am really confused about the CoS and permanent job something.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shanid(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

First and foremost......

Write a list of all the bills + mortgage/rent......

You can decide to go on wage percentage terms or simply pick and choose........

One person no dey pay bills for the UK, person go just die (whilst the other person is just buying bags and sending unallocated fund's to families abroad)......😂🤪🤣
This is exactly the point sir ....thank you so much for your input, I appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shanid(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
Estroller:

This will vary form home to home.
Partner A can take rent/mortgage while partner B takes other bills and other sundry expenses.

You can open a joint account, divide your total outgoings into two or whatever proportion you decide based on your incomes, and each party transfers their share into the account from where you now pay your bills.

One party might be solely responsible for all the outgoings while the income of the other partner goes into savings and investments for the family.

Different strokes for different folks.
Thank you so much for your detailed input...i love your example ..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
AgentXxx:
My employer stingy oo, 3% while I put 5% or is there a way to demand for a higher % from my employer?

The guaranty that it won’t disappear is heavenly but na to pray for Long life remain like this oo make e no be beneficiary na him go enjoy person sweat 😥.

All die nah die ........🤪
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
AgentXxx:
My employer stingy oo, 3% while I put 5% or is there a way to demand for a higher % from my employer?

The guaranty that it won’t disappear is heavenly but na to pray for Long life remain like this oo make e no be beneficiary na him go enjoy person sweat 😥.

Demand kwa....... Some people no even see 0.1%.......🤪
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mbarue: 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
Joshua62:

I Stay at Sunderland (SR2).

Please Joshua good day please can i make some direct inquires from you about Sunderland this is my email lilian.lbstranslations@gmail.com please kindly email thanks will be waiting to hear from u soon.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
hustla:

Twitter and Telegram on mobile wink

Some people also subscribe for naija dstv mobile or showmax

.. Except Oga Lexus go run IPtv for you

CAVEAT: ShowMax is not working for Sports. Works for only Movies.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
gergemam:

CAVEAT: ShowMax is not working for Sports. Works for only Movies.

Comrade, are you sure? grin
Saw him watching super sports on it

https://stories.showmax.com/za/does-showmax-have-supersport
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
hustla:

Comrade, are you sure? grin
Saw him watching super sports on it

https://stories.showmax.com/za/does-showmax-have-supersport

Yes, I am sure. Sports package was blocked based on your IP. Same Account is used in 9ja and they are enjoying SuperSports, Sometimes I am pissed not been able to watch some balls cause it is not broadcasted in all of the UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2023
gergemam:

Yes, I am sure. Sports package was blocked based on your IP. Same Account is used in 9ja and they are enjoying SuperSports, Sometimes I am pissed not been able to watch some balls cause it is not broadcasted in all of the UK

Ohh didn't know

Can't one change IP to Nigeria then and enjoy it?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
hustla:

Ohh didn't know

Can't one change IP to Nigeria then and enjoy it?

grin

How you wan take change IP to Nigeria.. You know fit connect your VPN self with showmax

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
I was telling my junior colleagues at work that it's shameful that I can not get free or even subsidized viewing of Premier league in the very country where it is domicile.

They all concurred and said they heard its almost next to nothing, the price for cable TV to watch games.

Well I didn't tell them I stream all live matches on my laptop, I simply use HDMI cord and watch on my Tv. No be me my village people go send back because these people and gossip na bread and butter grin grin.

The UK is a stingy, unfair and hypocritical system.

Some days I wake up and literally want to run to Australia or Canada. Strength to write exams never dey, the day morale falls on me, I dust my clinical texts.

How una dey?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
rinzylee:
I was telling my junior colleagues at work that it's shameful that I can not get free or even subsidized viewing of Premier league in the very country where it is domicile.

They all concurred and said they heard its almost next to nothing, the price for cable TV to watch games.

Well I didn't tell them I stream all live matches on my laptop, I simply use HDMI cord and watch on my Tv. No be me my village people go send back because these people and gossip na bread and butter grin grin.

Some days I wake up and literally want to run to Australia or Canada. Strength to write exams never dey, the day morale falls on me, I dust my clinical texts.

How una dey?

Me that I bought Virgin Media box with Full subscription thinking I will be able to watch live sport without ish... Until I got a shocker that any Premier league match on Saturdays 3PM is not shown by BTSport or SkySport or BBC
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
gergemam:

How you wan take change IP to Nigeria.. You know fit connect your VPN self with showmax

Hmmm

Ill try it out and let You know if it works

HMAs has Nigerian IPs but it's so much stress when I can watch on telegram on my phone grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
gergemam:

Me that I bought Virgin Media box with Full subscription thinking I will be able to watch live sport without ish... Until I got a shocker that any Premier league match on Saturdays 3PM is not shown by BTSport or SkySport or BBC

grin grin grin shocked shocked

Those guys are ridiculously unbelievable.

I dey stream dey go o.

Make dem chop their BBC.

See things we take for granted in Naija.....

It is Well o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
hustla:

Hmmm

HMAs has Nigerian IPs but it's so much stress when I can watch on telegram on my phone grin

OK nah
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
rinzylee:

grin grin grin shocked shocked

Those guys are ridiculously unbelievable.

I dey stream dey go o.

Make dem chop their BBC.

See things we take for granted in Naija.....

It is Well o.

It is well... Nah why DSTV dey show their self nah

Paid for TV Licence una know show wetin person go watch

Paid for all your sport stations I know see my favourite team watch.

UK is something else

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
gergemam:

It is well... Nah why DSTV dey show their self nah

Paid for TV Licence una know show wetin person go watch

Paid for all your sport stations I know see my favourite team watch.

UK is something else

It is well o

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Think I used BRP + the in-app facial authentication.

JBoy9:

Please what ID did you use? NatWest rejected my Naija passport and I do not have another means of identification. Please help! My destiny needs that £200
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by slimanyd: 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
hustla:

Hmmm

Baba. Abeg . Share me the telegram channel biko. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
slimanyd:

Make them no go ban me o

https:///HD4EPL

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
slimanyd:

You can search for it...

I just did with the screenshot
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Baba the link no work ooo… Abeg help us check
hustla:

Make them no go ban me o

https:///HD4EPL

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Thegamingorca(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
JBoy9:

Please what ID did you use? NatWest rejected my Naija passport and I do not have another means of identification. Please help! My destiny needs that £200
grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Baba the link no work ooo… Abeg help us check
l

https:///EPL4HD

I no come know o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
I think the issue bothers more on ethics and integrity. The agents were just playing poker with people's lives and funds without some considerations on the implication of their actions.

Rightfully so, the current market is tilted against buyers but the standards and integrity must be upheld.

Na make God just help person.

If I may ask, what year were you in the market for the offer?

kode12:

There's nothing to take here for the ordinary man. When it's a buyer's market, you can make small shakara, but when it's a seller's market there's nothing you can do, you'd be outbid and gazumped even at the 11th hour. If not the ex-staff that leaked the information, the buyer wouldn't have known what went on internally.
During our home purchase, the estate agent came back after our offer was accepted that the seller had gotten a ~8% increase at that time, houses were being snapped up even before they were advertised, we went back and forth a couple of times but didn't want to deal with going back to the market, so we accepted it and went ahead.
I still don't know if there was ever another offer being considered or the estate agent just wanted to fleece us, but after the purchase, we found out the estate agent was the seller's sister so......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Honestly, I'll say stay and max out your contribution which gets matched by your employer. It's free-money without taxation.

If you opt out, what alternative scheme are you looking to go into? Will the ROI march the counterpart funding from your employer post-taxation? Only a little schemes can match up.

While the contributions may look rather minute at the outset and year-on-year, it's gets bigger in years to come. Drops of water makes an ocean - if the drop no stop.

I yield the mic for the honourables. grin

AgentXxx:
Good day Elders; My questions is about the Work pension scheme, i have been thinking about opting out due to the ROI of the pension but when I think about that it’s tax free plus my employer contributes, I want to stay. As at now am very confuse. Elders should help me and others who might be in my shoe light torch so we the children can see clearly. Agba yi a dale oo smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by slimanyd: 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
hustla:
l

https:///EPL4HD

I no come know o

Thanks got it.

https://t. me/+ 24D7QOqXJp44MDc9

U guyz should close the space between t and me and + and 24

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
Umeleeds:
Good morning guys!!! 😁
Please I recently moved to Leeds
Does anyone have an idea how to navigate this new location 🙏🏽 BIKO , EJO … make Una help
In terms of cost of living and getting a part time remote job. Also I urgently need the service of a child minder or nanny

Hello, I know a babysitter. can you share your email so I can send to her for her to contact you?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
rinzylee:

How una dey?
Good evening sir, please I will like to enquire about something from you.most atimes I heard that many professional like Nurses and IT want to leave uk to relocate to Australia.Please I will be glad if you can explain to me how Australia is better than UK like for a Nurse and other things too.I hope to hear from you.Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
Focus99:
Greetings to you all.

If one succeeded in getting a permanent job will he/she still needs a CoS from the company? I need an answer as I am really confused about the CoS and permanent job something.

Thank you

Depends on the type of visa you are on and your ultimate goal wrt settlement. If your current visa leads to settlement (ILR) in the 3-5 year route, no need for COS, if does in the 10 year route, you might consider depending on the no of years you have left to hit the 10 year mark.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.