Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1190336 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tobbyoladejo: 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Thank you. I'm just concerned because this employer won't accept me on anything apart from a work visa or spousal visa,n hence I have to apply for tier 2 or lose the job, since I can't work for them full time on a student visa. I'm also not sure they're willing to let me start on student visa after graduation and waiting for spousal visa.
Bourne007:
You can 'vary your application' at any time by making a different application. You are better off on a spousal visa though

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ubby26: 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
I got only 2 months though. Mine ends November 2023 while my husband BRP expires January 2024. I wrote to the Home office and they said it's not a mistake that it can be 2 months or 4 months. That if I want it changed, I should request a new CAS from the school.

CheesyTee:
Yea, that because study visa is valid for 1yr and 4 months.

For Sep program, it ends by another September. Students then get additional 4 months on their visa validity
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
But there's super priority (I think it's called usually out in 24 hrs) spousal visa you can apply for.

If you rather go down Tier 2, in weeks time switch to spousal

It's in your hands bàbà 🙂

tobbyoladejo:
Thank you. I'm just concerned because this employer won't accept me on anything apart from a work visa or spousal visa,n hence I have to apply for tier 2 or lose the job, since I can't work for them full time on a student visa. I'm also not sure they're willing to let me start on student visa after graduation and waiting for spousal visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tobbyoladejo: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
I don already apply o, so I can't pay for priority or anything again. We go sha see how to rigmarole
Bourne007:
But there's super priority (I think it's called usually out in 24 hrs) spousal visa you can apply for.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by darknessbegone: 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
From the school visa and immigration adviser

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2023
darknessbegone:
From the school visa and immigration adviser
This even says “apply“ and not “be in the UK”.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omotaday(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Newbie123:
Hi guys,

Please would it raise flags if I received like £9000 in my account?

I want to sell some USDT.

I use revolut, monzo and Lloyds just incase it would make any difference.

Please help.

Thanks
It is safer if you can open coinbase, send your USDT there, sell it to coinbase and withdraw your fund inside monzo or revolut, then send to your Lloyds bank account. I have been doing this for months without issue

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teedol: 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
Good evening great pple, pls this is super urgent, I got a dependent visa(tier2) with a passport that is less than 6 months to expire. Am planning on travelling with the same passport and it's now 2 days less than 3 months to expire. Am I good to go?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2023
Good to go but depends on where you are traveling to though

Teedol:
Good evening great pple, pls this is super urgent, I got a dependent visa(tier2) with a passport that is less than 6 months to expire. Am planning on travelling with the same passport and it's now 2 days less than 3 months to expire. Am I good to go?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:08am On Mar 14, 2023
Omotaday:
It is safer if you can open coinbase, send your USDT there, sell it to coinbase and withdraw your fund inside monzo or revolut, then send to your Lloyds bank account. I have been doing this for months without issue

Monzo now blocks crypto transfers ........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omotaday(m): 12:33am On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Monzo now blocks crypto transfers ........
Well, haven’t had any issue with them. The coinbase I withdraw fund from is on my name, maybe that makes it safer.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:38am On Mar 14, 2023
Omotaday:
Well, haven’t had any issue with them. The coinbase I withdraw fund from is on my name, maybe that makes it safer.

Coinbase is fine, but monzo banned binance(had to check through my transaction history).....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teedol: 3:03am On Mar 14, 2023
Am travelling to the UK.

bigtt76:
Good to go but depends on where you aretravellingg to though

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by abuhusna1: 4:58am On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Coinbase is fine, but monzo banned binance(had to check through my transaction history).....
The easiest to cash out to uk bank that I use is uphold. You can send busd erc 20 to uphold and sell to pounds on uphold then withdraw to your uk bank or spend the money on uphold with their master card

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:11am On Mar 14, 2023
abuhusna1:

The easiest to cash out to uk bank that I use is uphold. You can send busd erc 20 to uphold and sell to pounds on uphold then withdraw to your uk bank or spend the money on uphold with their master card

Why all this moves...... Simply leave crypto on your coinbase visa debit card......... Spend away .....🤣

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 6:09am On Mar 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

£229.21 * 36 months

Interest on £10,000, is £771.56 ........

Apr is fixed at 5%, throughout the loan duration......

NB : That was an illustration based on my personal credit score ........ Your credit score could be much better than mine, meaning you get a better apr + lower total amount repayable.........

Not sure one could get a better offer than 5% on 10k over 36 months.

Baba share small credit score with us o. Let's get good offers too.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 6:16am On Mar 14, 2023
Omotaday:

Well, you would still.be receiving 9k.

Newbie123. There's no problem receiving 9k. Banks can flag for any amount if they suspect foul play though. Be it 40p or 5k.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:26am On Mar 14, 2023
No issues at all.

Teedol:
Am travelling to the UK.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:56am On Mar 14, 2023
CowbellY:

Not sure one could get a better offer than 5% on 10k over 36 months.

Baba share small credit score with us o. Let's get good offers too.

Oya come with your knife, ketchup and plate..........🤣

It's simply a process, everyone can achieve...... The essence we preach importance of good credit ratings ......

Money would be thrown at you, with eye watering rates ...... Self control, is also KEY .......

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 7:15am On Mar 14, 2023
A process that must be processed diligently within the process
Lexusgs430:
... ...
It's simply a process, everyone can achieve...... good credit ratings ......
...... Self control, is also KEY .......

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2023
semmyk:
A process that must be processed diligently within the process

Hmmm ọgbọn àgbà.........🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omotaday(m): 9:20am On Mar 14, 2023
CowbellY:

Well, you would still.be receiving 9k.

Newbie123. There's no problem receiving 9k. Banks can flag for any amount if they suspect foul play though. Be it 40p or 5k.
Receiving 9k from an entity he doesn’t know is more risky, might be from a hacked account or drug transaction. Selling his USDT to coinbase and withdrawing looks more legit.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by profemebee(m): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2023
the different levels of priority applications were paused mid last year because of the Ukraine family scheme which became HO's focus

Priority resumed this January 2023 for those applying outside the UK for the first spousal visa.

Bourne007:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maureen4sure: 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
My dear fellow Nairalander,

Greetings to everyone.

My name is Maureen.

This is my story; please, I need every little advice and suggestion.

I've been in the UK since January of last year on a student visa.

To get straight to the point, I failed one of my modules and also failed to resit, all not due to my fault.

My school app was locked due to a school fee delay from Form A; it took over 3 months before school accounts were created, and the resit was scheduled within the period school app was locked, which makes me miss the rest.

I talked to my module leader, and he said there was nothing he could do since I missed the resit. I went for an appeal, and they also said there was nothing that could be done.

I received a shocker two days ago, I received an email from the school visa and immigration department saying,

"Our records show that you are out of academic opportunities for one of your modules, and this therefore means you may not graduate with your full award and instead, upon successful completion of your remaining modules, you would be awarded a lower-level qualification than that which you were originally expected to achieve, You should note that in this event, this would mean that you are likely to be ineligible to apply for the Graduate Route Visa if you wished to do so. ''

I also received an email this morning from my module leader saying that I will be awarded a postgraduate diploma instead of a master's degree.

I have cried and cried my eyes out, I know I have disappointed my husband, who works tirelessly every day and night. He works in a warehouse and also as a security guard. For me to be able to get to this stage of my life,he has been there for me every day.

He has been down with this news for the last few days.

I will be submitting my dissertation by April, so I will be officially finished with school.

Please, where do I go from here?

I am a caregiver, and I have been for a year now. Getting COS from most care homes as a student has not been easy.

Hopefully, after submitting my dissertation, I can get a care home that can sponsor me.

It seems that's the only way out for me and my family now.

Please, house, I will need any other suggestions.

Thank you for your contributions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
Odedenshi1:

It is shocking to be honest.

Very shocking!
Those hypocrites. We see the wayward, vapes holding and disrespectful teenagers they raise.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by meljoe: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
Please who has applied for USA visit visa as a student ? Please I need help concerning what to fill on the form .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by prinzeindygo: 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
Good day my wonderful people.. my wife is yet to receive her COS. Can she do with her Passport expiring in August. ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
hustla:

I think France

Getting the visa might be easy but right now booking an appointment is the hardest and there is no walk-in with TLS UK.
Summer holiday ish I guess.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2023
A bit confused here

1. Does it mean that because you did not resit the module you can't get a full degree?

2. What's the essence of submitting the dissertation again if the above applies?

I know I sound daft but the time spent on getting the dissertation is best spent hustling for CoS.

Sad really what this Form A is causing people but again (not suggesting you did oo) but many people work and earn in pounds here and send the money back to Naira at black market rate and use the proceed to purchase pounds through Form A... Instead of paying off their fees using the pounds they earned 🤷🏿‍♀️

Well I guess by so doing they are able to pay off their full fees using Form A than it would've been paying with what they earn but it also exposes them to the delays of Form A. YouKay schools are not smiling again o 😢

Maureen4sure:

Greetings to everyone.

My name is Maureen.

To get straight to the point, I failed one of my modules and also failed to resit, all not due to my fault.

My school app was locked due to a school fee delay from Form A; it took over 3 months before school accounts were created, and the resit was scheduled within the period school app was locked, which makes me miss the rest.

I talked to my module leader, and he said there was nothing he could do since I missed the resit. I went for an appeal, and they also said there was nothing that could be done.

I received a shocker two days ago, I received an email from the school visa and immigration department saying,

"Our records show that you are out of academic opportunities for one of your modules, and this therefore means you may not graduate with your full award and instead, upon successful completion of your remaining modules, you would be awarded a lower-level qualification than that which you were originally expected to achieve, You should note that in this event, this would mean that you are likely to be ineligible to apply for the Graduate Route Visa if you wished to do so. ''

I also received an email this morning from my module leader saying that I will be awarded a postgraduate diploma instead of a master's degree.

I have cried and cried my eyes out, I know I have disappointed my husband, who works tirelessly every day and night. He works in a warehouse and also as a security guard. For me to be able to get to this stage of my life,he has been there for me every day.

He has been down with this news for the last few days.

I will be submitting my dissertation by April, so I will be officially finished with school.

Please, where do I go from here?

I am a caregiver, and I have been for a year now. Getting COS from most care homes as a student has not been easy.

Hopefully, after submitting my dissertation, I can get a care home that can sponsor me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
Maureen4sure:

Greetings to everyone.

My name is Maureen.

where do I go from here?

Oh dear!!!

Really disheartened by this news.

Pull yourself together.... tell your husband all will be well. Good thing , He understands.

I think you two should open your eyes and aggressively search for sponsorship at this point, even if it means relocating to another city or part of UK.

Set a timeline, wipe your tears and tell Oga that he is all you got. Don't worry it would be a story someday.

Apply aggressively and let Oga do same too. Talk to friends, neighbours, etc who have links to care jobs or any job that can sponsor you guys.

Above all... Prayer o.. pray like it is all you have !!!!

@Lexusgs430
@justwise

Abeg put mouth !!!!

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by meljoe: 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
Please I need to ask you some questions concerning the form

IvanCardozo:

Through the website. Did the application and booked an appointment date.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
Maureen4sure:

Greetings to everyone.

My name is Maureen.

Where in the UK are you?

If Cos doesn't come in time, your husband can switch to study and you to dependent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.