Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169833 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hello elders,

Thank you for your help, grandma has gotten her visit visa.

Please do we need to book return ticket Or is a one way ticket good enough?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kingdred: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
HollyMadison:
Hello elders,

Yes return ticket, as it is a visit visa.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
AgentXxx:
It was on a Facebook page comment for Vitality health insurance. Anyway Baba I don go your way but the painful part is that if you reach 70 lasan, money don enter bush niyen πŸ₯² . Person no even know the best prayer for now sef 210k no be beans 😩

My company is offering me this Vitality Health tingi they said I will be paying a difference of Β£15 - Β£25/month

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by samsmokey: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
Has.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adebayo82: 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2023
Thanks so much brother.

Lexusgs430:

Ensure you're opening windows, for ventilation......

And not putting wet clothes all over the radiators......

Then apply this magic liquid (treat affected areas 4 times a day)...... You would need to open windows after spraying.......😁

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
HollyMadison:
Hello elders,

Failure to book a return ticket, is a recipe for deportation........πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
mex551:
and you watch all these British films? I heard that there is a restriction when it’s not Netflix uk. How true?

Dont know about restrictions as I am more amercian movies inclined which I get to watch.I do get to watch some british movies though
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tolajay: 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
This is your go-to spot for non-profit jobs: charityjob.co.uk

You might want to highlight your skill set, experience and interest. The UK job market isn't big on certification rather experience and expertise.

Also, you might want to define your career path, helping those in such sector to give more direct pointers.

All the best.

BoyleEd:
Seniors, pls kindly advice someone with Masters in Epidemiology and Medical Statistics from Nigeria. I have few years experience working with a multinational NGO in Nigeria. The NGO domiciled in hospitals deal with people living with HIV (Routine medication, treatment and counseling). I am a dependent, please kindly advise me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aafulenu(f): 12:29am On Mar 28, 2023
Hi Guys,

Has anyone been able to apply for Passport renewal in the last 7 days?.

I have been trying to Pay for my passport renewal, but when it takes me to the innovate page. I put in my card details, and I get the below error. I have tried different credit and debit cards, and I have also tried deleting the application and starting afresh. I get to the same point and get the same error.

I have searched online, especially nairaland and can't find someone who has experienced this.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Walexwal: 12:53am On Mar 28, 2023
Aafulenu:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone been able to apply for Passport renewal in the last 7 days?.

I have been trying to Pay for my passport renewal, but when it takes me to the innovate page. I put in my card details, and I get the below error. I have tried different credit and debit cards, and I have also tried deleting the application and starting afresh. I get to the same point and get the same error.

I have searched online, especially nairaland and can't find someone who has experienced this.

It seems the name on the card you are using is different from the person you want to renew their passport. Or you are entering a wrong address coded on the card.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jcole123: 4:51am On Mar 28, 2023
Jcole123:
Hi guys, I am in the UK as a Skilled Worker dependent. My wife is an healthcare assistant in a care home. I also work 48hrs a week shift in the same care home with my wife. I work 4nights, she works 4days. Been in the uk now for 6months with our kids. (1year and 3years old). Aside this care work, what else can I do? I worked as a process engineer in Nigeria and I also did some personal trainings on data analysis (still learning).

What other jobs can I do aside care bearing in mind I have little kids to look after. How do I build a career path with my current situation.

Thanks guys. Awaiting your response

Any suggestions?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aafulenu(f): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2023
Walexwal:

It seems the name on the card you are using is different from the person you want to renew their passport. Or you are entering a wrong address coded on the card.

Thank you for your response.

The address on the card is correct.

Yes the name is different as I am paying for a child.

What can I do? The child doesn't have a card.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Afmaag123: 8:36am On Mar 28, 2023
Good day All, Please for those who used Flutter by Barter for payment of IHS, how did you get your refund?. I used that for my sisters n her sons payment but used my master card for her hubby n daughters. I can see a refund for her hubby n daughters but couldn't access the flutter by Barter account. Pls has anyone been able to?.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Walexwal: 9:39am On Mar 28, 2023
Aafulenu:

I created a one-time Revolut card in the child's name and I was able to pay. You can use other platforms like Monzo or Starling too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by profemebee(m): 9:56am On Mar 28, 2023
hi, what if i want to pay for myself and a child? is it possible to pay for both passports in the same cart?

Aafulenu:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 10:14am On Mar 28, 2023
Lexusgs430, Ticha, justwise

Please Sir/Ma which platform good for ISA?

Ejo ooooo πŸ˜΄πŸ˜”πŸ™
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2023
gergemam:
Lexusgs430, Ticha, justwise

Please Sir/Ma which platform good for ISA?

Ejo ooooo πŸ˜΄πŸ˜”πŸ™

https://app.moneyfarm.com/gb/sign-up?promocode=MF613416&affiliatePartnerId=84714d4e-4ee9-44cf-a90c-7a7095995d36

https://nutmeg.mention-me.com/m/ol/rg4ip-oye-jaiyeola

I have 2 ISA accounts, both accounts are managed by the ISA provider....... πŸ€ πŸ˜‚

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 10:26am On Mar 28, 2023
Jcole123:
Hi guys, I am in the UK as a Skilled Worker dependent. My wife is an healthcare assistant in a care home. I also work 48hrs a week shift in the same care home with my wife. I work 4nights, she works 4days. Been in the uk now for 6months with our kids. (1year and 3years old). Aside this care work, what else can I do? I worked as a process engineer in Nigeria and I also did some personal trainings on data analysis (still learning).

What other jobs can I do aside care bearing in mind I have little kids to look after. How do I build a career path with my current situation.

Thanks guys. Awaiting your response

The UK job market is an experienced-based market, it's either you look for jobs tailored to your experience back in Nigeria or you decide to start a new career path by going for graduate or entry roles that require no experience to start. Good thing you are not looking for sponsored visa jobs for now so this is my personal advice, I have been seeing large companies like Lloyds bank advertising for entry-level business analyst roles, which they call apprentice Business analyst roles, I have also seen another Large company known as Legal & General advertised same, so check out things like that and apply. Apprenticeship roles as Business analysts, Data analysts, and others are a good way to go, for 12 or 24 months or so they will train while you work, with this you have solved the UK experience-ish barrier and you can move on from there. Good luck, so target large organisations for apprentice roles.

Just to add, salary amount should not be your problem now as this is where our people are missing it. Your priority is to define your career path and integrate fast into the Uk system

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 11:24am On Mar 28, 2023
Lexusgs430:

https://app.moneyfarm.com/gb/sign-up?promocode=MF613416&affiliatePartnerId=84714d4e-4ee9-44cf-a90c-7a7095995d36

https://nutmeg.mention-me.com/m/ol/rg4ip-oye-jaiyeola

I have 2 ISA accounts, both accounts are managed by the ISA provider....... πŸ€ πŸ˜‚

Baddest daddy 😍😍😍

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aafulenu(f): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2023
Walexwal:

I created a one-time Revolut card in the child's name and I was able to pay. You can use other platforms like Monzo or Starling too.

Thank you very much. This worked.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 004gist: 11:51am On Mar 28, 2023
elenengine:
Good morning my good people here,
I am in South Wales.
Please I need accommodation for couples, I don't mind any city in Wales (Cardiff, Newport, PONTYPRIDD or so.
I am stranded, Airbnb booking is killing.
Abeg I need accommodation to rent, I don't mind the size.

is there job opportunity in
Pontypridd?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tomiwiyu: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by prinzeindygo: 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
It’s best you do research on the company oo, comments I saw on their Facebook page was scary.
gergemam:

My company is offering me this Vitality Health tingi they said I will be paying a difference of Β£15 - Β£25/month
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hyzich(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
Goke7:

The UK job market is an experienced-based market, it's either you look for jobs tailored to your experience back in Nigeria or you decide to start a new career path by going for graduate or entry roles that require no experience to start. Good thing you are not looking for sponsored visa jobs for now so this is my personal advice, I have been seeing large companies like Lloyds bank advertising for entry-level business analyst roles, which they call apprentice Business analyst roles, I have also seen another Large company known as Legal & General advertised same, so check out things like that and apply. Apprenticeship roles as Business analysts, Data analysts, and others are a good way to go, for 12 or 24 months or so they will train while you work, with this you have solved the UK experience-ish barrier and you can move on from there. Good luck, so target large organisations for apprentice roles.

Just to add, salary amount should not be your problem now as this is where our people are missing it. Your priority is to define your career path and integrate fast into the Uk system

You're right UK job market is experience based, however, your experience in Nigeria can also count depending on you package your CV and how good your transferrable skills are.. if you've got what it takes to get the job please apply and give your best. Apply to coys directly and leave those Outsourcing HRS cos they'll ding you once they hear you've got no UK experience. I got my first job(experienced level) here without UK experience infact i got 2 offers. We need to up our game like the Indians and start applying for experienced level jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
AgentXxx:
It’s best you do research on the company oo, comments I saw on their Facebook page was scary.

THANK YOU for the information 😊
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
gergemam:

No requirement of health are personnel from Nigeria until further notice from WHO

Health are personel? angry angry angry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2023
Individuals can apply independently but recruitment agencies or personnel will not have active recruitments in the listed countries...
prinzeindygo:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/code-of-practice-for-the-international-recruitment-of-health-and-social-care-personnel/code-of-practice-for-the-international-recruitment-of-health-and-social-care-personnel-in-england#annex-a-red-and-amber-list-countries

Please,gurus in the house, what is the meaning & implication of this

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by slimanyd: 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
gergemam:

No requirement of health are personnel from Nigeria until further notice from WHO

Lol. Una dey spread rumours. Read the whole thing over again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nellyball(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hello Team. Please I need help. UKVI just sent a mail for me to confirm an inflow in my account (4m). Please I need advice from anyone who have scale this process. How did u make up for the documents required etc. Please I need your help.
NOTE: I am in the Uk currently, the fund was to make up for my daughter to join me.

I believe some of us have scale through this process and I will be glad to get HELP

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.