Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (941) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1184643 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
gergemam:

Person fit apply for Tax return and get small back later nah?

If you're due any refund, the taxman would send it back .........

No go wuruwuru refunds..... Or else it would sting you in the bum .........😭🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
bigtt76:
are there wires crossing here? Becos I nor understand this cheesy

Oh you were lost inbtw the lines?
Sorry I was writing in code, that helped me in conserving some ink on the NL.

I was trying to understood what he [Phenmeson] was saying here too.

Phenmeson:

Yours still fresh.
I finally received mine at the Embassy. Few
August/ September 2022 Applicant are stil expecting theirs

And I think he has modified 'The Post' where he gave his timetable, which shows that he collected his Visa before The MA.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

No worry.... Wa wa alright......😂🤣

Once you get used to it, second nature sets in .....🤑

Daddy what is this second nature 😞😞.

Ojuju Calabar
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by abuhusna1: 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
heroshark:
Please my passport will expire on March 2024 (I have about 9months left) if I apply for renewal now will my old passport be canceled or I can still be traveling with it till the new passport is out. I have series of travel planned throughout the year and can't really afford to stay even a month without a valid passport.

Your passport remains valid till you get the new one then you give immigration the old one to cancel it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

I was given 3moons to get in. You that got yours in 2022 when the Main Applicant has not received his/hers, were you given a stipulated time to get in and as the MA has not collected his/hers, I want to believe you cannot get in or even work without MA spearheading?

How exactly are you handling situation like that?

Meanwhile what I was trying to say is, b4 I got my passport back, in the BRP there's a place where I was told when I can enter The YouKay, that if I delays it and it crosses a particular months (3months/moons max), I will have to go through another process to be able to enter.

So @BIGTT76
bigtt76:
are there wires crossing here? Becos I nor understand this cheesy
I was surprised how someone was able to get visa in 2022 b4 the MA and is still yet to travel, knowing fully well that his entrance has 3months threshold.

Woo...I done too explain.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
gergemam:

Daddy what is this second nature 😞😞.

Ojuju Calabar

Your second nature, might not be my second nature........🤣😁

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
abuhusna1:

Your passport remains valid till you get the new one then you give immigration the old one to cancel it.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
If I'm not mistaken, he was referring to passport collection at the NHC.

DoDirtsLikeWorm:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tier4Dependant: 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2023
Viruses:

This is correct.

I've heard of someone that paid 10M for sponsorship, no shifts yet. Sometimes they get shift once a week. The agency have advised them to takeup jobs elsewhere if they see. The ones that came with their families are crying.

These agencies are making more money from CoS than from their customers. And they bring in people from different countries.

This is now very common. The sad part of this whole thing is that if a company’s license gets revoked, it affects its employees.

Home office will not pity you that paid 5million or 10million to get CoS. Home office will not say that it’s your company that did not give you job to complete your hours. Once your salary falls below the required, there will be problem.

My advice to anyone in this situation is to start looking for another company that can sponsor. There is what is called Home Office Sponsor Compliance Visits. These people know what to look out for. I pray none of us gets caught up in between these greedy employers mess.

Lastly, I think most of us are too focused on care homes and all these small small companies that just got sponsorship license and leaving out the big picture.

Guys look into NHS, don’t limit yourself. Band 3 HCA role is eligible for sponsorship…. Browse the nhs job website, filter out band 3 roles or higher if eligible and start submitting applications. Forget about whether they include that sponsorship is offered for the role or not, just keep applying.

It’s not an easy task, but you will come back and testify in 3-4 months from now.

21 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

And I think he has modified 'The Post' where he gave his timetable, which shows that he collected his Visa before The MA.

The post is about Nigeria passport application /collection in London and not Visa application.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
Phenmeson:

My biometric was Jan 22,collection date was March 20th,i went to the embassy more than times before I finally pick up my passport.
Just make sure that if your passport is send to your address and no one is at home, sha run to nearest post office to pick up before they send it back to 9ja embassy.
Few people are having difficulty because their passport was not picked up on time.

Boss please can u specifically explain what you had to do at the embassy before you were able to get your passport. I am planning to go to the embassy for mine as well. Please feel free to dm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Boss please can u specifically explain what you had to do at the embassy before you were able to get your passport. I am planning to go to the embassy for mine as well. Please feel free to dm

If you don't live far to London, u can just keep checking on them.
I went over 4times after collection date. I was not even allowed into the building.
The security guards outside will just ask you to drop your collection slip. They will go inside and check progress of your application and give you feedback or ask you to return home that they will ring you. But most case, they may not even ring you to give you any update.
I saw last year applicant who are still yet to pick up their passport.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
gergemam:

Person fit apply for Tax return and get small back later nah?

Yes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kenglogirl(f): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
Please what about a student having an unconditional offer with her husband surname but the surname on her international passport is her maiden name. Please help. So that her visa application won't be denied when she applies. Is this also applicable to prospective students?
giselle237:
hi. Pls she is to use what is on her international passport… the maiden name. While filling the application form it will ask if she is know by any other name then she can fill her marital name
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Yemite14557: 12:18am On Apr 18, 2023
Hello house ,is there anyone running international dropshiping or doing Ecommerce here in the UK?,e.g selling with Shopify etc ,i really need information about tax payment et all ….Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2023
I get it now. When I saw 3 Moons I was like 🤭 shey this person na ancient of days reps ni 🤣🤣🤣

Yes you are right... You are given 3 months to enter the UK before the expiration of your visa vignette. When you get in you will then collect your BRP which your permit throughout the duration of study or work in the UK.

Yes you can't enter the UK before or without the MA being in the UK.

The post you quoted earlier was talking about his passport renewal sha 🤣

DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Meanwhile what I was trying to say is, b4 I got my passport back, in the BRP there's a place where I was told when I can enter The YouKay, that if I delays it and it crosses a particular months (3months/moons max), I will have to go through another process to be able to enter.

So @BIGTT76

I was surprised how someone was able to get visa in 2022 b4 the MA and is still yet to travel, knowing fully well that his entrance has 3months threshold.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:08am On Apr 18, 2023
Chai why people like wahala too much naa 🤷🏿‍♀️

Has the person done the required name change in court or wherever before? If yes then add those documents to your application, else request the school to update your admissions letter to match your passport details

Kenglogirl:
Please what about a student having an unconditional offer with her husband surname but the surname on her international passport is her maiden name. Please help. So that her visa application won't be denied when she applies. Is this also applicable to prospective students?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:10am On Apr 18, 2023
You can do this online sef

https://track.immigration.gov.ng
🤷🏿‍♀️

Phenmeson:

If you don't live far to London, u can just keep checking on them.
I went over 4times after collection date. I was not even allowed into the building.
The security guards outside will just ask you to drop your collection slip. They will go inside and check progress of your application and give you feedback or ask you to return home that they will ring you. But most case, they may not even ring you to give you any update.
I saw last year applicant who are still yet to pick up their passport.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:16am On Apr 18, 2023

DoDirtsLikeWorm:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2023
Kenglogirl:
pls the name on her passport is the name she ought to use.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 8:42am On Apr 18, 2023
bigtt76:

Lool the thing really weak me.. we were talking of something completely different, so even after his long explanations I was still confused 😂😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2023
Omo de stress too much 😂😂

Lolli2pop:

Lool the thing really weak me.. we were talking of something completely different, so even after his long explanations I was still confused 😂😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2023
bigtt76:
You can do this online sef

https://track.immigration.gov.ng
🤷🏿‍♀️

I keep tracking mine since 2months after application, it has always been on Application received. Even till the very day I pick it up from the embassy, it fail to move to Ready for enrolment. Is better to renew the passport 6months before expiring because 9ja High Commission are unpredictable.
Some applicant received theirs less than a month after applying why some hasn't received theirs 6months after.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:01am On Apr 18, 2023
Exactly ...best you start very early. Same thing I did too. I opted to keep my unexpired passport and I got renewed after 3 months. Better than nothing.

Phenmeson:

I keep tracking mine since 2months after application, it has always been on Application received. Even till the very day I pick it up from the embassy, it fail to move to Ready for enrolment. Is better to renew the passport 6months before expiring because 9ja High Commission are unpredictable.
Some applicant received theirs less than a month after applying why some hasn't received theirs 6months after.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Opsycal: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good day all,
I have a 2 years old who is going to attend nursery. I reached out to my local council and provided my BRP because I observed on the government website that one can get the 15-hours-per-week free nursery even if their visa shows No recourse to public funds and their family income is below a specific amount. The council confirmed that my child is eligible and provided us with a code for his free nursery. However, I heard that the 2 yrs old 15 hours nursery is public funds to Tier 4 student visa holders. I am quite confused. Please has anyone accessed this? Kindly assist with useful information. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2023
Kenglogirl:

Some Human prefers headache more than anything shaa.
I think you should attach all the necessary documents, ranging from marriage certificate to even writing a cover letter on why you chose to complicate the whole document by yourself.

They'll understand you. But the name on your Passport supercedes oO
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
Opsycal:
Good day all,
I have a 2 years old who is going to attend nursery. I reached out to my local council and provided my BRP because I observed on the government website that one can get the 15-hours-per-week free nursery even if their visa shows No recourse to public funds and their family income is below a specific amount. The council confirmed that my child is eligible and provided us with a code for his free nursery. However, I heard that the 2 yrs old 15 hours nursery is public funds to Tier 4 student visa holders. I am quite confused. Please has anyone accessed this? Kindly assist with useful information. Thanks
if you are in England, your 2 yr old is not entitled to 15 hours free until they turn 3.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
Opsycal:
Good day all,

Yes you can if your household income is below the income threshold.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
giselle237:
if you are in England, your 2 yr old is not entitled to 15 hours free until they turn 3.

It's actually not a blanket restriction, if household income is below the threshold on the gov.uk website then he/she can. The 30hrs 3 year old funding is equally not universal, there is an income threshold as well and parents earning above that can't claim it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
ukay2:

Yes

Abeg wetin lead to this talk. Cus i no dey use ear hear get some back later
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
eniola1010:

Abeg wetin lead to this talk. Cus i no dey use ear hear get some back later

grin
It's about self assessment and refunds by HMRC
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
Estroller:

It's actually not a blanket restriction, if household income is below the threshold on the gov.uk website then he/she can. The 3 year old funding is equally not universal, there is an income threshold as well and parents earning above that can't claim it.
the visa says no recourse to public funds …

(1) (2) (3) ... (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.