Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,022 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169577 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Justug: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2023
Good morning my people, please where can someone get used car engines for sale in this UK, with a view exporting them back home. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by worry357: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2023
Justug:
Good morning my people, please where can someone get used car engines for sale in this UK, with a view exporting them back home. Thanks

Stating where you are in the Uk would help.
Also how many engines? One at a time, or, a container full?

Search for car breakers on Google in your area, then you need to look into packing and shipping.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Drey1: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2023
Hwy9:
Please, can anyone here help with accommodation for a family of 5 arriving in Birmingham in May?

Please, if you have a 3-bedroom available for rent, kindly reach out to me.

Baba. 5 people going at once is suicidal without having a family ure going over there to meet. And about Accomodation, U will need to be on ground sef. So, it's best make the MA go first and sort out all the Accomodation brouhaha and dependants can come after a week or so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2023
Drey1:

Baba. 5 people going at once is suicidal without having a family ure going over there to meet. And about Accomodation, U will need to be on ground sef. So, it's best make the MA go first and sort out all the Accomodation brouhaha and dependants can come after a week or so.

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Justug: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2023
=worry357 post=122569817]

Stating where you are in the Uk would help.
Also how many engines? One at a time, or, a container full?

Search for car breakers on Google in your area, then you need to look into packing and shipping.
[/quote]

Looking at getting them in bits, store them and then ship when it reaches 20 ft container. Thanks very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2023
Natwest's £200 is in

Who knows other banks that are paying to switch? I'd like to switch my starling account

wink

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tolzeal(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
hustla:
Natwest's £200 is in

Who knows other banks that are paying to switch? I'd like to switch my starling account

wink

MORE : https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by horlahxeyi: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
@lexusgs450 and all, thanks for all you do here.

Presently in the UK, will appreciate any part- time job connect for my spouse (Healthcare support) in london or closeby to fix her 20hrs as her sponsor dont have job placement.

I am also looking for advice/support on getting a job,I have 13years experience in the Oil and gas field (field production operations).

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by horlahxeyi: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
@lexusgs430

horlahxeyi:

Presently in the UK, will appreciate any part- time job connect for my spouse (Healthcare support) in london or closeby to fix her 20hrs as her sponsor dont have job placement.

I am also looking for advice/support on getting a job,I have 13years experience in the Oil and gas field (field production operations).

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by horlahxeyi: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
horlahxeyi:

@lexusgs430

Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
Phenmeson:

Morning.
Have you received your passport.
When was your capturing?

Hey I haven’t received my passport… capturing was end of February
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Hey I haven’t received my passport… capturing was end of February

Yours still fresh.
I finally received mine at the Embassy. Few
August/ September 2022 Applicant are stil expecting theirs
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
Phenmeson:

Yours still fresh.

When was your biometric? Do you mean you went to the embassy to collect yours?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lolli2pop:

When was your biometric? Do you mean you went to the embassy to collect yours?

My biometric was Jan 22,collection date was March 20th,i went to the embassy more than times before I finally pick up my passport.
Just make sure that if your passport is send to your address and no one is at home, sha run to nearest post office to pick up before they send it back to 9ja embassy.
Few people are having difficulty because their passport was not picked up on time.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2023
Justug:

Your oga for Nnewi done dey worry? Hahaha..😃
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tomiwiyu: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
Many Agency staff are on this table, Sponsor have brought it more staff more than what they need. Staff is limited to 20hrs . And it is not like there is an end to this. I will advise the candidate to search aggressively for job part-time becos this Agency are selfish.
I am on this table also , but i found a care job pending the time my Agency will give Job.

horlahxeyi:

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
Phenmeson:

Yours still fresh.

I was given 3moons to get in. You that got yours in 2022 when the Main Applicant has not received his/hers, were you given a stipulated time to get in and as the MA has not collected his/hers, I want to believe you cannot get in or even work without MA spearheading?

How exactly are you handling situation like that?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2023
are there wires crossing here? Becos I nor understand this cheesy

DoDirtsLikeWorm:

I was given 3moons to get in. You that got yours in 2022 when the Main Applicant has not received his/hers, were you given a stipulated time to get in and as the MA has not collected his/hers, I want to believe you cannot get in or even work without MA spearheading?

How exactly are you handling situation like that?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hwy9:
Please, can anyone here help with accommodation for a family of 5 arriving in Birmingham in May?

Please, if you have a 3-bedroom available for rent, kindly reach out to me.

I will advice you let one person come in first to kick the ground running and settle down for you guys before coming in with everyone, unless you have more money to put in airbnb. There is scarcity of accomodation going on presently in the UK. You guys may be lucky though but if you dont want to waste all your savings on airbnb, please plan accordingly. Wishing you well
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
Question: does anyone has or know about any 3 bedroom apartment to let.

Answer: don't travel with your family

Some companies sponsor employee and their family if they are coming together. Some will refund all your expense including temporary accommodation (just that you may have to pay with your money first).

I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, my point is make we sufri dey advice. A man with 3 children know what is best for his family.

You no need advice who no get money say MA should travel alone, him pucket go advise am.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
Abeg how long will it take to get transit visa for france.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2023
tomiwiyu:
Many Agency staff are on this table, Sponsor have brought it more staff more than what they need. Staff is limited to 20hrs . And it is not like there is an end to this. I will advise the candidate to search aggressively for job part-time becos this Agency are selfish.
I am on this table also , but i found a care job pending the time my Agency will give Job.

This is correct.

I've heard of someone that paid 10M for sponsorship, no shifts yet. Sometimes they get shift once a week. The agency have advised them to takeup jobs elsewhere if they see. The ones that came with their families are crying.

These agencies are making more money from CoS than from their customers. And they bring in people from different countries.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2023
Viruses:
Question: does anyone has or know about any 3 bedroom apartment to let.

Answer: don't travel with your family

Some companies sponsor employee and their family if they are coming together. Some will refund all your expense including temporary accommodation (just that you may have to pay with your money first).

I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, my point is make we sufri dey advice. A man with 3 children know what is best for his family.

You no need advice who no get money say MA should travel alone, him pucket go advise am.

It's best to still dish the advice....... So their expectations are not dashed.........

If OP is intending to travel in May, and no concrete accommodation arrangements for a family of 5 ....... The shock might be reduced, with such warning 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 .......🤣😂

OP better come financially prepared, because Airbnb is about to feed large...........😭🤣

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
Please my passport will expire on March 2024 (I have about 9months left) if I apply for renewal now will my old passport be canceled or I can still be traveling with it till the new passport is out. I have series of travel planned throughout the year and can't really afford to stay even a month without a valid passport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's best to still dish the advice....... So their expectations are not dashed.........

If OP is intending to travel in May, and no concrete accommodation arrangements for a family of 5 ....... The shock might be reduced, with such warning 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 .......🤣😂

OP better come financially prepared, because Airbnb is about to feed large...........😭🤣

My daddy..

Please 🥺🥺 can you help explain the below small, my head no wan boot 🥾 again 😭😭😭

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
gergemam:

My daddy..

Please 🥺🥺 can you help explain the below small, my head no wan boot 🥾 again 😭😭😭

PAYE - Pay As you Earn - Direct deduction from employee, to taxman

NI Contribution - NHS + State pension contributions etc etc (Also directly deducted from employee)......

If you add private pension deductions - You go get migraine b dat .......😂😭🤣

NB : At least child support, attachment of earnings or court deductions, no dey inside.......,😂😭

Use the remaining salary, prepare for same deductions next month...... Rinse and repeat......🤣

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

NI Contribution - NHS + State pension contributions etc etc (Also directly deducted from employee)......

NB : At least child support, attachment of earnings or court deductions, no dey inside.......,😂😭

Use the remaining salary, prepare for same deductions next month...... Rinse and repeat......🤣

It's better his having direct deductions from employer than to pay them later grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
heroshark:
Please my passport will expire on March 2024 (I have about 9months left) if I apply for renewal now will my old passport be canceled or I can still be traveling with it till the new passport is out. I have series of travel planned throughout the year and can't really afford to stay even a month without a valid passport.
Fill out your online application and possibly choose a biometrics appt date that coincides with when your ppt will be left with 6 months validity.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Ha...😭😭😭

Tani mo sé bayiii fah... Owo ti ku waso 😂😂😂🤣🤣

E be lem be

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
ukay2:

It's better his having direct deductions from employer than to pay them later grin

Person fit apply for Tax return and get small back later nah?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
gergemam:

Ha...😭😭😭

Tani mo sé bayiii fah... Owo ti ku waso 😂😂😂🤣🤣

E be lem be

No worry.... Wa wa alright......😂🤣

Once you get used to it, second nature sets in .....🤑

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.