Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177919 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2023
rinzylee:

Please explain well biko.

How would changing the VPN affect London?
Well..If he's being blocked from accessing some features on the site from London,meanwhile another from a different location can? VPN will help..

E.g: From Nigeria, if I wants to access Gumtree Aussie version, it will block me out (it was not like this before when I was seeking for their Visa). New improved maybešŸ˜.
But immediately I 0N's vpn it will open up.
Meanwhile for mock, I can use it to prove to you that I am infront of ur house rn. (Plz do not ask how I got to learn it, AI no dey tire to improve)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

0m0šŸ˜®!!!
On the 30th day, I go dey apply for school join ooO.
Incase 'is' no go, 'was' go retain me.

Nothing is easy, but...Chai...hard luck.

Money for school fees unko and what are the odd you get admission and be able to apply for visa in 60days... hussle no easy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akhat: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
Good day bosses, I got mail from my school(in Liverpool) as regard my outstanding tuition fee balance of 3k, which I am suppose to pay in full within four months from my enrollment date, is due for payment this month. And that if I don't pay, that sanctions will be imposed, one of which is to prevent me from continuing my studies.
My initial payment plan didn't work out as planned, I had a running bolt business in Nigeria which I planned to use the proceeds from it, but didn't workout, and I also didn't get job on time after I arrived UK.
Because I do not have enough time to get all the money I need from my job before they start imposing sanctions on me,
The option I have left now is to sell my land in Port Harcourt. I have two plots of land(fenced) and another half plot round eneka-igbo eche link road in port Harcourt to sell. Documents are deeds of conveyance
Local government levy receipt
State government levy receipt
Community youth levy
Price is 3.5m per plot
I can also use it as collateral for loan with payback payment plan within agreed period. As I can afford to do Ā£300 monthly direct debit from my account to payback the loan.

Please, I really need help, I don't have anywhere else to turn to. I have never taken a loan before, this is my first time. I don't have any reason to default. My mind have not been at rest since I got the email from the school.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
dupyshoo:
So how can we curb those selling COS? Maybe to stop paying them?
Also, why are genuine asylum seekers paying albanian gangs thousands of Euros to cross to UK while already in France? I genuinely want to find out cos it does not make sense to me

Living in France as an "illegal immigrant" is one of the worst things you can ever imagine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
BorisJohnson:
Hello peopleā€¦
Who needs 200,000 naira?
I need pounds.

Please whatā€™s your rate?

Thank you.

Do you still have it? I can do 920 per Ā£Ā£.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tinyemeka(m): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
@Lexusgs470 I've just locked myself outside the house and na only me dey house. Barefoot and no jacket.

I'm stuck in the foyer. Have tried sliding a card through the gap. No hope. Ahdondie!?? cry

I don't want to start calling locksmiths now to charge me on top jam lock. Any advice anyone please ?šŸ„ŗ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ubom123: 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
Please does anyone has the contact of any good company that does air cargo to the UK. I want to send food stuffs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Well..If he's being blocked from accessing some features on the site from London,meanwhile another from a different location can? VPN will help..

E.g: From Nigeria, if I wants to access Gumtree Aussie version, it will block me out (it was not like this before when I was seeking for their Visa). New improved maybešŸ˜.
But immediately I 0N's vpn it will open up.
Meanwhile for mock, I can use it to prove to you that I am infront of ur house rn. (Plz do not ask how I got to learn it, AI no dey tire to improve)

Haha.... abeg o..no kidnap me o

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2023
Tinyemeka:
@Lexusgs470 I've just locked myself outside the house and na only me dey house. Barefoot and no jacket.

I'm stuck in the foyer. Have tried sliding a card through the gap. No hope. Ahdondie!?? cry

I don't want to start calling locksmiths now to charge me on top jam lock. Any advice anyone please ?šŸ„ŗ

Do you have a spare key, anywhere?

If you're renting, your LL or EA would have a spare key......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2023
Why and is it any better here in the Uk? I thought they said life in EU is better than UK.

Also, we are talking about those who have reasons to seek for asylum due to civil unrest in their countries. They can apply for asylum in France.
davide470:
Living in France as an "illegal immigrant" is one of the worst things you can ever imagine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hwy9: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
bukonlami:
My people please how long does dependent visa takes to be approved
I applied on 12th April and just received my BRP today (didn't receive any approval mail though).

I am also the MA. Not sure if MA or dependant will have much impact on the timeframe (except health/care workers visa).

It was also a standard application.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
dupyshoo:
Why and is it any better here in the Uk? I thought they said life in EU is better than UK.

Also, we are talking about those who have reasons to seek for asylum due to civil unrest in their countries. They can apply for asylum in France.

Some have extended family here. For others it's the language barrier -English being more universal and easier to learn. For some it's the perception that the UK is more lenient in granting asylum and giving benefits, and is a friendlier, more hospitable and tolerant place in general.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
davide470:

Uk too is not easy. You can't rent you can't work you can't school .....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
dupyshoo:

Life in the EU for "EU Nationals" is better than life in the UK for "UK nationals".. that's the complete version of that sentence. A good number of those seeking asylum are rejected in France, hence illegal, and the French don't have the time to deport anyone, they just frustrate you out of their country.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
LagosismyHome:

Uk too is not easy. You can't rent you can't work you can't school .....
In this UK? you can rent and work o šŸ˜Š.. and English is more understandable than French.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jogoluv: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Do you have a spare key, anywhere?

If you're renting, your LL or EA would have a spare key......
Hello @Lexusgs430,
I want to travel to Manchester and I need information on how I can secure an accommodation from Nigeria to settle. Do you have information on how I can go about this please. A bed flat or studio apartment works perfectly. I will appreciate if anyone in the community have access or information on how this will can be easy for me.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2023
All these reasons you have mentioned show that they are economic migrants and not running for their lives. If you are running for your life truly, you will be happy to stay in France. It is not logical to risk your life further and also pay thousands of pounds to cross the sea.
Zahra29:

Some have extended family here. For others it's the language barrier -English being more universal and easier to learn. For some it's the perception that the UK is more lenient in granting asylum and giving benefits, and is a friendlier, more hospitable and tolerant place in general.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
Try and be illegal here in the UK and see how difficult it is. Even those with right to work are not getting house to rent. It is much more difficult with this share code thingy
davide470:
Life in the EU for "EU Nationals" is better than life in the UK for "UK nationals".. that's the complete version of that sentence. A good number of those seeking asylum are rejected in France, hence illegal, and the French don't have the time to deport anyone, they just frustrate you out of their country.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2023
What about your neighbours? They might be able to help.
Tinyemeka:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2023
Go through rightmove and spareroom. Tbh, the probability that you will get a house from Naija is very slim. Consider airbnb or stay with friends/families for few weeks
to allow you settle in.
jogoluv:

Hello @Lexusgs430,
I want to travel to Manchester and I need information on how I can secure an accommodation from Nigeria to settle. Do you have information on how I can go about this please. A bed flat or studio apartment works perfectly. I will appreciate if anyone in the community have access or information on how this will can be easy for me.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
dupyshoo:
All these reasons you have mentioned show that they are economic migrants and not running for their lives. If you are running for your life truly, you will be happy to stay in France. It is not logical to risk your life further and also pay thousands of pounds to cross the sea.

Fair point. However, a decent percentage of those who make it to the UK do end up being given asylum and this is despite the very high bar set by the HO- so some of them must be genuine refugees
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2023
davide470:
In this UK? you can rent and work o šŸ˜Š.. and English is more understandable than French.

Not in any decent job, in any respectable company. Right to work is a mandatory check, often done before an employment offer is made.

Gov is reinstating a policy which was paused in the aftermath of Grenfell, requiring banks to conduct regular checks and to close the bank accounts of those deemed illegal. So even if someone did manage to get a job, it would be cash in hand or paid into someone else's account.

So it's not definitely not easy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jogoluv: 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
dupyshoo:
Go through rightmove and spareroom. Tbh, the probability that you will get a house from Naija is very slim. Consider airbnb or stay with friends/families for few weeks
to allow you settle in.
Alright.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2023
Akhat:
Good day bosses, I got mail from my school(in Liverpool) as regard my outstanding tuition fee balance, which I am suppose to pay in full within four months from my enrollment date, is due for payment this month. And that if I don't pay, that sanctions will be imposed, one of which is to prevent me from continuing my studies.
My initial payment plan didn't work out as planned, and I also didn't get job on time after I arrived UK.
Because I do not have enough time to get all the money I need from my job before they start imposing sanctions on me,
The option I have left now is to sell my land in Port Harcourt. I have two plots of land(fenced) and another half plot round eneka-igbo eche link road in port Harcourt to sell. Documents are deeds of conveyance
Community youth levy
Price is 3.5m per plot
I can also use it as collateral for loan with payback payment plan within agreed period. As I can afford to do Ā£300 monthly direct debit from my account to payback the loan.

Please, I really need help, I don't have anywhere else to turn to. I have never taken a loan before, this is my first time. I don't have any reason to default. My mind have not been at rest since I got the email from the school.

It will be difficult to get help from here because the money that may be involve is much.
I want to believe you dotted all your i's & crossed all your T's before leaving, even though we tend to believe "God will provide in the long run, or "when we reach the bridge we go cross am", but plans no come work out the way it ought to be.

I believe you have family back home and they will be in the best position to help out, because me that is in Abuja does not know where the Land is located. And Femi in Ekiti will not be travelling all the way from there to PH in order to see your land Collateral.
GoodLuck

Anyone with a nicer way on how to go about this should please help.

P.S: This is the reason why when some persons says they're going with 5-7 family members all at once and some other person's try to talk them out of it in a way that some people without experience cannot decode the bigger picture, E get Y.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

P.S: This is the reason why when some persons says they're going with 5-7 family members all at once and some other person's try to talk them out of it in a way that some people without experience cannot decode the bigger picture, E get Y.

šŸ’Æ

People are right to ask questions or advise caution/patience because of stories like this.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2023
Hi my people
Long time no see.
Been a little while
In the period of my absence, a few things have changed. Myself and kids are now British citizens. Praise God!

To the point of this post
My brother came into the uk in February on tier 4
He has been in the process of registering with an agency, they supposedly applied for his dbs since the beginning of March and till date itā€™s not yet out. He keeps calling and they keep saying it was in stage 1, stage 2 and eventually said itā€™s gone through all the stages and he should expect it in the post.

We have waited all week and nothing arrived. I ring this agency myself today and requested for the reference number to track it and this man says he will send it and didnā€™t send it after several hours. I google and find a contact number to reach DBS representative so I called using the number. After providing my brother ā€˜a details, can you believe that DBS has no record of his and the wifeā€™s DBS application. Like this man didnā€™t apply for their DBS after collecting full fees for this application.

I quickly started recording when he confirmed they dont have details of any application with the details I provided.

Please where do I take this deceit and fraud to? I am ready to follow this up cos this is the height of wickedness. Two long months my brother and wife have been waiting for dbs so they can work, he knew he didnā€™t apply but have been lying. How mean can people be? He has asked severally for number and he will tell him he is sending it but never sends it until I decided to call myself today

Please advice my people

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2023
Akhat:
Good day bosses, I got mail from my school(in Liverpool) as regard my outstanding tuition fee balance, which I am suppose to pay in full within four months from my enrollment date, is due for payment this month. And that if I don't pay, that sanctions will be imposed, one of which is to prevent me from continuing my studies.
My initial payment plan didn't work out as planned, and I also didn't get job on time after I arrived UK.
Community youth levy
Price is 3.5m per plot

@ the Bolded 1:
Did you really have a functional initial plan?

@ the Bolded 2:
Assumption is that you now have a job, right?

From the Job you now have, are you able to pay Ā£1,000 to the school monthly? If yes, re-negotiate a flexi-payment plan with the school. They can roar and bark, they will hardly bite (as first resort). Just make a commitment to the school (in much smaller chunks - say Ā£1000 per month). At least if something dey enter, dem go give you small breathing space.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Babynoah: 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
They will not listen,
me i don't talk anymore. Please come in without preparing yourself. At the end of the day na you go face masquerade

DoDirtsLikeWorm:

It will be difficult to get help from here because the money that may be involve is much.
I want to believe you dotted all your i's & crossed all your T's before leaving, even though we tend to believe "God will provide in the long run, or "when we reach the bridge we go cross am", but plans no come work out the way it ought to be.

I believe you have family back home and they will be in the best position to help out, because me that is in Abuja does not know where the Land is located. And Femi in Ekiti will not be travelling all the way from there to PH in order to see your land Collateral.
GoodLuck

Anyone with a nicer way on how to go about this should please help.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
gratefulme40:
Hi my people
Long time no see.
Been a little while
In the period of my absence, a few things have changed. Myself and kids are now British citizens. Praise God!

To the point of this post
My brother came into the uk in February on tier 4
He has been in the process of registering with an agency, they supposedly applied for his dbs since the beginning of March and till date itā€™s not yet out. He keeps calling and they keep saying it was in stage 1, stage 2 and eventually said itā€™s gone through all the stages and he should expect it in the post.

We have waited all week and nothing arrived. I ring this agency myself today and requested for the reference number to track it and this man says he will send it and didnā€™t send it after several hours. I google and find a contact number to reach DBS representative so I called using the number. After providing my brother ā€˜a details, can you believe that DBS has no record of his and the wifeā€™s DBS application. Like this man didnā€™t apply for their DBS after collecting full fees for this application.

I quickly started recording when he confirmed they dont have details of any application with the details I provided.

Please where do I take this deceit and fraud to? I am ready to follow this up cos this is the height of wickedness. Two long months my brother and wife have been waiting for dbs so they can work, he knew he didnā€™t apply but have been lying. How mean can people be? He has asked severally for number and he will tell him he is sending it but never sends it until I decided to call myself today

Please advice my people

This happen to my husband years ago.... we saw a website online that claim to do dbs. We paid and it entered voice mail. It only when he got a job that the dbs was properly processed

So I think you should focus on getting a job and if the employment need DBS then they can do it as part of their post job referencing stage

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2023
davide470:

Even people when get paper are finding both hard then is it those without.... abeg no dey give false hope ooo grin. You can do both but it's extremely difficult and the frustration go plenty

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by delectabledee: 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
Hi Guys,

What credit card is the easiest to get in the Uk?
What is the highest monthly limit?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
LagosismyHome:

This happen to my husband years ago.... we saw a website online that claim to do dbs. We paid and it entered voice mail. It only when he got a job that the dbs was properly processed

So I think you should focus on getting a job and if the employment need DBS then they can do it as part of their post job referencing stage

Thank you for responding. The thing is this wasnā€™t an online thing. This was done through a nursing agency with a physical office. We have been to their physical office. He looked my brother and wife in the face, collected full money for application and lied he did the dbs application whereas he didnā€™t. They have spent the last two months chasing for the certificate for an application that was never made.

They have called severally requesting for reference number to track and hr still couldnā€™t say he did not make this application.

I really need to know how to treat such fraud cos this person is not some anonymous online business

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.