Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171353 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by vikaosi: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
dupyshoo:
Go through rightmove and spareroom. Tbh, the probability that you will get a house from Naija is very slim. Consider airbnb or stay with friends/families for few weeks
to allow you settle in.
SpareRoom especially. You might see someone willing to sublet
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
Seriously @seun, please consider upgrading Nairaland's search functionality. angry

What's the best way to travel with palm oil from Nigeria via British Airways? My friend is coming to the Uk in 3weeks and we are trying to figure the best way to bring palm oil and other food items from Nigeria without having it seized.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
Right here is the easiest card to get in UK, they are the Father Christmas of UK in terms or giving Credit Card… Use my link and enjoy free Avios as well… USE YOUR CREDIT CARD WITH CAUTION ooo.. ⚠️

Only spend what you can afford to pay back

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/iBRAHAmzzl?
delectabledee:
Hi Guys,

What credit card is the easiest to get in the Uk?
What is the highest monthly limit?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
davide470:
Life in the EU for "EU Nationals" is better than life in the UK for "UK nationals".. that's the complete version of that sentence. A good number of those seeking asylum are rejected in France, hence illegal, and the French don't have the time to deport anyone, they just frustrate you out of their country.
Really shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tier4Dependant: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2023
gratefulme40:

Thank you for responding. The thing is this wasn’t an online thing. This was done through a nursing agency with a physical office. We have been to their physical office. He looked my brother and wife in the face, collected full money for application and lied he did the dbs application whereas he didn’t. They have spent the last two months chasing for the certificate for an application that was never made.

They have called severally requesting for reference number to track and hr still couldn’t say he did not make this application.

I really need to know how to treat such fraud cos this person is not some anonymous online business

Go back to the office, look at him right in the face and get the reference number. After which you can track and have proof of whether he has applied or not. I’m sure you will know what to do next.

Without that reference number, I’m not sure you can really do anything because he can still give you false stories even though you have called dbs.

But wait, shebi na the company suppose pay for dbs Or am I missing sth?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Meogom: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
ukay2:

Option 1

Maintain speed limits all the time,otherwise, no more speed awareness course for you.

Its either points or fine or court or combinations

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Meogom: 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Pay £99 & option 1 .....

OK, thank you sir, will go with that option
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
ubom123:
Please does anyone has the contact of any good company that does air cargo to the UK. I want to send food stuffs.

I mentioned contact details of one a while back. Check my previous posts
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2023
Solumtoya:

I will get that info. All I did was to go pick it up at Peckham. The phone number I had to call for pick up was 07915243229. Their office address here is Covenant Air and Sea Cargo Ltd, 9 Peckham Park Rd, London SE15 6TR.

Overall, the service was fair. Goods arrived intact and on time, so I can't really complain.

ubom123
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by acosfd: 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
amnwa:
Please is anyone living or have any information about south Wales . In terms of cost of living and job opportunities.

Accommodation is quite expensive in Cardiff, gets cheaper the farther away you go. As for jobs, I think it depends on what you want. Care jobs, hospitality, warehouse jobs have been a bit scarce lately, don't know if it get better or worse though.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
Akhat:

The option I have left now is to sell my land in Port Harcourt. I have two plots of land(fenced) and another half plot round eneka-igbo eche link road in port Harcourt to sell. Documents are deeds of conveyance
Local government levy receipt
State government levy receipt
Community youth levy
Price is 3.5m per plot
I can also use it as collateral for loan with payback payment plan within agreed period. As I can afford to do £300 monthly direct debit from my account to payback the loan.

Don’t assume everybody knows how much you want or how much your tuition fees are. You need to state it clearly.
At the rate of £300 per month how long is it going to take you to pay up ? Have you worked that out ?
Inbox

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solveabode(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
Solumtoya:

Nope, minimum one-off deposit is £100 while minimum weekly debit is £1. You can pay as much as you have left of the max annual cap of £4k

Thank you for the details.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2023
Solumtoya:

I mentioned contact details of one a while back. Check my previous posts

www [dot] convenantcargo [dot] biz

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akhat: 1:11am On Apr 22, 2023
KOVIC19COVID20:

@ the Bolded 1:
Did you really have a functional initial plan?

@ the Bolded 2:
Assumption is that you now have a job, right?

From the Job you now have, are you able to pay £1,000 to the school monthly? If yes, re-negotiate a flexi-payment plan with the school. They can roar and bark, they will hardly bite (as first resort). Just make a commitment to the school (in much smaller chunks - say £1000 per month). At least if something dey enter, dem go give you small breathing space.

The amount left to pay is 3k. I had a running bolt business in Nigeria, but the driver had an accident with the car.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akhat: 1:16am On Apr 22, 2023
wallg123:

Don’t assume everybody knows how much you want or how much your tuition fees are. You need to state it clearly.
At the rate of £300 per month how long is it going to take you to pay up ? Have you worked that out ?
Inbox

I am sorry for not providing the details. The amount left to pay is £3k. I will inbox you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 2:53am On Apr 22, 2023
Akhat:

The amount left to pay is 3k. I had a running bolt business in Nigeria, but the driver had an accident with the car.
You've almost paid everything. If push comes to shove, just withdraw cash from your credit card then pay the minimum monthly balance till you are buoyant enough to clear the balance.

This advice is based on the assumption that credit card sanctions (interest or missed payments) is better than school sanctions.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 3:01am On Apr 22, 2023
In other news, na why e dey hard to help be this https://www.nairaland.com/7661684/nigerian-woman-finds-drugs-inside

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 3:11am On Apr 22, 2023
Viruses:
In other news, na why e dey hard to help be this https://www.nairaland.com/7661684/nigerian-woman-finds-drugs-inside
Doesn't look like she's helping. She seems to be running a courier business.

And I also I think "help" depends on your relationship. For example, I wouldn't accept crayfish(or packed) good from a random person on the Internet, but what about someone we live together ? Or say a friend whom we have been together for years ? Perhaps not even packed foods as they are easily "stacked". How about documents?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 4:43am On Apr 22, 2023
Good morning everyone!!!

Please do we have any lawyer in the house?

Are you able to notarize documents ?

Any link to do a quick one in naija ?

I need a couple of documents notarized 🙏...abeg
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:25am On Apr 22, 2023
gratefulme40:

Thank you for responding. The thing is this wasn’t an online thing. This was done through a nursing agency with a physical office. We have been to their physical office. He looked my brother and wife in the face, collected full money for application and lied he did the dbs application whereas he didn’t. They have spent the last two months chasing for the certificate for an application that was never made.

They have called severally requesting for reference number to track and hr still couldn’t say he did not make this application.

I really need to know how to treat such fraud cos this person is not some anonymous online business

You have 2 choices.......

- https://ico.org.uk/
- Report crime to the police.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dewhaley: 5:47am On Apr 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:

How long is this piece of rope ......... You would learn everyday ........ Learning no dey finish......😜

Well my cous has given me the heads up… my work is currently from home, as it has been since I was in Naija ,thank God my businesses are global, it’s a plus for me.. it gets boring.. all these income and no friends to chill out with …

Anyways it is what it is … I’ll live , thanks Chief
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:50am On Apr 22, 2023
delectabledee:
Hi Guys,

What credit card is the easiest to get in the Uk?
What is the highest monthly limit?

None ....... Your credit score and lender, determines if they want to take a financial risk ..........

But for high credit card limits........

AMEX, Virgin Money & MBNA (from my experience) ...... This one's would load your credit card ...... (subject to satisfactory credit score).......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:59am On Apr 22, 2023
Viruses:

I have a real life story ..........

My family got a party in a couple of weeks...... The aso ebi was bought from Nigeria and was handed over to a logistics courier, that cargo's goods ........

Long and short, cargo provider loads goods in container....... Container was full ...... Someone that handed logistics courier their own goods, packed cocaine...... Container arrived UK and was seized by customs......

We still dey the matter to collect our goods (almost 3 month's and counting)......

It's slowly resolving, a controlled delivery was made, cocaine gang arrested in the UK..... Now uk customs wants individual to come claim their goods, individually ......... We still dey await date .....😂

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:01am On Apr 22, 2023
dewhaley:

Well my cous has given me the heads up… my work is currently from home, as it has been since I was in Naija ,thank God my businesses are global, it’s a plus for me.. it gets boring.. all these income and no friends to chill out with …

Anyways it is what it is … I’ll live , thanks Chief

Rope and learning no dey finish....... At least a light is shinning from the tunnel........🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:06am On Apr 22, 2023
CowbellY:

Doesn't look like she's helping. She seems to be running a courier business.

And I also I think "help" depends on your relationship. For example, I wouldn't accept crayfish(or packed) good from a random person on the Internet, but what about someone we live together ? Or say a friend whom we have been together for years ? Perhaps not even packed foods as they are easily "stacked". How about documents?

My uncle was handed over cocaine, by his very close friend ...... Many years ago......

For this single reason, my mother always gets apprehensive, when people bring anything to us (whilst travelling abroad)......

I have a 0% tolerance rate in accepting goods from people (only people allowed are my wife & sister's).......🤣😂

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kennyliga112: 6:15am On Apr 22, 2023
brine:
Seriously @seun, please consider upgrading Nairaland's search functionality. angry

What's the best way to travel with palm oil from Nigeria via British Airways? My friend is coming to the Uk in 3weeks and we are trying to figure the best way to bring palm oil and other food items from Nigeria without having it seized.

He should prepare 5k at the airport. I paid 5k .at the airport and I brought in palm oil and enough food stuffs without searching. All he gave to do is just give them the money before they start opening ur bags

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:17am On Apr 22, 2023
A very good saturday morning read .........

Why I called police to tell them my son had just committed MURDER https://mol.im/a/12000415 via https://dailym.ai/android

Would we protect/shield our children or grass them ........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lilachiever(m): 6:31am On Apr 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I have a real life story ..........

My family got a party in a couple of weeks...... The aso ebi was bought from Nigeria and was handed over to a logistics courier, that cargo's goods ........

Long and short, cargo provider loads goods in container....... Container was full ...... Someone that handed logistics courier their own goods, packed cocaine...... Container arrived UK and was seized by customs......

We still dey the matter to collect our goods (almost 3 month's and counting)......

It's slowly resolving, a controlled delivery was made, cocaine gang arrested in the UK..... Now uk customs wants individual to come claim their goods, individually ......... We still dey await date .....😂

If it was naija, they'd just seize the contraband with no effort in trying to apprehend the perpetrators.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:32am On Apr 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:
A very good saturday morning read .........

Why I called police to tell them my son had just committed MURDER https://mol.im/a/12000415 via https://dailym.ai/android

Would we protect/shield our children or grass them ........

Smh These people Sha

If it was a black guy that stabbed someone else, you won't see writeup like this oooooo. Writing glowing reviews about someone who stabbed another person like it's academic reference

They're acting as if he's a perfect guy who just happened to make a mistake but on the flipside, the black kid has always been in a gang and is always angry at his teachers

Yeye dey smell angry

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2023
lilachiever:

If it was naija, they'd just seize the contraband with no effort in trying to apprehend the perpetrators.

Nigeria can never be a case study, for positive growth and development........

Nigeria is on autopilot (wrong coordinates inputted).....😂😭😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 7:01am On Apr 22, 2023
Tinyemeka:
@Lexusgs470 I've just locked myself outside the house and na only me dey house. Barefoot and no jacket.

I'm stuck in the foyer. Have tried sliding a card through the gap. No hope. Ahdondie!?? cry

I don't want to start calling locksmiths now to charge me on top jam lock. Any advice anyone please ?🥺

Just saw this now. Believe you must have found way in. For future and as record for others:

There is something done with a drill to successfully unlock a door. All you need to do is get the lock back and I believe that’s less than £10 to get the new lock with keys. I would have written the process for the drill here, but for security reasons can’t/won’t.

Any unlock situation, ask your neighbors for drill, 80% sure they will have one as DIY is a human in every home in UK. You might be lucky that the owner of the drill knows how to use it for locks and help you do it since he/she knows you live in the house.

A general option is put a spare key under the flower vase in the garden or in your gas heater box outside your home.

Pele. Those blacksmith Abi goldsmith (one of the smith sha) de charge £170 to cut and replace key. UK fit kill person.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:17am On Apr 22, 2023
Chreze:

Just saw this now. Believe you must have found way in. For future and as record for others:

There is something done with a drill to successfully unlock a door. All you need to do is get the lock back and I believe that’s less than £10 to get the new lock with keys. I would have written the process for the drill here, but for security reasons can’t/won’t.

Any unlock situation, ask your neighbors for drill, 80% sure they will have one as DIY is a human in every home in UK. You might be lucky that the owner of the drill knows how to use it for locks and help you do it since he/she knows you live in the house.

A general option is put a spare key under the flower vase in the garden or in your gas heater box outside your home.

Pele. Those blacksmith Abi goldsmith (one of the smith sha) de charge £170 to cut and replace key. UK fit kill person.

Simply give your neighbour a spare key ....... Is always the best option ........

Be friends with your neighbours....... Don't be a SNOB ........🤣😜

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.