Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183286 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ndessien:
Thanks my brother. I saw one on gumtree now. The
Asian guy said I can come for viewing this morning. Please, how do I know is not scam?

Just try to rent from an agency. Always the safe bet.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:
Why won’t Qatar Board HIM?

Because the visa is not valid, on day of boarding .....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Pearlyfaze:

Thank you she said I could take uber to her house.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Points to note : Uber UK does not accept cash payments, so either have a card registered or take black cab.........

For black cab, budget £100.00......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
My brother na this weather men are going through looking for money here. Oh Jesus, na I really understand why men will not send money home despite how you beg.
It is even crazy for guys currently doing menial job.
N.B, we are just blessed in Africa, just unfortunate economic sabotage

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Points to note : Uber UK does not accept cash payments, so either have a card registered or take black cab.........

For black cab, budget £100.00......... grin

I have a dollar master card, won't this work?.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Pearlyfaze:

Input details on your uber account.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
amanze54:
My brother na this weather men are going through looking for money here. Oh Jesus, na I really understand why men will not send money home despite how you beg.

Winter isn't here yet. grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
Pearlyfaze:

The best thing is for your friend in the Uk to book the Uber for you when you arrive from the airport to her house… that would save you the hassle.
Your card might not work. Call her when you are in the airport (terminal) and she can book you that way
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:34am On Nov 29, 2021
wallg123:

The best thing is for your friend in the Uk to book the Uber for you when you arrive from the airport to her house… that would save you the hassle.
Your card might not work. Call her when you are in the airport (terminal) and she can book you that way

She would be at work and might not be able to pick her phone, let alone the complications of a 3rd party uber airport pick up .....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oggg: 3:22am On Nov 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

She would be at work and might not be able to pick her phone, let alone the complications of a 3rd party uber airport pick up .....
naira mastercard - gtb works on uber uk. As long as you have not used the naira equivalent of 200 dollars in that month. Add the naira mastercard to the uber uk account as payment method.. thts all. I am also guessing other naira bank mastercards should work as well

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:31am On Nov 29, 2021
Oggg:
naira mastercard - gtb works on uber uk. As long as you have not used the naira equivalent of 200 dollars in that month. Add the naira mastercard to the uber uk account as payment method.. thts all. I am also guessing other naira bank mastercards should work as well

Absolutely........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:54am On Nov 29, 2021
amanze54:

If given the opportunity would you exchange this weather for all the problems we have in Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2021
grin Lmaoo…. Definitely NO…. grin

justwise:

If given the opportunity would you exchange this weather for all the problems we have in Africa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2021
Please ladies and gentlemen, if you have recently received your visa or recently settled in. Please endeavour to help answer questions as you have more recent experience.

Don't do smash and grab!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OkanlawonB(m): 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
justwise:

UK problems go well beyond cold weather, the problems of substance abuse is quite alarming, violent crimes seem unfortunately to be nothing extraordinary, look at the recent case of the 12 year old girl Ava White that was murdered by another teenager at the Liverpool city center. No week goes by in Liverpool, a city of just about 500,000 people without reports of police raiding homes on suspicion of criminal activity almost always with success. Within a short space of time the number of fatal road accidents cannot be ignored. The level of social problems in the UK is quite alarming. Even the challenge of pest infestation in the UK seem to be on an epidemic scale. I was at the Stanley park located between Goodison Stadium and Anfield Stadium the level of rat infection there is an eyesore.
Even if we are not in a position to help the situation it is good to at be aware of the shortcomings in our immediate environment and not displaying the trait of a mentally enslaved. No region or nation of the world is perfect.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
OkanlawonB:

UK problems go well beyond cold weather, the problems of substance abuse is quite alarming, violent crimes seem unfortunately to be nothing extraordinary, look at the recent case of the 12 year old girl Ava White that was murdered by another teenager at the Liverpool city center. No week goes by in Liverpool, a city of just about 500,000 people without reports of police raiding homes on suspicion of criminal activity almost always with success. Within a short space of time the number of fatal road accidents cannot be ignored. The level of social problems in the UK is quite alarming. Even the challenge of pest infestation in the UK seem to be on an epidemic scale. I was at the Stanley park located between Goodison Stadium and Anfield Stadium the level of rat infection there is an eyesore.
Even if we are not in a position to help the situation it is good to at be aware of the shortcomings in our immediate environment and not displaying the trait of a mentally enslaved. No region or nation of the world is perfect.

let me pretend as if i did not see that.

So back to my original question..considering all the problems you listed above, will exchange that for all the problems we have in Africa?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
Na wa oh. Someone cannot take a small nap without coming back to +5 pages tongue Una well done.

Please if you mentioned me and I didn’t reply Pele. I’ve been replying PM’s though as na season we dey now smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Input details on your uber account.........

Thank you sir.
Thank you all for your inputs.

I appreciate.

Gracias
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Additivesupplie: 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello house.

A friend is due to fly to Nigeria tomorrow, but while filling the form now he said he got stucked where to choose a lab for his day 2 test, no option to choose lab and payment option is not also showing....
What can he do, will he be allowed to fly without the QR arrival code?
It's urgent my people
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
OkanlawonB:

U can live in UK and not experience all that you state above ...... a lot listed are global issues not UK issue. You find these in some areas in Nigeria, UK, America, Germany etc..

Problems no dey finish for this world. That doesn't mean you would experience it all

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KeriBaby(f): 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good afternoon Guys, please my people I want to know which is better and more favourable between ABERDEEN and PLYMOUTH!! Help MEEEEEEEEE!!! Lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayo47(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yes, no society/country has a perfect system. We however are talking about the rate at which the problems you mentioned are experienced. In the context of a "perfect system", UK probably has a 70-80% score (if not a greater score) while your beloved Nigeria would be around 30-40%. Yes, every society has issues but the focus here should be the rate/potential of such occurrence

OkanlawonB:

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
mayo47:
Yes, no society/country has a perfect system. We however are talking about the rate at which the problems you mentioned are experienced. In the context of a "perfect system", UK probably has a 70-80% score (if not a greater score) while your beloved Nigeria would be around 30-40%. Yes, every society has issues but the focus here should be the rate/potential of such occurrence

The rate Nigeria is going 30% too high self ....

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
justwise:

let me pretend as if i did not see that.

So back to my original question..considering all the problems you listed above, will exchange that for all the problems we have in Africa?

justwise don turn born again. You're just going to ignore that grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
kode12:

justwise don turn born again. You're just going to ignore that grin grin

..more than 10yrs ago, surprised that you just noticed that today
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Jumping in to share my find.
May i suggest Regatta Jackets? Cheap, durable and very very warm. You wont regret it. I have got tons in different colours. Oh yes , they have always got sales going on

amanze54:

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lexusgs430 vs FTSE......

Beat the experts ............ cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
justwise:

..more than 10yrs ago, surprised that you just noticed that today
Lol. Pulling your legs bro.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Lexusgs430 vs FTSE......

Beat the experts ............ cheesy

You have to be more granular... What did you invest in as against what the index fund is tracking. We want to learn wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
missjekyll:
Jumping in to share my find.
May i suggest Regatta Jackets? Cheap, durable and very very warm. You wont regret it. I have got tons in different colours. Oh yes , they have always got sales going on

Link please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.