Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179898 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 27, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Bobrisky says hello grin

LMAO!!! Goodnight cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 12:49am On Nov 27, 2021
[quote

Always a pleasure reading through @Ticha post omo, semi-retire at 50. We don bookmark the post and hopefully save enough to venture into it.

Endofmyjottings grin grin
[/quote]

My sister! I wish I started way, way earlier! But better late than never!

I had the opportunity to buy a 2 bedroom flat in 2008 and turned my nose at it. It was going for peanuts and I was in a shared accommodation fa that cost me only about 60 quid less than the mortgage! I stayed in that grotty shared house for another 1 year shocked shocked If only I could go back and shake my younger self!

What got me started was reading Your Money or Your Life and then finding out about the FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early). I don't subscribe to all of their advice cos I only have one life and I must enjoy it to the fullest however, the main gist is worth taking onboard.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ajibolaoi: 5:28am On Nov 27, 2021
Good day great people here.... kudos to all contributions so far. May the Lord bless us all.

Please not everybody is in I.T/Tech/Medical field.

People like me study and had experience Agriculture.
Please is their Job Opportunity for Animal scientist like Poultry, Aquaculture or any other related specialty.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2021
claremont:

Hargreaves Lansdown. I have been with them for almost 10 years. I see a lot of dodgy brokers posted here. It's only when you want to withdraw your profits you know the genuine brokers from the dodgy ones. HL have never failed me.

Thanks for sharing this info, Clare.

Which will I select on HL site for a newbie?

open a fund & share ACC or open a stocks/shares ISA?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2021
nineville:

Just be aware that if you are using HL, your trades should be above £250 (I think) for it to be worth it. I read this from a top stock trader who advised against using it for trades below that amount.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2021
dustydee:

Just be aware that if you are using HL, your trades should be above £250 (I think) for it to be worth it. I read this from a top stock trader who advised against using it for trades below that amount.

Noted. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Redef: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Mamatukwas:

We can help. Send a PM please. No contraband food allowed though but every thing else is okay.

Hi Mamatukwas
I tried sending a message but it said you are not connected.
Please respond when you see this.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
nineville:

I have both accounts, and you can open both. The ISA limit of £20,000 applies to the stock and share account though.

This new Covid variant this week is tilting me towards investing in Novavax. They have a Covid vaccine coming which can be refrigerated for up to 2 years, this puts it head and shoulders above the current vaccines by Pfizer and Astra Zeneca. 2022 looks to be a promising year for this share with a massive upside potential.

SP can obviously go down as well leading to loss of your money. DYOR.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
claremont:

Hargreaves Lansdown. I have been with them for almost 10 years. I see a lot of dodgy brokers posted here. It's only when you want to withdraw your profits you know the genuine brokers from the dodgy ones. HL have never failed me.

Don't forget to add..... HL charges £11 to place a trade(per trade) . ......... grin

I love HL because, they would list penny stocks others would not list .......... grin

So HL is my Penny stocks warehouse.......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Good every one. Please who know any cheap cargo company from Nigeria to uk should kindly let me know please. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Don't forget to add..... HL charges £11 to place a trade(per trade) . ......... grin

I love HL because, they would list penny stocks others would not list .......... grin

So HL is my Penny stocks warehouse.......... smiley

So, if I buy and sell based on my mood like I do on Freetrade I could get into massive debt? shocked

@claremont, please let us know the dodgy brokers posted on here as you mentioned
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Anyone wants to buy $100 lufthansa voucher. Can be used and added to buying a ticket. Can sell for $90.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

So, if I buy and sell based on my mood like I do on Freetrade I could get into massive debt? shocked

@claremont, please let us know the dodgy brokers posted on here as you mentioned

We dey await claremont.......... cheesy

And to use HL, their UI requires Eton education........ smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Let's wait and see the dodgy brokers to avoid.

BTW, Freetrade is doing a crowdfunding via Crowdcube...might not be your cup of tea sha, it's a longterm investment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
N
wonlasewonimi:

Let's wait and see the dodgy brokers to avoid.

BTW, Freetrade is doing a crowdfunding via Crowdcube...might not be your cup of tea sha, it's a longterm investment.

Honey keeps sending me round 7 ........ When I no be boxer or wrestler............. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Hi Lexus, as regards trading via freetrade… please do u have any recommendations for any youtube channel/group/article a beginner in the stock market can use to gain a good understanding of stock nd shares.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Hi Lexus, as regards trading via freetrade… please do u have any recommendations for any youtube channel/group/article a beginner in the stock market can use to gain a good understanding of stock nd shares.

The basics & fundamentals of shares acquisitions, remains the same (regardless of broker)........

Stock and shares, I feel means the same thing....... Sasha, Peter Komolafe, mamafurfur etc etc . Can only offer general information, but signals can be picked up from reddit groups and general discussions on forums .......

Look at it this way, if everyone knew that investment that would give us numerous golden eggs, we would never have a negative position.... But the stock market swings, in all directions.....

When you eventually decide to buy shares, never be emotionally attached to any position (sell when you feel you have enough margins and never sell on a red position).......

With shares, once it's in negative position, it would still rise again (if company is still actively trading)... Just have a long term mentality.......

Avoid CFD trades like very hot boiling water, once you see reds in CFD, your money would be gone ........

I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISER AND CANNOT OFFER FINANCIAL ADVICE............ grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ajibolaoi: 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Plz kindly help with my question �

God bless you

Ajibolaoi:
Good day great people here.... kudos to all contributions so far. May the Lord bless us all.

Please not everybody is in I.T/Tech/Medical field.

People like me study and had experience Agriculture.
Please is their Job Opportunity for Animal scientist like Poultry, Aquaculture or any other related specialty.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ajibolaoi:
Plz kindly help with my question �

God bless you

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations

Go through this link and look for any Job relating to your work experience and study
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Fibonacci88: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hi Folks. I plan relocating to d UK next yr with my fiance after our wedding nxt yr . I want to apply for a student visa. Whats the chance of her securing a job in the uk while i work partime and school. she is a registered Nurse I heard nursing is a high demand profession in d uk. Plus what does she need to do her in nig to position her for a job there. I am optimistic of getting admission and getting d neccesary funding for our relocation my only fear is how we gonna survive in d uk. I will appreciate any kind advise. THanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
Fibonacci88:
Hi Folks. I plan relocating to d UK next yr with my fiance after our wedding nxt yr . I want to apply for a student visa. Whats the chance of her securing a job in the uk while i work partime and school. she is a registered Nurse I heard nursing is a high demand profession in d uk. Plus what does she need to do her in nig to position her for a job there. I am optimistic of getting admission and getting d neccesary funding for our relocation my only fear is how we gonna survive in d uk. I will appreciate any kind advise. THanks

You are going about this the wrong way ......... The horse should/must go before the cart ........... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Fibonacci88:

You might not need to spend all that money on schooling if she a nurse. You both should look into the requirement to get a nursing job. Let her get a job and you both be on her visa... when you come, you hussle and find a job in your area.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Oh well…

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ndessien: 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
Please house, help your sister. I am seriously looking for 2-3 bedrooms house or flat urgently. In Swindon, Chippenham, Corsham or Keynsham. I have tried Rightmove, Zoopla , Openrent, Gumtree and Facebook market. No availability till late December or early January.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Icesnow(f): 12:32am On Nov 28, 2021
Hi all. Can anyone tell me which gives more job opportunities between social work or Mental health both within and outside UK. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 28, 2021
I am a Nigerian Software Engineer living in London. I need the warmth of a Nigerian woman's bosoms this yuletide. If you are single and looking, I am happy to meet you over coffee and get to know you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 6:28am On Nov 28, 2021
Ndessien:
Please house, help your sister. I am seriously looking for 2-3 bedrooms house or flat urgently. In Swindon, Chippenham, Corsham or Keynsham. I have tried Rightmove, Zoopla , Openrent, Gumtree and Facebook market. No availability till late December or early January.

Are you in amazon as I’m hearing lots of them looking in those areas. Try malmesbury if not use airbnb temporarily.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 6:31am On Nov 28, 2021
Simran94:
Please what's the easiest way to send money(GBP) from London down to Nigeria? Someone suggested sending to a dormicilliary account in Nigeria but that seems to be taking a long time to get to the recepient
Try world remit app
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 7:03am On Nov 28, 2021
Yalekid:
I am a Nigerian Software Engineer living in London. I need the warmth of a Nigerian woman's bosoms this yuletide. If you are single and looking, I am happy to meet you over coffee and get to know you.
omo this finding a spouse na really serious matter for this UK oo... hey cry cry it will not be well with Break up ooo... I gat to catch my madam for this naija before moving oo... cos I never see or hear any encouraging stories of finding a partner in this obodo oyibo...
On a second thought.. sure you looking for a permanent partner abi part time partner for the Christmas... on comparison its like TIER 2 partner n TIER 4 partner grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2021
jtech17:

Try world remit app
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2021
Yalekid:

Are you signing a semi permanent contract or seasonal contract............... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.